PDA

View Full Version : Travelers beware....United "going dark"

OULenexaman
3/1/2012, 11:11 AM
This could get interesting.....:biggrin:

Please immediately share with all your travelers

Update from United Airlines

United and Continental Airlines will complete the final step in their merger beginning at 12:01am on March 3, 2012 with the migration of all reservations to the SHARES reservation platform formerly used by Continental.

Below is some key information that may impact your travel this coming weekend and in the weeks ahead:

All United and Continental reservation and ticketing systems will “go dark” at 12:01am on March 3, including www.united.com. There will be no outlet for ticketing or reservations for approximately 2.5 hours.

Once the system restores, there will be a new united.com website and continental.com will cease to exist.

· United advised that they have set up a website – UnitedHub.com to answer any questions and explain the system outage this weekend.

All bookings made on United’s Apollo platform will now be “live” in SHARES and will carry a new record locator. If you have an existing, ticketed United reservation, you can still check in on-line or at the airport and access your reservation with the original record locator. If you have an existing, ticketed Continental reservation, your record locator will not change.

After the cutover, United will operate with the 016 ticketing code and the Continental 005 code will no longer exist. Former Continental flights will now appear as United flights in all reservation systems. If you are currently holding a ticket validated on Continental 005 stock, it will still be valid for travel as long as it is used “as is”.

Voluntary changes to Continental 005 tickets can still be made. Please consult with a American Express office for details on this process if you need to make a change in your plans, or you can utilize your online tool.

If you are traveling between Friday, March 2 and Sunday, March 4, we are recommending you do the following:

Make sure your United reservation has been ticketed by Friday, March 2

Check in on-line before arriving at the airport and PRINT your boarding pass. United is advising that mobile device boarding passes will be accepted but we are advising that you also carry a printed version.

For additional questions, please contact your American Express Travel office.

olevetonahill
3/1/2012, 11:21 AM
Their NEW LOGO

Hot Rod
3/1/2012, 12:54 PM
Thanks for the heads up! Just booked my trip to Maui last week with them.

TheHumanAlphabet
3/1/2012, 01:33 PM
Thanks for the heads up!

Heading to Tokyo on Saturday... Hope I have no problems. Direct to Tokyo on Saturday should be no problem, hope the rest of the itinerary is okay.

virginiasooner
3/1/2012, 03:42 PM
NEVER FLY UNITED! My United story isn't as bad as some that I've read on Untieddotcom, but it was enough that we haven't flown them in the past five years. As I told my mom at the time, if she dies and the only way to OKC was United, I told her: have a nice funeral! They are incompetent. This latest merger will sink them. BTW, I'm a Delta frequent flyer, and while they have their problems, I've never been outright LIED TO the way United lied to me and my hubby all those years ago.

jumperstop
3/1/2012, 06:04 PM
NEVER FLY UNITED! My United story isn't as bad as some that I've read on Untieddotcom, but it was enough that we haven't flown them in the past five years. As I told my mom at the time, if she dies and the only way to OKC was United, I told her: have a nice funeral! They are incompetent. This latest merger will sink them. BTW, I'm a Delta frequent flyer, and while they have their problems, I've never been outright LIED TO the way United lied to me and my hubby all those years ago.

Tell us how you really feel....:)

I think most american airlines suck. The only flight I got off completely satisfied and pleased with the crew was on KLM. Hot, polite Dutch stewardess girls beats old, bitchy, and cranky American ones any day of the week. They all seem almost put off to help you even though that's really the only reason why they are there....

OklaPony
3/3/2012, 05:56 PM
I was a little nervous about my existing Continental points (probably unneccesarily, but what heck) and since I had enough for a first class trip...

I'm a be rollin' wit da ballers on the way home from Vegas.

Yo

soonersponge
3/4/2012, 03:32 PM
As you can see, they went with Continental's website. This was a merger, but they kept the Continental head in charge. They will more image Continental than United. Or, at least I hope so! The United name is bigger than the Conti name.

TheHumanAlphabet
3/5/2012, 03:49 AM
As you can see, they went with Continental's website. This was a merger, but they kept the Continental head in charge. They will more image Continental than United. Or, at least I hope so! The United name is bigger than the Conti name.

All true, but the cabin service is more the United unfriendly. I checked in Saturday to NRT and found they had (to my dismay) ended the CO International Concierge service. All the Tokyo/Asian flight Concierge's know me well and I was sorry to see their positions changed. Certainly will let Smisek know this is not a good change and a big step down for the BF / GS / PP passengers. Many things will be CO friendly, but if it is business related, expect the United unfriendly service. At least I got my Global Services renewed for 2012 :adoration:.

Flight departed slightly late and the kiosks were not working, so much for those three other dress rehearsals...

jk the sooner fan
3/5/2012, 08:39 AM
once you go dark.....

Sooner_Bob
3/5/2012, 09:19 AM
once you go dark.....

Where is that "That's racist" gif when you need it . . . .

;)

sooneron
3/5/2012, 10:25 AM
Does this mean that my continental chase card no longer means "free baggage"?

TheHumanAlphabet
3/6/2012, 02:15 AM
Does this mean that my continental chase card no longer means "free baggage"?
No, but expect the card to rebrand shortly or by the time it expires...