PDA

View Full Version : Syracuse 2012 Football Schedule...Oklahoma Rumblings Continue

SoCal
2/25/2012, 09:48 AM
http://www.nunesmagician.com/2012/2/24/2820942/syracuse-2012-football-schedule-fsu-oklahoma-georgia-tech

CuseConfidential.com says SU might still be in talks with the Sooners to fill an open spot. John Garcia over at Scout also mentioned it as well. The rumor is that OU would drop one of their scheduled games to add us, though it seems hard to believe that they would give up a home game to travel to the Dome. The Orange need another home game and if Temple joins the conference and takes WVU's schedule, that will be a road game as well.

IronHorseSooner
2/25/2012, 11:55 AM
As an SU alum, I can tell you that this is schedule suicide for them. They need to be looking for wins to get to a bowl, not having OU and SUC in the same season and getting eviscerated. As an OU fan, I would love to go back up there. My in-laws have season tickets, and this is a game that my wife would actually go!

King Crimson
2/25/2012, 01:21 PM
i'd be in favor of it. i suspect as nationwide as the OU alum/fan base is.....getting some OU fannies in seats on the East Coast to see the Sooners in person will only activate an out of state fanbase that might be big givers to OU. out here in the provinces we can only admire the machinations of Empire.

plus, we all love a Garrick McGee memory. John Blake beat Donovan McNabb. heck.

Dio
2/25/2012, 04:48 PM
opening the season @ Cuse >>>>> opening the season @ UTEP

8timechamps
2/25/2012, 06:34 PM
i'd be in favor of it. i suspect as nationwide as the OU alum/fan base is.....getting some OU fannies in seats on the East Coast to see the Sooners in person will only activate an out of state fanbase that might be big givers to OU. out here in the provinces we can only admire the machinations of Empire.

plus, we all love a Garrick McGee memory. John Blake beat Donovan McNabb. heck.

I drank a little bit before the last Syracuse game (in Norman), but I have a vivid memory of two things:

1. It was hot as hell.
2. McNabb puking on the sidelines.

85sooners
2/25/2012, 06:45 PM
Puker!!

bluedogok
2/25/2012, 11:06 PM
I drank a little bit before the last Syracuse game (in Norman), but I have a vivid memory of two things:

1. It was hot as hell.
2. McNabb puking on the sidelines.
1. Yes it was.....
2. Not only on the sidelines, he stepped out from under center, turned his and blew chunks a yard behind the guard around the 35 yard line.

picasso
2/26/2012, 12:55 AM
Don't forget PJ Mills getting stripped at the 'Cuse.

That's back when we made game winning field goals.

LASooner
2/26/2012, 02:26 AM
Don't forget PJ Mills getting stripped at the 'Cuse.

This may be the exact moment the avalanche of agony started, OU looked really good up until that moment and then that happened and everything went into the crapper until the day Bob Stoops took the podium.