PDA

View Full Version : Miranda Lambert says, 'Take Notes (during this song) Chris Brown!

nighttrain12
2/19/2012, 01:04 AM
http://ll-media.tmz.com/2012/02/17/0217-miranda-inset-1.jpg

http://youtu.be/8L4CT4G2DAc

rekamrettuB
2/19/2012, 10:11 AM
I don't get it? I'm not into new music tho so excuse me.

cleller
2/20/2012, 09:11 AM
Probably something along the lines of "from one talent-free hack to to another even less likable talent free hack..."

KantoSooner
2/20/2012, 09:41 AM
I think it probably has more to do with her position on abusive men. That is that she intends on shooting them.

In Chris Brown's case, it would likely be a good thing. Especially if someone could arrange for Kanye West to stand behind him.

Mississippi Sooner
2/20/2012, 10:20 AM
They've also been engaged in a Twitter feud for the last week or so. Perhaps we could get David in here to provide some details.

badger
2/20/2012, 10:53 AM

Basically, Miranda (she's a country singer from Oklahoma, married to Blake Shelton, another country singer also from Oklahoma) called into question the Grammys allowing multiple appearances by Chris Brown, given his criminal background. You can read more about it here. (http://www.tulsaworld.com/scene/article.aspx?subjectid=275&articleid=20120215_275_D2_CUTLIN55015)

In a nutshell, it was a twitter war calling attention to the fact that Brown has been convicted of abusing his ex-girlfriend.

Jacie
2/20/2012, 11:41 AM

To get it, listen to Miranda's song, Gunpowder and Lead . . .

hawaii 5-0
2/20/2012, 12:43 PM
I thought Miranda was from Fut Wuth.

Her song, 'Gunpowder and Lead' says it all pretty well. You abuse me and you'll pay big time.

5-0

badger
2/20/2012, 12:52 PM
I thought Miranda was from Fut Wuth.

Her song, 'Gunpowder and Lead' says it all pretty well. You abuse me and you'll pay big time.

5-0

I think she just moved to Oklahoma, not originally from here. Marriage tends to do that to people :D

hawaii 5-0
2/20/2012, 12:59 PM
Her duet with Blake, 'Home' is one of my favorites.

I think of it whenever I return home.

5-0

cleller
2/20/2012, 08:07 PM
Most of the entertainers these days have lots in common. They are devoid of talent, musical expertise, and accomplishment.

None of them belong in the same discussion as the people that came before them that shaped the music industry. Whether its Robert Johnson, Frank Sinatra, Brian Wilson, John Lennon, Curtis Mayfield, or Eddie Van Halen; compared to them these new pop stars are mostly bums.

Lady Gaga. A goofy broad with a pork chop on her head that thinks she can sing.

SCOUT
2/20/2012, 09:17 PM
Most of the entertainers these days have lots in common. They are devoid of talent, musical expertise, and accomplishment.

None of them belong in the same discussion as the people that came before them that shaped the music industry. Whether its Robert Johnson, Frank Sinatra, Brian Wilson, John Lennon, Curtis Mayfield, or Eddie Van Halen; compared to them these new pop stars are mostly bums.

Yeah the artists in 2012 aren't as good as those from that 50 year span. Look, in general pop music is the suck. However, to compare that swath of legends against the likes of Lady Gaga isn't really fair. It would be like me saying that Colin Hicks and the Cabin boys aren't as good as George Strait or U2.

Jacie
2/20/2012, 10:45 PM

Doesn't matter. She figured out a path to success in the music biz. If she hadn't, you wouldn't know she exists.

OUstud
2/21/2012, 01:26 AM

Meh. For each of those musicians, there were hundreds if not thousands who were just as hacky as pop stars today. Don't forget that the top song in 1969, the year of Woodstock, was "Sugar Sugar" by The Archies. Lyrics (http://www.lyrics007.com/Archies%20Lyrics/Sugar%20Sugar%20Lyrics.html).