PDA

View Full Version : So, what did you do for Valentine's Day?

badger
2/14/2012, 02:07 PM
NP and I had to have an early holiday since he's outta state today.

He made me the most delicious Valentine's Day dinner with ratatouille, asparagus and salmon. For desert, it was some type of ginger dish. He also got me a renewal for my Xbox Live account :)

I got him a leather cover and light for his Christmas Kindle and some Valentine's Day sweets.

I also snuck a card into his backpack for him to find today and cell phone'd him some silly photos of me this morning.

SoonerAtKU
2/14/2012, 02:40 PM
silly photos...mmhmm, I remember getting "silly" emailed photos from girls.

All kidding aside, I made dinner this weekend. Chicken fried steak, corn, mashed potatoes, homemade gravy. Cheesecake. Flowers and a card today.

I think that's it.

Tulsa_Fireman
2/14/2012, 03:03 PM
Scored.

BLAM.

TUSooner
2/14/2012, 03:21 PM
I got a nice bottle of wine for the old gal, and then I'll let her kick back and relax (without cooking). Not exciting? So? I know what she likes after [deleted] years of marriage. :wink:

olevetonahill
2/14/2012, 03:36 PM
I broke up with the yainch, So I wouldnt have to worry about it.

reflector
2/14/2012, 03:44 PM
Nothing.

C&CDean
2/14/2012, 03:48 PM
We went to Benvenuti's last Friday night. The End.

Mississippi Sooner
2/14/2012, 03:54 PM
Well, since my wife passed away last year, our tradition of going to Destin on the weekend just before or just after Valentine's Day has ended. I thought about going down by myself just for the heck of it, but then decided it would be too depressing. I never want the Gulf Coast to become depressing.

I'll probably just buy one of those big boxes of chocolate that will go on sale tomorrow and eat the whole thing.

olevetonahill
2/14/2012, 04:05 PM
I did Buy my BailBonds lady a stuffed animal ;)

SanJoaquinSooner
2/14/2012, 04:27 PM
I did Buy my BailBonds lady a stuffed animal ;)

what about your housekeeper?

badger
2/14/2012, 04:37 PM
Some of the single people around me are getting into the holiday spirit, as are the people with a significant other, bringing in homemade sweets and such.

Then, there's also the random flowers appearing randomly to make the rest of us flowerless ones jealous, hehe j/k

olevetonahill
2/14/2012, 04:40 PM
what about your housekeeper?
I forgot about her
Hell Guess Ill go out tomorrow and Buy her sompun , She dont show up till thursday

SanJoaquinSooner
2/14/2012, 05:19 PM
I forgot about her
Hell Guess Ill go out tomorrow and Buy her sompun , She dont show up till thursday

She'll appreciate that.:adoration:

Boomer.....
2/14/2012, 05:36 PM
We're going to eat at the Haunted House.

8timechamps
2/14/2012, 06:14 PM
Went to Del Frisco over the weekend, sent flowers. I'm done. Valentines Day is one of those events that you can get yourself in trouble if you don't "do something", but as a man, I could really care less.

8timechamps
2/14/2012, 06:15 PM
Well, since my wife passed away last year, our tradition of going to Destin on the weekend just before or just after Valentine's Day has ended. I thought about going down by myself just for the heck of it, but then decided it would be too depressing. I never want the Gulf Coast to become depressing.

I'll probably just buy one of those big boxes of chocolate that will go on sale tomorrow and eat the whole thing.

Damn dude, today probably sucks for you. Well, at least the football schedule came out today, and there will be a lot of cheap candy on sale at the grocery store tomorrow. Hang in there buddy.

Mississippi Sooner
2/14/2012, 08:56 PM
Damn dude, today probably sucks for you. Well, at least the football schedule came out today, and there will be a lot of cheap candy on sale at the grocery store tomorrow. Hang in there buddy.

It's all good. She was always more the kind to appreciate gestures at unexpected times for the most part. In fact, that's how the Destin thing got started. I mourn deeply for not having her in my life anymore, but I also know she'd be ticked if she thought I wasn't getting all the enjoyment I can out of life. That's one of the reasons I fell for her in the first place.

afs
2/14/2012, 09:31 PM
Getting drunk and watching TV.

oudavid1
2/15/2012, 09:26 AM
NP and I had to have an early holiday since he's outta state today.

He made me the most delicious Valentine's Day dinner with ratatouille, asparagus and salmon. For desert, it was some type of ginger dish. He also got me a renewal for my Xbox Live account :)

I got him a leather cover and light for his Christmas Kindle and some Valentine's Day sweets.

I also snuck a card into his backpack for him to find today and cell phone'd him some silly photos of me this morning.

You play NCAA 12?

badger
2/15/2012, 10:05 AM
You play NCAA 12?

That is more NP's game than mine, and he grew kind of tired of them doing nothing but update the jersey numbers. He has soooo many complaints about it, about the only thing he really seemed to enjoy anymore was being in a league with friends and building a program via recruiting and sh!t from ground zero.

Last year's league ended up being kind of silly. He had his recruiting class sewn up, but he was in the SEC, so what does he do? He calls up the top undecided recruits and essentially screams "S-E-C! S-E-C!" and hangs up. Suddenly, the recruit does't want to attend Texas Tech, or USC, or any non-SEC school as much anymore (even if an SEC school is not on their short list). You accomplished by comparing the conferences of your school with their top choice, even if you were not a top choice of theirs. Ever.

So, that's what a $60 game devolved into for NP --- trolling virtual 5-stars for SEC-ness.

oudavid1
2/15/2012, 10:08 AM
That is more NP's game than mine, and he grew kind of tired of them doing nothing but update the jersey numbers. He has soooo many complaints about it, about the only thing he really seemed to enjoy anymore was being in a league with friends and building a program via recruiting and sh!t from ground zero.

Last year's league ended up being kind of silly. He had his recruiting class sewn up, but he was in the SEC, so what does he do? He calls up the top undecided recruits and essentially screams "S-E-C! S-E-C!" and hangs up. Suddenly, the recruit does't want to attend Texas Tech, or USC, or any non-SEC school as much anymore (even if an SEC school is not on their short list). You accomplished by comparing the conferences of your school with their top choice, even if you were not a top choice of theirs. Ever.

So, that's what a $60 game devolved into for NP --- trolling virtual 5-stars for SEC-ness.

I play with Tennessee and just pwn n00bs! lol

Breadburner
2/15/2012, 10:14 AM
Webers Root Beer Stand.....

JohnnyMack
2/15/2012, 10:55 AM
I put it in Dean's butt while he sang "I'm Every Woman". You know, the usual.

olevetonahill
2/15/2012, 10:57 AM
I put it in Dean's butt while he sang "I'm Every Woman". You know, the usual.

So yer sayin Yer both Ghey?

C&CDean
2/15/2012, 11:16 AM
Truth be known, he probably did - but I didn't feel a thing.

FirstandGoal
2/15/2012, 11:27 AM
Took my daughter to school. Hit the treadmill hard for 90 minutes and had a kick *** workout. Worked an 8 hour shift, then ate dinner with some friends.

All in all, I really hate Valentine's Day. I mean, we just had to endure the holidays a few weeks ago and now here's yet another poke in the eye for those of us who are single. Meh.

Today my plan is to give away all of the Valentine's Day candy I got from coworkers and friends.

8timechamps
2/15/2012, 09:36 PM
Took my daughter to school. Hit the treadmill hard for 90 minutes and had a kick *** workout. Worked an 8 hour shift, then ate dinner with some friends.

All in all, I really hate Valentine's Day. I mean, we just had to endure the holidays a few weeks ago and now here's yet another poke in the eye for those of us who are single. Meh.

Today my plan is to give away all of the Valentine's Day candy I got from coworkers and friends.

If it's any help, Valentines Day is just as stupid to some of us non-single folks.