PDA

View Full Version : Would you support a bipartispresidential ticket?

badger
2/28/2012, 05:09 PM
Very interesting idea with OU's own Uncle Dave standing behind it.

Linky (http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/article.aspx?subjectid=336&articleid=20120228_336_0_OLHMIY977285)

It will have an online nominating convention to select a presidential and vice presidential candidate from opposite parties.

Now... would it matter who got top billing... let that squabble be another day :D

KantoSooner
2/28/2012, 05:44 PM
The opposite party thingie has been tried before and is great so long as you want a central government that doesn't do much.
If you want a radical reform, perhaps we should go with a strong executive elected indirectly by the party, or coalition, holding the majority of the seats in congress. At least that way, the President would have an automatic majority with which to rule.

hawaii 5-0
2/28/2012, 09:39 PM
I would support it if it wasn't the Clown Posse already running for office.

I'm all for both sides working together for a common progress.

5-0

okie52
2/28/2012, 10:26 PM
I would support it if it wasn't the Clown Posse already running for office.

I'm all for both sides working together for a common progress.

5-0

What about the clown puzzy that's in office?

TUSooner
2/29/2012, 10:50 AM
Sure. I am also in favor of humans being able to defy gravity and fly without airplanes and stuff. I believe both are equally likely to happen. :) Actually, I think the Parliamentary system has some advantages, which is "sorta like" what Kanto said. OTOH, nothing will help much as long as the legislature is for sale.

hawaii 5-0
2/29/2012, 10:54 AM
What about the clown puzzy that's in office?

I shudder to think of the mess we'd be in if McCain/MiIf had been elected.

5-0

okie52
2/29/2012, 10:56 AM

5-0

Only by dying could McCain have been worse than Obama.

badger
2/29/2012, 10:58 AM

5-0

The Dems might still have control of Congress if that were the case, because it was angst at the Obama administration that got the U.S. House back in Republican control.

Might is key word of course. I don't think anyone really held out hope on the Republican side that McCain would get elected in a year when there were so many voters angry at the Republican Party nationwide (aside from Oklahoma, of course)

TUSooner
2/29/2012, 01:58 PM
Only by dying could McCain have been worse than Obama.

heh. Sometimes you make me want to vote for Obammer just to make you mad. You hate him the way I hate LSU -- irrationally. First, hate totally, unconditionally, and automatically, than gather or fabricate reasons for it.

OULenexaman
2/29/2012, 02:23 PM
The only thing fabricated here is BHO himself...