PDA

View Full Version : Breitbart Dead at 43

Midtowner
3/1/2012, 11:17 AM
I don't care what your political leanings are, he did contribute to the discussion and he was most certainly a true believer. I'll miss his particular brand of crazy (and I don't mean that in any bad sort of way).

TUSooner
3/1/2012, 11:32 AM
Forgive me, but I was more fascinated to see that his father-in-law was Orson Bean, whose name I had not seen or heard for a very long time.

EDIT: Evidently, I would have heard Orson Bean frequently if I watched more TV; he's been rather busy. I never would have pegged him as a "conservative Christian." (I hope that doesn't mean he's a Santorumian.)

okie52
3/1/2012, 11:34 AM
Forgive me, but I was more fascinated to see that his father-in-law was Orson Bean, whose name I had not seen or heard for a very long time.

I think Orson bean is now on desperate housewives.

TUSooner
3/1/2012, 12:21 PM
Obviously, I am not paying due attention to Mr. Breitbart's passing, but I was fascinated to hear Orson Bean's "witness" as to how he finally came to be "found by" Jesus (for lack of a better term). I can't say I would agree wholly with his enthusiasm for the politcal right. but he seems like a very reasonable guy, and it's nice to hear him speak of Jesus in a disarmingly normal sort of way. You can google "orson bean youtube" if you want to see. The guy has a very sharp mind and wit at age 80-whatever.

diverdog
3/1/2012, 01:30 PM
Wow 43 is way to young to die. I did not agree with his politics all the time but he was great at his job. He was a true pioneer, helped establish some great businesses like Huff Post and his own websites. To be really blunt I will miss him far more than Whitney Houston who totally wasted much of her life. Had he lived AB would continue to be a powerful voice in politics. He was also one of my favorite guest on the Bill Maher show.

RIP

diverdog
3/1/2012, 01:35 PM
Sounds like a massive heart attack. I feel for his wife and 4 kids.

soonercruiser
3/1/2012, 10:49 PM
Live fast and hard, and die young!

LiveLaughLove
3/1/2012, 11:39 PM
Heartbroken for his family.

Devastated for our team.

Someone called him a supernova today. Seems about right.

soonercruiser
3/2/2012, 02:47 PM
In a battle, there are many soldiers, and many potential leaders.
When one falls, another must be ready to take up the banner and run with it!

When I was in the military, and a Unit Commander, I tried to make sure the place could run very well without me!

soonercoop1
3/2/2012, 06:25 PM
I don't care what your political leanings are, he did contribute to the discussion and he was most certainly a true believer. I'll miss his particular brand of crazy (and I don't mean that in any bad sort of way).

Miss his investigative reporting?

ictsooner7
3/2/2012, 09:05 PM

When I was in the military, and a Unit Commander, I tried to make sure the place could run very well without me!

What war was he in?

rock on sooner
3/2/2012, 10:12 PM
What war was he in?

Sorry for the loss...any death is tragic...but, gotta say, the editing job he did on Ms Brown smacked
of mean spirited racism...pure and simple!

diverdog
3/2/2012, 10:20 PM

Are they still shooting a lot of dentist in the military these days? Lol

LiveLaughLove
3/2/2012, 10:58 PM
Sorry for the loss...any death is tragic...but, gotta say, the editing job he did on Ms Brown smacked
of mean spirited racism...pure and simple!

Do you mean Shirley Sherrod? Mean spirited racism? really?

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/matthew-sheffield/2012/03/01/liberal-reporters-still-wrong-about-andrew-breitbart-and-shirley-

I'm thinkin' you are full of liberal crap. Try an enema. And at least get the name right.

Bet you hated the Acorn stuff, and Weiner weinergate too, or did those smack of mean spirited racism also?

Read the first quote in my signature line, it fits you I think.

Midtowner
3/2/2012, 11:01 PM
Miss his investigative reporting?

What he did with ACORN and others needed to be done. He was a brave man who took on some really nasty people. That said, he was a pretty nasty guy himself.

rock on sooner
3/3/2012, 03:58 PM
Do you mean Shirley Sherrod? Mean spirited racism? really?

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/matthew-sheffield/2012/03/01/liberal-reporters-still-wrong-about-andrew-breitbart-and-shirley-

I'm thinkin' you are full of liberal crap. Try an enema. And at least get the name right.

Bet you hated the Acorn stuff, and Weiner weinergate too, or did those smack of mean spirited racism also?

Read the first quote in my signature line, it fits you I think.

My apology for missing the name...I thought I'd read somewhere that it was Shirley Sherrod Brown.
But, you knew who I was talking about, obviously. As for Acorn, Breitbart did good, same with
Weinergate but his editing of Ms Sherrod's speech was not his finest hour!

Liberal crap? Nah, just LMFAO when fine upstanding citizens such as yourself open up and
stand up for demeaning, insulting drivel like the virtuous Limpbaugh, his buddy Beck, Ms
Coulter all spewing their "virtuous, never wrong in my life opinions" (and, oh BTW, if you
disagree with any of them, then you're full of liberal crap!)

Don't need an enema...regular as can be! Thank you, though, for your concern!

hawaii 5-0
3/3/2012, 05:03 PM
Way too young to die.

5-0

LiveLaughLove
3/3/2012, 07:10 PM
My apology for missing the name...I thought I'd read somewhere that it was Shirley Sherrod Brown.
But, you knew who I was talking about, obviously. As for Acorn, Breitbart did good, same with
Weinergate but his editing of Ms Sherrod's speech was not his finest hour!

Liberal crap? Nah, just LMFAO when fine upstanding citizens such as yourself open up and
stand up for demeaning, insulting drivel like the virtuous Limpbaugh, his buddy Beck, Ms
Coulter all spewing their "virtuous, never wrong in my life opinions" (and, oh BTW, if you
disagree with any of them, then you're full of liberal crap!)

Don't need an enema...regular as can be! Thank you, though, for your concern!

The liberal crap is espousing everything to "mean spirited racism". You don't know any of those people personally, but you (as is typical with liberals) are ready to blanket them as racists, as if you actually know them personally to make that judgement. A very mean spirited thing to do.

As for defending everything those talking heads say, show me where I do that. I don't agree with 100% of anything anyone says. I have in the past, listened to enough of Limbaugh to know how he stirs the pot, and he stirred it. I know that girl is a political activist plant and is fair game for attack just the same as Sarah Palin is.

I love how others want to tell me how to live my Christian life. I'll make you a deal, I'll worry about my salvation, you worry about yours. I sleep very well in the comfort of knowing what awaits me.

Reminds me of a Zig Ziglar saying, "When people tell me they don't go to church because it's full of hypocrites, I say, Friend don't let that stop you. There's always room for one more."

rock on sooner
3/3/2012, 07:35 PM
The liberal crap is espousing everything to "mean spirited racism". You don't know any of those people personally, but you (as is typical with liberals) are ready to blanket them as racists, as if you actually know them personally to make that judgement. A very mean spirited thing to do.

As for defending everything those talking heads say, show me where I do that. I don't agree with 100% of anything anyone says. I have in the past, listened to enough of Limbaugh to know how he stirs the pot, and he stirred it. I know that girl is a political activist plant and is fair game for attack just the same as Sarah Palin is.

I love how others want to tell me how to live my Christian life. I'll make you a deal, I'll worry about my salvation, you worry about yours. I sleep very well in the comfort of knowing what awaits me.

Reminds me of a Zig Ziglar saying, "When people tell me they don't go to church because it's full of hypocrites, I say, Friend don't let that stop you. There's always room for one more."

Deal, you go your way and I'll go mine.

You are absolutely correct, I do not know any of those people but I do know what they espouse. If any of them
walked into the room I'm in, I would engage them in an attempt to get "them going" and then leave. Guess
how easy that would be! And, oh BTW, racism isn't hard to spot..seen it all my life...from both black and white!
I've worked in Oklahoma hay fields with blacks, I've been in barracks that were 75% black, I've seen the white
people only bathrooms in the South and watched very good friends look puzzled when faced with it. Yeah, you
sanctimonious know-it-all, I know racism when I see it! Hypocrite? Humph, See you at the top!

LiveLaughLove
3/3/2012, 09:24 PM
Deal, you go your way and I'll go mine.

You are absolutely correct, I do not know any of those people but I do know what they espouse. If any of them
walked into the room I'm in, I would engage them in an attempt to get "them going" and then leave. Guess
how easy that would be! And, oh BTW, racism isn't hard to spot..seen it all my life...from both black and white!
I've worked in Oklahoma hay fields with blacks, I've been in barracks that were 75% black, I've seen the white
people only bathrooms in the South and watched very good friends look puzzled when faced with it. Yeah, you
sanctimonious know-it-all, I know racism when I see it! Hypocrite? Humph, See you at the top!

If you think Breitbart was a racist then you really don't know racism, and certainly don't have a clue about him. You know political opposition that you dislike and so you call it racism to shut it down and dismiss it. You can't quote one racist thing that Breitbart has ever said.

You "think" you know what he did to Sherrod, but as usual, you only know it from the MSM perspective, which is like getting it from Nancy Pelosi or Maxine Waters. Oops, I used a black woman's name, guess that makes me a racist too. At least as much of one as Breitbart.

http://www.andrewklavan.com/2011/03/28/breitbart-in-context/

You won't read it, and it won't change your mind, but I'm posting it anyway in fairness to Breitbart. He did say in the original story that she eventually helped the farmer by sending him to "one of his own kind" lawyer. Hmm. Wonder what she meant by that?

rock on sooner
3/4/2012, 01:51 PM
If you think Breitbart was a racist then you really don't know racism, and certainly don't have a clue about him. You know political opposition that you dislike and so you call it racism to shut it down and dismiss it. You can't quote one racist thing that Breitbart has ever said.

You "think" you know what he did to Sherrod, but as usual, you only know it from the MSM perspective, which is like getting it from Nancy Pelosi or Maxine Waters. Oops, I used a black woman's name, guess that makes me a racist too. At least as much of one as Breitbart.

http://www.andrewklavan.com/2011/03/28/breitbart-in-context/

You won't read it, and it won't change your mind, but I'm posting it anyway in fairness to Breitbart. He did say in the original story that she eventually helped the farmer by sending him to "one of his own kind" lawyer. Hmm. Wonder what she meant by that?

Wrong, I did read it and, right, I didn't change my mind. Any way you spin it, Breitbart was wrong to edit
the speech the way he did. He could have done things differently and probably accomplished what he
wanted to. And, FYI, there is political opposition that I dislike and I don't brand it as racism and dismiss
it. If that were true, I wouldn't be engaged in this discussion with you. To your credit, you are passionate
in your beliefs and in your presentation of those beliefs. I just as strongly disagree with some of what you
say. I don't call your beliefs "conservative crap" and suggest voiding your bowels as a remedy.

LiveLaughLove
3/4/2012, 03:10 PM
Wrong, I did read it and, right, I didn't change my mind. Any way you spin it, Breitbart was wrong to edit
the speech the way he did. He could have done things differently and probably accomplished what he
wanted to. And, FYI, there is political opposition that I dislike and I don't brand it as racism and dismiss
it. If that were true, I wouldn't be engaged in this discussion with you. To your credit, you are passionate
in your beliefs and in your presentation of those beliefs. I just as strongly disagree with some of what you
say. I don't call your beliefs "conservative crap" and suggest voiding your bowels as a remedy.

OK, I'm going to try this once more. Breitbart himself said the way it got edited ended up being wrong, so I don't disagree with you on that point. I would be disagreeing with Breitbart himself. He was not, however, going after Shirley Sherrod with that video. He was going after the NAACP people in the crowd. Their reactions to her telling the story about the white farmer and how she didn't want to help him. They reacted positively toward her racism. He said in the very printing of the video that Sherrod herself had an epiphany and ended up somewhat helping the guy. The NAACP had been screaming racism charges at the TEA Party folks leading up to the printing of the video (he also offered $100,000 to anyone with proof of racism from the TEA Party, no one ever collected). He was attempting to show how they themselves were the racists. It could have been any speaker, it just happened to be her. She was NOT the target. The NAACP crowd was.

If anyone should be blamed for over-reacting to the video, maybe it should be Dear Leader who immediately fired her.

Breitbart did not act in a "mean spirited racist" manner, he never has. I will once more say, produce the racist quotes from him. You won't be able to, because there are none.

No you didn't use the word "crap", I did. You just used "racist", a far worse word. That's a dangerous word to so lightly throw around, and one I don't tolerate without a vigorous fight and demanding of proof, not just "I know it when I see it". Actual proof.

I don't think you are a bad person for having said it (not that what I think, matters to you), just wrong in this case and too quick to use that word.

rock on sooner
3/4/2012, 03:49 PM
Okay, I guess Ms. Sherrod was collateral damage...too bad Breitbart wasn't a better bomb thrower. And, it is easy
to assume racism is present when a white person or group goes after a black person or group and vice versa. It
is easy to assume because that is usually what it is...the NAACP is a culprit in this, too.

Yes, I know it when I see it and you do, too!

LiveLaughLove
3/4/2012, 04:03 PM
Okay, I guess Ms. Sherrod was collateral damage...too bad Breitbart wasn't a better bomb thrower. And, it is easy
to assume racism is present when a white person or group goes after a black person or group and vice versa. It
is easy to assume because that is usually what it is...the NAACP is a culprit in this, too.

Yes, I know it when I see it and you do, too!

So by your standard, everyone opposed to Obama (a black man) that is white, is a racist? How ridiculous that is.

And also, Obama going after white Republicans makes him a racist too?

Castiglione is a racist, he fired a black man. Herman Cain is a racist, he has fired white men. Any white man that disparages Alan West is a racist, but Alan West is a racist too, because he has disparaged white liberals.

This is fun. What about us American Indians, can we play? If people come after any of us, are they racist too? So you're a racist then rock, since you have come after me. You racist! Hey man, I know it when I see it!

I bet you were thinking about calling me squaw man or wagon burner weren't you? Racist. I could get used to this. hehe.

It might be "easy to assume" things, but it doesn't mean they are accurate assumptions. Once more, show me the actual proof of racism that you levied against the man. You can't and you won't.

Have a blessed day, rock (and I mean that). I gotta get back to work.

rock on sooner
3/4/2012, 04:35 PM
So by your standard, everyone opposed to Obama (a black man) that is white, is a racist? How ridiculous that is.

And also, Obama going after white Republicans makes him a racist too?

Castiglione is a racist, he fired a black man. Herman Cain is a racist, he has fired white men. Any white man that disparages Alan West is a racist, but Alan West is a racist too, because he has disparaged white liberals.

This is fun. What about us American Indians, can we play? If people come after any of us, are they racist too? So you're a racist then rock, since you have come after me. You racist! Hey man, I know it when I see it!

I bet you were thinking about calling me squaw man or wagon burner weren't you? Racist. I could get used to this. hehe.

It might be "easy to assume" things, but it doesn't mean they are accurate assumptions. Once more, show me the actual proof of racism that you levied against the man. You can't and you won't.

Have a blessed day, rock (and I mean that). I gotta get back to work.

That's quite a leap you just made! I only make reference to the things I see and hear
that fit the category. Not one of the examples you listed above would qualify, and you know it!
Besides, it would go against my Cherokee heritage to make any cracks about burning
wagons!

Turd_Ferguson
3/4/2012, 05:20 PM
That's quite a leap you just made! I only make reference to the things I see and hear
that fit the category. Not one of the examples you listed above would qualify, and you know it!
Besides, it would go against my Cherokee heritage to make any cracks about burning
wagons!Way to back peddle out of a hammer down...

Midtowner
3/4/2012, 06:06 PM
Really? Conservative = racist? What exactly is the evidence to support this?

Breitbart was a divisive character, but he did strive to tell the truth. Some of his methods were genius. I don't think I've ever seen anyone manipulate the news cycles quite so deftly. Agree with him or not, he was a voice worth listening to. I do hope someone steps in to fill the void he leaves.

Compare his contribution to our media with someone like Anne Coulter. It's not even close.

rock on sooner
3/4/2012, 06:54 PM
Way to back peddle out of a hammer down...

Yep, I'm not changing my mind and he SURE isn't changing his.

rock on sooner
3/4/2012, 06:59 PM
Really? Conservative = racist? What exactly is the evidence to support this?

Breitbart was a divisive character, but he did strive to tell the truth. Some of his methods were genius. I don't think I've ever seen anyone manipulate the news cycles quite so deftly. Agree with him or not, he was a voice worth listening to. I do hope someone steps in to fill the void he leaves.

Compare his contribution to our media with someone like Anne Coulter. It's not even close.

I don't remember anyone saying conservative = racist....racism is alive with the left, too. There
are divisive characters on both sides...but, you gotta admit, the far right has more exposure, with Fox,
Limpbaugh, Beck, Hannity, the aforementioned Ms. Coulter. The left has tried, with Air America the
most recent, but the right is better at it.

Midtowner
3/4/2012, 07:04 PM
I don't remember anyone saying conservative = racist....racism is alive with the left, too. There
are divisive characters on both sides...but, you gotta admit, the far right has more exposure, with Fox,
Limpbaugh, Beck, Hannity, the aforementioned Ms. Coulter. The left has tried, with Air America the
most recent, but the right is better at it.

I'm not sure those people are racist. I don't see anything innately objectionable with Fox unless you're also making a similar objection to the commentary on MSNBC. Both sides have valid points to make. You just have to be smart enough to sort through the BS on your own.

Turd_Ferguson
3/4/2012, 08:22 PM
I'm not sure those people are racist. I don't see anything innately objectionable with Fox unless you're also making a similar objection to the commentary on MSNBC. Both sides have valid points to make. You just have to be smart enough to sort through the BS on your own.You must not have grown up in the small town of Long Island...

rock on sooner
3/4/2012, 08:44 PM
I'm not sure those people are racist. I don't see anything innately objectionable with Fox unless you're also making a similar objection to the commentary on MSNBC. Both sides have valid points to make. You just have to be smart enough to sort through the BS on your own.

You misunderstood...my point was that the right is much better at "expressing" their viewpoints. I agree about MSNBC,
sometimes they, too, are obnoxious with their spouts. Boy, you need a front loader to sort through the BS.

SicEmBaylor
3/4/2012, 08:58 PM
There isn't a lot that I want to add to this discussion other than to say this: Ensure you that you properly label Fox News, Ann Coulter and her punditry ilk, and the talk radio bozos as 'right-wing' and not 'conservative.' Though it's often difficult to separate the two, there is a difference between being 'right-wing' and 'conservative.'

rock on sooner
3/5/2012, 08:46 AM
There isn't a lot that I want to add to this discussion other than to say this: Ensure you that you properly label Fox News, Ann Coulter and her punditry ilk, and the talk radio bozos as 'right-wing' and not 'conservative.' Though it's often difficult to separate the two, there is a difference between being 'right-wing' and 'conservative.'

Excellent point, although even the right-wingers label themselves conservative, sometimes even with a straight face!

Turd_Ferguson
3/5/2012, 04:45 PM
Excellent point, although even the right-wingers label themselves conservative, sometimes even with a straight face!Seems to me your definition of an conservative is just a little left of center....anything past that is a "right-winger"...

TUSooner
3/5/2012, 04:56 PM
Seems to me your definition of an conservative is just a little left of center....anything past that is a "right-winger"...

I doubt that Wm. F. Buckley, Barry Goldwater, or Ronald Reagan would use "conservative" to describe the religious loonies and puritan extremists of today's Republican party. And it's precisely because the right wing has isolated itself in an echo chamber and dismissed all other viewpoints with a sneer and the epithet "liberal". The current herd of right wing zombies thinks Limbaugh is the center and calls everything to his left a part of the liberal conspiracy.

rock on sooner
3/5/2012, 05:10 PM
[QUOTE=Turd_Ferguson;3458731]Seems to me your definition of an conservative is just a little left of center....anything past that is a "right-winger"...[QUOTE]

Sorry, wrong direction, McConnell, Hatch, Kantor, Ryan, Az gov Brewer, Wisc gov Walker, Indiana gov Daniels are
conservative, all right of center. TEA partiers like Bachmann, IA's King, two of the Fab Four not named Romney
and Paul are farther right, dangerously close to "right wingers", as well the party spokesman, Limpbaugh and
his pals.

Turd_Ferguson
3/5/2012, 05:18 PM
[QUOTE=Turd_Ferguson;3458731]Seems to me your definition of an conservative is just a little left of center....anything past that is a "right-winger"...[QUOTE]

Sorry, wrong direction, McConnell, Hatch, Kantor, Ryan, Az gov Brewer, Wisc gov Walker, Indiana gov Daniels are
conservative, all right of center. TEA partiers like Bachmann, IA's King, two of the Fab Four not named Romney
and Paul are farther right, dangerously close to "right wingers", as well the party spokesman, Limpbaugh and
his pals.I'm trying to read this like you're saying it to my face, but it's not working...could you do some editing please?

rock on sooner
3/5/2012, 05:22 PM
[QUOTE=rock on sooner;3458752][QUOTE=Turd_Ferguson;3458731]Seems to me your definition of an conservative is just a little left of center....anything past that is a "right-winger"...I'm trying to read this like you're saying it to my face, but it's not working...could you do some editing please?

Sorry.

Turd_Ferguson
3/5/2012, 05:55 PM
[QUOTE=Turd_Ferguson;3458756][QUOTE=rock on sooner;3458752]

Sorry.Holy hell...

rock on sooner
3/5/2012, 06:48 PM
[QUOTE=rock on sooner;3458757][QUOTE=Turd_Ferguson;3458756]Holy hell...

Not one damn thing holy about it, just said sorry that I can't post so you read it.

StoopTroup
3/5/2012, 07:25 PM
I'd never heard "Wagon Burner"....lol

Blanket A$$. :D ;)

Small Pox against you all!

LMAO!

Can't we all get along?

BTW....is Anthony Weiner doing the Eulogy?

Suck my Irish Shillilagh. ROTFLMAO.

Andrew is probably laughing in hell right now.

rock on sooner
3/5/2012, 07:32 PM
I'd never heard "Wagon Burner"....lol

Blanket A$$. :D ;)

Small Pox against you all!

LMAO!

Can't we all get along?

BTW....is Anthony Weiner doing the Eulogy?

Hell, White eyes 'most kilt us with the pox........few more worse that the
wagon or blanket cracks...but that's another thread.

Weiner won't be anywhere close to people..Knucklehead...