PDA

View Full Version : Happy Mardi Gras!

Mississippi Sooner
2/21/2012, 12:59 PM
If you want some beads, you know what you gotta do.

Viking Kitten
2/21/2012, 01:18 PM
Put them in Howzit's butt? Pass.

KantoSooner
2/21/2012, 01:58 PM
Laissez le bon temps roulez! and play it well.

TUSooner
2/21/2012, 08:19 PM
Oi. Had a fun day, including numerous pints of beer and a near-death-defying bicycle ride through town while significantly intoxicated. Managed to avoid falling off the ferry. But I sure missed having my daughters with me this year. Sure beats "just another Tuesday" I will say. But my head hurts.

StoopTroup
2/21/2012, 10:11 PM
9 year old's Basketball Game. I was score keeper and we lost by one. I think I'm doing something wrong. :D ;)

Mississippi Sooner
2/22/2012, 07:00 AM
Nobody sent my a flippin' king cake this year. I think I'm offended.

SicEmBaylor
2/22/2012, 07:13 AM
9 year old's Basketball Game. I was score keeper and we lost by one. I think I'm doing something wrong. :D ;)

Well, if your prowess at simple math is anything like your simple grammar and punctuation skills then those poor kids never had a chance. ;)

SicEmBaylor
2/22/2012, 07:13 AM
Nobody sent my a flippin' king cake this year. I think I'm offended.

Have you ever hit up Mobile's Mardi Gras? The one in Vicksburg leaves something to be desired. I didn't see a single boob.

Mississippi Sooner
2/22/2012, 07:30 AM
Have you ever hit up Mobile's Mardi Gras? The one in Vicksburg leaves something to be desired. I didn't see a single boob.

Yep. The one in Mobile is pretty fun. Just the right amount of debauchery, but you can still feel safe taking the whole family if you want. Amazing that they can still pull that off.

TUSooner
2/22/2012, 08:54 AM
Just so you know (and as I expect Miss'ippi Sooner will agree), that whole boobs-for-beads thing is waaay overdone and overplayed. In some small part of the Quarter you might see a bit of stuff (and not necessarily centerfold material either!), just like you might see some flaming gayosity down the street if you're looking. But 97% of MG is just people having fun and eating and drinking and laughing with their friends and family along the parade routes, with nary a nipple to be seen. It's most like a huge tailgate party that's not interrupted by a game. So if you really think it's all about the t*tties, you really don't know much and are certainly a tourist or a yankee. You might even still be wearing your beads on Ash Wednesday, which is a sure sign that you're a rube. Just sayin. That is all. Except, I am glad it's over... til next year.