PDA

View Full Version : An Appeal to My Fellow Okies

SicEmBaylor
3/5/2012, 12:48 PM
One hundred and seventy-six years ago tomorrow, the brave defenders of the Alamo gallantly sacrificed their lives in an effort to buy time for Texican forces to gather their strength with the ultimate goal of winning independence from Mexico and establishing the Republic of Texas. A Republic where, to quote John Wayne in ‘The Alamo’, one can “eat free, talk free, go or come, buy or sell, be drunk or sober, however they choose…” To expand on that a little, a Republic where one can keep what they earn and spend it on what they please; a Republic where one is entitled to their own property; a Republic where one can choose what to eat, what to consume, what to watch, and smoke whatever they choose. Those brave men in that old San Antonio Catholic mission did not sacrifice their lives for liberty so that liberty could be supplanted by legions of do-gooder politicians, drone-link bureaucrats, un-elected heads of the Fed, or dogmatic acolytes who consider the principle of liberty to be secondary to their own religious theology. Would they have laid down their lives if they knew that that the liberty they knew would be dead within a few generations? Would they have chosen to take up arms to build a Republic if citizens were no longer allowed to even freely build upon their own property? Would they have accepted a government that provided entitlements from the crib to the grave and involved itself in decisions as personal as what a citizen may or may not consume and what a person does in their own private bedroom? Purely conjecture on my part, but I think not.

On the anniversary of The Battle of the Alamo, the citizens of several states (including my own Oklahoma) will headto the polls to choose an alternative to President Obama. Our nation stands on the precipice – do we allow the march of statism and the ‘American Empire’ to continue unabated or do we take the first step in the long and difficult process of re-founding a Republic based on liberty? Will we do a disservice to our forefathers by making a ‘strategic’ decision to vote for the lesser evil? Will we rise to the occasion and support a candidate who unflinchingly stares down those on the left and the right who are no friend of liberty? Barry Goldwater famously declared, “Extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice.” If that be the case, there is one man in this race who has no vice.

One hundred and seventy-six years ago, 115 Texans stood in defense of liberty. Tomorrow, one Texan continues to do so….Congressman Ron Paul.

olevetonahill
3/5/2012, 01:19 PM
Ron Paul is an Idiot

badger
3/5/2012, 01:22 PM
"My Fellow Okies"

SicEm dear... do you know what the first words I utter to petition holders on the street corners and state fairs asking if I'm a registered voter in the state of Oklahoma are?

"Are you?"

I give the same courtesy to the push pollers on the phone reading from their scripts, regardless of which candidate they're pushing, regardless of what their agenda or platform or bill is.

So, allow me to speak as a registered voter in the state of Oklahoma about SicEm's agenda here at SoonerFans.com during the past few months.

1- Prepare your anus.

Link (http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showthread.php?162664-Prepare-Your-Anus)

...for the raping you Gooners are going to receive this saturday. I almost feel sorry for you bastards -- you have no idea what's in store for you. Let me introduce you to the most dynamic QB/WR duo in all of college football: King Griffin III and Kendall Wright.

When Baylor beat Oklahoma, what side of the Red River was SicEm on that weekend? It wasn't the side that will be voting in the March 6 primary.

2- Hijacking a thread on Sooner womens basketball.

http://rationalwiki.org/w/images/5/50/Waaambulance.jpg

Link (http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showthread.php?161281-OU-womens-basketball-chatter/page8)

When Baylor stands as the No. 1 undefeated womens basketball team in the country, does SicEm stand on Oklahoma's red dirt soil, or does he drink Waco's Dr. Pepper?

3- Dear Badger

If NP hasn't already picked out a gift for whatever the next gift giving event is for you, then let his search end now. It is PERFECT.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ws/eBayISAPI...ht_3760wt_1032

YWIA.

Link (http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showthread.php?166674-Dear-Badger)

When it comes time to supporting a womens basketball coach, does he choose the unquestioned (and Oklahoma native) best in Sherri Coale, or the ugly, bitter, loathsome Skeletor who has NO ties to the state voting tomorrow? Hint: The bobblehead he links is NOT pretty.

Therefore, registered voters of Oklahoma, I appeal to you as a fellow registered voter of Oklahoma who has NEVER wavered from her support of her current home state, a registered voter ever since moving here in 2001, an active voter whether it's from Norman while attending college, or the other cities I've lived and worked in with my husband and parents.

VOTE!

Don't worry about outside influence, they'll be gone after Tuesday, never to be seen again for four years.

Vote.

I don't care who you vote for, but please, exercise your right to vote.

7 a.m. to 7 p.m. Tuesday.

Vote, vote, vote.

PS: I will probably vote for Ron Paul, but not because a BAYLOR (not Oklahoma!) fan told me to.

rock on sooner
3/5/2012, 01:39 PM
As a native Oklahoman not living there now, allow me to also encourage each of you to vote, for whomever
you choose, but vote!

As an aside, I read recently that approximately 11% of registered Republicans are doing the voting and
caucusing thus far, clearly the most motivated of the party. Also, I heard a report today that only 11.8%
of Americans approve of the work of the Congress. I wonder how many Pubs are on both lists.

Curly Bill
3/5/2012, 01:41 PM
I'm voting for David Crockett!!

olevetonahill
3/5/2012, 01:50 PM
I'm voting for David Crockett!!
Ima Vote fer that knife maker dude.

Curly Bill
3/5/2012, 01:54 PM
Ima Vote fer that knife maker dude.

Jim Bowie does make an allsome knife!

rock on sooner
3/5/2012, 01:55 PM
[QUOTE=olevetonahill;3458622]Ima Vote fer that knife maker dude.[/QUOTEJ

Jim Bowie...so you can write it in!:playful:

Midtowner
3/5/2012, 01:58 PM
I'll be supporting Ron Paul.

okie52
3/5/2012, 02:17 PM
Ron Paul is an Idiot

How so?

StoopTroup
3/5/2012, 02:21 PM
SicEm needs to see "Midnight in Paris".

Woody Allen has answered all your concerns.

StoopTroup
3/5/2012, 02:25 PM
I'm voting for Santorum. That guy is gonna get crucified by Obama and the American Voters only this time Romney, Mewt and Ron Paul will be there right beside him so remember, we will need 4 crosses this time.

He was terrific here in Tulsa. So glad he came here to sway my vote tomorrow.

TUSooner
3/5/2012, 03:09 PM
Despite SicEm's fullsome endorsement and romanticization of the Alamo (which would make a Texican blush), I'd vote for Ron Paul if I were there.
Not that I really wish for ALL of his policies to be enacted and enforced, but as a protest against the culturally repulsive creep-christianty of Sanctimorium, the vulgar egotistical fraud who is Newt, and Mitt's pathetic pandering.

rock on sooner
3/5/2012, 03:17 PM
Despite SicEm's fullsome endorsement and romanticization of the Alamo (which would make a Texican blush), I'd vote for Ron Paul if I were there.
Not that I really wish for ALL of his policies to be enacted and enforced, but as a protest against the culturally repulsive creep-christianty of Sanctimorium, the vulgar egotistical fraud who is Newt, and Mitt's pathetic pandering.

Wow! Now if I said all that...:congratulatory:

SicEmBaylor
3/5/2012, 03:39 PM
"My Fellow Okies"

SicEm dear... do you know what the first words I utter to petition holders on the street corners and state fairs asking if I'm a registered voter in the state of Oklahoma are?

"Are you?"
Why, my dear Badger, yes I am. ;) Now, it is true that I switched my registration to Texas when living in Waco. I give you permission to hang me for treason....just vote for Ron Paul before you do it.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v313/SicEmBaylor/IMG_20120305_142931.jpg?t=1330979978

And't don't forget that Oklahoma does not = OU. ;)

StoopTroup
3/5/2012, 04:08 PM
I would have voted for Ron but he's not really allowing me to say anything by voting for him. If I vote for Santorum and he continues to split the vote like Perot did back in the day....maybe we will end up with a 3rd party and really get things turned around this time. I'm not sure what direction the Republican Party is headed right now but it seems like they have tried Richard Steele and now Reince Priebus, they have had their last VP Candidate Sarah Palin rolling around in a bus and hired by FOX to tell people what to think.

It's just so sad to see these tactics expand when they obviously didn't work in 2008. You can think that those of us who don't just wet ourselves everytime something is said about Obama is written or spoken but we have watched it now for years and are pretty disgusted about the 8 years prior to 2008 and the current GOP Candidates act like none of that ever happened. It's now just coming Home to Roost as to just how upset Americans are about how badly the Wars were handled. We don't trust that the GOP is doing what is right and we now are bringing Home many of our heroes that feel the same way.

SicEmBaylor
3/5/2012, 04:15 PM
I would have voted for Ron but he's not really allowing me to say anything by voting for him.
I have no clue what this means.

If I vote for Santorum and he continues to split the vote like Perot did back in the day....maybe we will end up with a 3rd party and really get things turned around this time.
Split the vote with who? That would require a strong 3rd party candidate which is highly unlikely to be the case.

I'm not sure what direction the Republican Party is headed right now/quote]
The same direction it has been heading for more than a decade -- the wrong one.
[quote]but it seems like they have tried Richard Steele and now Reince Priebus, they have had their last VP Candidate Sarah Palin rolling around in a bus and hired by FOX to tell people what to think.
You mean, Michael Steele, right? I can't stand Palin, but she is no more telling people what to think than any other pundit be it left, right, or in between. Nobody is holding a gun to anyone's head and telling them how or what to think.

It's just so sad to see these tactics expand when they obviously didn't work in 2008.
The tactics do work. 2008 was a strategic problem not a tactical problem.

You can think that those of us who don't just wet ourselves everytime something is said about Obama is written or spoken but we have watched it now for years and are pretty disgusted about the 8 years prior to 2008 and the current GOP Candidates act like none of that ever happened. It's now just coming Home to Roost as to just how upset Americans are about how badly the Wars were handled. We don't trust that the GOP is doing what is right and we now are bringing Home many of our heroes that feel the same way.

Ho'kay.

jk the sooner fan
3/5/2012, 04:18 PM
Ron Paul is an Idiot

hey fella - lookie there, we agree on something

hugs?

Chuck Bao
3/5/2012, 04:26 PM
"My Fellow Okies"

"Are you?"

I give the same courtesy to the push pollers on the phone reading from their scripts, regardless of which candidate they're pushing, regardless of what their agenda or platform or bill is.

So, allow me to speak as a registered voter in the state of Oklahoma about SicEm's agenda here at SoonerFans.com during the past few months.

1- Prepare your anus.

Link (http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showthread.php?162664-Prepare-Your-Anus)

When Baylor beat Oklahoma, what side of the Red River was SicEm on that weekend? It wasn't the side that will be voting in the March 6 primary.

2- Hijacking a thread on Sooner womens basketball.

Link (http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showthread.php?161281-OU-womens-basketball-chatter/page8)

When Baylor stands as the No. 1 undefeated womens basketball team in the country, does SicEm stand on Oklahoma's red dirt soil, or does he drink Waco's Dr. Pepper?

3- Dear Badger

Link (http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showthread.php?166674-Dear-Badger)

When it comes time to supporting a womens basketball coach, does he choose the unquestioned (and Oklahoma native) best in Sherri Coale, or the ugly, bitter, loathsome Skeletor who has NO ties to the state voting tomorrow? Hint: The bobblehead he links is NOT pretty.

Therefore, registered voters of Oklahoma, I appeal to you as a fellow registered voter of Oklahoma who has NEVER wavered from her support of her current home state, a registered voter ever since moving here in 2001, an active voter whether it's from Norman while attending college, or the other cities I've lived and worked in with my husband and parents.

VOTE!

Don't worry about outside influence, they'll be gone after Tuesday, never to be seen again for four years.

Vote.

I don't care who you vote for, but please, exercise your right to vote.

7 a.m. to 7 p.m. Tuesday.

Vote, vote, vote.

PS: I will probably vote for Ron Paul, but not because a BAYLOR (not Oklahoma!) fan told me to.

Girlfriend, you fill my heart with joy. I mean a few Okie Baylor fans post here and you spew contempt in a political thread as if Baylor were a full-pledged rival. I like it. I like it a lot. God bless ya for giving us the creeds!

I wish that Cogburn were running. I'd vote for him. But that isn't happening and neither is Ron Paul gonna win in the current political-power-money environment. It isn't coincidence that the Republicans are so busy ruining each other in a bid to sell out to that religious right and the whole party is going down in flames. In other words, I hope that Santorum wins Oklahoma and gives the presidential election away.

SicEmBaylor
3/5/2012, 04:44 PM
Several of you have mentioned the fact that Ron Paul will not win the nomination. This is correct. So why on earth would that stop anyone from voting for Ron Paul? Do you desire that badly to be on the "winning" team?

Does the fact that there's not a demonstrable difference between the ideology of Barack Obama and the other 3 candidates not give you some pause? Does the fact that the nation is such a horrible mess due to "business as usual" politics not make you want to try a candidate who is anything but business as usual?

olevetonahill
3/5/2012, 04:45 PM
Several of you have mentioned the fact that Ron Paul will not win the nomination. This is correct. So why on earth would that stop anyone from voting for Ron Paul? Do you desire that badly to be on the "winning" team?

Does the fact that there's not a demonstrable difference between the ideology of Barack Obama and the other 3 candidates not give you some pause? Does the fact that the nation is such a horrible mess due to "business as usual" politics not make you want to try a candidate who is anything but business as usual?

I just aint gonna vote fer an Idiot
Sides Im a Reg. Dem

rock on sooner
3/5/2012, 04:49 PM
Since all you have currently is the "Fab Four", may I suggest that George Will is closer to right
than you think. The Dems have to defend 23 seats, twice as many as you Pubs and then entire
House is up, too. If someone can't figure out a way to work together to start to fix what ails
us, the electorate may seriously "throw the bums out!" Not all, obviously, but they may start
with the 94 freshmen representatives from 2010. There were problems before but that enormous
crashing we all heard was the gridlock following the arrival of those freshmen. They took to
heart McConnell's pledge "to make Obama a one term president". What followed was the
greatest example of democracy shooting itself in the foot or head or a$$ in at least the last
60 years! My only regret is that only 1/3 of the Senate is up for re-election, because all
535 plus the prez and vp all need to face the people!

StoopTroup
3/5/2012, 04:55 PM

For me it's because I don't want to throw away my vote. A vote for Santorum is a vote against Romney. Let's face it, Romney is who is going to be the GOP Candidate. That's a crying shame. Bought and paid for. It's unfortunate that the SCOTUS has made it this way.

rock on sooner
3/5/2012, 04:59 PM
For me it's because I don't want to throw away my vote. A vote for Santorum is a vote against Romney. Let's face it, Romney is who is going to be the GOP Candidate. That's a crying shame. Bought and paid for. It's unfortunate that the SCOTUS has made it this way.

Yep, and you'll see him tack back toward the center for moderates and indies.

StoopTroup
3/5/2012, 05:09 PM
Since all you have currently is the "Fab Four", may I suggest that George Will is closer to right
than you think. The Dems have to defend 23 seats, twice as many as you Pubs and then entire
House is up, too. If someone can't figure out a way to work together to start to fix what ails
us, the electorate may seriously "throw the bums out!" Not all, obviously, but they may start
with the 94 freshmen representatives from 2010. There were problems before but that enormous
crashing we all heard was the gridlock following the arrival of those freshmen. They took to
heart McConnell's pledge "to make Obama a one term president". What followed was the
greatest example of democracy shooting itself in the foot or head or a$$ in at least the last
60 years! My only regret is that only 1/3 of the Senate is up for re-election, because all
535 plus the prez and vp all need to face the people!

I am concentrating things I don't like. One of those things is seeing politicians sign agreements with guys like Grover Norquist. Even though it would hurt the GOP I think it would be a temporary solution to let politicians know that Americans will end your political career if you make deals with lobbyists and try to state that it's what Americans want.

Our Country will need to collect taxes in order to survive. It's not the amount of taxes that is causing Americans so much hardship, it's that it isn't a 100% sacrifice on all Americans.

I remember the day Pubs were pushing for a flat tax. It was when the Tea Party really began to get a following. Those ideas are long gone and the Tea Party is beginning to fall apart. I still think that in Business and Government...."KISS" is the real answer in fixing the many things that are wrong with our Country. By holding up legislation the GOP has helped fix some things in the last 3 years. Sure it stopped the Government Spending but it also has stopped a bunch of bad laws getting passed that have tons of pork in them.

The GOP could take advantage of that if they would clean all that up the next time they have power in the Executive and Legislative Branch. Since they have done no better than the Dems over the last Century Anericans have lost trust in both parties and now are involved in firing politicians as fast as they can find something wrong with them.

okie52
3/5/2012, 05:13 PM
I just aint gonna vote fer an Idiot
Sides Im a Reg. Dem

Then you don't vote in primaries?

rock on sooner
3/5/2012, 05:31 PM
I am concentrating things I don't like. One of those things is seeing politicians sign agreements with guys like Grover Norquist. Even though it would hurt the GOP I think it would be a temporary solution to let politicians know that Americans will end your political career if you make deals with lobbyists and try to state that it's what Americans want.

Our Country will need to collect taxes in order to survive. It's not the amount of taxes that is causing Americans so much hardship, it's that it isn't a 100% sacrifice on all Americans.

I remember the day Pubs were pushing for a flat tax. It was when the Tea Party really began to get a following. Those ideas are long gone and the Tea Party is beginning to fall apart. I still think that in Business and Government...."KISS" is the real answer in fixing the many things that are wrong with our Country. By holding up legislation the GOP has helped fix some things in the last 3 years. Sure it stopped the Government Spending but it also has stopped a bunch of bad laws getting passed that have tons of pork in them.

The GOP could take advantage of that if they would clean all that up the next time they have power in the Executive and Legislative Branch. Since they have done no better than the Dems over the last Century Anericans have lost trust in both parties and now are involved in firing politicians as fast as they can find something wrong with them.

Oh, Lord, please don't mistake me for Norquist, even in jest. I don't think signing pledges
does anything except inflate Norquist's ego. I do think that the American people in general,
idle grocery store conversation, back yard BBQ, leaning on the backyard fence type people
are getting fed up and it's going to show up in November. I pick on the Pubs because I
think they share more of the blame, but it IS a two party mess and the system is truly
broken!

badger
3/5/2012, 05:32 PM

Hey, there are like five Democrats on the primary ballot tomorrow :D

Seriously. Go check out the list at the vBookie thing or the election board or whatever.

okie52
3/5/2012, 05:39 PM
Hey, there are like five Democrats on the primary ballot tomorrow :D

Seriously. Go check out the list at the vBookie thing or the election board or whatever.

Yeah, but he said he didn't vote for idiots.

AlboSooner
3/5/2012, 05:49 PM
Oklahoma has closed primaries, so as an Indy, can't help you.

olevetonahill
3/5/2012, 05:51 PM

Sure I do, thats why Im a Dem. Its the only way I CAN vote for the Local jobs, Sheriff, County Commish. Etc.

olevetonahill
3/5/2012, 05:51 PM
Yeah, but he said he didn't vote for idiots.

:congratulatory:

jk the sooner fan
3/5/2012, 10:28 PM
Ron Paul has as much business being the POTUS as I do

period, end of story. There's a reason why he's done so poorly in the primaries.

OhU1
3/5/2012, 10:35 PM
Did my voting early at the courthouse today. I didn't write in Dean's name for President as I said I would in an earlier thread. :)

soonercruiser
3/6/2012, 12:18 AM
One hundred and seventy-six years ago tomorrow, the brave defenders of the Alamo gallantly sacrificed their lives in an effort to buy time for Texican forces to gather their strength with the ultimate goal of winning independence from Mexico and establishing the Republic of Texas. A Republic where, to quote John Wayne in ‘The Alamo’, one can “eat free, talk free, go or come, buy or sell, be drunk or sober, however they choose…” To expand on that a little, a Republic where one can keep what they earn and spend it on what they please; a Republic where one is entitled to their own property; a Republic where one can choose what to eat, what to consume, what to watch, and smoke whatever they choose. Those brave men in that old San Antonio Catholic mission did not sacrifice their lives for liberty so that liberty could be supplanted by legions of do-gooder politicians, drone-link bureaucrats, un-elected heads of the Fed, or dogmatic acolytes who consider the principle of liberty to be secondary to their own religious theology. Would they have laid down their lives if they knew that that the liberty they knew would be dead within a few generations? Would they have chosen to take up arms to build a Republic if citizens were no longer allowed to even freely build upon their own property? Would they have accepted a government that provided entitlements from the crib to the grave and involved itself in decisions as personal as what a citizen may or may not consume and what a person does in their own private bedroom? Purely conjecture on my part, but I think not.

On the anniversary of The Battle of the Alamo, the citizens of several states (including my own Oklahoma) will headto the polls to choose an alternative to President Obama. Our nation stands on the precipice – do we allow the march of statism and the ‘American Empire’ to continue unabated or do we take the first step in the long and difficult process of re-founding a Republic based on liberty? Will we do a disservice to our forefathers by making a ‘strategic’ decision to vote for the lesser evil? Will we rise to the occasion and support a candidate who unflinchingly stares down those on the left and the right who are no friend of liberty? Barry Goldwater famously declared, “Extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice.” If that be the case, there is one man in this race who has no vice.

One hundred and seventy-six years ago, 115 Texans stood in defense of liberty. Tomorrow, one Texan continues to do so….Congressman Ron Paul.

Sorry!
I don't think that Ron Paul would have had ANYTHING to do with those right wing, gun toting militants at the Alamo.
He is a pacifist!

okie52
3/6/2012, 12:24 AM
Ron Paul has as much business being the POTUS as I do

period, end of story. There's a reason why he's done so poorly in the primaries.

Period. End of story? I was hoping for a little more information.

TVKaleen
3/6/2012, 08:15 AM
LOL Those brave freedom loving Texans..

When Anglo settlers were originally admitted to Mexican Texas, they were permitted to bring their black slaves from the Deep South with them. Indeed, had Mexican Texas been closed to slavery from the beginning, far fewer Southerners would have emigrated either because they could not bring their expensive property and manpower source with them or because of their political/racial views.

Over the years, Mexico took repeated steps to limit or abolish slavery in Texas. Each step prompted a vociferous reaction from Anglos followed by a Mexican retreat in which the threatening change was repealed. Given the amount of capital many Anglos had invested in black slaves, Mexico's mercurial actions with respect to slavery were at the very least threatening. There were those by 1836 who felt an independent Republic of Texas in which slavery was firmly and for all time recognized and respected was preferable to Mexico with an uncertain future for slavery. Two and one half decades later Texans still felt so strongly about black slavery and attached to it for both economic and social reasons that they would secede from the United States and wage a civil war rather than see the institution imperiled.

http://www.austincc.edu/lpatrick/his1693/causes.html

That being said, voting isn't just a good idea, it's your responsibility.

SicEmBaylor
3/6/2012, 08:21 AM
Sorry!
I don't think that Ron Paul would have had ANYTHING to do with those right wing, gun toting militants at the Alamo.
He is a pacifist!

A pacifist that joined the Air Force? I don't like name calling, but you've once again proven yourself to be a total and complete moron. If you can't tell the difference between someone who doesn't believe in foreign interventionism and a pacifist then please stop commenting on politics and go back to flipping burgers in your day job.

TUSooner
3/6/2012, 09:07 AM
LOL Those brave freedom loving Texans..

When Anglo settlers were originally admitted to Mexican Texas, they were permitted to bring their black slaves from the Deep South with them. Indeed, had Mexican Texas been closed to slavery from the beginning, far fewer Southerners would have emigrated either because they could not bring their expensive property and manpower source with them or because of their political/racial views.

Over the years, Mexico took repeated steps to limit or abolish slavery in Texas. Each step prompted a vociferous reaction from Anglos followed by a Mexican retreat in which the threatening change was repealed. Given the amount of capital many Anglos had invested in black slaves, Mexico's mercurial actions with respect to slavery were at the very least threatening. There were those by 1836 who felt an independent Republic of Texas in which slavery was firmly and for all time recognized and respected was preferable to Mexico with an uncertain future for slavery. Two and one half decades later Texans still felt so strongly about black slavery and attached to it for both economic and social reasons that they would secede from the United States and wage a civil war rather than see the institution imperiled.

http://www.austincc.edu/lpatrick/his1693/causes.html

That being said, voting isn't just a good idea, it's your responsibility.

Yes. Thank you.

jk the sooner fan
3/6/2012, 09:28 AM
Period. End of story? I was hoping for a little more information.

i dont think i can live up to such pressure! :)

Ron Paul in the White House would be a living illustration of the Peter Principle......just my humble opinion

StoopTroup
3/6/2012, 10:15 AM
Oh, Lord, please don't mistake me for Norquist, even in jest. I don't think signing pledges
does anything except inflate Norquist's ego. I do think that the American people in general,
idle grocery store conversation, back yard BBQ, leaning on the backyard fence type people
are getting fed up and it's going to show up in November. I pick on the Pubs because I
think they share more of the blame, but it IS a two party mess and the system is truly
broken!

A good portion of Americans have had their backyard fence foreclosed on. Also....if you don't think Norquist has power over these guys.....you are missing one of the things that is also wrong in America. Lobbyists.

SoonerMom2
3/6/2012, 10:19 AM
Would love to have None of the Above on the ballot here! Bet that would get the most votes. I know who I won't vote for and that is Mitt Romney. BTW, Libertarians have enough signatures to get on the ballot in November. I have always voted for the Republican for President but ...

soonercruiser
3/6/2012, 12:20 PM
A pacifist that joined the Air Force? I don't like name calling, but you've once again proven yourself to be a total and complete moron. If you can't tell the difference between someone who doesn't believe in foreign interventionism and a pacifist then please stop commenting on politics and go back to flipping burgers in your day job.

Sorry looser! YOU are the one who resorts to name calling, didn't YOU.
But, In my 29 year AF career, I worked with many pacifists.
They saw the military as a good temp job, got their educational benefits, and left.
Saw a few even get out when pushed to deploy to a war zone!

Look at McLame! The North Vietnamese took something....of the fight out of him too.
Makes you wonder what happened to Paul? Maybe he has some critical brain damage like Obama - from drug use.
Anyone who thinks that the U.S. can just hide under a rock IS AN IDIOT!
And you......?

rock on sooner
3/6/2012, 02:01 PM
A good portion of Americans have had their backyard fence foreclosed on. Also....if you don't think Norquist has power over these guys.....you are missing one of the things that is also wrong in America. Lobbyists.

I don't doubt the hold that Norquist has at all, but I also know he has an ego the size of Texas.
He is a singular issue individual to the detriment of sound government. Those that signed his
pledge are of the same ilk. Lobbyists are a fact of political life ( I state the obvious.). I don't
think they'll ever go away. While some are well intended, others are self serving. When a
retiring legislator finds ways around the one year cooling off period, their influence is greater
since they are "fresh". Congress won't police itself so a longer cooling off period won't ever
happen. Don't know the answer...it is REALLY frustrating.

badger
3/6/2012, 02:03 PM
BTW, Libertarians have enough signatures to get on the ballot in November.

Way to go, Libertarians!

Now, I'd probably never vote for their candidate, but I applaud the effort of third parties to provoke change in Oklahoma's archaic voting ways.

We not only need third parties, we need OPEN PRIMARIES!!!!!!!!!!!

SoonerProphet
3/6/2012, 02:13 PM
Look at McLame! The North Vietnamese took something....of the fight out of him too.

Wow!! Nice way to stand up for a fellow brother in arms.

LiveLaughLove
3/6/2012, 03:49 PM
Code Pinks founder praises Ron Paul.

If Code Pink is on your side, you are waaaayyyyyy out there in left field.

Sorry, Paul won't win Oklahoma. Well, I'm really not sorry.

Mississippi Sooner
3/6/2012, 03:56 PM
Wow!! Nice way to stand up for a fellow brother in arms.

Yeah, that kind of left me speechless, too. I wouldn't wish what the North Vietnamese did to McCain on anyone. Politics aside, he gave more than his fair share.

StoopTroup
3/6/2012, 03:58 PM
Why, my dear Badger, yes I am. ;) Now, it is true that I switched my registration to Texas when living in Waco. I give you permission to hang me for treason....just vote for Ron Paul before you do it.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v313/SicEmBaylor/IMG_20120305_142931.jpg?t=1330979978

And't don't forget that Oklahoma does not = OU. ;)

So if you switched your registration to Texas, isn't the answer to Badgers ? "no I am not a registered Oklahoma Voter."

Are you committing election fraud SicEm?

You know what can happen if you are?

As far as I know there is no cross checking between states so you are left to be honorable. I surely hope that's the case if you ever want to run for Dog Catcher.

SicEmBaylor
3/6/2012, 04:37 PM
Sorry looser!
Get a brain moran!

YOU are the one who resorts to name calling, didn't YOU.
I admitted as much.

But, In my 29 year AF career, I worked with many pacifists.
They saw the military as a good temp job, got their educational benefits, and left.
Saw a few even get out when pushed to deploy to a war zone!
Great, how is this evidence that Ron Paul is a pacifist? He did go to a war zone, by the way.

You voted for the guy -- not me.

Makes you wonder what happened to Paul?
Nothing "happened" to Paul. Once again, he isn't a Pacifist. He doesn't believe in an interventionist foreign policy. I'm interested to know if you would have voted Republican back when non-interventionism was the official position.

Maybe he has some critical brain damage like Obama - from drug use.
I think you should stop trying to think.

Anyone who thinks that the U.S. can just hide under a rock IS AN IDIOT!
And you......?
Who is hiding under a rock? Paul believes in engaging diplomatically and economically with nations who have not attacked us or done us harm. He believes in fighting those who do. That is neither isolationism nor pacifism, but I know these buzz words have become popular. I also realize that most of the people who use them have never touched a dictionary.

SicEmBaylor
3/6/2012, 04:38 PM
So if you switched your registration to Texas, isn't the answer to Badgers ? "no I am not a registered Oklahoma Voter."

As far as I know there is no cross checking between states so you are left to be honorable. I surely hope that's the case if you ever want to run for Dog Catcher.

Uh, I was registered to vote in Texas when I lived in Texas. I last lived in Texas in August of 2009. Go take your meds, you're having trouble keeping up.

salth2o
3/6/2012, 05:02 PM

a Democrat gets re-elected??? :confused: