PDA

View Full Version : Monday poll: Best offseason move by the Big 12?

badger
2/20/2012, 10:57 AM
We're gonna be dropping two teams and adding two. What was you favorite move of the four?

Feel free to trash them all in the comments below. :D

badger
2/20/2012, 10:59 AM
My vote? Adding those crazy couch burners.

As much as I love to see the crazy uppity aggies leave and the underachieving, loser tigers leave, I think the Big 12 would have been better had they both stayed.

Thus, it comes down to which team will add more to the conference... and I think WVU will because it adds a new market. And you East Coasters probably LOVE this, don't you?

PrideMom
2/20/2012, 11:09 AM
I think ALL of it was crazy!! The "re-alignment" has been nothing but a big pain for eveyone. Travel, schedules, rivalries, etc. have all been corrupted. What a mess!

LVSOONER15
2/20/2012, 11:21 AM
Adding WV will boost the conference strength.

KantoSooner
2/20/2012, 11:50 AM
Adding WVU will be a nice 'get' in terms of football strength. The reason I voted for Mizzou, though, was that the entertainment value of watching them beaten like the family mule for generations to come, up and down the football field, without hope for redemption and without hope of escape, until, with bowed heads, they simply quit playing football, is almost impossible to overestimate.
Imagine, if you will, this year's Bama team playing this year's Mizzou.

Does the phrase 'Bambi Meets Godzilla' mean anything to you?

TrueBornSooner
2/20/2012, 11:57 AM
Missouri started this whole mess by publicly courting the Big 10. The fact that they didn't go was humiliating. I'm still surprised the SEC took them. A&M makes sense. It's a pipeline into Texas that they want. I also like that the Horns will now lose some in-state recruits to the SEC.

Missouri, though? What does the SEC gain except another mediocre school with no rival?

Bourbon St Sooner
2/20/2012, 12:08 PM
I picked aTm because that crazy cult deserves the sec. They think a lot more of themselves that they actually deserve. Screw 'em.

The funny one is mizzou. They're a basketball school going to a football conference. I guess them and Kentucky can hold down that end of things. Plus the sec stuck them in the East so every road trip they have will be 1000 miles or more except for Lexington. Meet your new rival missou - the ferocious Kentucky Wildcats. Cat fight. RAWR.

kbsooner21
2/20/2012, 12:13 PM
Adding the Couch Burners for me

StoopTroup
2/20/2012, 01:18 PM
Brent Venables to Clemson.

badger
2/20/2012, 01:26 PM
Brent Venables to Clemson.

I will definitely do some on coaching moves, both head coaching and OU-related.

Curly Bill
2/20/2012, 01:32 PM
Goodbye to those bunch of weirdos down in collie station!

swardboy
2/20/2012, 01:33 PM
I seriously do hope the MU move doesn't impact our KC/St. Louis recruiting. Once in a while we score a good get from there.

LakeRat
2/20/2012, 01:41 PM
I picked the team that never won a conference title here yet you would have thought they were the cream of the crop. Nebbish, A&M, Texass, KSU, OU, and even OSU have won titles, but not them.

PalmBeachSooner
2/20/2012, 01:53 PM
Adding WVU will be a nice 'get' in terms of football strength. The reason I voted for Mizzou, though, was that the entertainment value of watching them beaten like the family mule for generations to come, up and down the football field, without hope for redemption and without hope of escape, until, with bowed heads, they simply quit playing football, is almost impossible to overestimate.

That's a double-definite!

jkjsooner
2/20/2012, 02:58 PM
And you East Coasters probably LOVE this, don't you?

Yes, especially since we seem to play 3 or 4 west coast games for every one east coast game.

badger
2/20/2012, 03:21 PM
Just once I'd like to ask an offseason poll question where the answer wasn't in doubt two hours after posting it. :D

Peeb
2/21/2012, 08:34 AM
Not a fan of much any of the changes, but I gotta agree that life without aTm will be simpler, if less entertaining. They do take delusion to an art form.

rekamrettuB
2/21/2012, 09:48 AM
BRINGING BACK MIKE STOOPS BABY!!!

badger
2/21/2012, 09:51 AM
BRINGING BACK MIKE STOOPS BABY!!!

:mad: Once again, I promise to do a coaching poll in the very near future... in fact, how bout next Monday? You wanna do OU coaches first, or all the head coaches in college football?

Mississippi Sooner
2/21/2012, 10:40 AM
I've had at least 12 big movements this offseason.

deweydw
2/21/2012, 12:43 PM
I'll take the West Virgins for $500.

Tear Down This Wall
2/21/2012, 05:27 PM
Where's the option for all moves sucked? Losing Mizzou and A&M sucks, and so does adding West Virginia and TCU.

badger
2/21/2012, 05:40 PM
Where's the option for all moves sucked? Losing Mizzou and A&M sucks, and so does adding West Virginia and TCU.

Please choose the option that sucks the least. :)

BeaSooner
2/21/2012, 06:10 PM
I've had at least 12 big movements this offseason.

I know I shouldn't chuckle at this....but...I did....

Eielson
2/21/2012, 06:12 PM
Not a fan of much any of the changes, but I gotta agree that life without aTm will be simpler, if less entertaining. They do take delusion to an art form.

Coming from an OSU Fan, this is quite odd.

SoonerNomad
2/21/2012, 07:00 PM
I picked adding TCU. Probably because it is the most palatable of four bad tasting choices. I don't like losing anyone from the conference (Nebraska and Colorado should never have left) and I still, still, still, still do not have any idea why West Virginia was asked to be in the midwest/southwest dominated Big 12 and why, why, why, why, they would not only accept the invitation to join but pay millions and millions to do so.

West Virginia is not in the southWEST or the midWEST, despite the presence of WEST in their name. They are apparently WEST of Virginia. Thank goodness. I get that their offense is fun and they have been the best football team in bad Big EAST for the last few years, but they dont' fit in the Big 12. They just don't fit.

Peeb
2/21/2012, 08:37 PM
Coming from an OSU Fan, this is quite odd.
That's a bit cryptic, but if you want to elaborate, I'd be happy to address your confusion.

Peeb
2/21/2012, 08:37 PM
double post

StoopTroup
2/21/2012, 09:57 PM
Only if you elaborate twice.

8timechamps
2/21/2012, 10:44 PM

By that reasoning, I made the wrong choice. I like yours better!

Eielson
2/22/2012, 11:43 AM
That's a bit cryptic, but if you want to elaborate, I'd be happy to address your confusion.

I thought it was pretty straight forward. OSU fans are delusional.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
2/22/2012, 12:50 PM
I think ALL of it was crazy!! The "re-alignment" has been nothing but a big pain for eveyone. Travel, schedules, rivalries, etc. have all been corrupted. What a mess!All bad, but adding a tx team in the DFW area was the worst possible thing for OU, especially for recruiting.

2/22/2012, 12:52 PM

Does the phrase 'Bambi Meets Godzilla' mean anything to you?Nice post. Mizzou DOES have a totally undeserved superiority complex, it seems.

texaspokieokie
2/22/2012, 12:52 PM
wasn't tcu already there ???

2/22/2012, 01:11 PM
I thought it was pretty straight forward. OSU fans are delusional.Oh, Noooooo! Say it ain't so!

2/22/2012, 01:13 PM
wasn't tcu already there ???No, they moved in from outa state, just to join the Big 12,

soonerboomer
2/22/2012, 01:27 PM
I'm hoping Louisville and BYU are added giving the North Division ISU, KU, KSU, Louisville, WVU, and BYU and the South Division OU, OSU, TCU, Baylor, Texas, and TT.

badger
2/22/2012, 01:47 PM
I'm hoping Louisville and BYU are added giving the North Division ISU, KU, KSU, Louisville, WVU, and BYU and the South Division OU, OSU, TCU, Baylor, Texas, and TT.

I'll add that to my to-do list for future offseason polls --- What school do you want to add to the Big 12 next?

And then, just for fun "Which Big 12 team needs to be the first one kicked out?" :stunned:

Peeb
2/22/2012, 07:44 PM
@Eielson:

I obviously can't argue with you as to your personal perception, as it is what it is.

However, most my buddies were just like Jim Traber prior to bedlam: "Maybe OSU has got the better team right now, but I'll believe it when I see it."

If you wanna single out any single segment of any fan base you'll find delusional idiots (e.g., fire Bob Stoops threads after every loss) but having been a season ticket holder to BOTH OU and OSU at various times over the years, no one, and I mean NO ONE can match the delusional fans in Collie Station.

Just my perception. I could be all wrong, and YMMV, which is fine by me.

BTW, I agree with what Sam Mays said on the Animal today that OU should be favored to win the B12 next year so you should probably hope that he is not delusional. ;)

8timechamps
2/22/2012, 08:27 PM
@Eielson:

I obviously can't argue with you as to your personal perception, as it is what it is.

However, most my buddies were just like Jim Traber prior to bedlam: "Maybe OSU has got the better team right now, but I'll believe it when I see it."

If you wanna single out any single segment of any fan base you'll find delusional idiots (e.g., fire Bob Stoops threads after every loss) but having been a season ticket holder to BOTH OU and OSU at various times over the years, no one, and I mean NO ONE can match the delusional fans in Collie Station.

Just my perception. I could be all wrong, and YMMV, which is fine by me.

BTW, I agree with what Sam Mays said on the Animal today that OU should be favored to win the B12 next year so you should probably hope that he is not delusional. ;)

There are many SEC fans that are out there, but they have nothing on the cult in College Station. It's going to be fun watching the reaction of the SEC (in general) to them. Since we've had them on the schedule for so long, I think we finally grew used to them (like the black sheep of the family), so it'll be fun to watch how they mesmerize the SEC with their delusions of grandeur.

NYC Poke
2/23/2012, 03:16 PM
Losing A&M is bittersweet. They have to be the most entertaining fan base in college football. They take suffering to an art form. Reading TexAgs after a loss is like reading Kafka's Hunger Artist over and over again.

2/23/2012, 03:19 PM
So, since you like to pal with Sooners so much, why didn't you just go to OU instead of OA?

NYC Poke
2/23/2012, 03:30 PM
So, since you like to pal with Sooners so much, why didn't you just go to OU instead of OA?

I almost did. But there was this girl . . . .

2/23/2012, 03:39 PM
I almost did. But there was this girl . . . .But, it was/is OSU. Have you NO pride?

NYC Poke
2/23/2012, 04:05 PM
But, it was/is OSU. Have you NO pride?

Meh. I had a bunch of friends going to either school. Also, I ended up moving to Norman for a while for a girl, so it all evened out.

2/23/2012, 04:58 PM
Meh. I had a bunch of friends going to either school. Also, I ended up moving to Norman for a while for a girl, so it all evened out.So, are you equating OA with OU?

NYC Poke
2/23/2012, 06:13 PM
So, are you equating OA with OU?

You probably won't like my saying this, but they're more the same than they are different. They're both large state universities comprised overwhelmingly with students from Oklahoma. OU is perhaps a bit more urban, but it's not exactly NYU.

2/24/2012, 12:30 AM
You probably won't like my saying this, but they're more the same than they are different. They're both large state universities comprised overwhelmingly with students from Oklahoma. OU is perhaps a bit more urban, but it's not exactly NYU.Maybe a better comparison would be OA and aTm.

Peeb
2/24/2012, 12:33 AM
You probably won't like my saying this, but they're more the same than they are different. They're both large state universities comprised overwhelmingly with students from Oklahoma. OU is perhaps a bit more urban, but it's not exactly NYU.
I agree. I got my undergrad from OSU and my grad degree from OU. Liked the people at both places very much. College towns are just fun places!

NYC Poke
2/24/2012, 04:26 AM
Maybe a better comparison would be OA and aTm.

College Station is probably a better "college town" than Norman. But the Bryan-College Station area is not exactly the sticks. It's a bit further away from Houston than OU is to OKC but not by much. And the university is far larger than OU.

I don't care to argue about subjective points, but OU is not the Center of the Universe. Neither is OSU.

Because I am now living in the Upper East Side of Texas, I've learned that the Center of the Universe is controlled by Jews. Or Blacks. Obama is probably responsible as he is a Jewish Muslim.

2/24/2012, 12:13 PM
You Orange Aggy guys SHINE ON!!!

NYC Poke
2/24/2012, 01:13 PM
You Orange Aggy guys SHINE ON!!!

Hey, if you don't want to hear the answer, don't ask the question.