PDA

View Full Version : Horrible: Justice Breyer robbed

Whet
2/13/2012, 10:40 PM
How unfortunate Justice Breyer was robbed in his own vacation home in the West Indies! I guess he is too good to have a vacation home in Branson!

WASHINGTON – Justice Stephen Breyer was robbed last week by a machete-wielding intruder at his vacation home in the West Indies, a Supreme Court spokeswoman said Monday.The 73-year-old Breyer, wife Joanna and guests were confronted by the robber around 9 p.m. EST Thursday in the home Breyer owns on the Caribbean island of Nevis, spokeswoman Kathy Arberg said. The intruder took about $1,000 in cash and no one was hurt, Arberg said.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/02/13/justice-breyer-robbed-at-west-indies-vacation-home/#ixzz1mK9QDlLY

Turd_Ferguson
2/13/2012, 10:54 PM
How unfortunate Justice Breyer was robbed in his own vacation home in the West Indies! I guess he is too good to have a vacation home in Branson!The 'publicans were probably behind this...

Whet
2/13/2012, 11:09 PM
'publicans, hell - it was Karl Rove and George Bush!

StoopTroup
2/13/2012, 11:11 PM
My hope is that everyone Pub or Dem that has **** loads of money in banks outside the US go down to do a withdrawl and face a similar situation as to what happened to the guy Johnny Depp portrayed in Traffic.

He left the US to live abroad as it became clear that he wasn't going to be able to live in the US because of his decisions he'd made.

When he went to the bank in Guatemala I think it was....the Country had had a coup and his money was no longer in the bank. He had lost 30-40 million bucks.

Quite a shocker it'd be for these asswipes that have made decisions for decades about America and Americans and later find that living somewhere else is more to their liking.

I don't trust anyone that lives outside the US anymore that tries to use another Country as a Tax Shelter. It needs to be ruled as Treasonous unless they are investing the money in at least a US Company. This horseshot of sheltering it outside the US so you can later move to an island and retire like a King instead of an American who is proud of their Country is just IMO and elitist way of selling out your own Countrymen.

SoonerPride
2/13/2012, 11:24 PM
How unfortunate Justice Breyer was robbed in his own vacation home in the West Indies! I guess he is too good to have a vacation home in Branson!

WASHINGTON – Justice Stephen Breyer was robbed last week by a machete-wielding intruder at his vacation home in the West Indies, a Supreme Court spokeswoman said Monday.The 73-year-old Breyer, wife Joanna and guests were confronted by the robber around 9 p.m. EST Thursday in the home Breyer owns on the Caribbean island of Nevis, spokeswoman Kathy Arberg said. The intruder took about $1,000 in cash and no one was hurt, Arberg said.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/02/13/justice-breyer-robbed-at-west-indies-vacation-home/#ixzz1mK9QDlLY

The politics of envy.

How sad for you.

Whet
2/13/2012, 11:26 PM
need more kool aide?

StoopTroup
2/13/2012, 11:39 PM
The politics of envy.

How sad for you.

I would have chose Aspen or Vail or maybe one of the new Utah Resorts and maybe a nice place in Maui when I wanted to get some sun. :D At least those are US locales.

I've been to the Carib. I don't feel any need to ever go back down there again. It's pretty damn sad. I would give some of that money I made as a Judge to the rebuilding of Haiti. Even though the Government and the years of Corruptness that went on prior to the Hurricane....the aftermath has nothing to do with helping the people of Haiti put their Country back together. Hopefully they will be touched by the amount of help they get and learn to clean up the Country once and for all instead of have to sell off their kids to the rich as slaves.

I worked with a couple of guys who were lucky enough to escape from there as kids and grow up in the US. They have all used every bit of their vacation to travel back to their Birth Country to try and help put the Airport and Ports back into shape so that there will maybe be a better future for the place their Mothers and Fathers needed to escape from.

cccasooner2
2/14/2012, 12:23 AM
A demonstration of the peoples' right to bear machetes.

soonercruiser
2/14/2012, 03:25 PM
Bang! Bang!
But, Breyer probably doesn't believe in owning a gun....2nd Ammendment!
:dispirited:

NickDangerThirdEye
2/16/2012, 01:39 AM
If Branson was my first choice, I'd buy a place there, if I could afford one. But it isn't my first choice. I'd probably want a place in the Bahamas - I don't care for Colorado and snow or Vail or Hawaii and the 8 hour flight. Even so, Breyer isn't trying to hide money in foreign country banks. Nevis is a beautiful place. Nothing wrong with having a vacation place outside the U.S. He probably has one in Michigan or in the finger lakes area or Florida or off the coast of North Carolina.