PDA

View Full Version : Any current or former OU students

PalmettoSooner
3/5/2012, 12:36 PM
that is working on or completed their degree from OU in the College of Liberal Studies (online)? This is my first semester at OU (Majoring in Criminal Justice) and about to wrap up my first 8 week course. Anyone that has taken this program...have any advice (i.e what are the hard/easy courses, etc.) on what to expect?

olevetonahill
3/5/2012, 12:42 PM
that is working on or completed their degree from OU in the College of Liberal Studies (online)? This is my first semester at OU (Majoring in Criminal Justice) and about to wrap up my first 8 week course. Anyone that has taken this program...have any advice (i.e what are the hard/easy courses, etc.) on what to expect?

Dont have a clue
Hope this helps.

PalmettoSooner
3/5/2012, 12:53 PM
Dont have a clue
Hope this helps.

Not really :congratulatory: but thanks anyway

olevetonahill
3/5/2012, 01:11 PM
Not really :congratulatory: but thanks anyway

I do my best fer fellow Sooners

badger
3/5/2012, 01:30 PM
I had a co-worker that was going for a masters via the continuing program online through OU. He had a book open every day in the break room at lunch.

I also remember tons of non-traditional age students (like grandfather to middle aged mother types) in the general elective level classes that had been taking online courses but decided to take some courses (they happened to both be Spanish language classes) via the classroom route. Methinks there are definitely some courses you can blow off and take online, and some that it's best to be in the classroom for, hence them being there for Spanish courses, but not others.

That's all I got. Sorry :(

olevetonahill
3/5/2012, 01:42 PM
I had a co-worker that was going for a masters via the continuing program online through OU. He had a book open every day in the break room at lunch.

I also remember tons of non-traditional age students (like grandfather to middle aged mother types) in the general elective level classes that had been taking online courses but decided to take some courses (they happened to both be Spanish language classes) via the classroom route. Methinks there are definitely some courses you can blow off and take online, and some that it's best to be in the classroom for, hence them being there for Spanish courses, but not others.

That's all I got. Sorry :(

You wernt as much help as I was but at least you tried .

StoopTroup
3/5/2012, 02:09 PM
Can't a Counselor help you with that? I know some times they aren't much help but when I went there at OU-Tulsa they were pretty helpful but that was quite a few years ago.

PalmettoSooner
3/5/2012, 02:56 PM
Thanks anyways

Soonerjeepman
3/5/2012, 04:35 PM
actually never attended OU...lived out of state and I was lucky to get to ksu my first yr....Grew up an OU fan by virtue of family in Medford..had an uncle and aunt that went there...uncle is a Doc...AND hey didn't have online classes back then...hell don't even think the internet was common..lol...

oh...so I guess I have no answer for ya...enjoy your college life!!!

olevetonahill
3/5/2012, 04:41 PM
Thanks anyways
Let me know if I can be of any further help.

yermom
3/5/2012, 05:06 PM
I avoided the Liberal Studies capstone, that's all I got...

I get the impression that CLS classes are a lot of work, but not that hard

SoonerDood
3/5/2012, 05:57 PM
I'm doing the CLS thing, but with a different degree plan. Online classes are much easier. Teachers are much more lenient, as they realize life gets in the way. My best advice is to stay on top of your classwork.

SanJoaquinSooner
3/5/2012, 06:37 PM
vet won't steer you wrong.

PalmettoSooner
3/5/2012, 06:47 PM
I'm doing the CLS thing, but with a different degree plan. Online classes are much easier. Teachers are much more lenient, as they realize life gets in the way. My best advice is to stay on top of your classwork.

Yeah...the classes so far hasn't been very hard...just a lot of writing involved.

8timechamps
3/5/2012, 06:54 PM

Yep. The subject itself isn't that difficult, it's the (my experience) amount of work assigned. I completed my masters via CLS. With kids and a career, it was the perfect way to do it.

PalmettoSooner
3/5/2012, 07:28 PM

Yep. The subject itself isn't that difficult, it's the (my experience) amount of work assigned. I completed my masters via CLS. With kids and a career, it was the perfect way to do it.

I transferred in a lot of classes and only have a couple of General Education classes left. So far, the classes are not hard but they give ya a lot of work to do. My next class is a US History class and it looks like I will have 2 five page essays and a quiz to take. Granted they give two weeks to complete the assignment, but what makes it hard is working full time. Anyways, I've enjoyed it so far. Only 60 hours away from getting my OU degree:congratulatory: