PDA

View Full Version : Notre Dame AD to Big XII?

gwydion
2/16/2012, 09:33 AM
http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/story/17279131/irish-ad-swarbrick-can-move-mountains-would-move-big-12-too

badger
2/16/2012, 09:47 AM
Can he bring Notre Dame with him? :P

OULenexaman
2/16/2012, 10:14 AM
So how did this guy finish 2nd fiddle to Beebe **** for brains??

TheUnnamedSooner
2/16/2012, 05:17 PM

That's what scares me.

soonercoop1
2/16/2012, 05:43 PM
Kind of a head-scratcher if true since ND hasn't been good in a decade or 2....

nativesooner
2/16/2012, 06:14 PM
this may have something to do with the rumors that ND will be joining the Big XII in the next couple of years.... Should be interesting to see what comes of this!

8timechamps
2/16/2012, 10:06 PM
How is a guy that has not even been in a conference (at least for the biggest college sport, football) qualified to run a major one?

And, there is a better chance of gold coins falling from my butt and into my terlet, than there is of ND joining the Big XII for football.

picasso
2/16/2012, 10:16 PM
Probably wouldn't happen now.

soonerboy_odanorth
2/16/2012, 10:59 PM

Simple. He has a backbone. Texas.... and OU... didn't want a commissioner with a backbone. They wanted to call the shots. All the schools did. Nebraska was no exception.

Case study in exactly why the Articles of Confederation didn't work out so well. Self determination can be a sticky widget without a head to guide the advance of the body.

badger
2/17/2012, 09:31 AM
Case study in exactly why the Articles of Confederation didn't work out so well.

Do I remember my history correctly? If so, would it go something like this if the Big 12 were run like the Articles?

Big 12: All in favor of kicking Baylor out?
Everyone except Baylor: Aye!
Big 12: Opposed?
Baylor: NAY!
Big 12: Well, everyone gets a vote and the vote has to be unanimous, so Baylor is not out of the Big 12.
Everyone except Baylor: Bawwwwww
Baylor: Yay!

soonerboomer
2/17/2012, 12:19 PM
A few years ago I favored dropping Baylor from the Big 12. However, I have since changed my mind because their athletic program has significantly improved. They now are competitive with both basketball teams, baseball, and football.

badger
2/17/2012, 12:28 PM
A few years ago I favored dropping Baylor from the Big 12. However, I have since changed my mind because their athletic program has significantly improved. They now are competitive with both basketball teams, baseball, and football.

And then, the calendar will say "August" and they'll go back to being Baylor :D

Seriously though, I was just using it as a hypothetical. We need a private school to stop the open records requests on everything. Of course, now that we have TCU, Baylor is expendable if necessary, hehe