PDA

View Full Version : Why I hate religion but love Jesus

diverdog
2/12/2012, 08:09 AM
Any thoughts?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1IAhDGYlpqY&feature=youtube_gdata_player

soonerhubs
2/12/2012, 09:14 AM
I've seen this one before. It sounds like this poet has personal problems that he projects onto organized religion. That's merely the tone I got from him. Organized religion is not the poet's thing, and to each his/her own.

Mentioning his personal issues were still around while he was part of a church doesn't necessarily make the church which attended "bad" per se. There have been plenty of emotional, physical, and spiritual healings, that I have witnessed inside of an organized religion.

Unlike some of my friends on facebook, I don't really see it as some "eye-opening" video.

diverdog
2/12/2012, 09:22 AM
I've seen this one before. It sounds like this poet has personal problems that he projects onto organized religion. That's merely the tone I got from him. Organized religion is not the poet's thing, and to each his/her own.

Mentioning his personal issues were still around while he was part of a church doesn't necessarily make the church which attended "bad" per se. There have been plenty of emotional, physical, and spiritual healings, that I have witnessed inside of an organized religion.

Unlike some of my friends on facebook, I don't really see it as some "eye-opening" video.

I think he makes some valid points. Is it eye opening? That is an interesting thought. Clearly he has passion and I believe he is sincere.

I loved the one part that said if grace is water then churches should be oceans.

jk the sooner fan
2/12/2012, 10:08 AM
i think he misses the point of organized religion - or has trouble accepting the root cause of the shortcomings...and i think he uses a very broad brush in his indictment of churches

my other thought is that he probably does very little actual reading of scripture - but i could be dead wrong on that

AlboSooner
2/12/2012, 10:14 AM
This video points to the mortal problem the church faces. This is the number one issue that should be the focus of every Christian: living out the words Jesus spoke.

The content of the video is sipped, dipped, washed, and rinsed in Scripture. I will see that dude in the Kingdom to come. No doubt.

SoonerPride
2/12/2012, 10:46 AM
It's like saying you love Coke but hate soda.

It's nonsense.

sappstuf
2/12/2012, 10:55 AM
Any thoughts?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1IAhDGYlpqY&feature=youtube_gdata_player

I think you should learn how to embed video, you old goat! ;)

diverdog
2/12/2012, 12:40 PM
I think you should learn how to embed video, you old goat! ;)

Don't you have a war to fight somewhere instead of busting my chops. ;)