PDA

View Full Version : I Had No Idea tip 4 u

Spray
2/18/2012, 10:06 AM
On the fuel gauge in a car there is a little arrow underneath the gas pump symbol. This arrow tells you which side of the car the gas tank is on so you know how to pull up to the pump.

This is great when you are a rental car or if you have stolen a car only to find its almost on empty and you need to quickly fill up before the police pinpoint your location.

olevetonahill
2/18/2012, 12:23 PM
Im sorry but if You have to have a Lighted arrow to tell you where the Gas cap is then you prolly too ****in stupid to be drivin.
Jes Sayin

rekamrettuB
2/18/2012, 02:02 PM
I never steal a care on E. First thing I check.

Lott's Bandana
2/18/2012, 02:07 PM
Sometimes the little gas pump symbol is all that is there, but it usually is on the side of the gas flap thingy.

Years of rental sleds taught me this nugget, and yes, it actually is a nice thing to know when you're late returning a car to an airport and you have to top off.

jumperstop
2/18/2012, 03:41 PM
Drove my car for five years before I noticed that arrow.

yermom
2/18/2012, 03:45 PM
i hadn't noticed it for a long time

CrimsonKel
2/18/2012, 04:50 PM
big government?

olevetonahill
2/19/2012, 10:45 AM
Sometimes the little gas pump symbol is all that is there, but it usually is on the side of the gas flap thingy.

Years of rental sleds taught me this nugget, and yes, it actually is a nice thing to know when you're late returning a car to an airport and you have to top off.

Maybe its just me Bro
But If/When Im driving a car thats not my own , IE: a rental or borrowed car I always do a walk around and look for obvious damage, Check the tires etc.

picasso
2/19/2012, 10:48 AM
When you fill up, stop after the first time the handle clicks off. If you top it off it affects your mileage.

jkjsooner
2/19/2012, 08:27 PM
I didn't know that. Just checked, my Honda has the arrow but the VW does not. Also, the VW's gas symbol is on the left side but the tank is on the right. Maybe when the E symbol comes up it will have it.

And, yes, I do get confused when I pull up to the pump. I never forgot when I only had one car but now we have two and we switch on and off regularly and I can never remember which is which.

SicEmBaylor
2/19/2012, 08:29 PM
Im sorry but if You have to have a Lighted arrow to tell you where the Gas cap is then you prolly too ****in stupid to be drivin.
Jes Sayin

:mad:

StoopTroup
2/19/2012, 08:53 PM
:mad:

SicEm's Moped must not have an arrow. :D

SicEmBaylor
2/19/2012, 09:18 PM
SicEm's Moped must not have an arrow. :D
I have never owned a moped. I owned a SCOOTER. Big difference!

StoopTroup
2/19/2012, 09:31 PM
I have never owned a moped. I owned a SCOOTER. Big difference!

Whatever Scooter....:D