PDA

View Full Version : What has Romney promised Paul in exchange for Paul attacking Santorum?

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
3/5/2012, 04:30 PM
It's obvious from the debates and Paul's paid ads in OK that I've seen on OK websites that Paul is almost exclusively focusing on, and spending his money on going after Santorum. What sorta deal has Paul struck with Romney?

KantoSooner
3/5/2012, 04:35 PM
Maybe he's playing to be the only option to Romney and seeing where that puts him come convention time.
Gingrich will run out of cash, so if Paul can axe Samtorum, Paul becomes 'the man' at the convention. Not that he'd be nominated, but he might get to dictate a lot of the platform.

3/5/2012, 04:40 PM
Maybe he's playing to be the only option to Romney and seeing where that puts him come convention time.
Gingrich will run out of cash, so if Paul can axe Samtorum, Paul becomes 'the man' at the convention. Not that he'd be nominated, but he might get to dictate a lot of the platform.While your conjecture is possible, I believe it's not as likely as Paul and Romney agreeing to team up against Santorum. Paul and Romney both are attacking Santorum, and I have little doubt it's organized. What I am curious about is what's in it for Paul, if Romney gets elected?

StoopTroup
3/5/2012, 04:41 PM
If you are implying that Romney is offering Paul a VP spot, I highly doubt it. All answers to Romneys VP says Rubio is his guy if the GOP decides Romney is going after Obama.

3/5/2012, 04:58 PM
If you are implying that Romney is offering Paul a VP spot, I highly doubt it. All answers to Romneys VP says Rubio is his guy if the GOP decides Romney is going after Obama.Why would you assume VP is something i'm implying?

soonercoop1
3/5/2012, 06:07 PM
VP for his son...

soonercruiser
3/6/2012, 12:28 AM
I believe that there has only been one significant attack on Romney by Paul....in the debates.
Trying to figure out the price of admission is only entertainment between your ears.
EVERY politician pays back his allies.
And, there are always going to be many alliances throughout an election.
Just look at how Obama has paid off his cronnies!

hawaii 5-0
3/6/2012, 01:33 AM
If you are implying that Romney is offering Paul a VP spot, I highly doubt it. All answers to Romneys VP says Rubio is his guy if the GOP decides Romney is going after Obama.

I think Romney will make Paul court elf.

5-0

TheHumanAlphabet
3/6/2012, 02:22 AM
Paul and Romney have become good friends. I have read that Paul my get a VP nod under a Romney ticket. Other stories have speculated a Treasury post.

soonerhubs
3/6/2012, 03:36 AM
Your silly disdain for those 2 is amusing. Santorum is a hypocrite of epic proportions and most anyone who reads the constitution knows that he's bad for this country.

Btw, Is your clone going to survive his latest out of his *** talking points? He's an idiot whose ego just got the best of him.

soonercruiser
3/6/2012, 12:11 PM
Your silly disdain for those 2 is amusing. Santorum is a hypocrite of epic proportions and most anyone who reads the constitution knows that he's bad for this country.

Btw, Is your clone going to survive his latest out of his *** talking points? He's an idiot whose ego just got the best of him.

You talking about the idiot Obama again?

3/6/2012, 01:15 PM

Btw, Is your clone going to survive his latest out of his *** talking points? He's an idiot whose ego just got the best of him.HSFY and YF

soonerhubs
3/6/2012, 06:45 PM

Btw, Is your clone going to survive his latest out of his *** talking points? He's an idiot whose ego just got the best of him.HSFY and YF

English, please.

3/6/2012, 08:26 PM
English, please.Yes, of course it is...(duh)

soonerhubs
3/6/2012, 08:34 PM
English, please.Yes, of course it is...(duh)

Not all of us sit around listening to the talking points of a ****** bag while browsing urban dictionary to come up with "clever" acronyms.

However, I see that you didn't refute my statement.

3/7/2012, 12:49 AM
Not all of us sit around listening to the talking points of a ****** bag while browsing urban dictionary to come up with "clever" acronyms.

However, I see that you didn't refute my statement.Well, it's not an insult, and I have no interest in refuting your opinion again, other than to say it's hard to believe you really think what you said, so I offered up the HSFY and YF.

3/7/2012, 01:14 AM
Well, it's not an insult, and I have no interest in refuting your opinion again, other than to say it's hard to believe you really think what you said, so I offered up the HSFY and YF.Also, I don't remember that you used to be such an insulting guy. In the past, I remember you as a calmer, more respectful person. Maybe I have you confused with some other poster. If so, I apologize.

soonerhubs
3/7/2012, 06:11 AM
Well, it's not an insult, and I have no interest in refuting your opinion again, other than to say it's hard to believe you really think what you said, so I offered up the HSFY and YF.Also, I don't remember that you used to be such an insulting guy. In the past, I remember you as a calmer, more respectful person. Maybe I have you confused with some other poster. If so, I apologize.

If you're actually defending Rush Limbaugh after his ridiculous comments last week, then you have no right to preach to me about insults.

I'm lambasting someone who called a person a slut and a prostitute. I feel my comments are completely appropriate.

To be quite honest I only see that you and I are on other sides of the aisle with our choices this time. The fact that you keep typing cryptic acronyms is a bit silly though.

Finally, help me understand how someone who will grow the government deserves the label of conservative.

3/7/2012, 12:44 PM
If you're actually defending Rush Limbaugh after his ridiculous comments last week, then you have no right to preach to me about insults.

I'm lambasting someone who called a person a slut and a prostitute. I feel my comments are completely appropriate.

To be quite honest I only see that you and I are on other sides of the aisle with our choices this time. The fact that you keep typing cryptic acronyms is a bit silly though.

Finally, help me understand how someone who will grow the government deserves the label of conservative.You are a hardcore Romneyite, correct? If so, then I understand your frustration with Rush . Don't worry, if Romney eventually prevails, Rush will be firmly on Romney's camp against Obeary.

I don't know if you consider Obamacare as big a threat to our freedom as I do, but I do have very serious reservations as to whether Romney will attempt to rid us of it.

soonerhubs
3/7/2012, 01:28 PM
You are a hardcore Romneyite, correct? If so, then I understand your frustration with Rush . Don't worry, if Romney eventually prevails, Rush will be firmly on Romney's camp against Obeary.

I don't know if you consider Obamacare as big a threat to our freedom as I do, but I do have very serious reservations as to whether Romney will attempt to rid us of it.

Incorrect. I am in full support of Dr. Ron Paul. I feel that he is the only TRUE conservative on the Republican ticket as he actually talks about reducing the influence of the federal government.

I am strongly against Rick Santorum because I feel that his record and rhetoric reflects a person who is fine with the government growing in areas that infringe on individual liberty and cost the citizens of the Republic more money (whether it's through taxes or inflation, it's the same to me.)

I wouldn't say I'm frustrated with Rush. I don't follow Rush Limbaugh. He lost me long ago when I chose to think for myself and not support the statist mentality that is pervasive throughout the GOP's establishment.

The very essence of the early Tea Party movement was to reduce government influence and stop it from burdening the citizens. However, many of them have either abandoned those principles or been removed from leadership by Neo-cons who hijacked the movement, and I feel the individuals including Rush Limbaugh and Sarah Palin were a large part of that.

If big government is something the GOP wants to continue promoting through their various policies, then I do NOT support the GOP. In fact, I will make more efforts to see its utter demise. For I feel that in addition to many other crimes against the constitution the GOP has abandoned the true reduction of government conservative base it should actually support in the name of endorsing some sort of quasi-Christian movement.

Who knows, maybe I'm off about the GOP ever being for smaller government, if so, I regret any prior associations, and fully endorse its fall.

I feel that you struggle with my philosophy because you see things in too much of a dichotomous fashion? In essence, "You're either with the Republicans or you support the democrats." I feel that this is a false dichotomy. I'm against both parties, but I feel that the Republican party fits the "wolves in sheep's clothing" much much more than the Democratic party who is at least honest in their attempts to continue to grow the government's influence.

3/7/2012, 01:45 PM
Then, in your eyes, we're screwed? You're the inception of the revolt the Left wants. Bully for your insight! Summon Sicem. I think he's ready to go, too.

soonerhubs
3/7/2012, 02:13 PM
Then, in your eyes, we're screwed? You're the inception of the revolt the Left wants. Bully for your insight! Summon Sicem. I think he's ready to go, too.

This is what I mean when I say that your mind only works in dichotomous fashion. I don't know how I can be any clearer. I'm against both parties. However, if you need to call me a shill for the left to satisfy your extremely reduce view of politics, so be it. Just know that you're wrong, even if you don't seem to comprehend why.

3/7/2012, 02:17 PM
This is what I mean when I say that your mind only works in dichotomous fashion. I don't know how I can be any clearer. I'm against both parties. However, if you need to call me a shill for the left to satisfy your extremely reduce view of politics, so be it. Just know that you're wrong, even if you don't seem to comprehend why.Shill implies that it is intentional and complicit. I am not saying I think that to be. The stupid card you threw in at the end doesn't flatter you.

soonerhubs
3/7/2012, 02:23 PM
Shill implies that it is intentional and complicit. I am not saying I think that to be. The stupid card you threw in at the end doesn't flatter you.

However, calling someone an inadvertant pawn of the left flatters you, eh? Is this where I say, "Head Shaking for You. Your Funny!"

StoopTroup
3/7/2012, 02:24 PM
Why would you assume VP is something i'm implying?

I didn't. I asked a question as to whether you were. pay attention numb nuts.

Talking heads all say Rubio is Romney's guy. Notice how Rubio has been quiet since Romney went on the campaign trail. Romney doesn't want Rubio getting attention or having to defend a position until it's Romney/Rubio vs Obama/Biden. I guarantee you the Romney Camp dreams at night about Rubio and Biden Debating each other in the Presidential Elections. They do not dream about Ron Paul standing there taking on Biden with Paul's position on the World. Paul might get a position in the Romney Administration but it won't be VP.

3/7/2012, 02:38 PM
However, calling someone an inadvertant pawn of the left flatters you, eh? Is this where I say, "Head Shaking for You. Your Funny!"I didn't have to say it, but you're the one who asked me to spell it out by claiming you aren't a shill, and I agreed. An inadvertent pawn(or inadvertent complicity) is better than being a shill, although probably equally damaging.

Anyway, the OK primary is over, and the Paul/Romney tag team vs Santorum didn't work there. TAKE HEART! They might win in the end, and Paul can be Secy of Defense, or whatever he is promised.

TUSooner
3/7/2012, 05:55 PM
This is what I mean when I say that your mind only works in dichotomous fashion. I don't know how I can be any clearer. I'm against both parties. However, if you need to call me a shill for the left to satisfy your extremely reduce view of politics, so be it. Just know that you're wrong, even if you don't seem to comprehend why.

This is the critique of I Am Rush Limbaugh's Parrot that I have been making for years, at least until I put him on my ignore list. You have nailed it!!

3/7/2012, 06:21 PM
This is the critique of I Am Rush Limbaugh's Parrot that I have been making for years, at least until I put him on my ignore list. You have nailed it!!Then, that should end this thread, now that the OK primary is done. TU closes it out with the stupid card, and we're all fine.

TUSooner
3/7/2012, 06:33 PM
A reminder:

This message is hidden because RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone! is on your ignore list.

3/7/2012, 06:37 PM
A reminder:Who ya voting for in the R primary? haha

StoopTroup
3/7/2012, 07:08 PM
I voted for Santorum.

soonerhubs
3/7/2012, 07:21 PM
Who ya voting for in the R primary? haha
Ron Paul

3/7/2012, 07:48 PM
I voted for Santorum.Good going!

SicEmBaylor
3/8/2012, 08:55 AM
I'm moving on from 'weeping for the Republic' to 'slitting my wrists for the Republic.'

soonerhubs
3/8/2012, 05:40 PM
Come on Sic'em! Join the statists! ;) Drink the Kool-Aid!

3/8/2012, 06:55 PM
"It's over, it's over, it's oohhhhver"-Roy Orbison

soonerhubs
3/9/2012, 11:00 AM
"It's over, it's over, it's oohhhhver"-Roy Orbison

:) I read this in a Strong Bad voice. I need to visit homestarrunner.