PDA

View Full Version : DO YOU TRUST ROMNEY to get rid of Obamacare?

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
2/29/2012, 02:55 PM
or really, Newt either? I am convinced that would be one of the first things Santorum would do after being elected. That's why I voted for him. I think the large # of Mormons in AZ really helped Romney here. That condition doesn't exist in OK. Please do the right thing, folks.

badger
2/29/2012, 03:03 PM
or really, Newt either? I am convinced that would be one of the first things Santorum would do after being elected. That's why I voted for him. I think the large # of Mormons in AZ really helped Romney here. That condition doesn't exist in OK. Please do the right thing, folks.

Did they paper your streets with endless yard signs also like they're doing here in Tulsa? There are Santorum signs EVERYwhere and it's annoying as hell.

They are campaigning the hell outta this state. Second-most that I see here is Ron Paul.

So anyways, I do think Santorum will take Oklahoma.

okie52
2/29/2012, 03:05 PM

What is the right thing?

2/29/2012, 03:58 PM
So anyways, I do think Santorum will take Oklahoma.Obama and His media will destroy Mitt, if he gets the nomination. They will TRY to destroy anyone, but for me it comes down to the question of who to trust the most to sh*t-can Obamacare.

okie52
2/29/2012, 04:00 PM
Obama and His media will destroy Mitt, if he gets the nomination. They will TRY to destroy anyone, but for me it comes down to the question of who to trust the most to sh*t-can Obamacare.

Mitt is more vulnerable than Newt or Santorum?

Of course Obama is pretty vulnerable himself.

2/29/2012, 04:19 PM
Mitt is more vulnerable than Newt or Santorum?

Of course Obama is pretty vulnerable himself.Romney care, and Mitt's association with Wall Street.

okie52
2/29/2012, 04:26 PM
Romney care, and Mitt's association with Wall Street.

Kind of hard for Obama to attack Romney on Romney care...or vice versa.

Wall street? What has Obama done about Wall STreet? And Newt is certainly vulnerable to Wall STreet and his lobbyist money. Santorum, besides seeming like a wacko on social issues was a big pork barrel Senator.

Bourbon St Sooner
2/29/2012, 04:38 PM
What major entitlement program has ever gotten repealed?

If you really think Obamacare is getting repealed, then I've got a bridge to nowhere to sell you.

KantoSooner
2/29/2012, 04:52 PM
One thing seems certain: we are never, as a nation, going to discuss why we pay more than double what every other developed nation does for health care....and get a way crappier product for our money.

OU_Sooners75
2/29/2012, 04:57 PM
Kind of hard for Obama to attack Romney on Romney care...or vice versa.

Wall street? What has Obama done about Wall STreet? And Newt is certainly vulnerable to Wall STreet and his lobbyist money. Santorum, besides seeming like a wacko on social issues was a big pork barrel Senator.

Name a politician that doesn't like the pork barrell?

badger
2/29/2012, 05:07 PM
If you really think Obamacare is getting repealed, then I've got a bridge to nowhere to sell you.

Word. They spent far too much time on it during Obama's first two years for it to ever get repealed, even if every member of Congress and the president was a Republican.

dwarthog
2/29/2012, 05:10 PM
Only hope for repeal is for the courts to gut it by throwing out the individual mandate.

OU_Sooners75
2/29/2012, 05:11 PM
It will either get repealed (through the SCOTUS) or redone. But either way, it will not be the same when the Republicans control the house, senate, and the White House.

okie52
2/29/2012, 05:24 PM
Name a politician that doesn't like the pork barrell?

Coburn!!!

2/29/2012, 05:31 PM
Obamacare HAS to be repealed, or we are a WAY different country than we have ever known, or want to know.

OU_Sooners75
2/29/2012, 05:36 PM
Coburn!!!

He may not like it, but hasn't he taken some from it?

Sooner5030
2/29/2012, 05:53 PM
wont matter because the legislation will still be influenced by insurance, pharma & med tech. The only difference is Obama/dems will game the system for pharma/med tech over insurance and citizens while Romney/Pubs will game the system for insurance over pharma/med tech and citizens. Either way the citizens get bent over but the Act will have some clever name to fool the sheep.

You cannot expand care AND control costs. Not only have we expanded those that are covered but we expanded (selective care...good drugs) what is actually required to be covered. Costs will still rise as demand will outpace supply.

We never actually fix the problem of rising costs per claim.

soonercoop1
2/29/2012, 06:56 PM
Don't trust Romney at all...Newt "said" he would and so did Santorum...time for talk is over-time for action...only one that I know would have positively was Cain...

Coburn for President 2012 Republican Convention...

okie52
2/29/2012, 07:11 PM
He may not like it, but hasn't he taken some from it?

He voted to end it....unfortunately not enough senators agreed with him.

2/29/2012, 07:51 PM
Don't trust Romney at all...Newt "said" he would and so did Santorum...time for talk is over-time for action...only one that I know would have positively was Cain...

Coburn for President 2012 Republican Convention...Santorum EMPHATICALLY said he would rid us of obamacare, right outa the chute. If there's a brokered R convention, all kinds of hell will break loose, I do believe.

AlboSooner
2/29/2012, 10:18 PM
Haven't read the bill. Why is Obamacare bad?

diverdog
2/29/2012, 11:24 PM

Oh I guarantee none of them have read it. To be honest I have only read about half the darn thing. Lots of cross referencing has to be done.

soonerhubs
3/1/2012, 03:35 AM
If that liberty hating pos gets the R nod, I'll put an O sticker on my car and openly work for the demise of this sorry excuse for a party. Conservative, my ***. That fool will grow the government and increase spending.

It's ironic that some of you support big government republicans and bitch about tax increases.

Also, if he thinks he actually has the authority to repeal the health care law he's dumber than I initially surmised.

sappstuf
3/1/2012, 03:37 AM

DD is right none of them read it.. Surely you heard Nancy Pelosi's famous quote..

We have to pass the bill so you can find out what is in it

3/1/2012, 11:55 AM
If that liberty hating pos gets the R nod, I'll put an O sticker on my car and openly work for the demise of this sorry excuse for a party. Conservative, my ***. That fool will grow the government and increase spending.

It's ironic that some of you support big government republicans and bitch about tax increases.

Also, if he thinks he actually has the authority to repeal the health care law he's dumber than I initially surmised.HSFY and YF

TheHumanAlphabet
3/1/2012, 02:00 PM
I don't trust Romney with a wad of my used toilet paper.

TUSooner
3/1/2012, 02:15 PM

IT FORCES people to buy health insurance, (which we all know is totally unnecessary for those who don't plan to get sick or hurt). It's STALINIST COMMIE SOCIALIZED MEDICINE which means DEATH PANELS and the END of our ALEADY PERFECT HEALTH CARE and INSURANCE SYSTEM!! It wastes resources on underserving poor people who have the patriotic duty to die if they are foolish and irresponsible enough to get sick without insurance or money!! Ooops, that last bit just slipped out, and I only heard it from Rick Sanctimorium anyway.

~~~~~~
But seriously, I think a lot of people agree that it could have been a heckuva lot better, even though it is not actually the end of the world as we know it. Sanctimorium will not be able to get rid of it, mostly because he won't get within a good sniff of the White House.

okie52
3/1/2012, 02:20 PM
I don't trust Romney with a wad of my used toilet paper.

Harold Hamm trusts him. I certainly prefer him to Obama or really any of the remaining pubs.

Ton Loc
3/1/2012, 06:15 PM
I'll just vote NO to the original question.

I just noticed the sky isn't falling and it is a really nice day outside. That's all.

8timechamps
3/1/2012, 08:44 PM
This issue is part of why I am so pissed at Washington (all sides). I think everyone can agree that any citizen that is sick or injured, and needs care, should be able to afford that care (and by afford, I mean not be wiped out financially for the rest of their lives). But, somehow, this issue (like most) has become about party lines and not really about the issue.

okie52
3/1/2012, 09:05 PM
If the canadians or the euros have a better system I see no reason not to embrace it...but that wasn't being offered by either side.

hawaii 5-0
3/1/2012, 09:36 PM
I talked to a coupla Canadians last week who love their health care system.

But then, whaddya they know?

5-0

okie52
3/1/2012, 09:54 PM

5-0

I don't know...how are their taxes?

soonercruiser
3/1/2012, 10:38 PM
One thing seems certain: we are never, as a nation, going to discuss why we pay more than double what every other developed nation does for health care....and get a way crappier product for our money.

Nonsense!
Sounds like an liberal add line....attack the drug companies! Demonize the banks and insurance companies! Envy the doctors!
But, never, NEVER question the trial and malpractice lawyers, teachers, or union officials!

soonercruiser
3/1/2012, 10:45 PM

"YOU MUST READ THE BILL FIRST, BEFORE YOU CAN UNDERSTAND OR ARGUE ABOUT IT!"
After all, it's only 2,000 pages. And most all the politicians that voted for it admit that THEY did not read it!
:dispirited:

StoopTroup
3/1/2012, 10:57 PM
Obama and His media will destroy Mitt, if he gets the nomination. They will TRY to destroy anyone, but for me it comes down to the question of who to trust the most to sh*t-can Obamacare.

What's funny is that you think there is someone running that can.

I know it's hard to accept but Obama hasn't done enough bad stuff to get ****-canned. I know that many of you think he has and that many of you have been apart of pointing every twitch he's had from the moment he was elected but unless he goes to war with Iran, I just don't think your constant bitching about him and his administration is going to be enough to make Obama a one term POTUS.

I guess we will see how things go once the GOP figures out which way they are going to go. Price of gas, unemployment or National Debt. A truly sad premise that's getting weaker as its been exposed as a tactic before the GOP has a candidate. It almost seems like they are trying to push the GOP into A nearly failed Party to try and force Republican Voters into a panic after Obama's 2nd term to solidify a GOP win by "Lucky". You know the mangey dog with one eye and three legs.

What a mess.

AlboSooner
3/1/2012, 11:12 PM
"YOU MUST READ THE BILL FIRST, BEFORE YOU CAN UNDERSTAND OR ARGUE ABOUT IT!"
After all, it's only 2,000 pages. And most all the politicians that voted for it admit that THEY did not read it!
:dispirited:

Well, I don't like to hear one side over it, and make my decision that way.

Being young I haven't had many encounters with the healthcare system, but what little I've seen, it's just a mess. Reason tells me the status quo is bad, and also I know the GOP will side with the industry over the people (and spin it like it's looking after us), so if nobody has read the bill for themselves, I'm going to assume Obamacare it's not that bad.

LiveLaughLove
3/1/2012, 11:18 PM
First, no one is going to repeal Obamacare except for maybe the SCOTUS.

What's funny is that you think there is someone running that can.

I know it's hard to accept but Obama hasn't done enough bad stuff to get ****-canned. I know that many of you think he has and that many of you have been apart of pointing every twitch he's had from the moment he was elected but unless he goes to war with Iran, I just don't think your constant bitching about him and his administration is going to be enough to make Obama a one term POTUS.

Second, this is no different than what was done to Bush. He was vilified at every turn, even accused of stealing a fricking election.

The opposition opposes. I think he has done way more than enough to lose the election, but ultimately I am one vote. We'll see how the rest of the country votes.

Obama has gone unscathed by not having an opponent, and by having an adoring media that ignores the bad stuff, ie Fast and Furious, Gas Prices (all of a sudden aren't in a Presidents control when they were totally Bush's fault), The Keystone Pipeline (actually blamed the Republicans), and on and on.

When he actually has a competitor, let's see how it goes then.

AlboSooner
3/1/2012, 11:20 PM
First, no one is going to repeal Obamacare except for maybe the SCOTUS.

Second, this is no different than what was done to Bush. He was vilified at every turn, even accused of stealing a fricking election.

The opposition opposes. I think he has done way more than enough to lose the election, but ultimately I am one vote. We'll see how the rest of the country votes.

Obama has gone unscathed by not having an opponent, and by having an adoring media that ignores the bad stuff, ie Fast and Furious, Gas Prices (all of a sudden aren't in a Presidents control when they were totally Bush's fault), The Keystone Pipeline (actually blamed the Republicans), and on and on.

When he actually has a competitor, let's see how it goes then.

I only fault Obama for pipeline. The other stuff are out of his control.

LiveLaughLove
3/1/2012, 11:32 PM
I only fault Obama for pipeline. The other stuff are out of his control.

Do you think the press would have given Bush a pass on Fast and Furious? Fast and Furious is a huge scandal in any Republican administration, but nary a peep from this media. He completely backs Holder. That makes him responsible.

Indeed, there were tons of articles about Bush and Cheney's oil connections when gas prices were high under him, thereby blaming him as a crony and allowing prices to vault for their buddies pocket books.

No, the buck stops at his door.

hawaii 5-0
3/2/2012, 02:09 AM
I don't know...how are their taxes?

I didn't ask them. They're retired archeologists. Husband and wife.

They had some nice laughs about the Primary antics.

5-0

sappstuf
3/2/2012, 03:15 AM
Well, I don't like to hear one side over it, and make my decision that way.

Being young I haven't had many encounters with the healthcare system, but what little I've seen, it's just a mess. Reason tells me the status quo is bad, and also I know the GOP will side with the industry over the people (and spin it like it's looking after us), so if nobody has read the bill for themselves, I'm going to assume Obamacare it's not that bad.

http://www.heeftstijl.nl/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/Assumption.jpg

TheHumanAlphabet
3/2/2012, 12:59 PM

5-0

What province are they from and can they use an American doctor and get reimbursed?

Last year Alberta had to have a special tax added on top of all other health care to pay for a massive assault on the back up for testing (like MRIs and such), not only did they have the extra tax, they reduce new appointmentments and added people to knock out the back log of way overdue tests...

It is not such the good program as people make it out to be. It is rationed and people are wait-listed.

okie52
3/2/2012, 01:28 PM

5-0

That would be different than Canadian politics...particularly dealing with French Canadians?

KantoSooner
3/2/2012, 02:19 PM
Nonsense!
Sounds like an liberal add line....attack the drug companies! Demonize the banks and insurance companies! Envy the doctors!
But, never, NEVER question the trial and malpractice lawyers, teachers, or union officials!
Not sure if you're disagreeing or amplifying what I said. I certainly did not take lawyers off the table. Union officials and teachers would seem to have less to do with healthcare, but what the hell! Put them out there as well.
I'm simply curious as to why, and disappointed that no one in government seems to share my curiousity as to why, we pay, quite literally, twice what other advanced countries do (and I'm trying to be fair here, allowing for ethnicity, age, dietary custom, history of war, yadda yadda) for health care (as measured against our GNP; I'm laying aside how this money is collected and from whom) and end up waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay far down in most if not all measures of health and well being.
I really don't care what conclusions are reached as long as they match facts. Frankly, I've lived in third world **** holes where you got exactly what you paid for. And I had the money to pay. (It was a bit unseemly to step over the broken, dying body of some poor soul who didn't have the money when I went to get my arm set....but in terms of MY health care, I was dandy. Doctor was a Johns Hopkins grad and my arm's as good as new.) I've also lived, for decades, under a single payer national health system. No death panels, no waiting for appointments, I chose my doctor. I didn't get to argue with him about what treatment I'd get, but I was free to go get a second opinion...and sometimes those were different than the first one.
so, the argument is not about the healthcare of relatively well off people. It is about the care of the poor, the improvident, the crazy, the marginal. And about how much we decide we're going to devote, as a people, to health care. And finally, how it is distributed through the healthcare industry.
'Cause right now, we're hurting our competitiveness as a nation through insistence on sticking with crap healthcare at twice the price.

Remember when Detroit kept insisting that its cars were just as good as the Japanese....even when it was obvious to the blindest rodent that Detroit was producing vehicles that were ill-designed and made free from the troubling constraints of quality control?
How many times do we have to play this game?

Bourbon St Sooner
3/2/2012, 03:20 PM

5-0

Ask them what they think about their liquor prices.

hawaii 5-0
3/2/2012, 04:18 PM
What province are they from?

They are from Saskatchewan. They were tourists visiting Hawaii and have now left.

I didn't give them the 3rd degree. They just said they were happy with their health care system. I imagine that included quality of care, time of waiting, and availability of services. I don't imagine it included whether they got free valitaded parking or fresh exam gloves.

5-0

hawaii 5-0
3/2/2012, 04:19 PM
Ask them what they think about their liquor prices.

.....and this relates to healthcare.....how?

5-0

soonercoop1
3/2/2012, 06:16 PM
Santorum EMPHATICALLY said he would rid us of obamacare, right outa the chute. If there's a brokered R convention, all kinds of hell will break loose, I do believe.

Would enjoy seeing hell breaking loose at the convention...time for the Repub party to fit our views or become irrelevent...

8timechamps
3/2/2012, 09:27 PM
.....and this relates to healthcare.....how?

5-0

So, you're physician doesn't prescribe Jack Daniels? CHANGE DOCTORS!

hawaii 5-0
3/2/2012, 09:52 PM
So, you're physician doesn't prescribe Jack Daniels? CHANGE DOCTORS!

My physician is an MD.

Mad Dog 20/20 is his main prescription for what ails ya.

I actually gave him a bottle once as a gag gift and he has it displayed in his glass liquor cabinet.

5-0

AlboSooner
3/3/2012, 01:12 PM
Do you think the press would have given Bush a pass on Fast and Furious? Fast and Furious is a huge scandal in any Republican administration, but nary a peep from this media. He completely backs Holder. That makes him responsible.

Indeed, there were tons of articles about Bush and Cheney's oil connections when gas prices were high under him, thereby blaming him as a crony and allowing prices to vault for their buddies pocket books.

No, the buck stops at his door.

The media is a term which includes all kinds of news-reporting and news-making outlets. This includes the conservative radio talk shows, and conservative news channels like Fox News.

When someone uses this kind of language, the media (insert injustice done to conservatives), it automatically makes me think they have bought into the cunning scheme of Fox News to discredit any news outlet that it's not them. The reality is that the media is a diverse field of different technologies, and in all those fields conservative views are very well represented.

I was never in the anti-Bush bandwagon, and I am not in the anti-Obama bandwagon. This allows me to stay as rational as possible when deciding about the issues. If I were to blame Bush or Obama about everything, then I'd lose credibility to myself, and those around me. I'm only a fanatic when it comes to OU football, whereas in politics I'm only a fan of those policies that are rational and that help the American people. Some of those policies are Republican, some Democrat, and some Libertarian.

3/3/2012, 02:31 PM
Romney or any repub will repeal obamacare. The problem is getting it to I'm to do so. The repubs will need the senate as well as the house.

I think it's more likely that bits and pieces of obamacare will get repealed.

Romney will sign whatever a conservative congress sends him.If he becomes the nominee, we will HAVE TO vote for him, and pray you're correct. But, vote Santorum in the primary, and there will be less doubt, IMHO.

ictsooner7
3/3/2012, 03:07 PM

How exactly does he "repeal" it? It is a federal law that has to be voted on in the house and senate. This is a democray not a dictatorship.

Chuck Bao
3/3/2012, 03:37 PM
For the record, I am in favor of Obamacare and I do not want to see it repealed. Is it my litmus test for voting for political candidates? No. I will vote for any candidate that has a viable economic plan to restore America's international competitiveness and reverse the outsourcing of labor.

Those of you so opposed to Obamacare probably have great company health care insurance benefits. And, you should consider the possibility that you may not always have that benefit if the economy doesn't turn around, particularly as you get older. Health care coverage of employees is basically one of the costs of doing business and our own insurance/pharmaceutical/health care industries are pricing us (labor and our companies) out of the market.

I 100% agree with Kanto who knows a lot about international business. To add what he said, why does my same medicine cost much less in Thailand than in the US? Price gouging in the US? Or, is it that the Thai government negotiates with the pharmaceutical companies to get lower prices? Or, is it that insurance companies in the US are still factoring in high premiums for medical malpractice suits, even though it is much more difficult for a plaintiff to win a huge settlement these days?

Something is really wrong here and it should be fixed. I don't know if Obamacare is the answer but we should be looking for answers rather than trying to turn the clock back when that clearly won't work in our current economic circumstances.

3/3/2012, 03:43 PM
It IS a litmus test, and HAS TO be repealed. It's THAT SERIOUS/IMPORTANT!