PDA

View Full Version : OU women host KSU

badger
2/15/2012, 11:39 AM
Who's ready to get over last night's loss... and the night before's loss... and the Saturday men's loss... and the Baylor women's loss of last week...

I AM SICK OF LOSING! IT IS TIME TO WIN AGAIN!!!!!!!

7 p.m. tonite

TV:
Oklahoma City: KAUT Ch. 43 (COX 16, 714 HD)
Tulsa: COX 3, 703 HD

Radio:
Oklahoma City: KOKC 1520 AM
Norman: KREF 1400 AM

SS.com preview here. (http://www.soonersports.com/sports/w-baskbl/spec-rel/021412aaa.html)

I will be tuning in a bit late due to church stuff (it's Wednesday and it's nearly Lent) so if you can't catch the game, catch me ranting (sans dogs this time, since Westminster finished last night) here around 8 p.m. or so for the second half.

Boomer!

PalmBeachSooner
2/15/2012, 03:11 PM
I've be looking at the team stats for the season and it seems to me OU's biggest problem is too many turnovers and a not-so-good shooting percentage. While their overall shooting percentage is better than that of their opponents, they have shot poorly against the better teams they have faced this season. So, if you are looking for some keys to tonight's matchup, it would be just that. Win the turnover battle by a significant margin and shoot the ball better than their 41% season average. Playing at home should help them get the job done.

OU women are averaging almost 18 turnovers per game! That's 18 possessions that they lost an opportunity to score. If they eliminate those turnovers they could potentially score 15 points or more a game (40% shooting). I know it's out of the question to have zero turnovers in a game but the point is if they reduced them by half, they beat Vandy, tOSU, aTm and OSU and they'd be sitting at 20-4 and 10-2 in conference play.

The point is that those are things that can be fixed. The OU women aren't that far away from being a really good team.

badger
2/15/2012, 03:22 PM
When there's a few more days between games (two recovery days between UConn and KSU is bad juju, mon) I'll have to reexamine the season stats. One thing I lost site of when I graduated and stated looking at box scores more than actual games, then regained sight of as they televised us more (yay, Billy Tubbs on commentary!) is that the stats do not show defensive efforts, how well we move the ball, etc. So, it will be interesting to see how we play tonight.

badger
2/15/2012, 09:25 PM
I just got home. Looks like our shooting woes persist. Down 7 with 12ish left

badger
2/15/2012, 09:37 PM
Still down 7 with 8ish left, but i think ksu is getting in foul trouble.

We are making shots, but also giving up points on defense.

badger
2/15/2012, 09:40 PM
Aaaaand some quick points brought our deficit to three with 7ish left. Go us! Dont let up!

badger
2/15/2012, 09:48 PM
Ou takes the lead with 3:33 left. Ksu post players with four fouls, but kitties are making lots of threes this game. Hmm...

badger
2/15/2012, 09:50 PM
Sherri coale is soooo fired up ever since deshawn's running layup gave us the lead. Fist pumping, shouting let's go, motioning to the crowd, you name it.

But coach, whoever told you high rise pants were back instyle is a lying liar :P

badger
2/15/2012, 09:54 PM
1:37 left we lead by three. We have the ball, sherri timeout.

We are really locking in on defense, but dare i say... the refs seem to like us tonite

badger
2/15/2012, 09:54 PM
We missed. Ksu timeout 1:20 left

badger
2/15/2012, 09:56 PM
Ksu fail. We lead 3 with 52 secs left. Sherri timeout

badger
2/15/2012, 09:58 PM
They foul cerina with 43 secs left and sends ksu girl to bench with five.

Left...right...left...right... SIT DOWN!

badger
2/15/2012, 09:59 PM
Hook fouls on a shot. Cerina sank one so we are up 4.

30 secs left

badger
2/15/2012, 10:01 PM
Up 4, with 23 secs left. Ksu final timeout. We have a foul to give

badger
2/15/2012, 10:02 PM
Ksu fail. Whitney fouled with 12 secs left. We lead by 4

badger
2/15/2012, 10:03 PM
We wiin! 68-62 final :)

SoonerInFortSmith
2/16/2012, 01:06 AM
Just got done watching the replay. What a game. We have three freshman that are gonna be stars. They basically kept our heads above water until Vegas finally got going.

Chuck Bao
2/16/2012, 02:43 AM
I was not at all happy during this game...well, until the last few minutes when OU, particularly Ellenberg, turned it around. Shots weren't falling. FT weren't falling (with some pretty generous refing). 20+ turnovers. At one point, Morgan Hook dribbled the ball on her foot and it rolled out of bounds. How often do you see that? It was facepalm night for about 30 minutes, except for Whitney Hand.

Maybe it was too many games scheduled too close together. Coach Coale has a pretty deep bench, but everyone still seemed out of sorts. At one point, the big screen zoomed in on Kaylon Willians at the FT line and she was huffing and puffing. They quickly zoomed out and you could still tell she was knackered with her hands on her hips waiting for her FT shots. I wish Kay-Kay would shoot more from open mid-range jumpers. Cerina did shoot from under the basket but they weren't falling tonight. Whitney carried the team in the first half, with 3s and driving into the paint. Then, Ellenburg came on at just the right time.

I hope the team has a chance to rest before the Iowa St. game this Saturday.

badger
2/16/2012, 09:48 AM
So in other words, I should delete the game from my DVR and not attempt to watch the first half and 8 minutes of the second half that I missed? :P

PalmBeachSooner
2/16/2012, 01:06 PM
Shooting was actually a little above their season average as was the 22 turnovers. The only reason turnovers weren't a major factor in the outcome was because KSU had 20.