PDA

View Full Version : The Apprentice 2012

StoopTroup
2/19/2012, 09:29 PM
Paul Sr. is the Men's Project Manager right off the bat.

Instead of saying Hey George (Takei) he's screaming at him like he did Paulie and saying "HEY STAR TREK! GET OVER HERE ! ! !"

Funny Stuff....

StoopTroup
2/19/2012, 09:37 PM
My Gawd....Victoria Gotti is scary....

http://www.foxnews.com/static/managed/img/Entertainment/2010/VictoriaGotti640.jpg

SanJoaquinSooner
2/19/2012, 10:22 PM
It doesn't start for a couple of hours out here on the west coast. I plan to watch the premiere, and decide if it's worth following this season.

I was depressed last year after Hope was eliminated and so I quit watching. She was pure class and as hot as they come.

Trump is a dick but I like his daughter. I hope she appears some.

SanJoaquinSooner
2/20/2012, 10:45 AM
I never thought Cheryl Tiegs was anything special when she was in her prime.

badger
2/20/2012, 10:55 AM
I didn't watch but I DVR'd it. Was it one of those "open your rolodex and she whose friends are the richest" challenges, because those ones suck.

I also didn't recognize anyone on the women's team when I saw bits of boardroom afterward. I would probably recognize the names, but not put em with faces. Sad, eh?

I definitely recognized some of the guys though. Penn, eh? This season might actually be worth watching, hehe

SanJoaquinSooner
2/20/2012, 01:46 PM
I didn't watch but I DVR'd it. Was it one of those "open your rolodex and she whose friends are the richest" challenges, because those ones suck.

I also didn't recognize anyone on the women's team when I saw bits of boardroom afterward. I would probably recognize the names, but not put em with faces. Sad, eh?

I definitely recognized some of the guys though. Penn, eh? This season might actually be worth watching, hehe

I'm guessing Penn is the smartest of the men's team and maybe the most multi-talented.

I agree that the "friends with deep pockets" challenges suck. I will stop watching if that's the routine each week. It has nothing to do with who did the best job selling sandwiches.

StoopTroup
2/21/2012, 12:19 AM
Trump had gone on record as saying that people under estimate Clay Akins and that he might be one of the most business savvy folks on the show.

Man could you tell how pissed the women were when they found out they lost to Paul because 1 donor gave them $300,000?

I mean. Paul is no dummy. He knew he was gonna have to buy his way around on the show just based on how the other shows have been. If you go on that show without some Whales in your pockets, how the hell do you expect to win anyway?

badger
2/21/2012, 08:09 AM
I mean. Paul is no dummy. He knew he was gonna have to buy his way around on the show just based on how the other shows have been. If you go on that show without some Whales in your pockets, how the hell do you expect to win anyway?

Yeah, but I was disappointed to hear that one whale saved the guys' challenge. However, it is very cool that nearly half a million is going to Make a Wish foundation because of it. I dunno who the womens' team was playing for, but I don't think I've ever heard a bad "Make a Wish" story. Hell, they even had a kid that wanted to meet Donald Trump as his "wish" once. :)

pphilfran
2/21/2012, 08:40 AM
You made me curious...watching it now on uverse online...

badger
2/21/2012, 09:50 AM
The guys did a lot of things right... except relying on a whale of a whale to save their arses. They should have had an asterisk that said "You can't call one dude to save you from failure unless you are GM and the guy you are calling is Obama." :P

Even though the guys won the sandwich challenge on Rachel Ray, there probably shouldn't have been any loser in this challenge, with both sides breaking records for money raised. But, since there has to be a loser, I really am not familiar with a lot of the "celebrities" on the female side, so glad it was someone that I really don't know much about, rather than Sulu or Penn or Clay, etc etc

The Maestro
2/21/2012, 11:59 AM
Anything with Adam Carolla as a tension breaker with Trump is greatness. I loved how he called out Paul Sr. for picking a black, Asian and gay for his first back to the boardroom...3 minorities on the first show! Classic Carolla.

My wife even agrees...this show proves Trump is a raging sexist. Men vs. Women isn't fair. The guys were all on board together...the women were already catty. Gotti hates Debbie Gibson, Debbie Gibson loves Debbie Gibson, the chick from some pop group I have never heard of bragged about being a bigger star and having more Twitter followers than anyone else on the team. They were divisive on the very first show. Lisa Lampanelli looks like she has the balls to withstand the B.S., especially the preview for next week.

Otherwise, I think with the likes of Ferrigno, Penn Gillette, Adam Carolla, Paul Sr. and, surprisingly, Clay Aiken...the men should dominate this show. Especially if it gets to the "call your deep pocket people". They have more names in the rolodex than the ladies do.

Viking Kitten
2/21/2012, 12:08 PM
The red-headed, bug-eyed "pop singer" whose name I don't know is seriously annoying. She was all offended that her teammates didn't think she was the most recognizable of the women. Good Lord. Get over yourself, freak.

I know the show is never going to get A-list celebrities, but I hate the sad amalgam of C- and D-listers that the women's team always is, along with the real housewives. Those obnoxious, nobody sluts don't even deserve a letter grade.

badger
2/21/2012, 12:10 PM
Anything with Adam Carolla as a tension breaker with Trump is greatness. I loved how he called out Paul Sr. for picking a black, Asian and gay for his first back to the boardroom...3 minorities on the first show! Classic Carolla.

I was sitting back and trying to think of what the third minority was... I was like... what's Paul? A biker? A guy with tattoos?

It took me awhile, "Ohhhhh... GAY!" hehe.

My wife even agrees...this show proves Trump is a raging sexist. Men vs. Women isn't fair. The guys were all on board together...the women were already catty.

Those guys were one whale away from failing, so don't sell the chicks too short. Yes, history shows that the men tend to have larger rolodexes, but there have been some pretty tough competitors with some pretty good contacts on previous shows. Remember the year the Playboy girl and Poker player Annie Duke were competing with the Crawford mother/daughter team? They were raking in tons of dough that season.

But yes, Trump will never overcome his womanizing, except perhaps when it comes to his own daughter, who is tons more respectable than her brother Junior on the show.

If the women lose task number two, look for one of the big names on the guys team to be nominated immediately to take over the womens' side a la Kiss' Gene (who really did have a better Kodak presentation than the other team and didn't deserve to be booted just for wanting Omerosa out).

yes, I watch this show a lot :P

Viking Kitten
2/21/2012, 12:13 PM

My wife even agrees...this show proves Trump is a raging sexist. Men vs. Women isn't fair. The guys were all on board together...the women were already catty. Gotti hates Debbie Gibson, Debbie Gibson loves Debbie Gibson, the chick from some pop group I have never heard of bragged about being a bigger star and having more Twitter followers than anyone else on the team. They were divisive on the very first show. Lisa Lampanelli looks like she has the balls to withstand the B.S., especially the preview for next week.

Otherwise, I think with the likes of Ferrigno, Penn Gillette, Adam Carolla, Paul Sr. and, surprisingly, Clay Aiken...the men should dominate this show. Especially if it gets to the "call your deep pocket people". They have more names in the rolodex than the ladies do.

Lisa L. is definitely my favorite on the women's team. I met her once during a meet and greet at the Dallas Improv. She told me I was cute. So I love her.

OULenexaman
2/21/2012, 01:03 PM
That one chic looks like Waynes girlfriend on Waynes World. Is that who 1 of the chics are?

Ton Loc
2/21/2012, 01:55 PM
I hope Adam, Paul, and Penn are there until the end. If not, the show will be nothing more the chicks not getting along. Shocking!
Also, George Takei is creepy as hell.

badger
2/21/2012, 02:03 PM
I hope Adam, Paul, and Penn are there until the end. If not, the show will be nothing more the chicks not getting along. Shocking!
Also, George Takei is creepy as hell.

The way he was talking about shirtless men... he was like a gay version of Quagmire from Family Guy.

Shirtless guys? Alllllll riiiiiiight. Giggity giggity. :P

SanJoaquinSooner
2/21/2012, 05:38 PM
That one chic looks like Waynes girlfriend on Waynes World. Is that who 1 of the chics are?

Yes, that's her.

soonerboomer93
2/21/2012, 07:51 PM
mmmm, Tia Carrere

StoopTroup
2/21/2012, 10:28 PM
I was wondering who the one anonymous Donor was and i got to thinking.....Didn't paul just make "The Donald" a brand new Chopper made out of 24K Gold? Wouldn't that be funny if that was his anonymous donor. :D

Anyway...I seriously doubt it was Trump but I think folks need to understand that Paul has been doing these Charitable Donation Deals maybe longer then Trump. Clay Aiken was counting the money for the Sandwiches and about to have a Cow with pink spots about Paul not having any Big Donors come in. Paul taking the lead and having one Donor pull out a win right off the bat sounds pretty planned IMO. Even though Badger is calling Foul and wanting to change the rules....I think Paul was pretty damn smart acting like.....if nobody wants to be Project Manager...I guess I'll do it. I think he was ready to pull that off long before they started filming the show. It's freaking Brilliant.

If you are Trump and you are trying to make your show popular and bring in as much money for Charity as Possible.....why would you ever put a limit on how much one person could donate?

8timechamps
2/21/2012, 10:59 PM
mmmm, Tia Carrere

Yeah, she's aged well (although not quite as hot as she was in Waynes World).

I really can't stand the "call your friends with money" challenges. I wish they would do away with that altogether. What makes the show interesting is that you watch these people being taken out of their element and seeing who can swim. When it's a "I have the richest friends" episode, it just becomes boring.

And they really do scrape the bottom of the celeb barrel for some of these folks. But, it makes it more fun when one of them (in this case, the red headed chick) talks about how much more popular she is (because she had more twitter followers than anyone), yet I have no idea who she is. I missed her name at the beginning, and thought she was one of the housewives (or from one of the cable reality shows).

badger
2/28/2012, 01:54 PM
Did anyone watch Sunday night? NP and I were watching the movie Clue instead :D

OULenexaman
2/28/2012, 02:19 PM
I was.....The hulk dude sure was a whiny little bitch....and about nothing. Just a hypothetical situation. I thought that one chick was gonna clock the Gotti bitch.

badger
2/28/2012, 02:22 PM
I have it taped, just wanted to see what the South Oval thought of it, hehe.

I got to see Medieval Times in Dallas about a decade ago when OU beat Arky in the Cotton Bowl. They did a Sooner-Razorback theme a bit, with the last two knights left being the ones that were the official UA/OU appointed ones... which of course meant that they had no winner, but they declared a truce or a draw or something. Boo! :P

Viking Kitten
2/28/2012, 03:04 PM
Man, I sure hope nobody puts a hit out on Lisa Lampanelli.

Oh and Clay Aiken? What a catty little biznacho. Kind of makes me like him.

StoopTroup
2/28/2012, 10:50 PM
Who knows if Lisa and Victoria will continue to battle. I think they need to look at it as a game but what kind of sucks is that many of these charities are for kids and it's hard to watch grown adults act like they do when they are there to raise mobey for their Charities. I tend to agree with Cheryl Teiges in that I would rather be myself than have to stoop to the level that Trump requires you to do in playing his game. I wonder if Cheryl had really given it all enough thought going in as she looked like she was about to have a breakdown in the boardroom.

badger
2/29/2012, 09:46 AM
I found myself fast forwarding through the womens' segments just because I don't find them all that entertaining and I don't really know who they are. I know, I'm such a bad girl and I'm setting back all the advances women have made in the workplace zzzzzzzzz

I have not done this with previous Celebrity seasons I've watched, because at least I've heard of some of them before. Annie Duke versus Joan Rivers was awesome.

Anyway, the guys hit the nail on the head with this task. It looked like a very fun show they put together that might have needed some tweaking (and someone to tell Clay Aiken how easily animals, especially horses, get spooked), but looked like something I'd like to go see at a cheesy medieval fair like Medieval Times. Unless they edited it to make it look different, the only reason the women got as many votes as they did was the New Jersey connection, or the fact that they got to go second (and the last impression usually makes people vote that way, y'know?).

I fully expect one of the men to join the women's side next week, and my prediction is that it'll be Mr. I'm-so-pizzed-off-that-you-named-me-to-bring-back-to-the-boardroom Universe Hulky Hulk. And, as per tradition, he will be project manager so that he can prove himself. And, for added drama purposes, the other constantly called out one, George Takai, will be the other project manager, and one of them will be fired. My bet is Mr. Whiny... Mr. Universe, rather.

StoopTroup
3/6/2012, 11:52 AM
Takei is gone! Hulk is having facial twitches and it looks like he's really starting to think there is a plot against him....lol

Reminds me of Chris Elliott in "Something about Mary" where by the end of the movie he's a complete wreck and has huge zits and contorting facials twitches.....lol

The Woman to beat IMO is Lisa Lampenelli. She took out Gotti! Nobody on the Women's team could have done that but her IMO.

Dee Snyder is beginning to get attacked a bit by Arsenio for having just one hand now. Dee now has 4 pins in the finger he broke on the horse at Medieval Times. Awful looking broken finger IMO. Trump gave Snyder a pass on the show for one week.

The Women's Team seem to hate Aubrey but she has saved their Team once now and almost saved them in the Medieval Times thing. I think she's pretty strong but if she loses as a Team leader they will sell her out in the Board Room unless she takes a Friend in to help attack a weak player.

Blue
3/6/2012, 11:02 PM
Lots O Hotties on the womens team. Corrolla and Penn are funny and smart as well. I will continue to tune in.

StoopTroup
3/7/2012, 01:19 PM
Dee Snyder looks well medicated after his finger surgery. Trump would ask him a question and someone would crack a joke and Dee would just smile like if he started to chuckle....he would lose it....LOL

Viking Kitten
4/2/2012, 12:12 PM
Anyone else still watching? Man. I went in wanting to root for Lisa Lampanelli, but I am really starting to hate her... and that obnoxious clown whore she partnered up with too, whom I pretty much hated from the get go. I loved when Arsenio made her cry.

So...Team Aiken it is.

jk the sooner fan
4/2/2012, 12:25 PM
i'm watching - i cant stand Lampanelli but it seems like she knows how to play the game better than most

I'll be glad when Aubrey gets fired - i dont know who she is but she's extremely annoying

and by fired, i mean when Guidice puts out a mob hit on her

StoopTroup
4/2/2012, 01:35 PM
Pretty dumb of Aubrey of she walks off the show. Stay until you are fired. I think when Trump started ganging up on her that that was a bit unfair. I don't care for Trump when he asks a ? That he's just baiting The Team to accept how he feels about one of the Celebs. Whether its true or not it seems like Trump tries to get them to eat their own. It's probably just Trump getting ratings and hurting someone he doesn't like career but just like Trump himself....if you can't stand the heat get out of the fire and that seems like what Aubrey is doing long after Cheryl Teiges figured out that Celebrity Apprentice wasn't for her either.

Changing the Teams around has really got things rolling again.

Penn calling Walgreens Walmart was hilarious and Dyanna had a great save for Penn. I see her working in Vegas with Penn again.

When Clay Aiken had to scrap for money on the streets of NY and found out people will fight when you make it rain....it cracked me up. +1000 to the Blue Man Group....lol

Blue
4/2/2012, 05:28 PM
I don't see any of the women making it to the end unless the red head can start playing nice. She's very capable but very obnoxious and condescending along with Lisa. They need to stop badmouthing everybody and show trump by their actions that they are better. It's like Lisa is trying to convince us, Trump, and especially herself that she deserves to be there.

Arsenio is more of a drama queen than Clay and thats saying something.

I see a Clay vs Penn finale.

StoopTroup
4/2/2012, 05:40 PM
I'm not so sure any of them deserve to be there except Arsenio. Once he get's his crazy eyes going....you are gonna by a damn brochure.....

SanJoaquinSooner
4/2/2012, 06:12 PM
I'll keep watching until Dayana Mendoza is fired. I don't care how smart she is, Lisa Lampenelli has the most repulsive interpersonal skills ever. That's bad for business.

StoopTroup
4/2/2012, 07:11 PM
I'll keep watching until Dayana Mendoza is fired. I don't care how smart she is, Lisa Lampenelli has the most repulsive interpersonal skills ever. That's bad for business.

Lisa surprised me. When it gets down to being creative....I'd love to have her on my Team as long as the rest weren't Women. She like many successful Women doesn't play well with other Women. It's probably why she's become one of the Top Three Women Comedians in America right now...however being a Top Comedian is very fleeting. I hope this doesn't hurt her career but if it does....I think she's the kind of gal that can manage talent and will be behind some of the next Top Women and Men Comedians. She knows what it takes to get to the top IMO.

Juan sounds like See Snyder.....I think Dee would keep Mendoza until he got an iphone full of fun time pics with her....lol

SanJoaquinSooner
4/2/2012, 11:22 PM
Lisa surprised me. When it gets down to being creative....I'd love to have her on my Team as long as the rest weren't Women. She like many successful Women doesn't play well with other Women. It's probably why she's become one of the Top Three Women Comedians in America right now...however being a Top Comedian is very fleeting. I hope this doesn't hurt her career but if it does....I think she's the kind of gal that can manage talent and will be behind some of the next Top Women and Men Comedians. She knows what it takes to get to the top IMO.

Juan sounds like See Snyder.....I think Dee would keep Mendoza until he got an iphone full of fun time pics with her....lol

I dont understand the strategy of trying to get rid of the "weak" players. Don't you want to get rid of the strong players?

StoopTroup
4/3/2012, 01:04 AM
Theres a strategy? I thought it was do what the Trumps tell you to do and dont tell people on National TV that you would dye your Red hair any color and possibly sleep with Donald's Son to win.

OULenexaman
4/3/2012, 07:23 AM
Clay and Donalds son....the perfect gay couple. Clay wins.

jk the sooner fan
4/3/2012, 08:40 AM
and for those that think Tia Carrere looks good

blech

how much botox and plastic did she have going on there - she didnt look natural at all

Viking Kitten
4/3/2012, 09:28 AM
And here is what Aubrey looks like:

http://cheesycam.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/07/trolls-doll-red-hair-700668.jpg

jk the sooner fan
4/3/2012, 10:28 AM
except that troll doesnt have a full sized "necklace" hanging around her neck

SanJoaquinSooner
4/10/2012, 01:19 AM
Well, Dayana survived, so I guess I can keep watching. Surprised me that her team lost. I thought they did a better job.

SoonerStormchaser
4/10/2012, 08:48 AM
Seeing Lou turn into a whiny bitch at every board room got old really fast...glad he finally got the axe.

Viking Kitten
4/10/2012, 09:44 AM
Yeah, Lou needed to go a long time ago.

My husband asked me to recap the show for him this week, I told him Lou fired. He asked why; I said, "because he didn't give 110 percent."

jk the sooner fan
4/10/2012, 11:11 AM
i dont understand why Trump asks the questions he does in the board room if he doesnt expect/want honest answers

i agree that Lou should have been fired - but his point was valid......the other teams video WAS better (they won by a mile)....i guess there's a way to answer that, be honest and not "turn on your team"

Lisa Lampanelli is a bitch cow and i hope she gets fired in a double firing with the red headed troll

OULenexaman
4/10/2012, 12:12 PM
I wanted to see Lou toss her through the wall.....a new sport....Cow tossing.

Curly Bill
4/10/2012, 12:18 PM
I haven't seen the last episode yet, but I've been ready for Lou to be sent down the road. He can go give 110% to something else!

picasso
4/10/2012, 02:48 PM
Pretty classy making fun of a person with a speech impediment. This show is pretty good along with Hell's Kitchen in showing some truly awful people in our society.

Some of these folks think they know business but they've never heard of ethics.

StoopTroup
4/12/2012, 10:49 AM
And here is what Aubrey looks like:

http://cheesycam.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/07/trolls-doll-red-hair-700668.jpg

I saw a gal at Goldies Patio Grill that looked like her yesterday. I hope every teenage girl doesn't start dying their hair like that

SanJoaquinSooner
4/23/2012, 08:07 AM
What's wrong with these people?

1. "You earned it" is a perfectly good slogan. It is not pompous.

2. Clay should have been fired for not letting Dayana pose shirtless.

jk the sooner fan
4/23/2012, 08:22 AM
they're keeping Miss Universe around simply because she creates drama for Lampcowanelli

i think the finals are going to come down to Lampanelli and Aubrey O'Day - simply because they seem to get along well and Trump will want to pit them together to see how that plays out - who else is even remotely interesting enough for the finals? Arsenio? no.....GayClay? no... The real housewife? please....no (although I think she's quite hittable in a Soprano's sort of way)

OULenexaman
4/23/2012, 10:07 AM
Penn got screwed....that was the last person that should have been fired.

Viking Kitten
4/23/2012, 12:10 PM
This was one of the worst "WTF" shows ever. I also thought "you earned it" was a good slogan, and even if the judges didn't like it, Penn should not have been fired. I thought Aubrey's display looked like crap... especially with that stupid Eric Trump silhouette stuck on there. The Macy's judges were clearly smoking crack.

And Aubrey is still an ugly ***t.

StoopTroup
4/23/2012, 12:25 PM
I like Arsenio. He likes vagina on his neck.

Viking Kitten
4/23/2012, 12:33 PM
Oh yeah. That was so awesome watching with my kids when he made that comment. That and the thing about the penis inspections. Gross.

StoopTroup
4/23/2012, 01:26 PM
Lol

SoonerStormchaser
4/23/2012, 07:00 PM
My money's on Lisa and Arsenio for the final two!