PDA

View Full Version : Demonstrators greet Santorum in OKC (video)

badger
3/5/2012, 08:18 AM
6JOiyjv9JMI

EDIT: NSFW, there's a s-word in it around the middle.

REDREX
3/5/2012, 08:36 AM
His bus passed us on 412 early Sunday afternoon

rock on sooner
3/5/2012, 08:52 AM
Sure was a lot of intellect on display there...

ictsooner7
3/5/2012, 01:17 PM
Welcome to republican politics, I don’t care how many people I have to shout down and/or intimidate to exercise my freedom of speech. Compare this with how Kerry handled the flip flop pounders.

okie52
3/5/2012, 01:22 PM
"Get your hate outta of my state".

LOL

badger
3/5/2012, 01:26 PM
"Get your hate outta of my state".

LOL

Yeah... me posting that video is not an endorsement of crashing a candidate's rally or anything, I just thought the entire video was hilarious and thought you all, regardless of your political affiliation (or candidate support) would enjoy.

I especially like the part where the Santorum sign gets ripped to the point that it has no letters left on it, but the Santorum guy hold up the little ripped corner in the anti-Santorum guy's face anyway... and the anti guy makes a biting motion at it.

Politics is funny to be a neutral observer of :)

rock on sooner
3/5/2012, 01:27 PM
Wonder if anyone heard what Santorum was trying to say.....

okie52
3/5/2012, 01:28 PM
Yeah... me posting that video is not an endorsement of crashing a candidate's rally or anything, I just thought the entire video was hilarious and thought you all, regardless of your political affiliation (or candidate support) would enjoy.

I especially like the part where the Santorum sign gets ripped to the point that it has no letters left on it, but the Santorum guy hold up the little ripped corner in the anti-Santorum guy's face anyway... and the anti guy makes a biting motion at it.

Politics is funny to be a neutral observer of :)

Doesn't appear Santorum is very popular with the gays or some women's groups. Shocker!!!

Bourbon St Sooner
3/5/2012, 01:50 PM
Welcome to republican politics, I don’t care how many people I have to shout down and/or intimidate to exercise my freedom of speech. Compare this with how Kerry handled the flip flop pounders.

Which one was you?

Midtowner
3/5/2012, 02:01 PM

They were disrupting a planned rally and causing a physical confrontation. That skinny blonde haired guy who ripped the Romney sign should be charged for assault and battery. Neither side played it very well. The big failure here was in the fact that the person who allowed the event to be booked didn't have the foresight to have some security present.

badger
3/5/2012, 02:54 PM
So apparently someone tried to crash Rick's party in Broken Arrow (it's just outside of Tulsa) yesterday too:

6QrJYlipBKE

StoopTroup
3/5/2012, 03:14 PM
Is ripping a political sign that's stuffed in your face, assault and battery?

Hey folks! Welcome to Freedom of Speech. If folks don't agree with you, they have the right to show up in public and let you know what they think.

Next time plan your rally in a place you can control the crowd? It's not like it hasn't been done before.

I don't get the Goons that tried to fight the crowd. You can't shut people up by wrapping your political banner around their mouth. It only makes it worse.

Hell just watching that, it sounded like Santorum was trying to out scream the crowd with an amplifier. Maybe he should have just turned up the volume. That will get folks to listen....lol

TUSooner
3/5/2012, 03:36 PM
There's something about noisy demonstrators that 99% of the time says, "We're whiny losers!!" Even if I agree with their aims,* I don't really like to see people acting like angry 4-year-olds.

*Telling Santorum that he's an arrogant sanctimonious donkey's behind is a good aim.

StoopTroup
3/5/2012, 04:38 PM
The Goons sticking signs in their face made me feel the same way but I'm not sure that you have been paying attention TU. I mean....even if you don't like the tactics, it's what's been happening in Egypt, Liyba, Iran, Syria etc.

The way people are organizing these anti movements is incredible. They have showed that they can effectively changed the way the news is reported and how the masses have responded to things that outrage them.

We should probably take notice instead of what I've seen folks say about the 99 percenters and even the folks in this rally. The tactics work and whether you like them or not, people are using them more and more. Technology is changing the way we live.

LiveLaughLove
3/5/2012, 05:56 PM
It's typical. Go as a conservative speaker to any college campus and see if you actually get to speak to your constituents without being disrupted. Freedom of speech only goes as far as it agrees with these peoples politics. When it doesn't they simply want to shout you down and not allow you to voice your political beliefs.

Watch a pro-Israel speaker at a college. Some Hamas types will be there to disrupt and shout down. They don't believe in free speech. They only believe in their speech.

Just because the rally was in the open is no excuse for the disruption. ST are you saying that conservatives can only rally behind closed doors? The people with the signs (Goons? Seriously? exaggerate much do we?) would not have sought those people out to stick those signs in their faces had they been being peaceable and not trying to disrupt Santorum. The yeller's started it pure and simple, because they have no respect for other opinions, only their own. Shame on them.

rock on sooner
3/5/2012, 07:37 PM
It's typical. Go as a conservative speaker to any college campus and see if you actually get to speak to your constituents without being disrupted. Freedom of speech only goes as far as it agrees with these peoples politics. When it doesn't they simply want to shout you down and not allow you to voice your political beliefs.

Watch a pro-Israel speaker at a college. Some Hamas types will be there to disrupt and shout down. They don't believe in free speech. They only believe in their speech.

Just because the rally was in the open is no excuse for the disruption. ST are you saying that conservatives can only rally behind closed doors? The people with the signs (Goons? Seriously? exaggerate much do we?) would not have sought those people out to stick those signs in their faces had they been being peaceable and not trying to disrupt Santorum. The yeller's started it pure and simple, because they have no respect for other opinions, only their own. Shame on them.

Triple L, only thing here is you seem to paint ALL colleges as liberal, not just here but some other posts.
Granted, many more are than aren't (nature of the beast?) but ORU, Bob Jones U. and Liberty all come
to mind....

LiveLaughLove
3/5/2012, 08:18 PM
Triple L, only thing here is you seem to paint ALL colleges as liberal, not just here but some other posts.
Granted, many more are than aren't (nature of the beast?) but ORU, Bob Jones U. and Liberty all come
to mind....

Well rock on, for every single Liberty there are 500+ liberal ones, so I don't feel that I am slighting anyone by making that blanket indictment. And that includes virtually every state university in every state. The ones you named are private schools. Name just one public university that is majority conservative in its teaching and students views. I don't think you can, but maybe.

Still, the deck is stacked very very heavily to the liberal world view. So my statement stands. And for sure the way I described they act stands. The scream intolerance while being the most intolerant, but that's always the way. Orwellian speak is alive and well in liberalism.

http://www.nationalreview.com/phi-beta-cons/292031/occupy-students-shout-down-brewer-nathan-harden
http://www.therightscoop.com/unhinged-heckler-tries-to-shut-down-pro-israel-event-at-uc-davis/
http://www.imemc.org/article/60671
http://www.newsmax.com/InsideCover/Protest-Cancels-Coulter-Ottawa/2010/03/24/id/353710?s=al&promo_code=9A41-1
http://archive.frontpagemag.com/readArticle.aspx?ARTID=28633

I could do this literally all night and not run out of examples of students stifling free speech. Those are the goons.

East Coast Bias
3/5/2012, 08:50 PM
Well rock on, for every single Liberty there are 500+ liberal ones, so I don't feel that I am slighting anyone by making that blanket indictment. And that includes virtually every state university in every state. The ones you named are private schools. Name just one public university that is majority conservative in its teaching and students views. I don't think you can, but maybe.

Still, the deck is stacked very very heavily to the liberal world view. So my statement stands. And for sure the way I described they act stands. The scream intolerance while being the most intolerant, but that's always the way. Orwellian speak is alive and well in liberalism.

http://www.nationalreview.com/phi-beta-cons/292031/occupy-students-shout-down-brewer-nathan-harden
http://www.therightscoop.com/unhinged-heckler-tries-to-shut-down-pro-israel-event-at-uc-davis/
http://www.imemc.org/article/60671
http://www.newsmax.com/InsideCover/Protest-Cancels-Coulter-Ottawa/2010/03/24/id/353710?s=al&promo_code=9A41-1
http://archive.frontpagemag.com/readArticle.aspx?ARTID=28633

I could do this literally all night and not run out of examples of students stifling free speech. Those are the goons.

Only more proof for what it pretty obvious. Liberals are more educated. Mid-towner shared the stats with us in an earlier thread.

Turd_Ferguson
3/5/2012, 08:57 PM
Only more proof for what it pretty obvious. Liberals are more educated. Mid-towner shared the stats with us in an earlier thread.That's some of the funniest **** I've read in a while...hahahahahahahahahahahaha!

LiveLaughLove
3/5/2012, 10:01 PM
Only more proof for what it pretty obvious. Liberals are more educated. Mid-towner shared the stats with us in an earlier thread.

If that makes you sleep better.

Of course, I've always held to "those that can, do. Those that can't, become has-been hippy college professors". But that's just me.

rock on sooner
3/5/2012, 10:16 PM
Triple L, I don't know enough about all the state universities to provide an answer to your request.
But, you know, I'll wager that on nearly every one, if not all, those universities you'll find a vibrant
Young Republican chapter that is active on campus and off. Libs do allow for free thinking, last
I checked. And, do you have on file the resumes of the instructors at those three private schools?
Be interesting to see if any of them are has-been hippies (or, maybe some of them saw the light
and crossed over...):playful:

OhU1
3/5/2012, 10:24 PM
Sure it's free speech, too bad the emphasis is to outshout someone else trying to speak. I'm no fan of the wing-nut right, but few things are more grating than the simplistic slogan yelling so typical of the left over the last 50 years.

rock on sooner
3/5/2012, 10:35 PM
I just checked...there are active Young Republican chapters in every state. So, we find so few
private conservative schools, one can only assume the chapters are alive and well on many of
those liberal campuses.

soonercruiser
3/6/2012, 12:07 AM
Doesn't appear Santorum is very popular with the gays or some women's groups. Shocker!!!

I think that it was the left-overs of the Occupy OKC and Tulsa crowd!
Hate anything that moves right!
:single_eye:

TUSooner
3/6/2012, 10:23 AM
The Goons sticking signs in their face made me feel the same way but I'm not sure that you have been paying attention TU. I mean....even if you don't like the tactics, it's what's been happening in Egypt, Liyba, Iran, Syria etc.

The way people are organizing these anti movements is incredible. They have showed that they can effectively changed the way the news is reported and how the masses have responded to things that outrage them.

We should probably take notice instead of what I've seen folks say about the 99 percenters and even the folks in this rally. The tactics work and whether you like them or not, people are using them more and more. Technology is changing the way we live.

Yes, perhaps my 99% was too big, but I did stop short of 100%. :wink:

StoopTroup
3/6/2012, 10:47 AM
heh

StoopTroup
3/6/2012, 11:02 AM
ST are you saying that conservatives can only rally behind closed doors?

Good God. Open your eyes.

Sticking the signs in their face only made things worse. They have the right to walk the streets. What I said was Technology is allowing them to organize against the people they do not like. You might not like it. I'm sure the British didn't like Thomas Payne. It's what makes our Country Great. It's why those that are on this very same board saying that they don't want misinformed voters going to the polls today are completely out of touch with what is happening in our Country. Everyone has a Cell Phone these days and many have Texting and Internet. People have access now that they never have had before. It's why Obama got elected in 2008 and why he's going to get elected in 2012. The GOP, especially guys like Santorum who are trying to woo voters aren't paying attention. They continue to employ the past ways of winning an election. If you are going to have a Public Forum these days.....you better be able to control the crowds that show up against you. Obama for example....he shows up at Businesses and Organizations that he can speak at. There are very few showing up with rallies like you see in this video. What ends up on the Nightly news is important. In this case Rick not only allowed all his supporters to act out against the opposition he basically got shouted out of Town.

You can call "Shame on them"....but that also isn't going to change the current climate that politicians face. They are getting more and more Face Time as they seem to have more and more folks running for GOP Candidate every four years. The Party is lost and if there is shame.....it's on the party that continues to attack itself worse than the Tribe that showed up in OKC.