PDA

View Full Version : NIT?

S.PadreIsl.Sooner
3/3/2012, 09:21 PM
If the Sooners win on Wednesday they will be no worse than 16-16.

Is that good enough to make the NIT?

Sooner95
3/3/2012, 09:56 PM
No chance.

S.PadreIsl.Sooner
3/3/2012, 10:00 PM
Bummer!

Eielson
3/3/2012, 10:06 PM
NCAA or bust!

Sooner95
3/3/2012, 10:33 PM
Yea I was hoping for NIT this year myself. I did not think we had NCAA chances, but playing in the NIT would have been nice post season experience.

Let's beat aTm again next week then take our chances against KU.

jk the sooner fan
3/3/2012, 11:05 PM
i hope they luck their way in to the NIT - the tournament experience couldnt hurt them for next year

Sooner95
3/3/2012, 11:35 PM
For those wondering. The CIT (Collegeinsider Tourney) does not select teams from the power conferences.

2012 CIT Media Guide (http://www.collegeinsider.com/tournament/images/2012CIT-web.pdf)

I'm still checking on the CBI but in the past they generally do not take teams from the power conf either.

Sooner95
3/3/2012, 11:40 PM
CBI has taken a team or 2 each year from a power conf. Guess there is a shot, but our conf records blows so I highly doubt it.

Collier11
3/4/2012, 11:39 PM
if we win on Wed we have a shot at the NIT, unless im wrong you only have to have a non-losing record to qualify

S.PadreIsl.Sooner
3/5/2012, 03:32 PM
if we win on Wed we have a shot at the NIT, unless im wrong you only have to have a non-losing record to qualify

That's what I think, too. But the University has to really get behind the program to get them in. I hope it happens. But, gotta win on Wednesday.

badger
3/5/2012, 04:16 PM
That's what I think, too. But the University has to really get behind the program to get them in. I hope it happens. But, gotta win on Wednesday.

Yeah, I've heard of programs turning down NIT in the past for whatever reason... money involved in travel/hosting/etc. But, it would be cool for our team to earn a bid.

Soonerjeepman
3/5/2012, 04:22 PM
I'd say chance is slim...horrible road record...but agree I'd think every player and coach would welcome an NIT bid...

Salt City Sooner
3/5/2012, 05:40 PM
To qualify per se, it's true that you only have to have a winning record, but lately they've been concentrating on getting the best records that they can. There were 5 teams in the entire field last year that ended the season with less than 20 wins, & WSU won it with their 29th. I'd love to see it, but you're definitely not going to be catching me holding my breath on it either.

badger
3/5/2012, 05:49 PM
OK now people, I said it on ouhoops, so I'll say it here:

Call me Lloyd Christmas, but this season is NOT over with yet!

All those 50-50 games that if we could have just held on for the second half we would have won? Maybe something will finally click now that the postseason is on the line.

Maybe all of our regular season failures will cause teams to overlook us if they're staring the prospect of playing a bigtime Big 12 program in the "next" game in the tournament.

Maybe teams will have injuries, fatigue, or terribly timed suspensions (thanks again for that tourney win last year, Baylor!).

Maybe, just maybe, this team's postseason will not just consist of the Big 12 tournament.

8timechamps
3/5/2012, 06:57 PM
OK now people, I said it on ouhoops, so I'll say it here:

Call me Lloyd Christmas, but this season is NOT over with yet!

All those 50-50 games that if we could have just held on for the second half we would have won? Maybe something will finally click now that the postseason is on the line.

Maybe all of our regular season failures will cause teams to overlook us if they're staring the prospect of playing a bigtime Big 12 program in the "next" game in the tournament.

Maybe teams will have injuries, fatigue, or terribly timed suspensions (thanks again for that tourney win last year, Baylor!).

Maybe, just maybe, this team's postseason will not just consist of the Big 12 tournament.

Stranger things have happened.