PDA

View Full Version : Valentines Day Special: OU versus Texas - Men's basketball

ouflak
2/13/2012, 04:23 AM
There's love in the air!

ouflak
2/13/2012, 04:42 AM
Just to clarify that last betting option. Any marriage proposal has to be specifically mentioned by some reliable source, *and* I've got to find mention of it by those sources. So you're not only betting that this event will occur at the game, you're betting on it being reported or mentioned by somebody reporting on the game, and you're betting on my googling skills to find it. Eyewitness accounts will be heavily considered, but then I'd like some pics or video if you can provide it. Good luck!

edit: I'll also likely count this as a win if the proposal occurs within some arbitrary number of minutes after the game (for example, a player proposes to a cheerleader in front of the cameras or some such thing).

second edit: Keep in mind that I will not be able to see this game, and will likely not be staying up into the wee hours of the night to listen to it. If it seems necessary, I think I can listen to a recording of the audio later on, but that will mean delaying the settlement of this event.

badger
2/13/2012, 09:07 AM
I am in desperate need of vWelfare cuz the Sooners didn't come through for me this weekend :(

TexSpud
2/15/2012, 11:44 AM
Not to be picky but the Sooners (though they failed to beat UT) did have more assists (15 vs. 10).
Beat Texas.
Boomer.

badger
2/15/2012, 11:51 AM
Not to be picky but the Sooners (though they failed to beat UT) did have more assists (15 vs. 10).
Beat Texas.
Boomer.

So they did... NO vREFUNDS! :P

Seriously though, there's no takeback/undo/restart button on vBookie, so even mistakes by vModadors cannot be undone once vBets are vSettled.

Tell ya what --- to make up for lost vCash, I will change the Lin-sanity vBet on the Knicks event to 2 for 1 payoff. Do you believe in Jeremy Lin? :D

ouflak
2/15/2012, 04:08 PM
They must have updated this stat. I quadruple checked this (I would have won this one myself). Hmmmm.... I've been considering posting a pic of the stats with these bets, especially since I tend to settle these very early in the morning where there is still a chance they might be later updated. In that case, the caveat would be that I settle the bets according to the stats I find at the time, not necessarily the final stats. Too bad the marriage proposal one didn't hit. Guess there were not enough hopeless romantics in attendance.

badger
2/15/2012, 05:12 PM
They must have updated this stat. I quadruple checked this (I would have won this one myself). Hmmmm.... I've been considering posting a pic of the stats with these bets, especially since I tend to settle these very early in the morning where there is still a chance they might be later updated. In that case, the caveat would be that I settle the bets according to the stats I find at the time, not necessarily the final stats. Too bad the marriage proposal one didn't hit. Guess there were not enough hopeless romantics in attendance.

Hell, there wasn't enough of anyone in attendance, period. I think the OU womens game on Monday was better attended than the men's game last night. THE OU TEXAS game! crazy.

Like I said, I'm giving double payment on Lin-sanity tonight to make up for it. For all future vBets, take note of the following disclaimer:

Disclaimer: vModadors decision is final, because vBookie says it is. The dog puts on the sunglasses and says "deal with it" hehe

badger
2/15/2012, 05:13 PM
http://i2.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/original/000/002/686/Deal_with_it_dog_gif.gif

:P