PDA

View Full Version : Would you support fat taxes?

badger
2/24/2012, 04:47 PM
I want more fun topics on this board that can still be political and fun at the same time so here goes.

We tax tobacco, arguably because it is unhealthy.

Would you support taxes on other things that are considered unhealthy?

I post this in honor of fatty Jim Traber, my new avatar after he decided to trash Nic Harris (see the football forum). I think we should tax his arse. :P

Curly Bill
2/24/2012, 04:48 PM
NO!

badger
2/24/2012, 04:55 PM
NO!

So you support this?!

http://i.imgur.com/8g9gz.gif

^^^THIS?!?!^^^

:mad: Why do you hate the Sooners :mad:

SoonerTerry
2/24/2012, 04:57 PM
how about a stupid tax

Curly Bill
2/24/2012, 05:08 PM
So you support this?!

^^^THIS?!?!^^^

I don't "support" it, but neither am I in favor trying to tax it out of existence. We're taxed enough already, just knock the f--k off with more & more taxes!

Curly Bill
2/24/2012, 05:09 PM
how about a stupid tax

The country would be out of debt in a couple of months.

badger
2/24/2012, 05:45 PM
how about a stupid tax

This brings up a good point... if we were to have a fat tax... OR a stupid tax, who would determine what would constitute "fat" or "stupid?"

Would everything that isn't fruits and vegetables constitute "fat," or just the empty calorie stuff like soda, chips and candy?

I have heard that the tax on stupid is things like the lottery, but could other stupid acts, such as tabloid magazine purchases, or donations to political campaigns, also be construed as "stupid?"

pphilfran
2/24/2012, 05:49 PM
Since I am skinny I should get a tax rebate...

SouthCarolinaSooner
2/24/2012, 06:00 PM
NO!
fat^

cccasooner2
2/24/2012, 06:17 PM
This brings up a good point... if we were to have a fat tax... OR a stupid tax, who would determine what would constitute "fat" or "stupid?"

Would everything that isn't fruits and vegetables constitute "fat," or just the empty calorie stuff like soda, chips and candy?

I have heard that the tax on stupid is things like the lottery, but could other stupid acts, such as tabloid magazine purchases, or donations to political campaigns, also be construed as "stupid?"

Anything that is ambiguous. In this economy, we must preserve the most important elements of our society, namely the indigent (our lawyers and politicians).

soonercruiser
2/24/2012, 09:37 PM
No fat tax!
I'm for a debt tax.
Anyone who has spent themselves into deep debt should be punished further with a tax.
Start by taxing any Congressperson who has ever voted for raising the debt ceiling!

"Cause, after all, fat taxes are just bigger taxes.

diverdog
2/24/2012, 11:18 PM
I don't "support" it, but neither am I in favor trying to tax it out of existence. We're taxed enough already, just knock the f--k off with more & more taxes!

We are not taxed enough! I bet the average rate paid on this board is below 20%.

AlboSooner
2/24/2012, 11:22 PM
So you support this?!

^^^THIS?!?!^^^

Hahahahahahahahahahahahhahaah

what a gif

Curly Bill
2/25/2012, 12:51 AM
fat^

6-3 195... but how about this: Dumbass^^^^^^

SCOUT
2/25/2012, 03:33 AM

Badger brings up a good question, as usual. The question can be restated as what should be considered contributory to being fat. The answer is judgment. The same judgment that determined that alcohol and tobacco should be subject to a sin tax.

This is not an endorsement of a fat tax, by the way. Just pointing out that this rationale is already in place.

SouthCarolinaSooner
2/25/2012, 11:03 AM
Badger brings up a good question, as usual. The question can be restated as what should be considered contributory to being fat. The answer is judgment. The same judgment that determined that alcohol and tobacco should be subject to a sin tax.

This is not an endorsement of a fat tax, by the way. Just pointing out that this rationale is already in place.
Not to mention being fat puts a greater weight on society.

pphilfran
2/25/2012, 11:17 AM
Sin tax on:

Booze
Smokes
Red meat
Fried food
Processed foods
Desserts
Chocolate
Fast food
Mayo/salad dressing
Soft drinks
Energy drinks
White flour
Whole milk
etc...etc....etc...

Turd_Ferguson
2/25/2012, 11:34 AM
Sin tax on:

Booze
Smokes
Red meat
Fried food
Processed foods
Desserts
Chocolate
Fast food
Mayo/salad dressing
Soft drinks
Energy drinks
White flour
Whole milk
etc...etc....etc...
Not cool^^^^

Turd_Ferguson
2/25/2012, 11:35 AM
Not to mention being fat puts a greater weight on society.Pun^^^^

pphilfran
2/25/2012, 11:36 AM
Not cool^^^^

Get over it...we are heading in that direction...

Turd_Ferguson
2/25/2012, 11:41 AM
Get over it...we are heading in that direction...Bossy^^^^

pphilfran
2/25/2012, 11:43 AM
Bossy^^^^

Realist.... lol...

Whet
2/25/2012, 01:29 PM
We should tax handicapped people because they require more services than others. Those special parking signs, sidewalk cuts for wheelchairs, wider doorways, etc.

Also, a special criminal tax for those convicted of committing a crime. Criminal behavior costs all of us, so they should be taxed.

How about a tax on minorities, since it cost all of us to implement racial hiring for affirmative action and special celebrations. Think how much money it costs to implement those minority set asides for about ant governmental programs!

A union member tax should also be implemented, since their inflated wages and benefits cost the rest of society in higher prices, lower quality of services, and quality. Not to mention the costs when they go on strike.

There are all sorts of actions that cost the rest of society that does not participate in that particular act or life style.

Turd_Ferguson
2/25/2012, 01:35 PM
We should tax handicapped people because they require more services than others. Those special parking signs, sidewalk cuts for wheelchairs, wider doorways, etc.

Also, a special criminal tax for those convicted of committing a crime. Criminal behavior costs all of us, so they should be taxed.

How about a tax on minorities, since it cost all of us to implement racial hiring for affirmative action and special celebrations. Think how much money it costs to implement those minority set asides for about ant governmental programs!

A union member tax should also be implemented, since their inflated wages and benefits cost the rest of society in higher prices, lower quality of services, and quality. Not to mention the costs when they go on strike.

There are all sorts of actions that cost the rest of society that does not participate in that particular act or life style.Hell, that right there would take care of the deficit...

badger
2/25/2012, 07:06 PM
At least with a fat tax, it could be something that people had a choice in paying or not... alas, i heard that when sin taxes were thrust in the brits, the government got accustomed to the increased revenue... and brits started getting healthy instead of choosing to keep up their sinful ways, hehe.

Sooooo... since we're brit's bratty child anyway, we can safely assume that a fat tax would lead to a temporary increase of revenue that the government may grow to rely on... but people will choose to be healthier rather than pay the fat taxes.

cleller
2/25/2012, 09:03 PM
I would support the fat tax if it would make it possible to get down the WalMart aisle when two women are standing around. The Stupid Tax would cost more to enforce than it could ever be worth.