PDA

View Full Version : Tony Jefferson's Uncle

SOFSooner
2/17/2012, 04:31 AM
After being in Djibouti for almost 2 years a ray of sunshine has broken through the clouds. I was talking to a USN officer today and found out he was Tony Jefferson's uncle. We talked OU football for hours (even though he is a FSU fan being from Tallahassee). He also talked about Tony Jefferson during high school and how big he had gotten after being at OU for a year. This has made my day, year and most of my deployment here. BOOMER SOONER!!!!!!!!

dwarthog
2/17/2012, 07:50 AM
Great story! Glad you got some OU sunshine your way!

stoopified
2/17/2012, 09:07 AM
After being in Djibouti for almost 2 years a ray of sunshine has broken through the clouds. I was talking to a USN officer today and found out he was Tony Jefferson's uncle. We talked OU football for hours (even though he is a FSU fan being from Tallahassee). He also talked about Tony Jefferson during high school and how big he had gotten after being at OU for a year. This has made my day, year and most of my deployment here. BOOMER SOONER!!!!!!!!Sounds like a good time. BTW,WELCOME HOME

Boomer.....
2/17/2012, 09:35 AM
It's a small world!

badger
2/17/2012, 09:35 AM
Welcome home! And cool story bro :D

SOFSooner
2/17/2012, 12:16 PM
Thanks for the thoughts guys, but still in Djibouti for another 4 to 6 months but the great thing is I should be home for OU/tx game, then I retire from the army. BOOMER SOONER!!!!!!!

olevetonahill
2/17/2012, 12:18 PM
Cool stay safe

cvsooner
2/17/2012, 12:27 PM
Speaking of getting big: Tony's twitter feed has been pretty funny about workouts lately, with things like, "Haha put my alarm clock on 4:50 pm and not am, dangit. Time to go see Smitty. Here we go" and "Ugh who made up workouts at 5 in the morning anyway? Like why? Lol I don't think anybody is gonna play a game at 5 in the mornin haha geeze" and "Lol I missed my workout this morning so I'm about to go thru hell" and "I ain't comin at 5. Comin at 2" to Jerry Schmidt. And "Words you hate hearing: Go talk to smitty...."

badger
2/17/2012, 12:29 PM
Speaking of getting big: Tony's twitter feed has been pretty funny about workouts lately, with things like, "Haha put my alarm clock on 4:50 pm and not am, dangit. Time to go see Smitty. Here we go" and "Ugh who made up workouts at 5 in the morning anyway? Like why? Lol I don't think anybody is gonna play a game at 5 in the mornin haha geeze" and "Lol I missed my workout this morning so I'm about to go thru hell" and "I ain't comin at 5. Comin at 2" to Jerry Schmidt. And "Words you hate hearing: Go talk to smitty...."

Cute. I remember when I used to have a 5 a.m. shift. I'd wake up at 4 to ensure that I was awake enough to drive in. Then, I'd crash for several hours immediately after. Daytime TV usually did the trick

cvsooner
2/17/2012, 12:31 PM
And Smitty's twitter (which sounds funny) has postings: "come on big dog, you're not a freshman anymore. You gotta be a leader. You wouldn't wake up late on game day would you?" to TJeff. And another: "everybody says they're grown *** men around here. Grown *** men would be fired for s**t like that. Come back at 5."

Legendary.

LVSOONER15
2/17/2012, 12:32 PM
Thanks for sharing your story and serving our counrty. God bless you.

cvsooner
2/17/2012, 07:36 PM
Kenny Stills just tweeted: ""Sore" doesn't describe how my body feels." Heh. Good thing it's the weekend, fellas.

StoopTroup
2/17/2012, 08:08 PM
Cool you guys got to talk OU Football.

See you at the RRSO ! ! !

BOOMER SOONER ! ! !

Chuck Bao
2/18/2012, 03:43 AM
Thanks for sharing this story, SOFSooner and much more importantly thanks for serving our country. I would love to buy you a beer or two at the State Fair of Texas in October.

VA Sooner
2/18/2012, 08:55 AM
Great story, thanks for sharing.

And more importantly... thank you for everything you do for our country. Welcome home.

picasso
2/18/2012, 10:05 AM
Hopefully the coaches will make up their minds where he's going to play. He's a stud.