PDA

View Full Version : ESPN preseason football ratings 2012

papawlambert
2/11/2012, 06:03 PM
http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/7537531/usc-trojans-earn-top-spot-latest-2012-look

Fraggle145
2/11/2012, 06:32 PM
6 from the Big XII-2-2+1+1. Not too bad. I'm not looking forward to playing WV.

70sooner
2/12/2012, 03:12 PM
I've heard OU might have to go to WVU, in Sept, for an early conf game. If that is correct, that's gonna be an early test for this team, no doubt.

LVSOONER15
2/12/2012, 03:47 PM
I've heard OU might have to go to WVU, in Sept, for an early conf game. If that is correct, that's gonna be an early test for this team, no doubt.

You got that right. The WV offense looked scary in the bowl.

papawlambert
2/12/2012, 07:36 PM
We,WVU, will need a defense to participate.

8timechamps
2/12/2012, 09:24 PM
We,WVU, will need a defense to participate.

Now, now Mr. Lambert, they (WVU) is in the Big XII now....defense isn't a requirement.

papawlambert
2/12/2012, 09:34 PM
As I understand it, we are set on offense. We are hurting on defense and are still looking for a DC. I hope we don't have to depend on scoring every time we get the ball. It ain't easy to do.

kbsooner21
2/12/2012, 09:40 PM
As I understand it, we are set on offense. We are hurting on defense and are still looking for a DC. I hope we don't have to depend on scoring every time we get the ball. It ain't easy to do.

Please go to a WVU board before using this "we" **** will ya? :D

papawlambert
2/12/2012, 09:58 PM
Somebody **** in your Post Toasties?

8timechamps
2/12/2012, 09:59 PM

WVU is the team I am most concerned about this coming season. If we end up playing them in Morgantown, it's going to be a big one.

colleyvillesooner
2/12/2012, 10:20 PM
WVU is the team I am most concerned about this coming season. If we end up playing them in Morgantown, it's going to be a big one.

That's the rumor, their Big 12 opener is Oklahoma in Morgantown.

Do. Not. Want.

soonervegas
2/12/2012, 10:33 PM
If WV in fact gets the "Mizzou" schedule things are set up well for them to take the conference the first time out if OU cannot produce that road win....

papawlambert
2/12/2012, 10:38 PM
Schedule that I have seen shows the Sooners playing in Morgantown Sept. 29th. This would be their first Big 12 game and their 4th game of the season. I understand the official schedule will be revealed Monday the 13th.

kbsooner21
2/12/2012, 10:40 PM
Somebody **** in your Post Toasties?

Not at all, just someone talking "we" about WVU, just doesn't seem right on an OU board :)

papawlambert
2/12/2012, 10:48 PM
Did you read your PMs? I have been an OU fan since Bud Wilkinson started coaching OU. My Father and several members of my family and friends are OU alumni. My Grandson just received a football scholarship to play at WVU. I will continue to root for OU except the WVU game. If you will check my posts and watch them in the future, you will see I have nothing but good to say about OU.
If the guys on the forum think that I am divisive I will refrain from posting.

SoonerInFortSmith
2/12/2012, 11:13 PM
You are anything but divisive. You would be a fool not to support your grandson. He's your family and WVU is his team. Therefore I consider your use of the word "we" to be totally appropriate. I can only hope that I will someday be lucky enough to have a grandchild play D1 ball. Unless they go to Texas or OSU. Then they will be out of the will.

LVSOONER15
2/12/2012, 11:23 PM
I wil be looking forward to the WV game. It will show alot of character of OU and the big 12

picasso
2/12/2012, 11:36 PM
They want the big one? We've got the big one.

JLEW1818
2/12/2012, 11:36 PM
I hope they don't have that big fullback still...

Fraggle145
2/13/2012, 02:00 AM

Do. Not. Want.

Holy ****. That blows.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
2/13/2012, 02:21 AM
I am still not pleased with either WVU or TCU as new members of the conference. (I would nave preferred a tx team from somewhere other than the DFW metroplex, if we HAD TO HAVE a new tx team)

WVU has scoreboard on us, and i would certainly expect them to not only have substantial ability, but also A LOT of confidence against us, esp. in morgantown.

PalmBeachSooner
2/13/2012, 02:26 PM
Matt Barkley is a star?

soonervegas
2/13/2012, 03:04 PM
It's funny 7-8 years ago we would have been 100% confident we were going to Morgantown and win.......now we know any team with a pulse (on the road) is a coin flip at best.

2/13/2012, 03:11 PM
It's funny 7-8 years ago we would have been 100% confident we were going to Morgantown and win.......now we know any team with a pulse (on the road) is a coin flip at best.Well, we have our D coordinator back now. We MIGHT have a chance.

jumperstop
2/13/2012, 03:18 PM
It's funny 7-8 years ago we would have been 100% confident we were going to Morgantown and win.......now we know any team with a pulse (on the road) is a coin flip at best.

I'm not saying that's going to be an easy game, but I wouldn't want it any other way then having OU be the first to hand them their first conference loss.

texas bandman
2/14/2012, 10:31 AM
Texas was probably responsible for that one. They'll probably get WV in Austin. Damn shorthorns.

Do. Not. Want.

colleyvillesooner
2/14/2012, 11:27 AM
well, that was all for nothing:

http://www.big12sports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=10410&ATCLID=205379627

Baylor plays WVU in their big 12 opener. we got there in november, November will be tough.

Texas gets WVU the week before the RRS at home

swardboy
2/14/2012, 12:28 PM
I can't believe it! We have OSU at home.

MI Sooner
2/14/2012, 12:34 PM

We didn't lose many road games in Stoops' heyday because we didn't play many good teams on the road. Texas was often our toughest opponent, and we never played them on the road. We also played weak OOC slates (sometimes through no fault of our own).

MI Sooner
2/14/2012, 12:43 PM
We didn't lose many road games in Stoops' heyday because we didn't play many good teams on the road. Texas was often our toughest opponent, and we never played them on the road. We also played weak OOC slates (sometimes through no fault of our own).

In the previous three seasons, we've played nine true road games against teams that finished in the final AP top 25. In 2000-2004, we played two. Three per season compared to less than one every two seasons. Granted, if you win all your road games, the teams you beat will all have at least one loss, and therefore will be less likely to be ranked. The inverese is also true. But I don't think any of the teams we lost to on the road would have dropped out of the top 25 had we beaten them, possibly excepting Miami in 2009.

MI Sooner
2/14/2012, 12:47 PM
In the previous three seasons, we've played nine true road games against teams that finished in the final AP top 25. In 2000-2004, we played two. Three per season compared to less than one every two seasons. Granted, if you win all your road games, the teams you beat will all have at least one loss, and therefore will be less likely to be ranked. The inverese is also true. But I don't think any of the teams we lost to on the road would have dropped out of the top 25 had we beaten them, possibly excepting Miami in 2009.

Just to prove that great posts come in threes...

We've had >2 regular season losses three times after Stoops' first year (2005, 2009, 2011). Those were also the only three seasons in which we played more than two road games against teams that finished in the AP top 25. Again, causality runs in both directions (regular season road losses cause your opponents to be ranked, and playing ranked opponents on the road cause losses).

badger
2/14/2012, 01:06 PM
I have been an OU fan since Bud Wilkinson started coaching OU. My Father and several members of my family and friends are OU alumni. My Grandson just received a football scholarship to play at WVU. I will continue to root for OU except the WVU game. If you will check my posts and watch them in the future, you will see I have nothing but good to say about OU.
If the guys on the forum think that I am divisive I will refrain from posting.

And I was born and raised in Wisconsin, didn't see any OU football till the 2000 season national championship win over Florida State and probably wouldn't be an OU fan if I didn't get my degree from there.

My point is... chill out man. You don't need to justify your fandom here. You're already on a site called "Sooner fans." It is assumed that unless you identify yourself differently, you are one.

I can only hope that I will someday be lucky enough to have a grandchild play D1 ball. Unless they go to Texas or OSU. Then they will be out of the will.

Texas will pay 10 times whatever you disinherit him from, and OSU has a thing for getting people to leave them life insurance money, so depending on how much you love your grandchild, you might might to reconsider leaving him out if he has to "go Poke." :stunned:

Doesn't it just drive you nuts when people act like RRS is not a road game? We are in the state of Texas and we are not playing at home and that stadium is half-filled with burnt orange. It's like they think we're meeting for a tea party or something. On the ceiling. With Mary Poppins. Let's shove that spoon full of sugar down our mouths, because this game is sooooo easy :mack:

I can't believe it! We have OSU at home.

I know, right? The last time we had one of those Sammie was on Sooner Vision telling us goodbye and how much he loves us. Bawwwwww I miss Sammie :(

2/14/2012, 02:17 PM
"Doesn't it just drive you nuts when people act like RRS is not a road game? We are in the state of Texas and we are not playing at home and that stadium is half-filled with burnt orange. It's like they think we're meeting for a tea party or something. On the ceiling. With Mary Poppins. Let's shove that spoon full of sugar down our mouths, because this game is sooooo easy."-Badger

The RRS is at least 3/4 road game. The ONLY thing that keeps it from being a 100% road game is that we are allowed half the tickets for the game. The whole city of Dallas, and the Metroplex are rooting for the cows. The Media is all talking about the game, and cheering on the cows. It's IN TEXAS, FERGODSSAKES!

badger
2/14/2012, 02:21 PM
Remember when we went to Bungal stadium instead of University of Cincy's stadium and they tried to say that wasn't a TRUE road game because it wasn't on-campus?

People are just looking to stir sh!t up, I tells ya

Fraggle145
2/14/2012, 03:09 PM
Texas gets WVU the week before the RRS at home

I like this.

Sabanball
2/19/2012, 06:22 PM
Rest assured that you guys will have your hands full with WVU-- no matter where you play them. I look for them to make some noise in the Big 12 this year right out of the chute...Their AD, Oliver Luck(Andrew's father) understands the importance of mountaineer football to that state and tried very hard to get that program into the SEC--where I think they would have done very well also.

VA Sooner
2/19/2012, 07:19 PM
I hope they don't have that big fullback still...

Was that Owen Schmitt? Beast.

And a bit crazed...

8timechamps
2/19/2012, 09:18 PM

Maybe I'm the exception, but I can't remember a time in my life (regardless of the coach), when I thought going on the road against a top 25 team was a sure win. Am I confident that OU will win in Morgantown this year? Sure. Have I felt that way about every road game the Sooners have had since I was old enough to know what it meant? Yep, minus a few years in the 90s.

Like I said, maybe I'm the exception to the norm, but I don't think playing a likely top 10 team on the road is a sure win any year, never mind this one.

Salt City Sooner
2/19/2012, 10:18 PM
^

x 2.