PDA

View Full Version : how have you changed over the years?

sanantoniosooner
2/18/2012, 07:55 PM
On the internet?

When I first got on the internet it was all just about fun and being a smart a$$.

I got comfortable and shared a bunch of personal business and it didn't work out well.

Trying to head back to the old days but it isn't easy.

usmc-sooner
2/18/2012, 08:05 PM
why in the wide wide world of sports would you think it's a smart to share your personal business on the internet. Hell Clark my kids know better than that.

soonerhubs
2/18/2012, 08:21 PM
A/S?

I can't remember what else you're sposed to ask. :)

SicEmBaylor
2/18/2012, 08:23 PM
A/S?

I can't remember what else you're sposed to ask. :)

a/s/l

soonerhubs
2/18/2012, 08:24 PM
I thought so, but what in the world do they stands for. L? Language?

SicEmBaylor
2/18/2012, 08:27 PM
I thought so, but what in the world do they stands for. L? Language?

Location. The smartest thing you can do on the internet is tell people you're a chick, your age, and your location.

yermom
2/18/2012, 08:41 PM
This is a weird place. It's not anonymous like other boards

SicEmBaylor
2/18/2012, 08:45 PM
This is a weird place. It's not anonymous like other boards\

I was pretty freaked out at the idea of anyone here knowing who I am, but I eventually got over it.

jk the sooner fan
2/18/2012, 10:16 PM
first i was SoonerfanJK

then i changed to jk the sooner fan

8timechamps
2/18/2012, 11:49 PM

Very rare indeed, but I think it's the reason it's held on through the years.

When I started using the interwebs, it was all to waste time. Now, I use it for email, and to waste time.

Funny, I considered myself on the cutting edge of the internet (I had a sweet PC from radio shack...not a Tandy though), and I had AOL and thus an email address. I thought I was a stud. Unfortunately, absolutely nobody I knew had email, so it was completely worthless.

picasso
2/18/2012, 11:51 PM
I no longer kill for pleasure.

Flagstaffsooner
2/19/2012, 07:06 AM
I have less hair on my head, more on my back and ears. I'm starting to look like an oSu cheerleader.

C&CDean
2/19/2012, 10:36 AM
I can honestly say that I haven't changed a bit. I'm still the same old suave, sophisticated, worldly, insightful, cheery, patient, tolerant mother****er that I ever was.

What Yermom said is spot on. Very strange to actually know/have met a ****pot of posters from different backgrounds/political/sexual/religious persuasions, etc. Even some from different countries and fans of different teams. It is very unique in the innerweb world, and what I've found is that most folks are actually much better in person than on the web. Very, VERY few posters are like their IW personas in real life. Sometimes when I meet a poster I go "dang, he/she is the antithesis of their IW personality."

olevetonahill
2/19/2012, 10:42 AM
Like me Huh Dean .

Breadburner
2/19/2012, 01:30 PM
My dick is alot bigger than when I was young....

Turd_Ferguson
2/19/2012, 02:09 PM
What Yermom said is spot on. Very strange to actually know/have met a ****pot of posters from different backgrounds/political/sexual/religious persuasions, etc. Even some from different countries and fans of different teams. It is very unique in the innerweb world, and what I've found is that most folks are actually much better in person than on the web. Very, VERY few posters are like their IW personas in real life. Sometimes when I meet a poster I go "dang, he/she is the antithesis of their IW personality."Agree with this...with the exception of Vet. He's just as much an *** hole in person as he is on the innerwebs...

SicEmBaylor
2/19/2012, 02:15 PM
I like to think that I'm the same type-A suave alpha male type in real life that I am online.

Mississippi Sooner
2/19/2012, 04:54 PM
I'm the same smartass dick no matter where I am.

But people say I'm taller in person.

NYC Poke
2/20/2012, 12:47 AM
I cut my fingernails.

diverdog
2/20/2012, 08:41 AM
I like to think that I'm the same type-A suave alpha male type in real life that I am online.

Your a dude? Boy did I get that wrong. Who are the girls on this board?

GDC
2/20/2012, 12:04 PM
I can't remember my troll handles except Skunk Ape and GolfDeltaCharlie, but I had a bunch of 'em.

C&CDean
2/20/2012, 12:08 PM
I can't remember my troll handles except Skunk Ape and GolfDeltaCharlie, but I had a bunch of 'em.

Yes, yes you did.

TUSooner
2/20/2012, 12:37 PM

Yeah. Makes it harder to rip people to shreds when you might see them in a couple of months. (Not impossible, mind you, just harder. :biggrin: ) Because I realize actual humans are posting some of the garbage, I don't go overboard quite as much as I used to do. Not wholly by mere coincidence, I have a longer ignore list.

hawaii 5-0
2/20/2012, 12:40 PM
I usually put pants on when I step away from the keyboard.

5-0

TUSooner
2/20/2012, 12:47 PM
I can honestly say that I haven't changed a bit. I'm still the same old suave, sophisticated, worldly, insightful, cheery, patient, tolerant mother****er that I ever was.

What Yermom said is spot on. Very strange to actually know/have met a ****pot of posters from different backgrounds/political/sexual/religious persuasions, etc. Even some from different countries and fans of different teams. It is very unique in the innerweb world, and what I've found is that most folks are actually much better in person than on the web. Very, VERY few posters are like their IW personas in real life. Sometimes when I meet a poster I go "dang, he/she is the antithesis of their IW personality."

I might quibble with a few specific adjectives in there, but totally agree "that most folks are actually much better in person than on the web." That's why I have not yet used my lethal "Ether Transcendant Teleporting Face Stabber" to kill other posters.

C&CDean
2/20/2012, 02:09 PM
I might quibble with a few specific adjectives in there, but totally agree "that most folks are actually much better in person than on the web." That's why I have not yet used my lethal "Ether Transcendant Teleporting Face Stabber" to kill other posters.

Use it. Please.

sooneron
2/21/2012, 09:59 PM
Nowadays? I look like **** in the mornings and it doesn't get any better as the day moves along.

StoopTroup
2/21/2012, 10:07 PM
I used to be a Republican when I first got on the Internet. Once I learned that Al Gore invented it....I decided to act like a Dem just in case they took over. I am thankful I did it now that Obama has turned the US into the USSR. :D

oudavid1
2/22/2012, 11:08 AM
I wondered over hear and learned to spell. If you try and quote this, you didnt get the joke. And you're a moron : )

sanantoniosooner
2/22/2012, 11:30 AM
Interesting responses.

I'd suggest that it would be hard not to change over a lengthy period of time just because life and technology both change. To not change would be to imply that you don't gain understanding, or you were perfect in the first place. Of course, I know most fall in the later.

C&CDean
2/22/2012, 12:19 PM
Interesting responses.

I'd suggest that it would be hard not to change over a lengthy period of time just because life and technology both change. To not change would be to imply that you don't gain understanding, or you were perfect in the first place. Of course, I know most fall in the later.

I know, right?

Howzit
2/22/2012, 12:28 PM
I shave my junk now.

IB4OU2
2/22/2012, 12:30 PM
I shave my junk now.

Finally...

8timechamps
2/22/2012, 09:08 PM
I shave my junk now.

Guys like you much better now.

sooneron
2/22/2012, 09:38 PM
I've also learned to stop worrying and love the bomb!

Scott D
2/23/2012, 12:52 PM
I'm the same muh****ah here that I am in person muh****ahs :)

sanantoniosooner
2/23/2012, 01:18 PM
I'm the same muh****ah here that I am in person muh****ahs :)that wasn't the question

Boomer.....
2/23/2012, 01:47 PM
I'm the same muh****ah here that I am in person muh****ahs :)

Doleo?

OUDoc
2/23/2012, 03:28 PM
I shave my junk now.

oudavid1
2/23/2012, 06:52 PM

JJ got his hair?

olevetonahill
2/23/2012, 07:13 PM
OK , I dont tell everyone that I got a Pet Alligator anymore

8timechamps
2/23/2012, 07:50 PM

You should! I'd have that **** tattooed on my chest!

oudavid1
2/23/2012, 07:53 PM

in all seriousness: you have a pet alligator?

olevetonahill
2/23/2012, 08:37 PM
in all seriousness: you have a pet alligator?

DID till I said supun about it here on THIS board

oudavid1
2/23/2012, 10:33 PM

Oh yea, I think i remember you saying something like someone told on you and someone came an took it away :(

8timechamps
2/23/2012, 11:07 PM

What?!

What kind of jackass would "tell on someone" for posting something like that on a message board?!

Guess i better not brag about my extensive Sea Monkey collection.

Scott D
2/24/2012, 10:33 AM
What?!

What kind of jackass would "tell on someone" for posting something like that on a message board?!

Guess i better not brag about my extensive Sea Monkey collection.

people who take the internet too seriously, and attempt to deflect by claiming others take the internet too seriously.

sanantoniosooner
2/24/2012, 12:45 PM
One person calls it information, others consider it ammo.

You can't make people be classy or kind.

jk the sooner fan
2/24/2012, 01:16 PM

lol - funny

Sooner_Bob
2/24/2012, 01:31 PM
What you see is pretty much what you get with me . . . but I find my sarcasm is often lost via message board posts. So I've continued to try and be sarcastic telepathically . . . is it working?

3rdgensooner
2/26/2012, 11:49 AM
What has changed for me is that threads and jokes seem so repetitive. I get bored with things a lot easier than I used to. But, as Bob just said, what you see is what you get; I don't have a different persona online.

I've met a lot of people who I consider close friends through message boards. I've also met a few people who I have no interest in spending more time with. Which is pretty much like meeting people in any venue--most you like, some you don't.

SanJoaquinSooner
2/26/2012, 01:49 PM
n/a

OUDoc
2/27/2012, 03:53 PM
I've met a lot of people who I consider close friends through message boards. I've also met a few people who I have no interest in spending more time with. Which is pretty much like meeting people in any venue--most you like, some you don't.
Stop hitting on me!

sooneron
2/28/2012, 01:40 PM
Which is pretty much like meeting people in any venue--most you don't like, some you do.

there ya go!

3rdgensooner
2/28/2012, 01:43 PM
Stop hitting on me!I can't help myself.

there ya go!Now you've gone and changed the meaning of my message. harrumph