PDA

View Full Version : Let's get it started!!!

S.PadreIsl.Sooner
2/22/2012, 03:12 PM
I know our boys have struggled lately, but I don't care.

BOOMER!!!!

badger
2/22/2012, 03:16 PM
I have lost my avatar too many times this sports season and I don't intend on losing it again tonight!

SOONER!!!!

badger
2/22/2012, 03:23 PM
In honor of it being :stunned:

F OKIE LITE circa 2010 (http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showthread.php?147947-GET-IT-STARTED!!!-F-OKIE-LITE!!!)

I tried to do a sequel but it sucks so don't click here. (http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showthread.php?163716-F-OKIE-LITE-THE-SEQUEL-EIGHT-IN-A-ROW&highlight=okie+lite)

Boomer.....
2/22/2012, 03:35 PM
Aggy's going down!!!

BOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMEEEERRRRRRR!!11!!!!!1

Boomer.....
2/22/2012, 04:09 PM
Although I know how important playing at home is, I'm shocked that OU is a 4.5 point favorite.

OU_Sooners75
2/22/2012, 05:17 PM
Although I know how important playing at home is, I'm shocked that OU is a 4.5 point favorite.

Probably because OU is a few ref screw jobs from beating OSU in Stoolwater.

Also a few missed FTs from beating Missouri!

Boomer.....
2/22/2012, 05:20 PM
Probably because OU is a few ref screw jobs from beating OSU in Stoolwater.

Also a few missed FTs from beating Missouri!

The two teams have been playing completely different basketball of late. We started off hot and have greatly cooled off and they the opposite. I do think we have a great shot at winning. Just need to get Pledger going.

badger
2/22/2012, 05:49 PM
Some guy did an analysis on how Keiton Page gets fewer points and a LOT fewer free throws when he plays in Norman compared with when the OU game is in Stilly.

If the Pokes are counting on Page getting 40 points (including 20 off free throws) again they are in for a blowout loss :D

Sooner95
2/22/2012, 06:29 PM
Yea!! Woohoo...ah I got nothing. This team has taking the wind out of my sails..lol

I'll take a win I don't care who we beat at this point.

CowboyMRW
2/22/2012, 07:24 PM
Should be a good one. OSU doesn't play well on the road at all for some reason so there's a chance yall could take this one

Sooner95
2/22/2012, 08:27 PM
Nice start! 17-5 8 to go 1st half..

Sooner95
2/22/2012, 08:35 PM
Sirius 94

That Osby dunk sounded nice, but I did not see it..nor did it count..

*** kicking under way!!

22-7 Sooners!

Sooner95
2/22/2012, 08:39 PM
No worries...we will find a way to not guard the perimeter and turn the ball over..

Boomer.....
2/22/2012, 08:53 PM
12 points in the first half. Bwahahahahahahaha!

We are playing decent on offense and great on defense. Let's keep it up!

birddog
2/22/2012, 08:53 PM
keep the updates coming if you can. thx.

Sooner95
2/22/2012, 09:01 PM
30-12 Halftime

Sooner95
2/22/2012, 09:12 PM
36-23 16togo

Sooner95
2/22/2012, 09:14 PM
Pace has picked up.

39-29 Sooners 15togo

badger
2/22/2012, 09:15 PM
I am back from church... praying for repentance from our losing ways and stuff.

Very surprised when i turned my phone back on to see us up 18 at the half.

Hopefully we will not suffer our usual halftime hangover and keep the lead!

Boomer.....
2/22/2012, 09:20 PM
Yuck! Aggy within 5.

Boomer.....
2/22/2012, 09:26 PM
44-39 us with 11:36 remaining.

Complete role reversal in the second half. The lollipop kid is starting to hit some shots.

Boomer.....
2/22/2012, 09:29 PM
50-39 OU with 10 minutes left.

Finally making some shots.

kevpks
2/22/2012, 09:29 PM
Extending the lead. Let's go Sooners!

8timechamps
2/22/2012, 09:44 PM
Osby hasn't shot the ball extremely well tonight, but he's had a great game! Double - Double.

Sooner95
2/22/2012, 09:46 PM
69-52 3 togo.. We might get this one.

Boomer.....
2/22/2012, 09:46 PM
Up 20 with under 4 left.

Sooner95
2/22/2012, 09:48 PM
Out rebounding Stoolwater 43-26

Sooner95
2/22/2012, 09:50 PM
enough with the 4 point plays Pledger!

8timechamps
2/22/2012, 09:51 PM
I'm so tired of Page! Graduate already you little troll!

Sooner95
2/22/2012, 09:51 PM
Osby with a huge game tonight!

I think we got this one!

Sooner95
2/22/2012, 09:52 PM
I'm so tired of Page! Graduate already you little troll!

hahaha, love it!

Boomer.....
2/22/2012, 09:52 PM
It feels good to win again! That game got way too close.

Boomer.....
2/22/2012, 09:54 PM
He throws up about 20 3's a game. Of course he's going to lead the team in scoring.

8timechamps
2/22/2012, 09:55 PM
Good win to end the skid! Maybe we can build on it and make a run for the NIT.

Sooner95
2/22/2012, 09:55 PM
Much needed win, doesn't really change anything for us but good to have.

Sooner95
2/22/2012, 09:56 PM
Fran with Frows and Page has fouled out!

Boomer.....
2/22/2012, 09:57 PM
Frachilla!!!!

Sooner95
2/22/2012, 09:57 PM
Final 77-64 Sooners win!

8timechamps
2/22/2012, 09:58 PM
With all 5 starters coming back next year, is it out of question to think we could make the big dance next year?

Boomer.....
2/22/2012, 10:11 PM
No. Also having a big man like M'baye will help. They're saying that he could be our best player.

OU_Sooners75
2/22/2012, 10:19 PM
Good win to end the skid! Maybe we can build on it and make a run for the NIT.

NIT is out of the question.

OU_Sooners75
2/22/2012, 10:21 PM
With all 5 starters coming back next year, is it out of question to think we could make the big dance next year?

Considering a couple of them may not even start next year....no!

LOL

Pledger, Osby and Fitz...the new comers will likely push the other two out of their starting rolls and bring them off the bench.

Hope OU finds a real point guard!

badger
2/22/2012, 10:23 PM
Man, when Keiton hit that 3 to bring our lead down to three, I slapped the ashes on my forehead in frustration... and then remembered that I was just at church and that I shouldn't do that :D

Fortunately, that is as close as they came. I don't even care that we couldn't stop Page from hitting desperation 3s to win by 30 or 40. A win is a win and I love a win.

Hopefully we have shown how truly sorry we are for our losing ways and resolve to give up losing for Lent :D

S.PadreIsl.Sooner
2/22/2012, 10:26 PM
Woo Hoo!!!

Now, gimme my vCash! lol

Crimsontothecore
2/22/2012, 10:31 PM
Good win. Obviously neither team is very good but for poke fans there should be real concern. Unlike OU, they aren't breaking in a new coach with a depleted roster. Every player on that team is Travis Ford's. I seriously wonder how bad they might be next year when they don't have the midget scoring 30-40. Double scarey to know that coach has like a 30 year contract or something.

badger
2/22/2012, 10:36 PM
Woo Hoo!!!

Now, gimme my vCash! lol

Guess who was the ONLY one that still believed in James Fraschilla after all this time.

MEMEMEMEMEMEMEMMEMEMEMEMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE :D

Soonerjeepman
2/22/2012, 10:42 PM
lol..no doubt Badge...

I really tried hard to get into the sermon...but after I saw the game was ON reg tv up here...but I did my Catholic obligation and went...

saw the last 11 minutes!!!! we looked really good.

Soonerjeepman
2/22/2012, 10:43 PM
oh..and those 4pt plays...I don't Pledg even touch the little squirt..

picasso
2/22/2012, 10:57 PM
I know Page's dad and I used to play HORSE with him when he was a little squirt. He was a mouthy little ****.

TopDog8025
2/22/2012, 11:03 PM
Sooners win!! http://isportsweb.com/2012/02/22/oklahoma-basketball-sooners-snap-losing-streak-with-bedlam-win/

badger
2/22/2012, 11:19 PM
the midget

mouthy little ****

Cute, but I prefer my husband's name for him: the gremlin :stunned:

Soonerjeepman
2/23/2012, 12:46 AM
he may NOT look like a bball player but the dude can shoot...

Eielson
2/23/2012, 12:50 AM
Considering a couple of them may not even start next year....no!

LOL

Pledger, Osby and Fitz...the new comers will likely push the other two out of their starting rolls and bring them off the bench.

Hope OU finds a real point guard!

I agree that Pledger and Osby are locks to start, but I'm not sure about the rest.

Grooms is very efficient with the ball, and although he's not a big-time scorer, I'm completely fine with that. In fact, I love having a PG who isn't shoot-first. He just needs to be able to knock down shots when he's left wide open and make people guard him. He's been able to do that over the last two games. He hasn't been able to do it consistently over the entire year, though. Hopefully he can next year. I don't think we brought in a PG to replace him, so regardless of whether or not he improves his shot, we're probably stuck with him.

If Cam plays like he's played most of the year, he'll be out of the lineup quickly. He's been picking it up over the last few games, though. We're not going to have somebody more talented to beat him out next year, but unfortunately he has underachieved for the majority of the season. I guarantee we'll be better at this position next year. Hopefully it will be Cam, but if not, we should be able to replace him next year.

Fitz just might be the first one replaced, and it's a shame since he's worked so hard in the midst of all these prima donnas. He's just not the player we need athletically, defensively, or on the boards to compete at a high level. He's been a great scorer for us at times, but when his shot isn't dropping, he doesn't contribute. Right now Fitz has the edge, but Amath M'baye will be giving him a run for his money next fall.

Crimsontothecore
2/23/2012, 01:40 AM
he may NOT look like a bball player but the dude can shoot...

Yes he can, but his osu career will end without ever having won a game in Norman. He has good company though in Weeden and Blackmon.

stoopified
2/23/2012, 08:01 AM
I know Page's dad and I used to play HORSE with him when he was a little squirt. He was a mouthy little ****. Nothing much has changed

badger
2/23/2012, 09:05 AM
Nothing much has changed

Agree. I saw him jawing at whichever Sooner was on the free throw line repeatedly when I finally tuned in.

Also --- LOL at op.com's game thread. It was weeping and nashing (hehe NASHing) for the first half, then their poke expectations grow sky high around the time I slapped the ashes off my forehead... and then just a few posts later they're down by 11 again and wallowing in poke misery :stunned:

Crimsontothecore
2/23/2012, 11:56 AM
Agree. I saw him jawing at whichever Sooner was on the free throw line repeatedly when I finally tuned in.

Also --- LOL at op.com's game thread. It was weeping and nashing (hehe NASHing) for the first half, then their poke expectations grow sky high around the time I slapped the ashes off my forehead... and then just a few posts later they're down by 11 again and wallowing in poke misery :stunned:

I read some of their stuff yesterday for comic relief. Did you happen to see the one poster who predicted osu would win because they are playing for an NCAA tourny birth and are therefore hungrier? I almost spit coffee all over my monitor. Just when I don't think they can get more delusional, one of them steps up. wow, playing for a tourney birth at at 13-15. If that's true then OU must be playing for a #1 seed.

Bourbon St Sooner
2/23/2012, 11:58 AM
I didn't get a chance to see the game last night, so naturally I came on here to see if badger still had her LOL avatar to find out if we won.

Hopefully we can at least kick texag's *** out the door and get our 5th win in conference. Hey, if we win that game we have scoreboard on them in perpetuity in football and men's and women's b-ball. That's assuming we don't play them and lose in either tournament.

badger
2/23/2012, 12:24 PM
I read some of their stuff yesterday for comic relief. Did you happen to see the one poster who predicted osu would win because they are playing for an NCAA tourny birth and are therefore hungrier? I almost spit coffee all over my monitor. Just when I don't think they can get more delusional, one of them steps up. wow, playing for a tourney birth at at 13-15. If that's true then OU must be playing for a #1 seed.

I liked the part where someone was b!tching about ref calls, when they just came off a billion free throw gift of a game at home versus whorn. Proof that they were not all morons, someone rightly pointed out (it was still the first half before OSU was getting overly aggressive to try to close the gap) that the Pokes were getting to the line, but were not sinking the shots (we were 1 for 2 in the first half, they were 3 for 7).

I didn't get a chance to see the game last night, so naturally I came on here to see if badger still had her LOL avatar to find out if we won.

I am gonna change it to Romero's monster dunk methinks. I can save the LOL one for a later day.

Also, as long as I'm looking at the box score... Keiton shot 9 for 17 from three. I know that he hit some pretty insane shots, but Travis Ford really needs to reel in his little clone if they want to win any more games.

I grew up a Milwaukee Bucks fan, and remember them drafting one Glenn "Big Dog" Robinson first overall, and his biggest knock from critics was that he could flat-out score, but didn't play defense worth sh!t.

Tell me, gremlin man, what good does it do to score 20 something every day if you're giving up tons more on the other side of the court?

At least Glenn was a forward. By virtue of his guard status, he should have more than TWO assists.

Put him in the same category as Rotnei Clarke --- a shooter that does NOTHING ELSE

picasso
2/23/2012, 02:27 PM
Nothing much has changed
I can't recall how old he was at the time but I had to move out to the 3 point arc to beat him. I was going to be nice but he was talkin smack so I went just beyond his range.

picasso
2/23/2012, 02:29 PM
And I think Keiton would be doing more if he was even just 6' like Clarke. If you saw Page's parents you'd understand his height problem.

badger
2/23/2012, 04:36 PM
And I think Keiton would be doing more if he was even just 6' like Clarke. If you saw Page's parents you'd understand his height problem.

Oh, it's all good. I personally am (I think) more vertically challenged that Keiton! However, I'm a chick so I'm allowed to be short, hehe

8timechamps
2/23/2012, 07:55 PM
NIT is out of the question.

C'mon on now 75, have a little faith. :)

I predict we run through the Big XII tourney and earn a spot in the big dance!

Not really, but I don't think an NIT spot is completely gone. We'll have to beat A&M for sure, and possibly have a big upset win, then another in the tourney to get a shot....but there's still a shot...albeit slim.

badger
2/24/2012, 11:58 AM
NP missed this game the first time. Fortunately, I recorded it (since I was at church during the first half and part of the second half) so we can both watch it in its full WINNING glory :)

While it would be nice to do well the rest of the regular season and make a strong Big 12 tourney run, I am not so blinded by my crimson-ness that I can see that we are a player or two away from being able to really compete in this conference and for postseason berths.