PDA

View Full Version : That smelly smell around Stillwater

badger
2/17/2012, 10:08 AM
That, my Sooner friends, is the smell of T. Boone Pickens money getting blown on a crappy football program :stunned:

Link (http://www.tulsaworld.com/sportsextra/OSU/article.aspx?subjectid=93&articleid=20120217_93_B1_ULNSao754458)

Less than three years after Oklahoma State's Boone Pickens Stadium renovation was completed, the Cowboy football operation has been disrupted by a major plumbing issue.

Work has begun, OSU's Kevin Klintworth reports in an email to the Tulsa World, on "the removal and upgrade of a large portion of the main sanitary sewer system serving the field level of the stadium."

Yes, a stinky stink all over their BCS bowl winning program's stadium, fresh off their only Big 12 championship. This has to be an omen that the football gods giveth and quickly taketh away. [hairGel]

Included among facilities at field level of the massive, $180 million west-end structure are the locker room, strength-and-conditioning center and equipment room. As their 14,000-square-foot locker room is the most affected area of the plumbing project, OSU players have been moved to temporary quarters in a locker room within Gallagher-Iba Arena.

Anyways, for those of you outside of Tulsa that don't have to hear about the Pokes as much as we do here, I thought I'd let you know :les:

LVSOONER15
2/17/2012, 10:40 AM
pokes better clean themselves out.

PrideMom
2/17/2012, 10:42 AM
Who cares?

badger
2/17/2012, 10:52 AM
Who cares?

It's offseason. Need to rile up the OP.com posters a little every so often. Can just picture them now: "Ooooo, those gooners called us smelly! How DARE they call us names! Well... they're GOONERS! GOOOOOOOOOOOONERRRRRRRRRRRZZZZZZZZZZZZZ!!!"

colleyvillesooner
2/17/2012, 11:00 AM
Who cares?

Excellent post. Thanks for your contribution!

SoonerTerry
2/17/2012, 11:03 AM
well... it is STOOLwater...

SOFSooner
2/17/2012, 12:18 PM
They don't call it STOOLWATER for nothing (LOL)!

Jacie
2/17/2012, 04:03 PM
Having walked around on campus in Stillwater during spring, my question concerning this story is how were they able to determine that the smell was coming from the stadium, what distinguished it from any other part of campus?

MichiganSooner
2/17/2012, 04:25 PM
I read the article and was wondering if the same bricklayer who put the OU on the side of the stadium was the same guy who laid the sewer line. The whole story is so Aggie!!

badger
2/17/2012, 05:01 PM
Having walked around on campus in Stillwater during spring, my question concerning this story is how were they able to determine that the smell was coming from the stadium, what distinguished it from any other part of campus?

To be fair, OU had a severe drainage problem around Molly Shi's many landscaping projects for the years when I was at OU as a student. I always wondered if it was to dissuade students from walking on her precious lawneries, lest any smoking Sooner drop an ugly cigarette butt into her pristine coordinated mum gardens GAGGAGGAGGAGGAG

So, the lawns around OU's campus (especially north of the stadium and the south of the Blender) would regularly puddle up. Then students like me that didn't care to stay on the crowded sidewalks at all times would, without warning, have a muddy shoe or two, and if the water stagnated for a few days, swampy sewer smell EWWWWWW

I used to giggle when that one OU ad (one of David Boren's "did you know?" series about five years ago) had students "studying" on a blanket next to Ellison Hall by that woman statue. That was a swampy puddle area. They must have been sitting on a waterproof blanket for that video shoot, hehe

Seamus
2/17/2012, 05:06 PM
11:03

well... it is STOOLwater...

12:18

They don't call it STOOLWATER for nothing (LOL)!

Good reading retention ...

StoopTroup
2/17/2012, 05:09 PM
I hope it take a couple of years to fix. I have no problem taking the Home Game two years in a row that the Big XII realignment stole from us.

yermom
2/19/2012, 12:32 AM
North til you smell it, east til you step in it

picasso
2/19/2012, 10:38 AM
That ain't the Christmas Star...

Flagstaffsooner
2/19/2012, 12:43 PM
This years Nike unis.

http://www.iapmonline.org/PublishingImages/Worker_Sewer.jpg

Peeb
2/21/2012, 08:41 AM
This years Nike unis.

OK, I know that haters are gonna hate, but that pic/caption right there is funny, I don't care who you are!

NYC Poke
2/21/2012, 12:24 PM
This years Nike unis.

Okay, THAT'S funny.

SoonerTerry
2/21/2012, 12:33 PM
This years Nike unis.

I hope that guy has some air being pumped down to him.

BeaSooner
2/21/2012, 03:50 PM
As if that plumbing project is going to fix the smell..... come on now....

StoopTroup
2/21/2012, 04:46 PM
They need to get rid of the pig farm before they start working on the sewer system.

BeaSooner
2/21/2012, 06:06 PM
Get rid of the cheerleaders? Still ain't gonna fix the stank.