PDA

View Full Version : $11 Million in Stimulus Money For Clothing For Job Seekers, Clothes 2 People

LiveLaughLove
3/7/2012, 06:24 PM
http://www.detroitnews.com/article/20120307/METRO01/203070333/Audit-Part-11M-grant-Detroit-job-seekers-only-aided-2?odyssey=tab|topnews|text|FRONTPAGE

In Detroit.

Just a drop in the bucket of wasted stimulus money for sure, but kind of funny in that, I think I'll throw up sort of way.

The auditors found that Detroit didn't put sufficient rules in place for the boutique that got the money. Ya think?

I wonder if the boutique owner is a registered Republican or Democrat?

Whet
3/7/2012, 07:00 PM
Detroit - the failed liberal experiment!

http://youtu.be/1hhJ_49leBw

badger
3/8/2012, 10:22 AM
Detroit is like $100 million in debt and on the verge of getting taken over by the state if I recall correctly, meaning that the local incompetence will have less power and the state will have some chance of resurrecting the once-proud city.

Despite all of the "Imported from Detroit" ads and recent success (maybe) of local sports teams, Detroit is very much in disarray and that likely won't change till new leadership is forced on the area.

sappstuf
3/8/2012, 10:25 AM
932vpuCmfJM

Turd_Ferguson
3/8/2012, 10:27 AM
Detroit - the failed liberal experiment!

http://youtu.be/1hhJ_49leBwWow...Unions hard at work.

cccasooner2
3/8/2012, 10:28 AM
Gee, I would have thought the Detroit Free Press would have prevented this sort of thing from ever happening. :hurt:

Dio
3/8/2012, 05:56 PM
Yeah, but those 2 people looked like 5.5 million bucks!

cleller
3/8/2012, 06:48 PM
They just gloss over the topic of $11 million to dress 400 people. If my calculator punching is right, that's $27,500 per person. What the heck? Now we have to dress people before they'll look for a job?

How about giving each underdressed person a $1000 bill to hand over to the employer in exchange for the job. That might actually work. Hopefully some of the posters that imply that I, and most of you, are irrational liberal-bashers will explain this for us.

LiveLaughLove
3/8/2012, 09:25 PM
It's fascinating to watch the death spirals of these cities. They hire liberal politicians. They implement their liberal policies. They don't work, so the solution is more liberal politicians with more liberal policies. They don't work, so the solution is to hire even more liberal politicians with even more liberal policies. And on it goes, their debts go further in the hole, the smart business people leave, which creates even more debt, which causes even more decay.

It's just a never ending spiral of decay and corruption. Will they ever elect an adult (ie conservative) to tell them the free ride is over and tough decisions have to be made to save their cities? Heck, no!

And yeah, even if the $11 million had clothed the people it was supposed to, it was a ridiculous waste of money per person. Shoot, it was a ridiculous waste of money period. But that's our guy in the White House. Ridiculous.

cccasooner2
3/8/2012, 10:35 PM
"To receive clothing, residents were required to have a job interview scheduled. According to the audit, the DHS was supposed to help 400 people between October 2010 and September 2011 but instead served only two.

"The DHS was only able to provide the auditors with two referral forms signed by two clients documenting that they received clothing from the boutique," the audit said. "Eligible Detroiters are not being served with available clothing being stocked in the boutique."

The department did not give a reason for not reaching the goal of providing 400 people with clothes."

Ummm, maybe because there were only two job openings. The liberal solution is to create 100 bogus job openings with kickback ageements among small businesses, advertise free clothing for applicants, give away about $400,000 in clothes. Distribute the $10,600,000 profit among the parties involved. Write a report declaring success of the program and repeat process by requesting more money to "open" 200 job openings (while closing the previous 100). Repeat as necessary to keep the money flowing. Father/give birth to as many children while the good times roll to minimize any penalties when the "electricity" is turned off. Find a scapegoat and resign at the first hint of an investigation. Write a book and get movie rights about what went wrong and how in your view the problem should be corrected. Run for a seat in the Senate to write laws so that others may follow in your path and support your reelections.

cleller
3/8/2012, 10:54 PM
What a surprise. Once people get a taste of being paid not to work, given free housing, free money for food, free clothes....Suddenly, they no longer have the ability to support themselves. Now they are in need of more government spending to get them on their feet, or build their communities, or some other BS.

Its like feeding a bear. Once you start, its all over.

TheHumanAlphabet
3/8/2012, 11:49 PM
Way to go O'Bammy and the Michigan dems...How theses people ever get in power is just beyond me. Must have a cumulative 12 IQ...

TheHumanAlphabet
3/8/2012, 11:50 PM
What a surprise. Once people get a taste of being paid not to work, given free housing, free money for food, free clothes....Suddenly, they no longer have the ability to support themselves. Now they are in need of more government spending to get them on their feet, or build their communities, or some other BS.

Its like feeding a bear. Once you start, its all over.

This is O'Bammy's and the dems/progressive's game plan...

TVKaleen
3/9/2012, 08:29 AM
So only 2 people get clothed versus 400. $11,000,000 divided by 400.. ummm.. so if the program had been successful we would have spent $27,500 per person for clothing them to get them ready to go search for jobs? Wow.. just wow.

cleller
3/9/2012, 08:37 AM
Still awaiting a response from the other side of the aisle, I see.

Obama had addressed the "enormous responsibility" to oversee these "unprecedented" (his favorite word) stimulus projects. He appointed Joe Biden to be in charge, because "no one messes with Joe."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FyC-SU8Emhc

Hey Joe, welcome to Detroit.