PDA

View Full Version : Not unanimous for Obama? Blame Oklahoma (LOL)

badger
3/7/2012, 03:25 PM
When the delegates are seated at the National Democratic Convention and there's a few little naysayers shouting angst against Obama, you can blame Oklahoma :)

Link (http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/article.aspx?subjectid=688&articleid=20120307_688_0_Thesta701278)

15 counties in Oklahoma yesterday voted (by majority) for someone else --- 12 for the guy with the graphic abortion ads, 3 for the guy that runs for whatever office he can in this state.

http://www.tulsaworld.com/articleimages/2012/20120307_demoresultsmap333337777.jpg

The Democratic Party in this state is soooooooo horribly managed. It is no wonder that they are losing their once strong majorities and their own party's voters are not lockstepping to vote for AN INCUMBENT, SITTING PRESIDENT!!!!

This just simply amazes me. Each and every other state in the union has had unanimous (or at least, enough of a majority in each state so that all delegates go to Obama) except Oklahoma. State party leaders are apparently checking to see if there's any possible way to give all the delegates to Obama... there isn't. The abortion ad dude got more than 15 percent. Whoops.

Thoughts?

Curly Bill
3/7/2012, 03:28 PM
LOL...are my thoughts

Curly Bill
3/7/2012, 03:29 PM
LOL...are my thoughts

...and not LOL at Oklahoma, but at Brack and the donks.

okie52
3/7/2012, 03:30 PM
LOL

Curly Bill
3/7/2012, 03:31 PM
LOL

Copycat!

Mississippi Sooner
3/7/2012, 03:35 PM
So, Jim Rogers carried three counties? Somewhere, Tuba must be very proud.

okie52
3/7/2012, 03:38 PM
Copycat!

Pardon me.

http://i990.photobucket.com/albums/af24/okie54/Laughing_Hyena_Cartoon.gif

badger
3/7/2012, 03:40 PM
My thought was LOL too.

Maybe I should have made this a poll...

okie52
3/7/2012, 03:41 PM
Our Dems will hardly be able to show their faces at the convention.

Boomer.....
3/7/2012, 03:48 PM
I don't follow politics at all, so it's probably no surprise, but I did not know that there was a democratic primary. I just assumed Obama was up again and that's it.

badger
3/7/2012, 03:51 PM
Our Dems will hardly be able to show their faces at the convention.

Remember 2008? Gov. Brad Henry was practically on deck to say how wonderful Oklahoma was like all of those delegate announcements go... you know, something like "On behalf of the great state of Oklahoma, the forefront leader in early childhood education, the energy capitol state of America and home to more Native Americans per capita than any other state... I declare 40 delegates for Barack Obama!"

Anyways, they are going down the alphabet, and guess what letter comes right before "O" in the alphabet. N... as in New York, as is New York Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton. She gets all brazen and bold and is like "Let's declare Obama the winner right now!" and thus, no moment for Brad Henry nor Oklahoma at the Democratic National Convention :(

And Obama didn't give Henry a job after the 2008 election, either... but can anyone blame Obama? Every county voted for McCain, hehe.

badger
3/7/2012, 03:52 PM
I don't follow politics at all, so it's probably no surprise, but I did not know that there was a democratic primary. I just assumed Obama was up again and that's it.

I think that was the problem, that Democrat voters assumed that there was no reason to vote... and now, our state's Dems are going to be embarrassed at the convention with someone WHO ISN'T EVEN A DEMOCRAT that somehow carried 12 counties in this state, enough to get delegates. Whoops.

okie52
3/7/2012, 03:58 PM
Remember 2008? Gov. Brad Henry was practically on deck to say how wonderful Oklahoma was like all of those delegate announcements go... you know, something like "On behalf of the great state of Oklahoma, the forefront leader in early childhood education, the energy capitol state of America and home to more Native Americans per capita than any other state... I declare 40 delegates for Barack Obama!"

Anyways, they are going down the alphabet, and guess what letter comes right before "O" in the alphabet. N... as in New York, as is New York Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton. She gets all brazen and bold and is like "Let's declare Obama the winner right now!" and thus, no moment for Brad Henry nor Oklahoma at the Democratic National Convention :(

And Obama didn't give Henry a job after the 2008 election, either... but can anyone blame Obama? Every county voted for McCain, hehe.

Didn't Brad have his moment though? Didn't he speak for Kerry in 2004?

Of course the Jimmy's "egg on your face" award goes again to our illustrious president Boren, who, without necessity and at some risk to the university announced his endorsement of Obama in 2008. So influential was this endorsement that Obama almost carried a county in NE OK.

East Coast Bias
3/7/2012, 04:38 PM
This is more ridiculous than Okla Pubs giving their delegates to Santorum?

okie52
3/7/2012, 04:48 PM
This is more ridiculous than Okla Pubs giving their delegates to Santorum?

Well right now we can share that shame with 5 or 6 other states...as far as I know OK is the only state so far to not go unaminous for Obama.

East Coast Bias
3/7/2012, 06:14 PM
Well right now we can share that shame with 5 or 6 other states...as far as I know OK is the only state so far to not go unaminous for Obama.
Just sayin, its interesting what the board considers thread-worthy. No thread about the Limbaugh gaff? Not anything after Santorum carries Oklahoma? But somehow the Dem primary is newsworthy? Does anyone think Obama is concerned about not carrying the nomination?Come on? Santorum carrying Oklahoma is the national story, where's the discussion here? It does explain why we haven't seen anyone stumping for Romney on here.

OU_Sooners75
3/7/2012, 06:22 PM
...and not LOL at Oklahoma, but at Brack and the donks.

Heh....I am one of the donks i guess...LOL

I voted for Randall Terry FTR, not Obama!

okie52
3/7/2012, 07:16 PM
Just sayin, its interesting what the board considers thread-worthy. No thread about the Limbaugh gaff? Not anything after Santorum carries Oklahoma? But somehow the Dem primary is newsworthy? Does anyone think Obama is concerned about not carrying the nomination?Come on? Santorum carrying Oklahoma is the national story, where's the discussion here? It does explain why we haven't seen anyone stumping for Romney on here.

I didn't see OK getting that much national news over santorum...I thought the media seemed much more focused on Ohio.

I don't think Obama cares what happens in OK as he probably won't win a county here again this election. Real news might be if he ever came to OK.

I'm supporting Romney BTW but I haven't done much stumping for him.

badger
3/7/2012, 09:24 PM

We already had a Super Tuesday thread discussing Santorum's win here and elsewhere, as well as the longstanding "Pubfest" thread. But the fact that Obama is no longer a unanimous choice on the Dem side thanks to Oklahoma I found pretty significant... or at least worth a few lulz.

You are more than welcome to start threads. Nobody's barring you from doing that! Start threads on Rush! Start threads on Santorum! Run with it! You'll likely get tons of responses regardless! :)

olevetonahill
3/7/2012, 11:58 PM
I didn't see OK getting that much national news over santorum...I thought the media seemed much more focused on Ohio.

I don't think Obama cares what happens in OK as he probably won't win a county here again this election. Real news might be if he ever came to OK.

I'm supporting Romney BTW but I haven't done much stumping for him.

That would make me PROUD

hawaii 5-0
3/8/2012, 01:09 AM
There's probably Birthers amongst the Dems as well.

5-0

Chuck Bao
3/8/2012, 04:54 AM
Never mind. I so want to put an Obama billboard on my mile on one side of US Hwy 70. The rest of my family will probably disown me, but that doesn't matter to me. I think that they really need a stick poked in them for believing the nutso cases.

East Coast Bias
3/8/2012, 07:01 AM
We already had a Super Tuesday thread discussing Santorum's win here and elsewhere, as well as the longstanding "Pubfest" thread. But the fact that Obama is no longer a unanimous choice on the Dem side thanks to Oklahoma I found pretty significant... or at least worth a few lulz.

You are more than welcome to start threads. Nobody's barring you from doing that! Start threads on Rush! Start threads on Santorum! Run with it! You'll likely get tons of responses regardless! :)

What you say here is great, just not factual. I went back and reread all those threads, not a mention anywhere of the Santorum victory in either thread. Maybe there was a long discussion thread that got deleted? Here's my opinion: The Santorum vote in Oklahoma may represent the state but not neccessarily the posters on this board.Okie mentioned "shame" in connection with the vote?Look, I don't care where the conversation here goes, but the Dems are a very minor story here....

okie52
3/8/2012, 09:50 AM
That would make me PROUD

I'll be thrilled if Obama loses every county again. That might be a first for OK if the same candidate lost every county in consecutive elections.

TitoMorelli
3/8/2012, 11:09 AM
Many voters in rural counties are registered Democrats, regardless of their political lean, because almost every candidate for county-level offices will run on the Democratic ticket. The primary election determines who will hold the office of county clerk, court clerk, assessor, etc. And since a higher proportion of rural Oklahomans are personally acquainted with those who are running, the county elections are important enough to them that they would rather keep their registration as it is, in effect forfeiting their right to vote for Republicans at the state and national levels in those same primaries.

Oh yeah, and those counties that didn't vote Barack over the other candidates are waaacist!

rock on sooner
3/8/2012, 11:17 AM
Here in Iowa, Independents outnumber both the Dems and Pubs. Does anyone know how it
stacks up in OK? Truth is, the Indies are going to make the big difference in November, IMO.

okie52
3/8/2012, 11:19 AM
Here in Iowa, Independents outnumber both the Dems and Pubs. Does anyone know how it
stacks up in OK? Truth is, the Indies are going to make the big difference in November, IMO.

Don't really know ROS. We certainly have a number of indies but maybe not as much as other places because they can't vote in primaries here.

Indies have been deciding elections for quite some time now (nationally).

rock on sooner
3/8/2012, 05:11 PM
Don't really know ROS. We certainly have a number of indies but maybe not as much as other places because they can't vote in primaries here.

Indies have been deciding elections for quite some time now (nationally).

Yeah, I know, but it has been some time since Congress and the Administration
have been looked on with such disgust....88.2% unfavorables for Congress and
half and half for the Prez. Dems will be Dems and so will the Pubs. Indies are
gonna be courted like never before!

soonercoop1
3/8/2012, 05:46 PM
When the delegates are seated at the National Democratic Convention and there's a few little naysayers shouting angst against Obama, you can blame Oklahoma :)

Link (http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/article.aspx?subjectid=688&articleid=20120307_688_0_Thesta701278)

15 counties in Oklahoma yesterday voted (by majority) for someone else --- 12 for the guy with the graphic abortion ads, 3 for the guy that runs for whatever office he can in this state.

http://www.tulsaworld.com/articleimages/2012/20120307_demoresultsmap333337777.jpg

The Democratic Party in this state is soooooooo horribly managed. It is no wonder that they are losing their once strong majorities and their own party's voters are not lockstepping to vote for AN INCUMBENT, SITTING PRESIDENT!!!!

This just simply amazes me. Each and every other state in the union has had unanimous (or at least, enough of a majority in each state so that all delegates go to Obama) except Oklahoma. State party leaders are apparently checking to see if there's any possible way to give all the delegates to Obama... there isn't. The abortion ad dude got more than 15 percent. Whoops.

Thoughts?

They were finally made irrelevant after 100 years of rule...

Ike
3/19/2012, 12:58 PM
Looks like Obama will get all the delegates anyway.

link (http://newsok.com/two-democratic-presidential-candidates-wont-get-oklahoma-delegates-to-national-convention/article/3658461?custom_click=pod_headline_politics)