PDA

View Full Version : Caleb Gastelum questions

cccasooner2
2/26/2012, 02:32 PM
His bio shows High School = Home School out of Claremore, Okla. http://www.soonersports.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/gastelum_caleb00.html

1. Is there such a thing as a HS named Home School?
2. If he was home schooled, where did he play football (the Premier OK Sandlot League :D )?
3. He participated in EVERY 2011 game (mostly STs) and got a few WTH props in 2011 preseason scrimages. He is not as physically imposing as his scholarship teammates at LB but could he be another Whaley story in the making (with bulking up)?

I'm a wormhole away and don't know Claremore or POSL football. Does anyone on this board know anything about this masked man?

SoonerInFortSmith
2/26/2012, 03:25 PM
There is a team that is comprised of only homeschooled kids from that area. They play against other homeschool teams and some smaller private schools that aren't part of the OSSAA. I believe they played some schools from TX as well.

From the highlites I have seen I would ccompare it to class A or maybe 2A ball. But he was definitely a man amongst boys out there.

Eielson
2/26/2012, 03:47 PM
I believe you can play at the local high school if you are home-schooled. It probably depends on the state, though.

Gastelum played with NOAH, though, which is probably the team the above post made a reference to.

swardboy
2/26/2012, 06:42 PM
^ You are right sir!

Youtube his name. He was extremely aggressive and dominated. I realize it was a home school league but I've been waiting to see this kid hit the field.

JagFan
7/22/2012, 09:05 PM
His bio shows High School = Home School out of Claremore, Okla. http://www.soonersports.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/gastelum_caleb00.html

1. Is there such a thing as a HS named Home School?
2. If he was home schooled, where did he play football (the Premier OK Sandlot League :D )?
3. He participated in EVERY 2011 game (mostly STs) and got a few WTH props in 2011 preseason scrimages. He is not as physically imposing as his scholarship teammates at LB but could he be another Whaley story in the making (with bulking up)?

I'm a wormhole away and don't know Claremore or POSL football. Does anyone on this board know anything about this masked man?NOAH has about 400 athletes in 10 sports for elementary thru 12th. The football team plays mostly 3A schools and often ranks in the top ten on MaxPreps among 3A teams. They have been the top ranked homeschool team in the nation (among 100+ homesschool eams that. MaxPreps follows. www.nhfcs.org
Blankenship was instrumental in helping his brother, Joe, get the program started in 2004.
Last season Massey ranked NOAH's schedule as the toughest in Oklahoma prep (they played Heritage Hall, DeSktop, Bethany, McAlister, and Metro.)

soonerboy_odanorth
7/23/2012, 10:23 AM
If you will recall, towards the end of last season's fall camp he was not only listed on the roster but on the two-deep as well.

BoomerJ
7/23/2012, 01:17 PM
I believe you can play at the local high school if you are home-schooled. It probably depends on the state, though.

Gastelum played with NOAH, though, which is probably the team the above post made a reference to.

Are you calling the guy old?

swardboy
7/23/2012, 01:29 PM
I am so ready for an unheralded, breakthrough phenom bust into the starting lineup. We haven't had one since.............last year!

Speaking of which...what's the latest on Mr. Whaley's rehab?

soonerboy_odanorth
7/23/2012, 07:13 PM
I am so ready for an unheralded, breakthrough phenom bust into the starting lineup. We haven't had one since.............last year!

Speaking of which...what's the latest on Mr. Whaley's rehab?

From Stoops at BigXII media days today he has been given the all clear for all activities. Stoops cautioned that we just won't know for sure until he takes that first cut in traffic as to whether he trusts it yet. So the only healing that is an unknown at this point is his noggin'. Hopefully he's good.

cccasooner2
7/23/2012, 07:52 PM
Just for fun. Pretend you don't know that he's a sophomore and participated in all 13 games of his redshirt freshman season at OU.

Do we offer homeboy (rap music please)?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gret0lFBkVY

cccasooner2
7/23/2012, 09:53 PM
With the loss of Patrick O’Hara, Caleb could be valuable on kickoffs as the kicker. It looks like he had a very strong leg in 2009 HS from the video above. It would be good to have a speedy, sound tackler as a last defender on an escapee. With the new kickoff starting point it may be a non-issue for escapees though.

This vid shows a lot of kicking, most for tbs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FtJ_ckzjKNs

JagFan
7/29/2012, 08:22 AM
With the loss of Patrick O’Hara, Caleb could be valuable on kickoffs as the kicker. It looks like he had a very strong leg in 2009 HS from the video above. It would be good to have a speedy, sound tackler as a last defender on an escapee. With the new kickoff starting point it may be a non-issue for escapees though.

This vid shows a lot of kicking, most for tbs.

His homeschool team mates used to love to taunt the kick returners after the tackle, by saying; "Dude! You just got tackled by our kicker! ... OUR KICKER!"

StoopTroup
7/29/2012, 09:03 PM
Some of you really miss the fact that we have kickers on our team. It might be cool to put Caleb in next to our regular kickoff expert and he can kick through the motion in a fake as Caleb puts down a nice onsides though.

Wouldn't that be fun to do to Mack in October?

cccasooner2
8/5/2012, 10:09 AM
https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/552587_10150994479442005_979362569_n.jpg