PDA

View Full Version : Peyton, Colts to part ways.....

Salt City Sooner
3/6/2012, 06:32 PM
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/7653897/sources-indianapolis-colts-part-peyton-manning-wednesday

oudavid1
3/6/2012, 06:34 PM
COME BACK TO TENNESSEE AND PLAY FOR THE TITANS. WHY AM I YELLING?

goingoneight
3/6/2012, 07:01 PM
I hear Denver needs a quarterback to compliment that big fullback they've got there.

OU_Sooners75
3/6/2012, 07:15 PM
That is a big mistake by Indy!

swardboy
3/6/2012, 07:44 PM
Nashville....what a homecoming that would be! Never thought about that. Only thing that could top it would be to return to Knoxville and QB the local arena football team (if they have one).

Breadburner
3/6/2012, 08:03 PM
Dumb.....!!!!

OhU1
3/6/2012, 08:08 PM
Not a surprise, it's the right move the Colts long-term with Andrew Luck. Peyton may have a few years left, but that is kind of iffy. I thought Manning was a shoo in to pass Farve in yards and TDs but now I'd say it is 33% that he will.

Blue
3/6/2012, 08:13 PM
Dolphins...Titans...cardinals...or cough cough the Cowboys.

dwarthog
3/6/2012, 08:37 PM

Time will tell.

Who was that quarterback for the Packers before Aaron Rodgers again?;)

hawaii 5-0
3/6/2012, 08:40 PM
I think the Colts could save a lotta money by losing Peyton now and getting Luck.

Manning would probably make a ton of money while still riding the pine.

Maybe if no one picks up Manning the Colts will get him back for a song and he can mentor Luck.

5-0

8timechamps
3/6/2012, 08:46 PM
I think the Colts could save a lotta money by losing Peyton now and getting Luck.

Manning would probably make a ton of money while still riding the pine.

Maybe if no one picks up Manning the Colts will get him back for a song and he can mentor Luck.

5-0

I think that's the driving force behind today's decision. We'll see how it pays off, could be a big mistake or the right move for the long haul.

I'm sure there are plenty of teams out there that would love to bring Peyton on. I wish/hope the Broncos would be first on the list.

85sooners
3/6/2012, 08:57 PM
Time will tell.

Who was that quarterback for the Packers before Aaron Rodgers again?;)yeah but favre showed Rodgers the ropes for years,luck will be thrown to the wolves

tulsaoilerfan
3/6/2012, 09:20 PM
Purely a financial move; did anyone really think they were going to pay that 28 million roster bonus due this week?

EatLeadCommie
3/6/2012, 09:36 PM
Peyton is about one hit away from being in a wheelchair for the rest of his life. Understandable move by the Colts.

badger
3/6/2012, 10:13 PM
They hit the reset button on the Nintendo.

Unlucky for them, they didn't realize that Super Mario doesn't retain high scores after the reset button is hit.

Have fun in loserville :P

nighttrain12
3/6/2012, 11:14 PM

He's not worth 28 million. I think they can still re-sign him for less money though he likely will look elsewhere.

nighttrain12
3/6/2012, 11:17 PM
yeah but favre showed Rodgers the ropes for years,luck will be thrown to the wolves

I always heard that Favre didn't give Rodgers much help or advice though they were both on the roster for quite a few years.

As long as Luck (or Griffin) has a good offensive coordinator, he'll be fine.

sooneron
3/7/2012, 12:05 AM
^ This, Favre is known to be a selfish prick that did not share much of his knowledge. However limited it may be...

SCOUT
3/7/2012, 12:12 AM
Sharing innate talent is tough. Favre wasn't exactly a cerebral QB.

badger
3/7/2012, 08:55 AM
I always heard that Favre didn't give Rodgers much help or advice though they were both on the roster for quite a few years.

He didn't and he publicly stated that before and after, that it wasn't his job to mentor a new quarterback. Rodgers seemed cool with that too. I mean, everyone loves him now, and he's got the same number of Super Bowl rings that Favre does, right? :D

stoops the eternal pimp
3/7/2012, 09:25 AM
Purely a financial move; did anyone really think they were going to pay that 28 million roster bonus due this week?

This..I've lost the number, but if they would have kept him, they would have tons of money paying both guys playing 1 position..Would have been a dumb move to keep both...

sooneredaco
3/7/2012, 09:29 AM
Hey Jerry step your game up and bring in Peyton

Curly Bill
3/7/2012, 09:47 AM

I never thought there was even a 1% chance of it.

...and they would have been totally stupid to bring him back.

OULenexaman
3/7/2012, 10:58 AM
He will end up in KC....Montana was 37 when he came with the blown elbow. Peyton is only 35.

badger
3/7/2012, 11:44 AM
He will end up in KC....Montana was 37 when he came with the blown elbow. Peyton is only 35.

Didn't they give up a ton to get Brady's ex-backup, though?

I am thinking that Rocky Top is exploding with excitement at the thought of Peyton "coming home" and saving the Titans... and those dudes only have Jake Locker, so they might be a better destination.

StoopTroup
3/7/2012, 12:02 PM
There are plenty of Teams calling Manning right now. One of them.....the Jets.

This is purely a money deal. I'm not sure the Colts would have kept him even if he'd won the last 4 Super Bowls for them. For the Colts to have kept Peyton....they would have had to put good business sense behind loyalty, freindship and morality. That's not how business in America is done anymore.

Lets see....payout 28 million on Friday and then try and land a 1st round QB and pay him the Max Salary for a rookie so you can put him on the bench and have Peyton train him to take his place.

Peyton is so gone. Looking back at Peyton's Center, Jeff Saturday, was at the Combines saying that Peyton will be ready to play. He loves the Colts and will come back there. He really thought a deal would be done.

Not only did the Jeff Saturday lose his job (He's a 2012 Free Agent) but Peyton lost his job. Anyone picking up Peyton would be smart to pick up the guy who has protected him and snapped the ball to Peyton the last 12 years.

I'm sitting here watching Jim Irsay (Owner of the Colts) sit there in front of Manning say he can't pay Peyton but is going to retire the Number 18 for the Colts. What a shame. Irsay says this isn't about money? What else would hold it up if Payton is going to continue to play football?

OULenexaman
3/7/2012, 12:03 PM
Right now the Dolphins and Chiefs look like the most likely landing spot......and both have plenty to spend. Vegas has a future on the board....last week KC was 40 to 1...currently 4 to 1.

StoopTroup
3/7/2012, 12:06 PM
Now Irsay is crying.

Somebody wouldn't cough up the dough.

StoopTroup
3/7/2012, 12:09 PM
Peyton is crying now....

This is just sad....

kbsooner21
3/7/2012, 12:16 PM
It is a business. Gotta make business decisions.

StoopTroup
3/7/2012, 12:21 PM
Irsay should sell his Team. This is why Free Agency is bad for the game. The NFL sucks. You have a healthy QB with a great outlook for next year and you let him go? Because of money? If I was a Colt's Fan....I wouldn't renew my Season Tickets.

Business decisions are fine but when they end up like this one did....it's bad for NFL Football. It's one of the things I hate about it. Seeing Emmitt Smith leave the Cowboys. Farve leave GB, Montana leave the Niners.....the list of these things is long now. It's just not the game that I grew up loving anymore. It's also why I caution all these folks that think dumping the Bowl Season for a Playoff in College Football will not lead to anything good. Changing the College Game will end the love of the game for me just like Free Agency has hurt the NFL.

Look at the guys in those OU Videos when they comeback when they are older and talk about all the things they went through as a Sooner and then after they moved on. Those videos show what's so important in this game. The comradery, The friendships, The bonding....the love they feel from so many of the Fans when they come back and walk onto the field again. Those things are what made the old NFL and the College Game so great. You gave your all and the Team and the Fans gave their all back. Now...it's just about money. Pretty Sad.

OULenexaman
3/7/2012, 12:32 PM
SHO ME DA MONEY!!!!!!!!!!!

StoopTroup
3/7/2012, 12:48 PM
SHO ME DA MONEY!!!!!!!!!!!

How much did you get?

deweydw
3/7/2012, 12:52 PM
One team that has not been metioned is the Houston Texans. They have the whole package, defense and offense. Just need a good QB. But as Houston teams go, they won't pay the money.

badger
3/7/2012, 12:56 PM
Seeing Emmitt Smith leave the Cowboys.

He was clearly past his prime and at least Jerry signed him to a short deal to let him retire at a Cowboy.

Farve leave GB

It was selfish for Favre to not retire and he demanded too much of the Packers and kept leading them on. The right decision was made at the time and is not disputed in retrospect.

Montana leave the Niners

Before I really started following the rest of the NFL outside Green Bay, but he did have a few good years in KC, right?

It is kind of sad to see everyone crying and stuff in a press conference, but it's not just a business, it's also a game. And it's a dangerous game. We're talking about a neck injury here! Maybe Peyton should retire.

StoopTroup
3/7/2012, 12:57 PM
HEH!

Cardinals defense tackle Darnell Dockett (http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/_/id/5589/darnell-dockett) tweeted "Peyton to AZ!!!!!" on Tuesday night and then expounded on his hopes his team would sign Manning in an interview with the NFL Network.
"I don't have anything against our quarterback (Kevin Kolb (http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/_/id/10480/kevin-kolb)) we have now," Dockett said. "I feel confident in him. Who wouldn't want to play with Peyton Manning?
"We are a team that is a few pieces away from getting back to the big game. We got a perfect fit for him in Arizona. He can get his number and I'll get him parking passes, free doughnuts on Saturdays. I'll make sure my guys clean his cleats up real well. I'll give him all my connections, even my barber."

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/7656028/indianapolis-colts-peyton-manning-part-ways-14-seasons

StoopTroup
3/7/2012, 01:00 PM
He was clearly past his prime and at least Jerry signed him to a short deal to let him retire at a Cowboy.

It was selfish for Favre to not retire and he demanded too much of the Packers and kept leading them on. The right decision was made at the time and is not disputed in retrospect.

Before I really started following the rest of the NFL outside Green Bay, but he did have a few good years in KC, right?

It is kind of sad to see everyone crying and stuff in a press conference, but it's not just a business, it's also a game. And it's a dangerous game. We're talking about a neck injury here! Maybe Peyton should retire.

You can tear each of those down anyway you want but seeing Dan Marino retire from the Dolphins without a Super Bowl was still better for the NFL than these other Frachise Players being sold to the highest bidder. Fans have always wanted to see their heroes retire where they played. It's always the best thing unless the player is at odds with the Team and usually when that happens....fans don't care anyway.

Also after 5 days of Peyton throwing....everyone of his Team mates told him he should continue to play if that's what he wanted to do. Who better to protect you than those guys? IMO Peyton should retire if he has to leave Indy....however....if Irsay really loves the guy....he'll figure out a way to pay peyton the 28 Million for what he's done for The Colts should he retire as that way...they won't be facing Peyton on the field ever.

I mean.....it's not about money right?

badger
3/7/2012, 01:01 PM
I like to see free agent enthusiasm. Makes the offseason shorter :D

StoopTroup
3/7/2012, 01:06 PM
I like to see free agent enthusiasm. Makes the offseason shorter :D

It's not like we have any choice. It is why I think another brand of Football would be possible in small markets.

olevetonahill
3/7/2012, 01:53 PM
I freely admit I dont know Jack **** about Pro Ball, Hell Im just now figuring out what the Franchise Tag is

But gots a question

The Colts have made Peyton a Free agent right? that means hes free to negotiate with other teams. Why dont the Colts try to sign him as a Free Agent ?

OULenexaman
3/7/2012, 01:56 PM
because he ain't signing to play 2nd fiddle.....

olevetonahill
3/7/2012, 02:01 PM
because he ain't signing to play 2nd fiddle.....

Not My question Bro

They just dont want to pay the 28Mil. then his salary on top right?

So sign him as a Free agent and let him Guide Luck fer a few years

Hell Fer all I know they may be a Rule er 6 against it .

badger
3/7/2012, 02:31 PM
I mean.....it's not about money right?

I think it's about a different type of money. Irsay could personally cut Peyton a $28 million "thank you for everything" check, but in the NFL's case, there's a salary cap to worry about and if the Indy Colts are truly rebuilding now, they need every last penny to go after some of these top free agents, not to mention be a player in the upcoming draft (even with rookie scales, trades can involve big $ players).

The Colts are still getting salary cap smashed by releasing Peyton, but not to the extent that it would have been had they kept him on the roster. There's no getting around the fact that he's still a big chunk of their payroll, and that doesn't help them rebuild, especially if he's playing for another team. Hmmmm

rainiersooner
3/7/2012, 02:36 PM
My seachickens could use a new QB.

badger
3/7/2012, 02:45 PM

You might get Peyton's neck, but I've heard that the Rammies aren't interested in sending RG3 to a division rival.

deweydw
3/7/2012, 03:50 PM
This is what I'm talking about.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ms-peyton_manning_colts_ranking_new_teams_030612

Here’s the Dirty Dozen:

1. Houston Texans: I know there was a report a few weeks ago from the Houston Chronicle’s highly reliable John McClain that Manning to the Texans is “not going to happen.” But it should, and I believe the franchise’s powerbrokers (owner Bob McNair, general manager Rick Smith and head coach Gary Kubiak) are smart enough to give the idea strong consideration. The Texans have everything Manning could possibly want: A terrific defense; a premier running back (Arian Foster); an elite receiver (Andre Johnson) and other dangerous targets; an exceptional offensive line; a fabulous stadium with a roof; and a seemingly weak division that, oh yeah, happens to include the Colts. This team is a Super Bowl contender with Matt Schaub under center; if Manning is healthy and able to regain his throwing touch, I think the Texans are Super Bowl favorites. Schaub, while accomplished, has been injury-prone and has struggled against top-notch competition. He turns 31 in June and has missed five or more games in three of his five seasons as the Texans’ starter, along with failing to finish several other starts (Sage Rosenfels closed out four games in 2007). Houston could free up approximately $7 million of cap space by cutting Schaub, which would give the franchise a nice start toward making a deal with Manning work financially for both sides. Granted, this would be a risk, but, worst-case scenario, Smith and Kubiak are high on T.J. Yates, who filled in as a rookie for the injured Schaub and led Houston to its first-ever playoff victory in January. If the Texans take the leap of faith, Manning should jump at the opportunity.

But my favorite is this...

12. Buffalo Bills: LOL.

stoops the eternal pimp
3/7/2012, 03:55 PM

You don't know how likely this is..Basically Seattle is willing to TIITB to get him..

kbsooner21
3/7/2012, 04:17 PM
I freely admit I dont know Jack **** about Pro Ball, Hell Im just now figuring out what the Franchise Tag is

But gots a question

The Colts have made Peyton a Free agent right? that means hes free to negotiate with other teams. Why dont the Colts try to sign him as a Free Agent ?

They could, but I think if a team doesn't want to pay me 28 mill for all the Billions I've made them over the last 10-15 years, I'm looking elsewhere myself.

olevetonahill
3/7/2012, 05:13 PM
They could, but I think if a team doesn't want to pay me 28 mill for all the Billions I've made them over the last 10-15 years, I'm looking elsewhere myself.
Thanks, Thats what I were axin .

But If Peyton is gonna get all Snot faced over leaving , and the Colts Offered him as much as any other team then He could still stay right ?

badger
3/7/2012, 05:26 PM
Thanks, Thats what I were axin .

But If Peyton is gonna get all Snot faced over leaving , and the Colts Offered him as much as any other team then He could still stay right ?

I don't think the Colts want him back at any price.

They are cleaning house and that includes the franchise quarterback.

8timechamps
3/7/2012, 06:18 PM
I don't think the Colts want him back at any price.

They are cleaning house and that includes the franchise quarterback.

I think this is right.

The Colts really are cleaning house, and have to clear up cap room to sign their draft picks. Given the circumstances, it was a perfect time to let Peyton go. He (Manning) said in his press conference that is wasn't about money, and I think that's true. It's just one of those rare times when a great player leaves because it works out best for all involved.

With that said, there is a lot of talk here that Pat Bowlen (Broncos owner) is willing to do what it takes to get Peyton to Denver. I've got my fingers crossed.

Eielson
3/7/2012, 10:44 PM
You don't know how likely this is..Basically Seattle is willing to TIITB to get him..

I heard from a draft expert once that Tarvaris is a stud. Why would they want anybody else? :P

bluedogok
3/8/2012, 12:39 AM
Irsay should sell his Team. This is why Free Agency is bad for the game. The NFL sucks. You have a healthy QB with a great outlook for next year and you let him go? Because of money? If I was a Colt's Fan....I wouldn't renew my Season Tickets.

Business decisions are fine but when they end up like this one did....it's bad for NFL Football. It's one of the things I hate about it. Seeing Emmitt Smith leave the Cowboys. Farve leave GB, Montana leave the Niners.....the list of these things is long now. It's just not the game that I grew up loving anymore. It's also why I caution all these folks that think dumping the Bowl Season for a Playoff in College Football will not lead to anything good. Changing the College Game will end the love of the game for me just like Free Agency has hurt the NFL.
Players leaving their long time team (whether at the direction of ownership or on their own) and finishing their career somewhere else isn't all that new, the (Baltimore) Colts went through it with Unitas (finished with the Chargers) and Namath finished with the (LA) Rams.

East Coast Bias
3/8/2012, 09:11 AM
If I were Peyton I would want to go to a team with good receivers and a monster for left tackle......

Aries
3/8/2012, 10:06 AM
One of the differences between better and worse teams is recognizing when to turn loose of aging star players. I think that's what the Colts are doing, time will tell whether it was a good decision or not. Yes, sometimes teams will cut a player then re-sign him to a new "free agent" contract to avoid a huge bonus or salary escalation in the later years of a contract, but it seems Peyton would rather explore the market, and the Colts would rather go another direction with the number 1 pick.

I'm inclined to agree with someone who earlier said, I miss the days when a player would remain with the same team through out his career. But had the NFL not accepted free agency when they did, the courts were going to mandate it anyway. Oh, well. </shrug>

badger
3/8/2012, 10:18 AM
With that said, there is a lot of talk here that Pat Bowlen (Broncos owner) is willing to do what it takes to get Peyton to Denver. I've got my fingers crossed.

I think that the Broncos can afford to have Tebow and Peyton on the same roster also, because I've read that Tebow's contract is about $10 mil for five years if he doesn't get incentives (playoffs, playing time, NFL honors, etc) or $30 mil if he does. Thus, if Peyton's out there playing full-time (and he will be if his neck holds up), there's no reason to think that Tebow wouldn't get anything above the low-end of the deal.

Rocky Top fans will love this, won't they? Don't they loathe Florida? :D

rekamrettuB
3/8/2012, 10:35 AM
yeah but favre showed Rodgers the ropes for years,luck will be thrown to the wolves

Manning was thrown to the wolves and it worked out pretty good. Now if you look at who is more succesful on average, it's proabably the QBs that "learned from" or just matured on their own riding the pine.

opksooner
3/8/2012, 11:45 AM
Peyton is about one hit away from being in a wheelchair for the rest of his life. Understandable move by the Colts.

Which is why I think it's dumb for KC to chase after/sign him. Maybe a couple good years and then.........poof. In the mean time, they'd be better off developing a young QB......or signing Sam Bradford. ;-) (I know, I know)

8timechamps
3/8/2012, 05:52 PM
I think that the Broncos can afford to have Tebow and Peyton on the same roster also, because I've read that Tebow's contract is about $10 mil for five years if he doesn't get incentives (playoffs, playing time, NFL honors, etc) or $30 mil if he does. Thus, if Peyton's out there playing full-time (and he will be if his neck holds up), there's no reason to think that Tebow wouldn't get anything above the low-end of the deal.

Rocky Top fans will love this, won't they? Don't they loathe Florida? :D

I hadn't thought about the Tennessee/Florida connection, but that's true.

There's room under the cap for the Broncos to get him, and I think Bowlen/Elway would make room (if they need it). The thought is that Peyton could come in and play immediately, and Tim could learn under him. Even if Tebow never develops into an all-pro passer, it wouldn't cost the Broncos much to keep him on the roster....or, look to trade him to Jacksonville (which is about the only team out there that would be open to taking him).

badger
3/9/2012, 11:41 AM
I hadn't thought about the Tennessee/Florida connection, but that's true.

There's room under the cap for the Broncos to get him, and I think Bowlen/Elway would make room (if they need it). The thought is that Peyton could come in and play immediately, and Tim could learn under him. Even if Tebow never develops into an all-pro passer, it wouldn't cost the Broncos much to keep him on the roster....or, look to trade him to Jacksonville (which is about the only team out there that would be open to taking him).

They could also try to do what OU does --- have a Belldozer package for short yardage situations near the goal line.

But somehow, I don't think Peyton would like being taken outta the game when there's a touchdown to be scored.

8timechamps
3/9/2012, 05:47 PM
Manning was flown into Denver today, and the word is that he'll be here for 48 hours. So, there's definitely interest on both sides. There's cap room this year and next (so it's not out of the question that Fox/Elway could bring the Manning/Wayne package deal in).

If, by chance, Manning ends up here (in Denver), it'll be very entertaining hearing anyone try to sell Tebow over Manning (and trust me, there are plenty of Bronco morons that will do just that).

There is also a connection I had forgotten about here with Manning. Todd Helton. Helton was replaced as Tennessee's QB by Manning, and apparently they've stayed close over the years.

StoopTroup
3/11/2012, 05:53 AM
The Broncos are Dreaming.

StoopTroup
3/11/2012, 08:58 AM
Some Peyton / Bradford Trivia. :D

On December 26, Bradford surpassed Peyton Manning's record for most completed passes by an NFL rookie quarterback (326). Bradford finished the season with 354 completions out of 590 attempts, surpassing Manning's record of 575 for most attempts by an NFL rookie quarterback. Bradford became just the third rookie quarterback to start all 16 regular season games and pass over 3000 passing yards, joining Peyton Manning and Matt Ryan.

East Coast Bias
3/11/2012, 10:15 AM
I think Denver is the best place for Manning. They have a good defense, made the playoffs without a marquis QB and would be an immediate contender for all the marbles. I like Badgers suggestion as well that they could use Tebow as a wildcat runner or pro version of the Bell-Dozer. The other stops on the Manning tour, not as impressive in my mind...

StoopTroup
3/11/2012, 10:32 AM
Manning wouldn't be able to turn the Colts into a Super Bowl contender next season and I have an even harder time believing that if he went to Denver and participated in the Tebow Revival that even if he could completely grasp the entire Bronco Playbook between now and Pre-Season, there isn't anyway the pressure of the changes involved and the hits he'd surely take next year would lead to a healthy Peyton Manning hoisting the AFC Championship Trophy neverless the Lombardi Trophy in New Orleans.

I just see that as a very hard to believe scenario. Now...I could see Tebow maybe getting the Broncos to the Playoffs and Peyton stepping in if it got rough for Timmeh and maybe pulling off an NFL Miracle.

8timechamps
3/11/2012, 03:37 PM
Manning wouldn't be able to turn the Colts into a Super Bowl contender next season and I have an even harder time believing that if he went to Denver and participated in the Tebow Revival that even if he could completely grasp the entire Bronco Playbook between now and Pre-Season, there isn't anyway the pressure of the changes involved and the hits he'd surely take next year would lead to a healthy Peyton Manning hoisting the AFC Championship Trophy neverless the Lombardi Trophy in New Orleans.

I just see that as a very hard to believe scenario. Now...I could see Tebow maybe getting the Broncos to the Playoffs and Peyton stepping in if it got rough for Timmeh and maybe pulling off an NFL Miracle.

First and foremost, Manning wouldn't have visited the Broncos if he didn't have some kind of interest. Secondly, don't think of it as Manning learning the Broncos offensive system, it would be more like the Broncos adjusting to what Manning does best.

Denver has a top 5 offensive line, a workhorse at RB, and young, talented receivers. The Broncos also have a top 10 defense, which really means nothing to Manning, but just another component to ponder. Plus, they have the the ability to be selective in this years draft, and add to the talent.

IF (and it's still a big if), Manning comes to Denver, there will be no sitting and watching Tebow play...it'll be Mannings team, and Tebow can learn, change positions, or move on. Manning isn't going to play second fiddle to anyone on the Broncos roster.

The Broncos were abot to get to the playoffs and win the first round with Tebow at QB. As much as I like Tebow, I'm smart enough to know he played poorly 95% of every game (minus one or two outings). The reason the Broncos made it to the playoffs wasn't because of Tebow, it's because the Broncos have aa very good defense and a solid offensive line. It's almost a perfect situation for Manning to step in and take over.

If you can't see Manning stepping into Denver and making a Super Bowl run in the next 2 to 3 years, then you just haven't watched the Broncos play much.

BoulderSooner79
3/11/2012, 04:04 PM
First and foremost, Manning wouldn't have visited the Broncos if he didn't have some kind of interest. Secondly, don't think of it as Manning learning the Broncos offensive system, it would be more like the Broncos adjusting to what Manning does best.

^This. Whoever commits to Manning will commit all the way. The offense will become what Manning runs and I would guess a few more ex-Colts may come along too (Dallas Clark?). The Tebow run was entertaining last year, but Denver only made the playoffs because the rest of the AFC west was either bad or choked big time. Winning tight games in the 4th qtr against average/weak competition will not get deep into the playoffs.

I don't see any of the teams Manning is talking to becoming instant SB caliber, so it has to be 2-3 year plan. Broncos appear to be as good a fit as any. I could also see this not happening at all and Manning choosing to retire if he doesn't see a situation with legitimate SB potential. Obviously, his neck issue could torpedo any plans too.

8timechamps
3/11/2012, 04:10 PM
^This. Whoever commits to Manning will commit all the way. The offense will become what Manning runs and I would guess a few more ex-Colts may come along too (Dallas Clark?). The Tebow run was entertaining last year, but Denver only made the playoffs because the rest of the AFC west was either bad or choked big time. Winning tight games in the 4th qtr against average/weak competition will not get deep into the playoffs.

I don't see any of the teams Manning is talking to becoming instant SB caliber, so it has to be 2-3 year plan. Broncos appear to be as good a fit as any. I could also see this not happening at all and Manning choosing to retire if he doesn't see a situation with legitimate SB potential. Obviously, his neck issue could torpedo any plans too.

There's already talk of adding Reggie Wayne to the roster if Manning comes to Denver (and it wouldn't surprise me if they added Clark as well). I'm thinking if the Broncos do land Manning, he will essentially become the de facto offensive coordinator.

StoopTroup
3/11/2012, 04:43 PM
I watched plenty of Broncis Football last year and Tebow was inspirational in getting the Team as far as they did. Without Timmeh they sucked as bad as any Team in the AFC West.

No Tebow...no playoffs this year. Manning won't last 16 Games unless he's backing up Tebow.

I just don't have my head buried in a wild horses a$$.

A 9-7 Giants just won the Super Bowl. The NFL's 16 game schedule is brutal. Guys with Peyton's Injury won't last 16 Games. Eli led the Giants late in the Season and they all came on strong with him at the helm.

If the Broncos do land Peyton they will need him and Tebow to get them there.

8timechamps
3/11/2012, 04:47 PM
I watched plenty of Broncis Football last year and Tebow was inspirational in getting the Team as far as they did. Without Timmeh they sucked as bad as any Team in the AFC West.

No Tebow...no playoffs this year. Manning won't last 16 Games unless he's backing up Tebow.

I see, so Tebow was the only reason the Broncos made it to the playoffs. Gotcha.

StoopTroup
3/11/2012, 04:59 PM
I see, so Tebow was the only reason the Broncos made it to the playoffs. Gotcha.

Nope but without him they wouldn't have made it. Even Elway knew something special was happening.

Also...Peyton has moved on to talks with the AZ Cards and will soon take a nice vacation (more than likely permanent vacation) in Miami.
http://m.nfl.com/news/09000d5d82783c19/manning-meeting-with-cards-visit-with-dolphins-could-be-next/

BoulderSooner79
3/11/2012, 06:11 PM

A 9-7 Giants just won the Super Bowl. The NFL's 16 game schedule is brutal. Guys with Peyton's Injury won't last 16 Games. Eli led the Giants late in the Season and they all came on strong with him at the helm.

If the Broncos do land Peyton they will need him and Tebow to get them there.

Can we bump this quote next year if the Broncos sign Manning? ;) I enjoyed the Broncos/Tebow streak as much as anyone last year - it was pure entertainment. But I could also see it's not leading to anything bigger and Elway certainly knows that. The Broncos fans were delighted because they had such low expectations, but we all know how quickly they will raise the bar.

8timechamps
3/11/2012, 06:33 PM
The Local news there is about an 80% chance that Manning will sign with the Broncos this week.

8timechamps
3/11/2012, 06:34 PM
Nope but without him they wouldn't have made it. Even Elway knew something special was happening.

Also...Peyton has moved on to talks with the AZ Cards and will soon take a nice vacation (more than likely permanent vacation) in Miami.
http://m.nfl.com/news/09000d5d82783c19/manning-meeting-with-cards-visit-with-dolphins-could-be-next/

We'll just have to agree to disagree. The only thing Elway knew what there would have been a fan revolt if he didn't have Fox start Tebow.

Oh, and it'll be hard for Miami to be his permanent vacation spot, as the Dolphins are now out of the running.

BoulderSooner79
3/11/2012, 07:58 PM
The Local news there is about an 80% chance that Manning will sign with the Broncos this week.

I think the local news in Phoenix is about 80% sure Manning will be a Cardinal :) Is there a line in Vegas on this?

olevetonahill
3/11/2012, 08:04 PM
Broncos Talkin a TeaBlow trade if they get Peyton

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/report-broncos-sign-manning-tebow-could-gone-171902080.html

8timechamps
3/11/2012, 09:11 PM
I think the local news in Phoenix is about 80% sure Manning will be a Cardinal :) Is there a line in Vegas on this?

Should have worded that better. The local news says the word out of Dove Valley (Bronco HQ) is that there's an 80% chance Broncos sign Manning. (I know it's still all conjecture)

8timechamps
3/11/2012, 09:12 PM
Broncos Talkin a TeaBlow trade if they get Peyton

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/report-broncos-sign-manning-tebow-could-gone-171902080.html

Wouldn't be too surprising if they did. However, outside of Jacksonville, I don't think anyone would want him taking up a roster spot as a QB.

BoulderSooner79
3/12/2012, 12:48 AM

Should have worded that better. The local news says the word out of Dove Valley (Bronco HQ) is that there's an 80% chance Broncos sign Manning. (I know it's still all conjecture)

I was just pullin' your leg. But we need Blevins as a consultant on these complicated odds scenarios.

8timechamps
3/12/2012, 03:58 PM
I was just pullin' your leg. But we need Blevins as a consultant on these complicated odds scenarios.

I did realize that much :playful: .

Per Blevins, the Broncos have a 80/50 chance of landing Manning.

rock on sooner
3/12/2012, 04:14 PM
Lived in Denver then Ft Collins for almost 14 years...Saw Elway break in with the Broncs (line up behind the guard for his
first snap) followed the Broncs and Elway all the way through his career. Elway knows, I think, what it'll take to sign
Manning and get him any help he asks for...yeah, minimum two years and Broncs rule the AFC and more than a decent
shot at all the marbles...would be fun to see/hear Rocky Mountain thunder, although Coors Field doesn't rumble like the
old Mile High did!

badger
3/12/2012, 04:22 PM
Any of you Denver or Florida types hear that Tebow is kind of pouting and being unusually standoffish after the Broncos became finalists in the Peyton sweepstakes?

He apparently is in Florida doing wounded vet awareness work and canceled all media interviews, probably on the basis that nobody would be asking him about wounded vets and how to become more aware of wounded vet ailments.

However, it isn't stopping the media from talking about him, apparently.

link (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/03/12/tim-tebow-plays-football-_n_1339059.html)

8timechamps
3/12/2012, 04:52 PM
Any of you Denver or Florida types hear that Tebow is kind of pouting and being unusually standoffish after the Broncos became finalists in the Peyton sweepstakes?

He apparently is in Florida doing wounded vet awareness work and canceled all media interviews, probably on the basis that nobody would be asking him about wounded vets and how to become more aware of wounded vet ailments.

link (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/03/12/tim-tebow-plays-football-_n_1339059.html)

He's rattled big time. This could blow up on the Broncos. If Manning ends up going somewhere else, Tebow is going to have to be talked down from the ledge. He's not talking to any media (which is probably a good idea).

8timechamps
3/12/2012, 04:53 PM
Lived in Denver then Ft Collins for almost 14 years...Saw Elway break in with the Broncs (line up behind the guard for his
first snap) followed the Broncs and Elway all the way through his career. Elway knows, I think, what it'll take to sign
Manning and get him any help he asks for...yeah, minimum two years and Broncs rule the AFC and more than a decent
shot at all the marbles...would be fun to see/hear Rocky Mountain thunder, although Coors Field doesn't rumble like the
old Mile High did!

I think you mean Sports Authority doesn't rumble like the old Mile High (Coors field can get pretty crazy though). And it doesn't. However, at least you don't feel like the stadium is going to collapse at any second.

StoopTroup
3/13/2012, 12:58 AM

I don't think I'd blame him. He's the kind of guy that's always seemed to try to keep things positive and avoid hurting people by saying something in an interview.

Tebow doesn't get the same treatment but neither did Jesus. I think Tim understands there's little he can do about Elway and the Broncos making a bad business decision. If they want Peyton they can make any deal they want whether Timmeh likes it or not.

I think Denver will need Timmeh if they do sign and play Peyton. I don't think Peytonis ready. If Peyton was fine, the Colts would have kept him and waited 1or 2 drafts for a QB. 28 million is a whole lot less than 40 Million and trades for an untested rookie QB.

I like this too...

"I want Manning," Titans owner Bud Adams told The Tennessean on Sunday. "I'd love to see him in Titan blue after watching him so many years with the Colts. ... I want him. I am ready to do what it takes to get him aboard, and I think he'd be the guy to get us into the playoffs."

85sooners
3/13/2012, 09:22 AM
I heard the Denver fans saying tebow could beat out manning for the job anyway

bluedogok
3/14/2012, 10:54 PM
Only the morons.....

olevetonahill
3/14/2012, 10:56 PM

Only the morons.....

Agreed.

stoops the eternal pimp
3/15/2012, 09:40 AM
Down to Denver and Tennessee..God I hope he doesn't go to Denver.

MamaMia
3/15/2012, 10:03 AM
Which teams on his list have domes? I'm just guessing but I think he will choose a team with a domed stadium, since thats what hes use to.

stoops the eternal pimp
3/15/2012, 10:31 AM
Neither since he has narrowed it down to those 2.

olevetonahill
3/15/2012, 10:42 AM

Why not Denver? I dont really care but the Tebow meltdown would be hilarious

BoulderSooner79
3/15/2012, 10:46 AM

So much for the mutual admiration society between Manning and the Colts displayed at the release presser. I'll bet Colts fans will be real happy get beat by Manning twice per season if he ends up a Titan.

StoopTroup
3/15/2012, 10:48 AM
I think he goes to the Titans as he gets a chance to play the Colts twice every year since he'd be in the AFC South plus he played at Tennessee so I think he's going to stay in a place that has appreciated him his entire life.

Sorry Mule Fans but you better trade Tebow and come up with a buttload of cash if you are going to land Manning.

stoops the eternal pimp
3/15/2012, 12:00 PM
Why not Denver? I dont really care but the Tebow meltdown would be hilarious

Because I'm a Raiders fan and I don't want to play him twice a year.

olevetonahill
3/15/2012, 12:05 PM
Heh,

MamaMia
3/15/2012, 01:33 PM
Neither since he has narrowed it down to those 2. Shows what I know about pro football.

OULenexaman
3/19/2012, 11:33 AM
Down to Denver and Tennessee..God I hope he doesn't go to Denver. Well.....It's Denver!!....from a Colt to a Donkey.
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/7709195/2012-nfl-free-agency-peyton-manning-picks-denver-broncos-tim-tebow-traded

Good luck with the Tebow trade...

70sooner
3/19/2012, 12:08 PM
As a long time Denver fan I love this pickup.

Bye bye, Timmeh!~

OULenexaman
3/19/2012, 12:27 PM
Why not Denver? I dont really care but the Tebow meltdown would be hilarious Lets see how Tebow deals with THIS type of media coverage coming his way...;)

oumartin
3/19/2012, 12:48 PM
Peyton and Elway will burn for eternity!!

BoulderSooner79
3/19/2012, 01:35 PM
He's rattled big time. This could blow up on the Broncos. If Manning ends up going somewhere else, Tebow is going to have to be talked down from the ledge. He's not talking to any media (which is probably a good idea).

Since Manning will be a Bronco, will they bother talking Timmeh off the ledge? I doubt the Broncs manage to get much out a trade for Tebow since he has a 1st round level contract. I could see them being forced to just release him.

85sooners
3/19/2012, 02:08 PM
but tebow took the broncs to the playoffs

StoopTroup
3/19/2012, 02:58 PM
It doesn't matter what Tebow thinks. The Broncos are now the Denver Mannings. When you get a Franchise Player like Manning you buy into the Manning System. The Broncos have gone from developing a young QB and building a Team to designing a Team around Manning.

LASooner
3/19/2012, 05:19 PM
http://i44.tinypic.com/24y4kqu.jpg

70sooner
3/19/2012, 05:51 PM
#18 is a retired number in Denver, but Frank Tripuca, who wore it as the first Donk qb, has said he doesn't mind if they un-retire it and let Manning wear it.

prrriiide
3/19/2012, 07:25 PM
#18 is a retired number in Denver, but Frank Tripuca, who wore it as the first Donk qb, has said he doesn't mind if they un-retire it and let Manning wear it.

He wore #16 at Tennessee.

And I am standing both surprised and corrected that he is going to Denver. I can't believe Condon couldn't keep him away from his other QB cash cow. We'll see how this effects his commission from the Right Reverend when a trade happens.

Eielson
3/19/2012, 07:40 PM
They'll be paying some serious cash to a 40 year old. Yikes!

Breadburner
3/19/2012, 09:08 PM
They'll be paying some serious cash to a 40 year old. Yikes!

Wont matter they will have at least 1 super bowl.....

StoopTroup
3/19/2012, 09:52 PM

They won't win a Super Bowl with Peyton behind Center. They should have waited for Brady to hurt his neck and get traded.

Eielson
3/19/2012, 10:56 PM

We'll see. He'll have to do this with a messed up neck, reduced recovery ability, and without Harrison, Wayne, or Clark. They're certainly going to be top-level contenders, though. I feel it's a great signing for the Broncos, but if things don't go as planned early in the contract, this could really come back to bite them later.

BoulderSooner79
3/19/2012, 11:11 PM
We'll see. He'll have to do this with a messed up neck, reduced recovery ability, and without Harrison, Wayne, or Clark. They're certainly going to be top-level contenders, though. I feel it's a great signing for the Broncos, but if things don't go as planned early in the contract, this could really come back to bite them later.

No doubt this is a high-risk, high-reward venture. But it would have been such a deal for any team that decided to go for it, and that's what makes it interesting.

Eielson
3/19/2012, 11:32 PM
No doubt this is a high-risk, high-reward venture. But it would have been such a deal for any team that decided to go for it, and that's what makes it interesting.

I agree. This could really mess up the 49ers, though. If Alex Smith leaves over this they will be kicking themselves for years to come. Smith is certainly no Manning, but he's much younger, much cheaper (I can only assume), much less risky, and was as efficient as they come last year. The guy played every game and not once did he throw more than one interception (and only five times did he throw one)! I'd imagine he comes back, but I'm enjoying the thought of an NFC West dominated by Sam's quarterback play.

85sooners
3/20/2012, 12:51 PM
http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b358/paul--moore/84fbf5e7.jpg

Scott D
3/20/2012, 04:00 PM

Maybe we can talk Howie Long out of retirement to put Peyton into it ;)

StoopTroup
3/20/2012, 07:57 PM
Hey John....where's the *hitter around here?
http://cbsdenver.files.wordpress.com/2012/03/manning-elway.jpg?w=420&h=315

StoopTroup
3/20/2012, 07:59 PM
Hey John....I really gotta go....

http://www.nemzetisport.hu/data/cikk/2/12/24/89/cikk_2122489/mannway540.jpg

StoopTroup
3/20/2012, 08:04 PM
John....can Peyton use that one?

http://predominantlyorange.com/files/2012/03/manning3.jpg

StoopTroup
3/20/2012, 08:08 PM
http://www.csnbaltimore.com/common/stsimg/NFL/201203161046387681199-p2.jpeg

StoopTroup
3/20/2012, 08:09 PM
http://a.espncdn.com/photo/2012/0319/espn_e_mannbroncart_576.gif

70sooner
3/20/2012, 08:45 PM
http://www.drewlitton.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/thewelcomematcolor.gif

70sooner
3/20/2012, 08:46 PM
http://www.drewlitton.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/litt120319color-550x366.gif

8timechamps
3/20/2012, 09:36 PM
As you would expect, the fans are excited here. Peyton had his press conference today, and basically said if Tebow stays, he'll do everything he can to teach him. However, the Broncos have already said he is officially on the trading block.

There is talk that the Jets have some interest (albeit, certainly not as a replacement). We'll see...

8timechamps
3/20/2012, 09:37 PM
They won't win a Super Bowl with Peyton behind Center. They should have waited for Brady to hurt his neck and get traded.

So far, your predictions on this matter have not worked out too well. You won't mind if I completely disregard your Super Bowl prediction, will you?

85sooners
3/21/2012, 10:29 AM
So far, your predictions on this matter have not worked out too well. You won't mind if I completely disregard your Super Bowl prediction, will you?:dispirited:

70sooner
3/21/2012, 12:02 PM
Unusually quiet in recent weeks, the New York Jets shattered the calm Wednesday by completing a trade for polarizing quarterback Tim Tebow, the team confirmed.

The Jets will send a fourth-round pick to the Denver Broncos, a source said.

Tebow, a former first-round pick, went on the trading block Monday when the Broncos secured free agent Peyton Manning, who signed a five-year, $96 million contract.

Several teams expressed interest, including Tebow's hometown Jacksonville Jaguars, but the Jets -- perceived as a sleeper at the outset -- pulled off the splashiest trade of the offseason.

Tebow will join a cast of backups behind incumbent Mark Sanchez, but his presence could ignite a quarterback controversy. Cornerback Antonio Cromartie tweeted before the trade that "we don't need Tebow," expressing his confidence in Sanchez and the current roster.

The timing of the trade is curious.

soonerboomer93
3/21/2012, 01:17 PM
There's no way Tebow could stay in Denver, despite what Manning said yesterday.

I'm just with the Broncos had gotten more then a 4th and 6th for Tebow and a 7th. I have the feeling they didn't exactly haggle a bunch, just took the offers and went with the best one.

OULenexaman
3/21/2012, 01:33 PM
and to get out of his salary....

8timechamps
3/21/2012, 01:47 PM
There's no way Tebow could stay in Denver, despite what Manning said yesterday.

I'm just with the Broncos had gotten more then a 4th and 6th for Tebow and a 7th. I have the feeling they didn't exactly haggle a bunch, just took the offers and went with the best one.

I'm with you. I was hoping for more from the trade, but I have a feeling the Broncos were happy to get anything.

70sooner
3/21/2012, 03:47 PM
could be a fly in da ointment......

After word spread rapidly Wednesday that the New York Jets had acquired quarterback Tim Tebow from Denver for draft picks, the teams have encountered a hang-up in the language in Tebow's contract that could nullify the trade, a Broncos source tells ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter.

In Tebow's contract is a $6.2 million salary advance, of which $1.2 million already has been paid by Denver, sources told Schefter. The difference of $5 million is still advanced against his future salary, and that burden would shift to the Jets in a trade. The Jets, sources said, believe the Broncos should owe Tebow that money.

The trade, then, will not be finalized until the sides resolve their differences over which should pay the money coming to Tebow.

The teams agreed to the terms of the trade -- the Jets dealt fourth-round and sixth-round selections in 2012 in exchange for Tebow and a 2012 seventh-rounder from Denver -- before the Broncos asked New York to pay back a portion of bonuses and salary already paid to Tebow, sources told Schefter.

One league source said he believes the Broncos-Jets trade will go through. Sources also said that, if the trade falls apart, the St. Louis Rams could be in play for Tebow because the Rams do not have issues with Tebow's contract that New York does.

The same money issues in Tebow's contract also caused complications for Jacksonville trying to complete a trade for Tebow earlier, sources told Schefter.

Tebow, a former first-round pick, went on the trading block Monday when the Broncos secured free agent quarterback Peyton Manning, who signed a five-year, $96 million contract.

Two weeks ago, the Jets gave Sanchez a three-year, $40.5 million contract extension, professing their faith in him even though he regressed in certain areas last season. They signed former Detroit Lions backup Drew Stanton last week to be their No. 2 quarterback, handing him a $500,000 signing bonus. They also have former Alabama star Greg McElroy.

The Jets see Tebow as a change-of-pace player with the ability to run the wildcat offense. They've used the wildcat in recent years, but cut back last season with the departure of Brad Smith. The new offensive coordinator is Tony Sparano, who introduced the wildcat to the NFL as coach of the Miami Dolphins.

ESPNNewYork.com's Rich Cimini contributed to this report.

8timechamps
3/21/2012, 04:06 PM
could be a fly in da ointment......

After word spread rapidly Wednesday that the New York Jets had acquired quarterback Tim Tebow from Denver for draft picks, the teams have encountered a hang-up in the language in Tebow's contract that could nullify the trade, a Broncos source tells ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter.

In Tebow's contract is a $6.2 million salary advance, of which $1.2 million already has been paid by Denver, sources told Schefter. The difference of $5 million is still advanced against his future salary, and that burden would shift to the Jets in a trade. The Jets, sources said, believe the Broncos should owe Tebow that money.

The trade, then, will not be finalized until the sides resolve their differences over which should pay the money coming to Tebow.

The teams agreed to the terms of the trade -- the Jets dealt fourth-round and sixth-round selections in 2012 in exchange for Tebow and a 2012 seventh-rounder from Denver -- before the Broncos asked New York to pay back a portion of bonuses and salary already paid to Tebow, sources told Schefter.

One league source said he believes the Broncos-Jets trade will go through. Sources also said that, if the trade falls apart, the St. Louis Rams could be in play for Tebow because the Rams do not have issues with Tebow's contract that New York does.

The same money issues in Tebow's contract also caused complications for Jacksonville trying to complete a trade for Tebow earlier, sources told Schefter.

Tebow, a former first-round pick, went on the trading block Monday when the Broncos secured free agent quarterback Peyton Manning, who signed a five-year, $96 million contract.

Two weeks ago, the Jets gave Sanchez a three-year, $40.5 million contract extension, professing their faith in him even though he regressed in certain areas last season. They signed former Detroit Lions backup Drew Stanton last week to be their No. 2 quarterback, handing him a $500,000 signing bonus. They also have former Alabama star Greg McElroy.

The Jets see Tebow as a change-of-pace player with the ability to run the wildcat offense. They've used the wildcat in recent years, but cut back last season with the departure of Brad Smith. The new offensive coordinator is Tony Sparano, who introduced the wildcat to the NFL as coach of the Miami Dolphins.

ESPNNewYork.com's Rich Cimini contributed to this report.

It would be interesting to see how the Jets or the Rams would use Tebow. I'm thinking Bell-dozer type situation.

Eielson
3/21/2012, 06:04 PM
Tebow won't be headed to the Rams. Nobody in St. Louis can even figure out where that rumor came from. Too many holes to fill, and they're already out a 5th rounder in the Lloyd trade. This would cost them their 4th. Also, they have no need for him anyway.

Eielson
3/21/2012, 06:13 PM
Tebow won't be headed to the Rams. Nobody in St. Louis can even figure out where that rumor came from. Too many holes to fill, and they're already out a 5th rounder in the Lloyd trade. This would cost them their 4th. Also, they have no need for him anyway.

Actually, St. Louis did inquire about Tebow, but it's not certain whether or not they made an offer. I'd like to say they didn't. Either way, they're out of the running now.

Wishboned
3/21/2012, 11:08 PM
I saw this quote on another site and it made me laugh:

Denver is the first team in NFL history to sacrifice a virgin for a chance at the title.

StoopTroup
3/22/2012, 12:52 AM
So far, your predictions on this matter have not worked out too well. You won't mind if I completely disregard your Super Bowl prediction, will you?

Do whatever you want. I'm just glad to be on record about it. I'm shocked that the mules put together a deal with Manning. I was blown away that Miami decided not to sell their soul to get him as originally they were on record that it was a deal they couldn't pass on. Then when the Titans got in the bidding I figured they would be the ones that would land Peyton. The Super Bowl Deal is my own personal feelings that for so many NFL Teams pass on Peyton after the Mules were the 1st place he went, well it must be that the rest of them just didn't see him lasting more than 3 years, sp I'm guessing that he didn't impress them enough to throw the money and the power away to him. I bet this is a huge mistake for Denver.
Believe what you want, you have the guy you think can put it all together. I think the Rams have a better chance of Winning a Super Bowl in the next 3 Seasons than the Mules.

70sooner
3/22/2012, 06:55 AM
somebody doesn't like da Donks, LOL!~

hey, at least Pat Bowlen is an OU grad. I don't know of any other pro football teams that are owned by an OU grad....

soonerboomer93
3/22/2012, 09:54 AM
Exactly, Bowlen is an OU grad. Not sure how much he gives to the school, but he is one of our own.

And Tebow trade was finalized.

Curly Bill
3/22/2012, 09:58 AM
Even if Manning were to get hurt walking onto the field for their first practice and never play again, I think the Broncos will be better for having ridded themselves of Tebow. I think they realized that too, and thus they were willing to give him up for pennies on the dollar.

8timechamps
3/22/2012, 03:04 PM
Do whatever you want. I'm just glad to be on record about it. I'm shocked that the mules put together a deal with Manning. I was blown away that Miami decided not to sell their soul to get him as originally they were on record that it was a deal they couldn't pass on. Then when the Titans got in the bidding I figured they would be the ones that would land Peyton. The Super Bowl Deal is my own personal feelings that for so many NFL Teams pass on Peyton after the Mules were the 1st place he went, well it must be that the rest of them just didn't see him lasting more than 3 years, sp I'm guessing that he didn't impress them enough to throw the money and the power away to him. I bet this is a huge mistake for Denver.
Believe what you want, you have the guy you think can put it all together. I think the Rams have a better chance of Winning a Super Bowl in the next 3 Seasons than the Mules.

You clearly missed how it all went down. There wasn't a team that "passed" on Manning. Manning was in the driver's seat, and passed on several teams. You make it sound the other way around...which, it was not.

You're on record saying the Broncos are dreaming if they think they can get Manning. Is that the one you are glad to be on record about?

Look, I love Sam as much as any Sooner, but I also know how much has to be done in St. Louis for the Rams to even consider a Super Bowl. If you honestly think the Rams will be in the SB (in the next 3 seasons) over the Broncos. I'd like a little of what you're smoking.

How is the Peyton deal a "huge mistake for Denver"? I really have no idea what you're talking about.

You're pretty knowledgeable about the Sooners, but I'm thinking you may not be as much about the NFL.

BoulderSooner79
3/22/2012, 05:26 PM
Even if Manning were to get hurt walking onto the field for their first practice and never play again, I think the Broncos will be better for having ridded themselves of Tebow. I think they realized that too, and thus they were willing to give him up for pennies on the dollar.

They gave up Tebow for what he was worth to other teams; mostly it was addition by subtraction (of his salary) than what they got in trade. I think Tebow landed with the perfect team. The Jets were already a media circus because of their coach. Now they have a starting QB that the fans are not in love with a backup that some will idolize. It's bound to be fun and I'm not saying that sarcastically.

Eielson
3/22/2012, 06:25 PM
Look, I love Sam as much as any Sooner, but I also know how much has to be done in St. Louis for the Rams to even consider a Super Bowl. If you honestly think the Rams will be in the SB (in the next 3 seasons) over the Broncos. I'd like a little of what you're smoking.

Years 1-3 are definitely in favor of the Broncos. Years 4 and 5 favor the Rams. Yay Snyder/RGIII! And Jeff Fisher, too.

8timechamps
3/22/2012, 10:04 PM
Years 1-3 are definitely in favor of the Broncos. Years 4 and 5 favor the Rams. Yay Snyder/RGIII! And Jeff Fisher, too.

There's no doubt that the Broncos are building to win now (and given that Manning isn't a spring chicken, time is not on their side), while the Rams are building for the long haul. As a fan of Sam, I would like to see him in a Super Bowl. Otherwise, I just can't make myself like the Rams.

OULenexaman
3/23/2012, 08:46 AM
It's not too hard if you try 8time.....Rams are NFC.....other side of the fence.

8timechamps
3/23/2012, 10:43 PM
It's not too hard if you try 8time.....Rams are NFC.....other side of the fence.

I've come around since Sam got there. I'll keep working on it.

bluedogok
3/24/2012, 10:30 AM
I am just glad that he is gone and hopefully the Tebow Circus has left town as well. I think the Tebow Circus hurt his trade value some, not as much as his lack of consistent passing though.

http://insidetheiggles.com/files/2012/03/tebowcartoon.jpg

8timechamps
3/24/2012, 08:06 PM
I am just glad that he is gone and hopefully the Tebow Circus has left town as well. I think the Tebow Circus hurt his trade value some, not as much as his lack of consistent passing though.

Meanwhile, in the I'm-not-a-bit surprised camp, while I was out today, I saw hundreds of "Manning #18" Bronco tee shirts for sale. Can you imagine how fast the wheels of production must have been turning in order for all those shirts to find their way to retailers by the weekend? The money train never stops.

EatLeadCommie
3/25/2012, 03:24 AM

http://insidetheiggles.com/files/2012/03/tebowcartoon.jpg
The Tebow circus has gone to NYC. It's only gonna get worse.

bluedogok
3/25/2012, 10:14 AM
The Tebow circus has gone to NYC. It's only gonna get worse.
Nationally maybe, locally (here in Denver) there is no way it could get worse. In fact with the intense focus the national had during the late season winning stretch I really don't know how it could get much worse than it already was.