PDA

View Full Version : Nic Harris Vs. Jimbo Traber...

Turd_Ferguson
2/24/2012, 02:17 PM
Anybody hear this on the sports animal today? I didn't but heard Nic tore his *** up...

badger
2/24/2012, 02:35 PM
Anybody hear this on the sports animal today? I didn't but heard Nic tore his *** up...

You have me curious. Fill me in SF.com people :)

badger
2/24/2012, 02:39 PM
Our land thieves buddies have a thread going on it here. (http://www.landthieves.com/board/showthread.php?27019-Nic-Harris-vs-Jim-Traber)

They also posted this sh!t hehe:

b8wSkAkvE38

Little man syndrome. I'm short, so I can say that (although I'm also female so maybe I can't)

ousooners182
2/24/2012, 02:42 PM
http://podcasting.fia.net/6779/4972216.mp3

theres a link to the podcast if anyone is interested

damn traber is soooooooooooo annoying

badger
2/24/2012, 02:44 PM
Once again, all credit to Land Thieves:

Audio clip of Traber b!tching (http://podcasting.fia.net/6779/4972216.mp3)

And a reminder to not eat at Mazzio's:
http://i.imgur.com/8g9gz.gif

SoonerAtKU
2/24/2012, 02:45 PM
Does Mazzio's make your hair greasy and flat like that? I don't remember mine being that way when I lived in Oklahoma.

badger
2/24/2012, 02:46 PM
Does Mazzio's make your hair greasy and flat like that? I don't remember mine being that way when I lived in Oklahoma.

I can't believe they put him in an ad, but here's the background:

The Lost Ogle link (http://www.thelostogle.com/2012/01/31/regular-jim-traber-is-the-new-spokesperson-for-mazzios/)

rainiersooner
2/24/2012, 02:56 PM
Traber is a moron.

badger
2/24/2012, 02:57 PM
Paraphrasing

Jim: Did you hear what I had to say about you earlier today?

Nic: No I didn't.

Jim: Calling Tim Tebow Baby Jesus is degrading to my faith!

Nic: Are you saying that you are the only one in this country that practices that faith?

Jim: I promise you that there's a whole bunch of Christians listening that were offended by that!

Nic: That's fine, I can give them my address and we can meet, but you asked me for my rebuttal...

Jim: Aaaaaa-dressssss???

Nic: Now this is what I meant when I called him Baby Jesus. The treatment at Gainesville, the treatment at ESPN, the treatment at Denver gives the kid, just because of a faith, that he's openly showing and practicing. There are a lot of guys practicing faith and you don't hear them getting mentioned repeatedly on ESPN.

Jim: That sounds like a lot of jealousy here!

Nic: Jealousy?!

Jim: Yeah, a lot of jealousy.

Nic: I'm a top notch football player that gets a paycheck also. Why would I be jealous of him?

Jim: ...well, maybe, because he's getting talked a lot more than you are. He's playing a lot more than you are!

(a lot of talking back and forth)

Nic: This is my rebuttal, you asked me to call in, and this is my rebuttal!

Jim: This sounds like a lot of sour grapes and jealously, maybe because he beat you for the national championship!

Nic: I was there! Where were you, blogging about it?

Jim: That's a good one, because I didn't play in the game, that's a good one.

Nic: And that makes good radio, doesn't it?

Jim: I just tell my feelings!

Nic: Then don't say it's a copout because I'm giving my feelings, you know what I'm saying?

Jim: I didn't say it was a copout! What I said was it sounds a whole bunch of jealousy and because he beat you in the championship game!

Nic: No, you said was weak because of the faith comment. I'm not jealous at all. I wish them all the best. Everybody that played on that OU team wishes them all the best. When is anyone going to be happy about a loss?

Jim: I never said a word about being happy about a loss.

(more talking back and worth)

Jim: If MY opinion doesn't matter, then why did you call in?!

Nic: Because you commented on my comment!

And so on. He pwns Jim. Not to give him a traffic bump, but go ahead and listen. Traber is such a loser.

jk the sooner fan
2/24/2012, 03:01 PM
i love Nic Harris - but he sounds like an 16 year old trying to argue with an idiot - neither one of them come across as particularly intelligent

Harris trips up on his own words numerous times....I don't like Traber anymore than anybody else - but listening to the whole thing - i just wouldnt consider that a win for Nic

i'm sure everybody else will see it differently

i think BBJ did more to "tear up" Trabor than anybody else

picasso
2/24/2012, 03:04 PM
So Traber calls Harris out on the radio and is wondering why he called up?

And who cares if he called him baby jesus. I'm a Christian and could care less.

picasso
2/24/2012, 03:05 PM
i love Nic Harris - but he sounds like an 16 year old trying to argue with an idiot - neither one of them come across as particularly intelligent

Harris trips up on his own words numerous times....I don't like Traber anymore than anybody else - but listening to the whole thing - i just wouldnt consider that a win for Nic

i'm sure everybody else will see it differently

i think BBJ did more to "tear up" Trabor than anybody else
That's probably because Traber was pushing his buttons. Do you expect him to be an expert debating type?

SoonerPride
2/24/2012, 03:13 PM
I love how Traber thinks that Nic Harris (or anyone) should care if their comment degrades his faith.

Yeah, fatty, it's all about you. You and you alone.

I'm so glad I stopped listening to that station years ago.

jk the sooner fan
2/24/2012, 03:18 PM
That's probably because Traber was pushing his buttons. Do you expect him to be an expert debating type?

did i say that?

no i dont...but everybody is going to talk about how he destroyed Traber and that has more to do with the dislike for him than anything else

keep on with the rage! :)

badger
2/24/2012, 03:20 PM
Even though we beat OSU earlier this week, I decided to put up a Poke as my avvie as a warning to all.

SoonerAtKU
2/24/2012, 03:35 PM
It's a shame for Nic, because Traber adds nothing to a conversation, but if you engage him, it legitimizes his idiotic opinion. Something like wrestling with a pizza-greased pig.

OhU1
2/24/2012, 03:46 PM
To listen to guys like Traber you would think the 70-80% Christian majority is being persecuted. Poor Jim. "The Fat Jack", his buddy, is another claimed "good Christian" you can hear on the Sports Mammal.

Traber sounds like he needed to empty his colostomy bag.

jk the sooner fan
2/24/2012, 03:48 PM
i'm not sure why the "baby jesus" reference is so offensive to Trabor

i thought only the mooslims got all up in arms over such behavior

Scott D
2/24/2012, 03:56 PM
Because Traber is still butt hurt that he was no Cecil Fielder in Japan.

Boomer.....
2/24/2012, 04:08 PM
Traber gets worked up anytime anyone talks bad about Tebow.

nativesooner
2/24/2012, 04:16 PM

i thought only the mooslims got all up in arms over such behavior

I know... I guess he should call him Timmy Teabag like I do? haha!

Turd_Ferguson
2/24/2012, 04:21 PM
I love how Traber thinks that Nic Harris (or anyone) should care if their comment degrades his faith.

Yeah, fatty, it's all about you. You and you alone.

I'm so glad I stopped listening to that station years ago.Should have known your janky *** would come in here with some anti-christian smack...

badger
2/24/2012, 04:42 PM

because a sooner said it.

diet now, people! we do NOT need anymore jim trabers running in this state!

GDC
2/24/2012, 04:46 PM
You guys are giving Traber play, don't fall for it, ignore him!

cccasooner2
2/24/2012, 05:35 PM
Our land thieves buddies have a thread going on it here. (http://www.landthieves.com/board/showthread.php?27019-Nic-Harris-vs-Jim-Traber)

They also posted this sh!t hehe:

b8wSkAkvE38

Little man syndrome. I'm short, so I can say that (although I'm also female so maybe I can't)

Those guys really miss Chuck Long. TG Lawrence is not too far away so they can pound off to a happy ending.

cccasooner2
2/24/2012, 05:47 PM
Once again, all credit to Land Thieves:

Audio clip of Traber b!tching (http://podcasting.fia.net/6779/4972216.mp3)

And a reminder to not eat at Mazzio's:
http://i.imgur.com/8g9gz.gif

Nice logic Jim: athiest = believer in Satan. Obviously the guy never learned anything in school. He did learn, however that pissing people off pays, especially when it comes to sports. Sounds like he could be a Rush fill in for another forum.

OhU1
2/24/2012, 05:53 PM
Nice logic Ben: athiest = believer in Satan. Obviously the guy never learned anything in school. He did learn, however that pissing people off pays, especially when it comes to sports. Sounds like he could be a Rush fill in for another forum.

I swear you can almost see Jim getting fatter if you look long enough at that avatar of him stuffing his jowls. Jim's got the belt unbuckled and the colostomy bag cap on drain for an epic feast it appears.

goingoneight
2/24/2012, 06:03 PM
Apparently and lately Traber has been drinking lots of Gatorade/Tebow Kool-aid; and that's fine. For the thousands of times people defend Traber as being fair and unbiased, all you have to do is know how to push his little buttons like any sports fan out there. This was ridiculous on the part of both Nic and Traber. Nic, because there was no need to call up the Sports Animal to defend himself for saying whatever the hell he wanted to say in a free country and to Traber for bringing a totally different subject up to try and back up his man crush on Tebow. Yeah, Traber... he's REALLY sore over a National Championship loss nearly four years ago. He's got to just be crying himself to sleep in that bed of millions the NFL has given him.
I know we here are Sooner fans... so it's kinda hard for someone with their head elsewhere to grasp the fact that the vast majority of these guys are long over their college days once they're over with. Hell, maybe the biggest Sooner fan-turned quarterback, Sam Bradford was quoted in an interview two months after the Sun Bowl as saying he's "over" being quarterback at Oklahoma. Does anyone doubt Sam's love for OU and the football program?
Back to Nic versus Traber... Traber's argument goes from 'you offend my faith' to 'you offend other peoples' faith' to 'you're jealous of Tebow' to 'you're just mad that he beat you in a game three years ago.' Is there any reason why he didn't just say "I'm looking for ratings and I believe I can rile an ex-Sooner up?"

"You offend my faith."
... weak. You cast the first stone here, ye without sin.

"You're jealous of Tebow playing more than you are."
... weak again. EVERY QB plays more than a DB does. And even if they played equal reps, the QB is second to the coach for camera time always.

"You're jealous of Tebow."
... hmmm... two guys making lots of money living in nice cities. I doubt Nic just hates his life and wishes he could be St. Timothy.

"You're mad that he beat you in the National Championship."
... no more than you're pissed that you're an aggy and he's a Sooner. So which is it, Jim? Jealousy or dragging up pointless arguments that are way off base of subject?

They don't carry the OU games anymore, so I don't particularly care to ever tune into them anymore.

SoonerMom2
2/24/2012, 08:12 PM
Cannot stand Traber and refuse to listen to the Sports Animal -- he calls out Harris and then wonders why he called in? Traber has the class of a gnat.

Soonermagik
2/24/2012, 08:56 PM
Jim Traber is a major ******!! Honestly, I think he pulls this crap so people will talk about him and his lame show. I guess I got suckered, too.

starclassic tama
2/24/2012, 09:18 PM
the jealousy thing is really stupid. wasn't percy harvin MVP of that game? i'm willing to bet harvin is a christian. so why isn't everyone jealous and talking crap on harvin? because nic harris has a point that the media treats tebow in an unprecedented, ridiculous way. all harris' point was is that the media treats tebow a certain way, and that tebow's actions that harris has experienced first hand do not jive with the persona he puts out there. traber can't see that because he acts like tebow is his son and fellow member of his christian army

EatLeadCommie
2/24/2012, 09:37 PM
Why is it that Traber is always 2 or 3 times louder than everybody else, to include the guys in the studio with him? It must be written into his contract.

Fraggle145
2/24/2012, 10:17 PM
This is why I dont listen to the sports urinal. My 8 day old kid can tell you Trabwhore doesnt know what he is talking about.

Whet
2/24/2012, 10:30 PM
Who the **** is Jim Traber and why does his opinion matter?

AlboSooner
2/24/2012, 11:25 PM
that has to be the fattest white-knighting evar.

had jim been born in Pakistan, he'd be one of those guys who'd strap a bomb around his waist in the name of allah

Crimsontothecore
2/25/2012, 12:23 AM
I wish BBJ would have told Traber that the only reason he jumped on Harris's comment was because Traber is jealous of OU because he went to osu and couldn't beat OU.

LASooner
2/25/2012, 02:15 AM
Who the **** is Jim Traber and why does his opinion matter?

Think Kenny Powers without talent.

SCOUT
2/25/2012, 04:32 AM
Why is it that Traber is always 2 or 3 times louder than everybody else, to include the guys in the studio with him? It must be written into his contract.
Since you are listening, you are part of the problem. Be part of the solution.

sozo
2/25/2012, 11:37 AM
Being called Baby Jesus is the greatest thing anyone could say to a person.That is WHO we are suppose to be like! :)

StoopTroup
2/25/2012, 12:57 PM
The Media always gives QBs attention. The Defenses all give the QB attention and try to give them just enough that they can't run their offense up to and including the right amount of concussions that they end up praying to Jesus 24/7.

Football is a violent sport.

Traber is a baked potato.

Turd_Ferguson
2/25/2012, 01:01 PM
You have confirmed my suspicions...

Soonerus
2/25/2012, 01:09 PM
Trader is an aggie and that explains it all...

Scott D
2/25/2012, 07:07 PM
<--- was the first person banned when Traber tried having his own message board.

Apparently he doesn't like when you point out that he wasn't good enough to hold Bob Horner's jockstrap. :)

badger
2/25/2012, 09:09 PM
That message board is gone now, right?

If you ever want to see the latest sh!t on traber, go to the lost ogle. It is absolutely amazing how many ways you can hate on traber :)

1- he tried to get someone who emailed him with criticism fired.

Joke is on jim: he mistakenly thought that the company attached to the email address was where the email worked when it was just the guy's internet provider, so someone just posed as the guy's boss.

2- he tried to sell advertising on his site for hundreds of dollars.

Joke is on jim: lost ogle found this out by a reader posing as a serious business owner.

3- the mazzio's ad.

Joke: it made mazzio's and traber both look bad.

4- cardboard jim traber

Joke: it got kicked out of the okc gay pride festival.

The list goes on. I'll link em later when i'm not on my phone

Crimsontothecore
2/26/2012, 09:03 PM
Traber is one big walking, breathing contradiction. He jumped on Harris for calling Tebow baby Jesus as if it were degrading yet he refers to people as "yard birds" constantly. He professes to be a christian yet he is an avid gambler.

Funny how his dominating loud mouth isn't so effective when he can't just scream over the caller and hang up on them like with Harris. When a person debating him is actually allowed to finish their sentences he gets owned pretty easy. Bravo to Nic Harris.

MamaMia
2/27/2012, 02:11 PM
He constantly raises his voice and talks over people, especially when they are about ready to make a point. Its so annoying.

birddog
2/27/2012, 04:16 PM
Just strap a feed bag to traber and get the whole thing over with

OUInformant
2/27/2012, 08:38 PM
I listened to the whole charade on the live air, and it was pretty entertaining. I had to side with Traber on this one.

It seems to me that Nic and some of the other players are jealous that Tebow gets so much pub. I really didn't think Nic represented OU that well.

BeaSooner
2/27/2012, 09:02 PM
Let's face it...the media treats Tebow a little like the 2nd coming.....and Traber is an emotional wind bag.

StoopTroup
2/27/2012, 09:21 PM
Saturday Night Live made Tebow even more popular IMO. Sometimes even bad Comedy and the exposure you get from a show like that can be a shot in the arm.

The guy seems to take the ribbing and just keep on being Tim Tebow. IMO that's Tebow's Strength. If he ever gets tired of the ribbing and suddenly calls foul about it.....it will swing the other way on him. He's been pretty blessed considering his limitations and somehow made the most out of it. I know lots of folks are sick of it but it only goes away unless Tebow is insincere. I don't think the guy has an insincere bone in his body but hey...maybe I'm wrong. Maybe someday Tim will prove me wrong. When he does or if he does....that's on Tim. This is the path he's chosen in life. I wish him well. Same with Nic.

Traber needs to STFU.

TXBOOMER
2/27/2012, 11:31 PM
Traber is a DICK. He is a bully. He runs like a little beeotch when he knows he doesn't have the upper hand. The guy is in the media and he wants to censor something a guest's opinion???? They need to terminate his azz. I quit listening to his crap.

Crimsontothecore
2/28/2012, 06:44 PM
I listened to the whole charade on the live air, and it was pretty entertaining. I had to side with Traber on this one.

It seems to me that Nic and some of the other players are jealous that Tebow gets so much pub. I really didn't think Nic represented OU that well.

Nic explained very clearly why he made his comments. I don't know why you think jealously had anything to do with it. I think Harris is like many others who are sick of TT being put on a moral pedestal. I also think that players like Nic saw a different side of TT than what the media presents and they realize what a fraud he is.

If you want to see jealousy then look no further than the POS radio host you agree with.

jk the sooner fan
2/28/2012, 07:04 PM
very clearly?

man i dunno - i think he tried, but i dont know that i'd use the phrase "very clearly" to describe what Nic said

Crimsontothecore
2/28/2012, 09:21 PM
I think he made it clear that the way he feels about TT has everything to do with how he demonstrates his faith as opposed to other players who are also men of faith. All Traber could come back with was the old "you're just jealous" routine. One thing that was perfectly clear was Traber's man crush on TT and how he attacks anyone who doesn't share his opinion.

Monster Zero
2/29/2012, 10:12 PM
To listen to guys like Traber you would think the 70-80% Christian majority is being persecuted. Poor Jim. "The Fat Jack", his buddy, is another claimed "good Christian" you can hear on the Sports Mammal.

Traber sounds like he needed to empty his colostomy bag.

I think (actually I'm pretty sure) that I heard Pat Jones call those two the "Fellowship of Christian Gamblers."

Monster Zero
2/29/2012, 10:19 PM
Nic explained very clearly why he made his comments. I don't know why you think jealously had anything to do with it. I think Harris is like many others who are sick of TT being put on a moral pedestal. I also think that players like Nic saw a different side of TT than what the media presents and they realize what a fraud he is.
If you want to see jealousy then look no further than the POS radio host you agree with.

Now that you mention it... in the NC game where St. Timmy got flagged for unsportsmanlike conduct (actually I think at least one of the refs wanted to throw him out of the game or else why did the refs have to huddle about what to do about it) when he did the "Gator chomp" or whatever they call it right in the face of one of our db's...

Wasn't that Nic? Or was it someone else? I don't recall for sure but it seems like it might have been Nic. And yeah, I personally think stuff like that is part of the real Teblow that we never see.

EatLeadCommie
2/29/2012, 10:21 PM
Since you are listening, you are part of the problem. Be part of the solution.
I don't give him ratings. I'm in Dallas. The only times I've heard him are when somebody posts either a radio or tv snippet on the message boards, or when I'm in Norman on gameday and his show is broadcasting outside. He is always MUCH louder than anybody else.

8timechamps
2/29/2012, 10:34 PM
I don't give him ratings. I'm in Dallas. The only times I've heard him are when somebody posts either a radio or tv snippet on the message boards, or when I'm in Norman on gameday and his show is broadcasting outside. He is always MUCH louder than anybody else.

I love Oklahoma. Born and raised (and educated) there. But, let's face it, OKC is not the media capital of the world. Traber is doing sports talk radio in Oklahoma City. It's not like the guy is some national voice.

I remember when he first started on radio in OKC (I was still living there at the time). The guy couldn't get over JT Snow beating his *** out. Aggie or not, he turned me off the first time I head him speak.

Crimsontothecore
2/29/2012, 11:21 PM
Now that you mention it... in the NC game where St. Timmy got flagged for unsportsmanlike conduct (actually I think at least one of the refs wanted to throw him out of the game or else why did the refs have to huddle about what to do about it) when he did the "Gator chomp" or whatever they call it right in the face of one of our db's...

Wasn't that Nic? Or was it someone else? I don't recall for sure but it seems like it might have been Nic. And yeah, I personally think stuff like that is part of the real Teblow that we never see.

I really don't know if the chomp was directed at Harris or not. When I listened to the Harris-Traber audio I noticed BBJ mentioned OU players talking about how TT cussed like a sailor. Do I think taunting a player during a game or cussing means you aren't a christian? of course not, but if I witnessed that stuff from a guy who the media puts on a pedestal I would be sick of it too. What irritates me about the view of people like Traber is that they act like there's no way to justify not being in love with Tebow. They act like you're being anti-christian if you don't admire and gush about Tim Tebow.

Scott D
3/1/2012, 06:44 PM
I love Oklahoma. Born and raised (and educated) there. But, let's face it, OKC is not the media capital of the world. Traber is doing sports talk radio in Oklahoma City. It's not like the guy is some national voice.

I remember when he first started on radio in OKC (I was still living there at the time). The guy couldn't get over JT Snow beating his *** out. Aggie or not, he turned me off the first time I head him speak.

be fair, you're talking about a guy who's eternal moment on youtube is trying to rush the mound in japan and getting owned.

8timechamps
3/1/2012, 08:11 PM
be fair, you're talking about a guy who's eternal moment on youtube is trying to rush the mound in japan and getting owned.

True, very true.

Sooners78
3/2/2012, 11:52 AM
Traber is one big walking, breathing contradiction. He jumped on Harris for calling Tebow baby Jesus as if it were degrading yet he refers to people as "yard birds" constantly. He professes to be a christian yet he is an avid gambler.

This. Traber professing Christianity is laughable. I felt the same way about TT when he went up to OU players and did the gator chomp in their faces. Although, I like what I've seen of Tebow as of late. He's humbled himself, and the coverage he gets is more media driven than Tebow driven.