PDA

View Full Version : Which of you Beyonces went to the OPERA last night?

proud gonzo
3/4/2012, 11:05 AM
If you didn't go, you missed out! Opera man was fantastic. Even my uncle, who was seeing his first opera ever, was happily surprised by how much he enjoyed it.

There's going to be another one in the fall and one in the spring!

Iphingénie en Tauride
Music by Christoph Willibald von Gluck, Libretto by François Guillard based on Euripides
In the Reynolds Performing Arts Center, October 18-21, 2012

Falstaff
Music by Giuseppe Verdi, Libretto by Arrigo Boito based on Shakespeare
In the Reynolds Performing Arts Center, March 7-10, 2013

Mark your calendars! Make plans! Get culture!

olevetonahill
3/4/2012, 01:09 PM
I dint make it, Wanted to

Let us know the date Will, will be performing and Ill do my best to make the next one

StoopTroup
3/4/2012, 02:57 PM
We had some stuff come up that had to do with the end of sports for the kids that day. I almost bought tickets and went but checked with the Wife to make sure we could go and it was just impossible for us.

I'm happy to hear things went well PG. Please tell Will we are sorry to have missed out on what surely was awesome sause.

C&CDean
3/4/2012, 06:49 PM
Lisa failed to call you. I axed her to. I got sent to ****ing Mankato, Minnesota on Friday night. Just rolled back in about 10 minutes ago. She did get the tickets Chuck donated to us to some folks who did go though. I'm sure it was the allsome.

Next one for sure dammit.

Mjcpr
3/4/2012, 07:43 PM
Lisa failed to call you. I axed her to. I got sent to ****ing Mankato, Minnesota on Friday night. Just rolled back in about 10 minutes ago. She did get the tickets Chuck donated to us to some folks who did go though. I'm sure it was the allsome.

Did Almonzo go with you? Mr Edwards?

SicEmBaylor
3/4/2012, 07:52 PM
You f'n hillbillies lack the culture.

StoopTroup
3/4/2012, 08:56 PM

No doubt. SicEm doesn't know that some of us have had the honor of seeing Will sing so his little culture comment is as pertinent as a Proctologist telling us about the time he had SicEm have him remove a Zima bottle from SicEm's anus after a he took SicEm Ex's fiancé to a male strip club on his bachelor party.

Phil
3/5/2012, 09:45 AM

You're retired. Who the hell has the stroke to send you to Mankato, Minnesota against your will besides Momma?

C&CDean
3/5/2012, 11:09 AM
You're retired. Who the hell has the stroke to send you to Mankato, Minnesota against your will besides Momma?

Heh. The Benjamins. Lots and lots of them.

proud gonzo
3/5/2012, 05:37 PM
Hahaha, that's a good enough reason for me, Dean! Sorry you missed it. There'll be a DVD of it probably by this fall. Maybe we'll pass it around so everybody can see it :)

StoopTroup
3/6/2012, 11:34 AM
Dean is dating some dude named Benjamin? Good Gawd....I'm never gonna retire. :D ;)

Chuck Bao
3/6/2012, 01:17 PM
I'd change my name but the Dean hotness would totally burn me to a cinder.

With that being said, I am so up for another opera and I'll trust that PG will give us another opportunity to get some culture and enjoy it for what it is. Girl, you got a fan base. If you let us down, our culture is not so forgiving - I could start burning coaches or some such.

cccasooner2
3/8/2012, 05:55 PM
I dint make it, Wanted to

Let us know the date Will, will be performing and Ill do my best to make the next one

Do it. The intromissions between acts are breathtaking.