PDA

View Full Version : 2 months nicotine free

Blue
3/6/2012, 10:57 PM
For the ex smokers...when do the cravings stop? I crave once or twice a day but all and all its pretty easy.

For those that want to quit. Go to piratebay.org and search easyway to stop smoking by Alan Carr.

SoonerorLater
3/6/2012, 11:33 PM
It's different with various people because in my experience we have different triggers and addictive personalities. In general once you hit the six month to one year mark and can make it through you trigger points a few times (mine was any time I drank any alcoholic beverage) you can shake the habit. I have not had a cigarette in six years and I rarely ever think about a cigarette. The further you go cravings become less frequent and less severe.

hawaii 5-0
3/7/2012, 12:17 AM
I'm 12 years out now and I still want one sometimes.

Sometimes I might go days/weeks without even thinking of a cigarette.

I'm not gonna allow my desire to overcome my will.

I'm an ex-smoker.

5-0

KantoSooner
3/7/2012, 09:25 AM
six years ex.
For me, about a year, although I still sometimes light up in dreams.
Just don't smoke that next one and you'll be fine.

SanJoaquinSooner
3/7/2012, 09:34 AM
18 years ex. Almost never think about it.

When I quit, I loved craving the nicotine and not giving in to it. It made me feel powerful.

Curly Bill
3/7/2012, 09:38 AM
Never started so never had to stop. Congrats to those of you who have kicked the habit.

StoopTroup
3/8/2012, 01:14 PM
Cigars really helped me kick the cigarettes. Only men smoke cigars. Ciggys are for sissy boys. :D ;)

jk the sooner fan
3/8/2012, 01:23 PM
i quit in 96 - have no desire to ever go back there again in spite of an occasional cigar

i think it took me a full year before the cravings fully went away - but the further away i was from the day i quit - the less often i had the cravings

hang in there - you'll be glad you did

8times - i hope this was positive enough!

badger
3/8/2012, 01:27 PM
For the ex smokers...when do the cravings stop? I crave once or twice a day but all and all its pretty easy.

For those that want to quit. Go to piratebay.org and search easyway to stop smoking by Alan Carr.

It's the wonderful season of Lent. As someone that gives up something every Lent (but I have never nor intend to ever be a smoker, so I've never given that up), prepare yourself to endure weeks to months of still having the emotional addiction, if not the physical one.

You will dream about what you have quit.

You will crave it endlessly, if for no reason than force of habit.

You will hate the fact that you are forcing yourself to not have it.

But it will all be worse if you give into your temptations, trust me.

For example, the years I give up drinking soda, I'm usually dreaming about it a few weeks in. Not like some crazy soda land fantasy, but just the simple act of drinking a soda. And I wake up and I was like, "Why did dream badger just do that?!" It's because your addiction just isn't that easy to give up, even when you're asleep. :(

Hang in there! It gets better!

picasso
3/8/2012, 03:00 PM
I'm going on 4 days without masturbating.

Baby steps.

StoopTroup
3/8/2012, 05:31 PM
I think someone who thinks they had a soda pop addiction might need to seek some therapy. LMAO

8timechamps
3/8/2012, 06:02 PM

Baby steps.

Internet go down?

badger
3/8/2012, 08:14 PM
I think someone who thinks they had a soda pop addiction might need to seek some therapy. LMAO

it was caffeinated. i think that made a big difference. it really is like an addictive drug. go ahead and go from two cans a day down to zero. you'll be getting headaches and fishing for vending machine quarters in no time

Blue
3/9/2012, 12:38 AM

Baby steps.

Dude. Now thats just crazy talk...;)

Blue
3/9/2012, 12:39 AM
9 weeks smoke free Sunday. The more I post it, the more accountable I am. The video really does help.

jk the sooner fan
3/9/2012, 07:43 AM
how aware or how quickly did you recognize the "hand to mouth" habit was just as hard as the nicotine dependence?

i was surprised how strong the muscle memory is with that...

Soonerjeepman
3/9/2012, 03:45 PM
CONGRATS! never smoked..dad did...hang in there!

SicEmBaylor
3/9/2012, 04:20 PM
There are few things in life more pleasurable than, at the end of a hard day, sitting on your porch watching those last few sun rays dip below the horizon. The pace and grind of the day start to slow down.

You reach over to your tabletop humidor and pull out a perfectly humidified Hoya de Monterrey. You admire the feel of the slightly oily wrapper as you lightly squeeze it between your thumb and forefinger ensuring it has just the right amount of give and springiness. Your mind wonders as you can't help but think of all of the time, energy, and effort it took to produce the three different types of tobacco that make up the cigar...how they were all harvested and came together at one factory to be rolled and blended together by hand and by experts who has spent decades learning and honing their craft. How each individual cigar was individually banded, wrapped, and gently placed in its box to be shipped to your doorstep.

You always want to savor that moment when the blade of your cutter decisively clips the cap, and as you bring the cigar up to your lips you take one last breath before bringing the bright glow of the flame to the foot of the cigar. You make a quarter turn of the cigar between your fore finger and thumb in order to evenly light the cigar being very careful never to allow the flame to touch the foot directly.

That first puff of the cigars is always the sweetest because with it comes the anticipation of enjoying the cigar all the way to the nub. Like meeting someone, first impressions are everything. A cigar may change over time, just like a friendship, but that very first puff is going to give you a good idea of what you're in for. Each wonderful puff races across your pallate and you enjoy the personal game of trying to detect and pin points all of the rich flavors and notes that the cigar has to offer. Each puff is a new experience to be enjoyed on its own terms.

As you reach the nub, you realize that all is truly right with the world. This is anything but true, but at least for the short time you're enjoying your cigar it is true and you feel a very rare sense of contentment...in that moment, all is truly right with the world.

Quit smoking? My dear, I am getting started!

Pricetag
3/9/2012, 04:57 PM
A hard day of what?

jk the sooner fan
3/9/2012, 05:15 PM
A hard day of what?

arguing politics on the internets!!!!!!

badger
3/9/2012, 05:26 PM
Quit smoking? My dear, I am getting started!

An older coworker once said that I should start smoking because it's fun.

He had an interesting sense of humor, yes.

Other than him, I can't think of any smoker that wouldn't slap you upside the face if they heard of someone starting to smoke... mostly because they've all tried to quit so many times.

olevetonahill
3/9/2012, 05:33 PM
I was Addicted to the Punanny once upon a time .
But then I got old and **** :single_eye:

jk the sooner fan
3/9/2012, 06:14 PM
you can go broke addicted to meth or crack

or you can go broke addicted to punany

olevetonahill
3/9/2012, 06:47 PM
Ive made a Lot of money in my Life. Spent most of it On the Wimmens and the Booze . The rest I just wasted

SanJoaquinSooner
3/10/2012, 09:13 AM
I was Addicted to the Punanny once upon a time .
But then I got old and **** :single_eye:

why does SF censor "l i m p" ?