PDA

View Full Version : Should The Rams Trade Sam and Draft RG3

PalmBeachSooner
2/28/2012, 02:22 PM
Should The Rams Trade Sam and Draft RG3? It could happen.

Link (http://newsok.com/nfl-combine-should-rams-trade-sam-bradford-and-draft-robert-griffin-iii/article/3652845)

If Sam were traded to a decent team then I'd be all for it. I don't want his career to go down the terlet bowl playing in a Ram's organization that can't get its act together.

Even if the Rams traded their 2nd pick and ended up with a plethora of first round picks we're still looking at 2-3 years before it would all come together. Sam could be in a body cast by then.

StoopTroup
2/28/2012, 03:22 PM
I think if Sam was worried about his health because of last year he would be saying as such. I think it's OK to speculate on this as in the NFL anything I guess could happen as if the Rams suck as bad as some think they do....landing RG3 and trading Sam would be the obvious thing to do if they were at wits end and desperate enough to think an unproven QB who maybe has Better Cam Newton running speed is a better choice than another Heisman Winner with an out of sight Wonderlic Score and Rookie of the Year Status as well as NFL experience behind center. Sam also nearly got the Rams into the playoffs his rookie season which should carry some weight I would think.

Although RG3 is supposed to be smart because he went to Baylor, some say he will be lucky to score a 20-30 on the test. We will need to wait to really know. Sam was one point under Peyton Manning and that seemed to add to his Draft Status once he posted those incredible numbers. Now, I guess we can just discount the test and say it means nothing but it seems teams give it weight even though Fans may not.

I'll say this, if RG3 lands a 35-40 Wonderlic Score with all the Combine results....maybe the Rams just might keep him and look to trade Sam.

Bourbon St Sooner
2/28/2012, 04:06 PM
I think you're going to get a lot more value by trading the No 2 pick rather than trading Sam, especially with Sam's contract. We know in the NFL that the guy that hasn't played before is worth more than the guy that has because of what he could become. So unless you think RG3 is a sure fire can't miss, you take the higher value at this point.

badger
2/28/2012, 04:13 PM
If offered that option, I would be for it, because I feel bad seeing Sammie rammed into the ground repeatedly since the offensive line sucks and his perfect passes continuously being dropped by inept receivers.

If he could go to a good organization with good o-line and good receivers, Sammie would be a pro bowl, playoff quarterback instead of stuck on IR as the team drifts closer to the top of the NFL Draft picking order :mad:

nativesooner
2/28/2012, 04:16 PM
The only reason there are grumblings of this is because of the success that Cam Newton had last year in Carolina. RGIII is a bad dude, but without a line or WR's that can catch the ball, he'll look average. Granted he can take off where Sam can't maybe, but Like Burbon said, they'd have more value dealing the #2 pick.

Tear Down This Wall
2/28/2012, 04:44 PM
Yes. Please trade Sam to a decent team with real receivers and a real run game, and let the circus act that is Robert Griffin kick into what will be certain failure. Still amazed that a QB who could put up no more than 28 points against the 2011 Texas A&M squad is considered a 1st round talent, but...that's the NFL.

It's about selling jerseys and products in the NFL. I doubt Griffin sells as many jerseys as Michael Vick or Vince Young, though.

badger
2/28/2012, 04:49 PM
It's about selling jerseys and products in the NFL. I doubt Griffin sells as many jerseys as Michael Vick or Vince Young, though.

Meh, jersey sales come from success or pre-NFL hype. I think Reggie Bush sold tons of jerseys till everyone realized he was average at best. If RG3 tears it up like Cam Newton did last year, jersey sales will follow.

stoops the eternal pimp
2/28/2012, 05:26 PM
If that happens,I'll kiss dean

oumartin
2/28/2012, 05:43 PM
Isn't Luck going to be the 2nd qb drafted? Right behind Weeden.

bluedogok
2/28/2012, 10:52 PM
The Rams have been through ownership changes in recent years which has been a big problem for many years. Hopefully with Stan Kronke's ownership they can get things going in the right direction. He has done pretty well owning the Colorado Avalanche (2001 Stanley Cup Champions), Denver Nuggets, Colorado Mammoth (2006 National Lacrosse League Champions) and the Pepsi Center they play in and the Altitude television network they are broadcast on. He also owns the Colorado Rapids (2010 MSL Champions) and Dick's Sporting Goods Park and a majority ownership stake in Arsenal of the English Premier League.

Eielson
2/29/2012, 02:02 AM
For the millionth time, it's not gonna happen.

MamaMia
2/29/2012, 02:05 AM
I would like to see Sam traded to a team that has a decent offensive line.

East Coast Bias
2/29/2012, 07:21 AM
The Rams should draft that all-world left-tackle from USC. That would do wonders for Bradford's on-going health. Then maybe they could get a couple of good receivers. I wonder if they might make a play for Broyles? Somebody is going to get a deal on a great receiver in Broyles....

soonerloyal
2/29/2012, 09:50 AM
Should The Rams Trade Sam and Draft RG3? Sure, and people should hit themselves over the head with a ball peen hammer, because it feels so good when they stop.

Soonermagik
2/29/2012, 09:56 AM
Nah.. It wouldn't help. They would be better served to trade the pick to say the Browns and get 2 1st rd picks. Then grab Kalil and a legit receiver.

dwarthog
2/29/2012, 10:43 AM
It would be very strange, IMO, trading Sam and drafting a quarterback who "can run for his life" as being a sound offensive strategy. No matter how fast he might be, so is everyone else at the pro level and one good hit by an animal like James Harrison would put an end to that plan quickly.

Colt Mccoy probably has some thoughts on that, assuming he is still able to think clearly after his James Harrison encounter.

badger
2/29/2012, 11:07 AM
Nah.. It wouldn't help. They would be better served to trade the pick to say the Browns and get 2 1st rd picks. Then grab Kalil and a legit receiver.

I think with the way RG3 has performed, they should get more than two first round draft picks at this point. The Browns might try to low-ball them, but if they do, then the Rams are going to get their two first round picks plus other picks/players from a different team.

And before anyone says "no other team has two first round picks," there's always next year's draft, right? Ricky Williams to the Saints meant New Orleans giving up its entire draft plus the next year's first round draft pick. I am hopeful that this dealio is similar to what St. Louis gets :D

stoops the eternal pimp
2/29/2012, 11:14 AM
I can't say who this guy is an agent for, but an agent for a sure top 10 pick messaged me and one of my former co workers a couple of days ago "No way we want to go to Cleveland..They aren't building for a winner"

badger
2/29/2012, 11:16 AM
I can't say who this guy is an agent for, but an agent for a sure top 10 pick messaged me and one of my former co workers a couple of days ago "No way we want to go to Cleveland..They aren't building for a winner"

I am a diehard Packer fan and I wanted them to rip the Holmgren Way sign outta Green Bay's streets when he left for Seattle, but that big walrus is no dummy and he will turn the Browns' fortunes around some how, some way. He had some bad luck with their Madden coverboy (image that, the curse lives on!) getting sick/injured/holding out, but they don't totally suck like they used to and their fanbase is one of the most loyal in the country.

What's your thoughts, STEP? Am I giving Holmgren or the Browns too much credit?

Seamus
2/29/2012, 12:31 PM
Link (http://www.stltoday.com/sports/football/professional/rams-are-open-to-draft-deal/article_8d02f3df-1755-5c07-b802-5e8cff3e78d7.html)

Nothing against Griffin, but if you put the truth serum in Browns coach Pat Shurmur, the former Rams offensive coordinator, he'd probably prefer trading for Bradford — whom he loves. And interestingly, with football reporters from all over the country attending the combine, there have been a few questions about whether the Rams are interested in trading Bradford.

Fisher quickly slammed that door shut.

"That wouldn't be an option," he said.

Snead did the same a few hours later.

"He's our starting quarterback and we're glad to have him," Snead said. "There's no (trade) scenario in that."

Read more: http://www.stltoday.com/sports/football/professional/rams-are-open-to-draft-deal/article_8d02f3df-1755-5c07-b802-5e8cff3e78d7.html#ixzz1nnE9SLi2

Link (http://interact.stltoday.com/discussions/sports/jim-thomas-live/LD0224121681/all)

Jim Thomas: Don't know how many times I have to say this: Rams are not trading Bradford. There are cap ramifications that make a Bradford trade tough to do anyway. But the Rams do not want to trade Bradford. One of the big reasons Jeff Fisher came here is because of Bradford.

PalmBeachSooner
2/29/2012, 04:34 PM
For the millionth time, it's not gonna happen.

I must have missed the first 999,999. I doubt it will happen with Sam's contract. Any team that would trade for Sam would be inhereting a huge salary burden and have to give up a lot of draft picks. The smart move would be to trade RGIII. You would most likely get more for RGIII than Sam, but not because RGIII is better. Trading for Sam would be much, much more expensive.

Salt City Sooner
2/29/2012, 06:10 PM
I think with the way RG3 has performed, they should get more than two first round draft picks at this point. The Browns might try to low-ball them, but if they do, then the Rams are going to get their two first round picks plus other picks/players from a different team.

And before anyone says "no other team has two first round picks," there's always next year's draft, right? Ricky Williams to the Saints meant New Orleans giving up its entire draft plus the next year's first round draft pick. I am hopeful that this dealio is similar to what St. Louis gets :D
Cincinnati & New England (man are they SHREWD at doing this) both have multiple first rounders, but I'm betting they're both happy with their respective QB situations. There is a rumor floating around about the Bengals doing a deal w/ the Cardinals in an effort to move up & get Richardson though.

SoonerorLater
2/29/2012, 06:23 PM
St Louis won't trade Bradford for all the reasons mentioned. They have an opportunity to trade their pick and fill a lot of holes. Even if they could trade Sam and draft Griffin they would still have the same problems they have now. A good QB without any help. Sure Griffin is faster and has more escapability but it would just be a matter of time before he is smashed into the ground too.

OUmillenium
2/29/2012, 11:31 PM
Sam to Dallas. Then if the end of the world could just wait till after the 2013 Superbowl.

yermom
2/29/2012, 11:39 PM
some team will trade way too much for the #2 pick and they should make out like bandits

maybe Denver wants another QB

Bourbon St Sooner
3/1/2012, 01:12 PM

That will never happen again.

badger
3/1/2012, 01:19 PM
That will never happen again.

Probably not, that's one of the major reasons Ditka got fired... then again, I imagine he would have eventually anyways. It's the Neffel, after all :P

ashley
3/3/2012, 02:09 PM
they never even thought about it.

oudavid1
3/3/2012, 02:51 PM
They should trade that pick for offensive coordinator that HAS to stay more than 17 minutes so Sam can get comfortable. Bradford is amazing.

StoopTroup
3/3/2012, 03:38 PM
I'd think The Colts would snap Bradford up in a trade and put Manning on the bench or trade him right now. I think last year proved how important having a smart talented QB with some experience is important to their success. Bradford has proved his worth and would be snapped immediately if the Rams were stupid enough to try and auction him off.

StoopTroup
3/3/2012, 03:50 PM
I must have missed the first 999,999. I doubt it will happen with Sam's contract. Any team that would trade for Sam would be inhereting a huge salary burden and have to give up a lot of draft picks. The smart move would be to trade RGIII. You would most likely get more for RGIII than Sam, but not because RGIII is better. Trading for Sam would be much, much more expensive.

Huh? I'm not trying to busy your balls but you seem to be dancing around the money vs the worth or ROI in the Bradford vs RG3 comparison.

I think things are so unclear because of this whole Salary Cap Deal that only insiders could really expose just how things are and I even wonder if they could explain it right now. It might take seeing how this draft pans out to even figure out how the Teams and experts involved felt about all the possible outcomes.

The Rams are in a very unique position right now. IMO...Draft History is being written.

Soonermagik
3/3/2012, 06:26 PM

I think RG3 is a stud and has exceeded expectations. However, 2 1st round picks in the NFL draft is a lot. I mean, if they get Kalil and say a Michael Floyd type receiver that would help the Rams a ton. The reason the Rams struggled this year was lack of protection and no offensive weapons, which wore their defense down.

I Am Right
3/4/2012, 08:39 PM
My favorite movie is the one I just watched, What have you done for me lately crowd.

CowboyMRW
3/5/2012, 12:54 AM
I think the Rams would be making a big mistake to get rid of Sam. They need to draft Kalil at 2 and there should be a good, big receiver they can take in the 2nd or 3rd round. Drafting RG3 is a mistake imo. He had a great year and all, but I don't think he's gonna translate into the NFL.

bettersoonerthenlater
3/5/2012, 10:57 AM
This is complete INSANITY! Running QBs DONT WINT super bowls!!!!!!! Although I can hope that dallas trade Romo and whatever they want for Sam oh and then trade Felix and whoever else for AD! Come on lets be realistic here! They will trade down and pick up a top tier WR or Linemine period!

soonerloyal
3/5/2012, 11:34 AM
Sam to Dallas. Then if the end of the world could just wait till after the 2013 Superbowl.

Bite your tongue. Clean off. Bite. :hurt: