PDA

View Full Version : Season Tickets

boomersooner001
2/29/2012, 03:55 PM
Renewal is available online now :tennis:

$871 total for my 2 seats. (786 for 2 tickets + 60 academic fee + 25 app processing fee)

85sooners
2/29/2012, 04:19 PM
:congratulatory:

nativesooner
2/29/2012, 04:53 PM
Higher or lower than last year???

budbarrybob
2/29/2012, 05:00 PM

Is this a serious question?

yukonsooner
2/29/2012, 05:07 PM
$1477 for 4 tickets. About $100 higher than last year

badger
2/29/2012, 05:08 PM

Like tuition, it never lowers, amirite?

I mean, about the only chance of getting a lower/same rate for tickets would be fewer home games, right?

stoops the eternal pimp
2/29/2012, 05:08 PM
What if you have a season ticket coupon?

badger
2/29/2012, 05:21 PM
What if you have a season ticket coupon?

The scalpers distribute those during the season. They're waving them in the air and touting how cheap they are compared to "face value" :P

nativesooner
2/29/2012, 05:28 PM
Is this a serious question?

thought maybe they went down like OSU's? haha! :playful:

BajaOklahoma
2/29/2012, 07:57 PM

We are paying around 250 more than that for 4 tickets and are happy to get them.

DRLSooner
2/29/2012, 11:33 PM
Seriously? Mine are quite a bit more for 4... do you still get the old Sooner Saver discount? I'm in the NEZ (Sec 22 Row 72) and our Sooner Saver discount just "went away" a few years ago. My buddy has 2 seats next to me, we got our season tickets the same year (1995-Schnelly), he still gets the discount every year and I dont. Hmmm.

UberSooner
3/1/2012, 09:46 AM
Seriously? Mine are quite a bit more for 4... do you still get the old Sooner Saver discount? I'm in the NEZ (Sec 22 Row 72) and our Sooner Saver discount just "went away" a few years ago. My buddy has 2 seats next to me, we got our season tickets the same year (1995-Schnelly), he still gets the discount every year and I dont. Hmmm.

I'm curious as well. I'm clocking in at over 1700 for 4 endzone seats in the flight path altitude.

yukonsooner
3/1/2012, 12:22 PM
Yes, I'm still getting the Sooner Saver. My seats are in the NW endzone

PrideMom
3/1/2012, 12:28 PM
I thought ALL tickets were the same. Never heard of a Sooner Saver, sounds like OSU to me.....

nativesooner
3/1/2012, 12:40 PM
My friend has Sooner Saver tickets... doesn't donate though. I need me some Sooner Savers! lol!

badger
3/1/2012, 12:51 PM
My friend has Sooner Saver tickets... doesn't donate though. I need me some Sooner Savers! lol!

Call and ask... but don't be surprised to see yourself in a top nosebleed corner next season if they agree :P

nativesooner
3/1/2012, 12:58 PM
Like tuition, it never lowers, amirite?

I mean, about the only chance of getting a lower/same rate for tickets would be fewer home games, right?

MAYBE.... even when we went from 7 to 6 it STILL went up a few bucks! lol! My boss has OSU tickets and said hers went DOWN from last year. She said she thought ours would too. I just laughed.

nativesooner
3/1/2012, 12:59 PM
Call and ask... but don't be surprised to see yourself in a top nosebleed corner next season if they agree :P

heck no! I just want that price on mine. lol! If I switched they'd probably make me start over on priority points!

Sooner24
3/1/2012, 01:32 PM
heck no! I just want that price on mine. lol! If I switched they'd probably make me start over on priority points!

You can't get Sooner Saver anymore. The people that have them are grandfathered in.

badger
3/1/2012, 01:55 PM
My boss has OSU tickets and said hers went DOWN from last year. She said she thought ours would too. I just laughed.

You know what it is? A lack of "gooner game." They are probably hoping and praying that their season ticket sales don't tip too much after the loss of their top offensive players and not having a "gooner game" to sell for the first time since 2009.

If you look at the Poke schedule next season (http://www.fbschedules.com/ncaa-12/big-12/2012-oklahoma-state-cowboys-football-schedule.php), for the first time since 2007, they have NO premium game to sell tickets off of. For the past two seasons, it was the "gooner game." for the season before that, it was Georgia. For the season before that, the "gooner game." Now? Hmmm

Savannah State Tigers: Discover which state "Savannah" is! Or not...

Louisiana's Ragin' Cajuns: Remember when they fought really hard against us in the first half? It MIGHT be a good game!

Texas Longhorns: They suck and they no longer compete for the conference or national titles, but they're still Texas, amirite? RIGHT?!?!

Iowa State Cyclones: REVENGE! You hate them! You want to see us beat them! YEAHHHHHH! Or not...

TCU Horned Frogs: Come see us beat up on the new guy! They're so purple!

West Virginia Mountaineers: Remember Creepy Dana? Let's welcome him back! Let's burn couches! Let's... pass...

Texas Tech Red Raiders: I'm not even going to bother trying to sell this one...

And that's it, folks. That's your home Poke games. WVU is the closest I can see to a "premium game," and if they try to do that, there's no way that attendance will be anything close to what they drew for Georgia or us "gooners." They are soooo screwed.

yukonsooner
3/1/2012, 08:04 PM
Back during the Blake years they couldn't give season tickets away and so they did the Sooner Saver. I already had 2 tickets and added two seats next to those and so I got them as Sooner Savers. They were grandfathered in so I don't do donations, but I'm also not in the drawing for Texas tickets.

yermom
3/1/2012, 08:09 PM
You know what it is? A lack of "gooner game." They are probably hoping and praying that their season ticket sales don't tip too much after the loss of their top offensive players and not having a "gooner game" to sell for the first time since 2009.

If you look at the Poke schedule next season (http://www.fbschedules.com/ncaa-12/big-12/2012-oklahoma-state-cowboys-football-schedule.php), for the first time since 2007, they have NO premium game to sell tickets off of. For the past two seasons, it was the "gooner game." for the season before that, it was Georgia. For the season before that, the "gooner game." Now? Hmmm

Savannah State Tigers: Discover which state "Savannah" is! Or not...

Louisiana's Ragin' Cajuns: Remember when they fought really hard against us in the first half? It MIGHT be a good game!

Texas Longhorns: They suck and they no longer compete for the conference or national titles, but they're still Texas, amirite? RIGHT?!?!

Iowa State Cyclones: REVENGE! You hate them! You want to see us beat them! YEAHHHHHH! Or not...

TCU Horned Frogs: Come see us beat up on the new guy! They're so purple!

West Virginia Mountaineers: Remember Creepy Dana? Let's welcome him back! Let's burn couches! Let's... pass...

Texas Tech Red Raiders: I'm not even going to bother trying to sell this one...

And that's it, folks. That's your home Poke games. WVU is the closest I can see to a "premium game," and if they try to do that, there's no way that attendance will be anything close to what they drew for Georgia or us "gooners." They are soooo screwed.

Texas, TCU and West Virginny are pretty solid games. Tceh, sadly, isn't exactly a write off either.

the pokes could be close to .500 at home next year.

DRLSooner
3/1/2012, 10:57 PM
I thought ALL tickets were the same. Never heard of a Sooner Saver, sounds like OSU to me.....
No. It actually started in 1995 when Schnellenberger got here, only they called them Red Zone tickets at that time. It was 85 bucks for adults, 45 for students and children. The next year when Blake came in they changed it to the Sooner Saver program. Even in Stoops second year, the price for a Sooner Saver season ticket was under 100 bucks, now you basically get a 35 dollar discount per ticket, basically rewarding loyalty I guess.

You gotta remember, we werent exactly selling the place out, they had to do something. Those 7-8K discounted tickets they sold put butts in the seats and created fans that help to pack the place out even today.

Might "sound like OSU", but it worked.

yukonsooner
3/2/2012, 12:21 PM
We went to a spring game during those bad years and they had tables set up for you to pick out available season tickets. We were fortunate that the seats next to ours were available. We latched onto them. The kids are grown and don't use them often, but the granddaughter and friends are enjoying them now. I think about giving them up, but just can't do it.

OSUAggie
3/5/2012, 01:16 PM
the pokes could be close to .500 at home next year.

You don't really believe this.

MichiganSooner
3/6/2012, 03:20 PM
You don't really believe this.

Yes.