PDA

View Full Version : Eastbound and Down Season 3!!!

ouleaf
2/24/2012, 10:24 AM
Kenny Powers is back as of last week and better than ever! Episode 2 airs sunday. Episode 1 was great. Like that Sudekis is on the show this season. Let the quotes begin.

in reference to a PS3, "It is an appropriate gift for a baby. It does Blu-rays, which are in high definition, so it’s better for his eyes to take upon the movies."

"He looks like the dude from The Shield. Chicklets"

"It’s part three of my life saga collection. You know, when I get back to the majors, it’s gonna be a humongous human interest piece. People are gonna be clamoring for the f*ckin’ story. I’m not gonna be sittin’ around writin’ a book, so I did myself a favor, and I f*ckin’ pre-wrote the b*tch."

8timechamps
2/24/2012, 07:11 PM
The best line from episode 1:

(paraphrased, because I can't remember word-for-word)

Danny McBride is sitting and talking to Sudekis after his (Kenny's) night out with boobs (April):

McBride "well, you're in a good mood!"

Sudekis "I am Kenny, and you want to know why?"...."Pills!".

Boomer.....
2/25/2012, 10:58 AM
This season should be much better than season 2.

yermom
2/25/2012, 11:11 AM
how do they pack so much awesome into 6 episodes?

8timechamps
2/25/2012, 06:20 PM
how do they pack so much awesome into 6 episodes?

You can tell they improv most of it. I saw an interview with Will Ferrell, and he said they give them a starting point and an ending point for each scene, and it's up to them to make it from beginning to end. That's what makes it so damn funny.

Blue
2/25/2012, 06:23 PM
Why is the one airng now episodes 14? Wasn't there 2 seasons of 6 episodes?

GDC
2/25/2012, 08:00 PM
Funniest show on teevee

Wishboned
2/25/2012, 08:08 PM
Why is the one airng now episodes 14? Wasn't there 2 seasons of 6 episodes?

The second season had 7 episodes.

badger
2/25/2012, 08:41 PM
I am on the app version so i thought this was mizzou bashing thread after they lost to ku.

They are (sec) eastbound and they still suck! :P

Peach Fuzz
2/25/2012, 08:46 PM
I am on the app version so i thought this was mizzou bashing thread after they lost to ku.

They are (sec) eastbound and they still suck! :P
lame

probably the funniest show for me in a loooong time. Can't get enough.

8timechamps
2/25/2012, 10:42 PM
Is it because Kenny Powers does and says everything you ever wanted to (but knew it was socially unacceptable) that makes it so funny? I laugh pretty much the minute he opens his mouth until the show ends.

Peach Fuzz
2/26/2012, 08:35 PM
Is it because Kenny Powers does and says everything you ever wanted to (but knew it was socially unacceptable) that makes it so funny? I laugh pretty much the minute he opens his mouth until the show ends.
Pretty. Damn. Much. He's that smartass that can pop off the best lines for any situation that you wish you were clever enough for.

Blue
2/26/2012, 08:45 PM
That whole surfing scene was hilarious. "Whats up surfers, ya damn nerds." "Your damn right I'm a sponger. I'll sponge this whole ocean up with my big ****." or something. I laughed.

8timechamps
2/27/2012, 04:17 PM
The part when he went looking for April at her office:

"What up Realtors!"

Then, when he was explaining that the baby was safe in the backpack:

"I put some lettuce in there for him to eat, and poked holes so he can breath..." Awesome!

GDC
2/27/2012, 09:31 PM
The weakest parts of the entire series have been when Will Ferrell shows up. Fortunately it's only been a couple times.

yermom
2/27/2012, 09:39 PM
it's not normally THAT bad. that has to have been the worst episode i have seen.

ouleaf
2/27/2012, 11:01 PM
"You look like a strange sort of Mexican Grimace."

8timechamps
2/28/2012, 06:05 PM
The weakest parts of the entire series have been when Will Ferrell shows up. Fortunately it's only been a couple times.

The last episode just got too weird. I thought he was funny the time when Kenny was pitching at his BMW dealership, but last week...he was just weird.

soonerinabilene
2/28/2012, 09:27 PM
"I think his body is rejecting the Pepsi."

ouleaf
3/7/2012, 09:38 AM
How great was the Russian dude this week? Love that he came out to the Russian national anthem ala Ivan Drago in Rocky IV.

"You guys are parents now. And with parenthood comes certain sacrifices. A white baby needs care, basically 24/7..."

"The trident. Poseidon, god of the oceans’ weapon of choice. Ancient mermen used to use this weapon in battle to fight against the crustacean armies, and all the shrimps, and jellyfish of the sea..."

"In order to become a man, and on the team, you have to crawl into there and murder a rat. Everyone on the team has done this before..."

"You better f*ckin’ think again bro. I’m the most famous person the Mermen have on the team. Next one up to the majors... I’m the f*ckin’ team leader, I’m the franchise star player. See it, saw it, sawn it..."

8timechamps
3/7/2012, 05:32 PM
How great was the Russian dude this week? Love that he came out to the Russian national anthem ala Ivan Drago in Rocky IV.

"You guys are parents now. And with parenthood comes certain sacrifices. A white baby needs care, basically 24/7..."

"The trident. Poseidon, god of the oceans’ weapon of choice. Ancient mermen used to use this weapon in battle to fight against the crustacean armies, and all the shrimps, and jellyfish of the sea..."

"In order to become a man, and on the team, you have to crawl into there and murder a rat. Everyone on the team has done this before..."

"You better f*ckin’ think again bro. I’m the most famous person the Mermen have on the team. Next one up to the majors... I’m the f*ckin’ team leader, I’m the franchise star player. See it, saw it, sawn it..."

I'm pretty sure that the Russian dude is an American guy from Mad TV. He plays the role perfect! When Kenny was called out of the bullpen, and tried to knock the ball out of his hand...that was funny, but when they swung the bullpen gate open and he was hanging on it, I pissed myself.