picasso
2/11/2012, 02:09 PM
How's he doing?

picasso
2/11/2012, 02:12 PM
http://www.pgatour.com/golfers/024604/hunter-haas/scorecards/#!/r005/2012

rekamrettuB
2/11/2012, 02:12 PM
Well he's playing Pebble Beach...so pretty good.

picasso
2/11/2012, 02:15 PM
http://www.pgatour.com/leaderboards/current/r005/alt-2.html

LVSOONER15
2/11/2012, 02:57 PM
Let's go coach!!!

BigTip
2/11/2012, 03:37 PM
He's been on screen more than his pro partner Haas. Pretty good stuff.

I Am Right
2/11/2012, 06:08 PM
Made the cut, plays on Sunday!

SoonerMom2
2/11/2012, 09:06 PM
Stoops shot an 82 today according to the guy from Sooner Scoop on Twitter.

picasso
2/11/2012, 09:34 PM
Well he's playing Pebble Beach...so pretty good.
Agreed but that's only half the battle!

Also, Romano and Lopez are twits. You can be funny without being a drooling 12 year old idiot.

picasso
2/11/2012, 09:35 PM
Stoops shot an 82 today according to the guy from Sooner Scoop on Twitter.
That's a solid round.

picasso
2/11/2012, 09:36 PM
btw, Belichik and Saban are pretty salty golfers.

swardboy
2/11/2012, 10:07 PM
Hilarious segment after Stoops' round: They did an analysis of his swing while he was sitting with the commentators, and "Boomer Sooner" was playing the whole time. Pretty good swing actually. Nick Price just suggested he start his backswing like he was reaching back to shake hands with someone, instead of breaking the wrists so quickly.

Commentator asks if he hears Boomer Sooner in his head as he swings....Stoops replies he usually has a boom box playing it.

Well done coach!

oumartin
2/11/2012, 10:11 PM
Nick price?

swardboy
2/11/2012, 10:27 PM
Whoops...wrong Nick....meant Faldo. All those english golfers look alike to me.

tulsaoilerfan
2/11/2012, 10:45 PM
Whoops...wrong Nick....meant Faldo. All those english golfers look alike to me.

Pretty sure Price is from South Africa lol

8timechamps
2/11/2012, 11:48 PM
That's a solid round.

I don't know if I could sniff an 82 at Pebble....but, before I die, I'd love to get the chance.

Soonerus
2/12/2012, 12:05 AM
Pebble is easy unless they grow it to U.S. Open difficulty...

HAMTTX
2/12/2012, 05:56 AM
Going out at Spy Glass is tough. You MUST hit it accurately and fairly long. Or you are faced with a medium to longer iron (depending on how you hit your driver) into some little greens that get hard as rocks as the day grows long. If Stoopsie shot 82 on the peninsula (strict rules) he is a mighty fine golfer. Here in Augusta we get to see a number of celebrities take their shot at the National, and even with the tee boxes moved way....way up they can not sniff the mid 80's. All of the caddies carry extra balls for the "not so good" golfers that visit. Here is my little list of "Augusta's" celebrity hackers.

Steve Spurrier - Dude is very serious. Does not like to go out with casual players.
Bill Gates - Can't play for $hit. But his sense of humor makes it fun to follow him around to try and find his ball. Marks it with Three $.
Lou Holtz - Thought we would have to carry him in, but he really is pretty decent.
Mike Wilbon (Pardon the Interruption) - Takes it serious, and has some game.

101sooner
2/12/2012, 05:58 AM
I shot a 127 at Westwood in Norman recently.

Petro-Sooner
2/12/2012, 06:12 AM

I almost broke 90 there once. It was a heck of a day!

tulsaoilerfan
2/12/2012, 10:22 AM
Pebble is easy unless they grow it to U.S. Open difficulty...

Pretty sure the amateurs in this tournament don't play from the tips either lol

cccasooner2
2/12/2012, 03:31 PM
....If Stoopsie shot 82 on the peninsula (strict rules) he is a mighty fine golfer.

Pro plays strict but amateurs pick up if they can't improve on the hole. 82 is good though, way to go Bob. :)

colleyvillesooner
2/12/2012, 10:11 PM
Pretty sure the amateurs in this tournament don't play from the tips either lol

They don't. Watched today and mumtiple times you would see the pros walk forward then stop for the Amatuers to hit.

picasso
2/12/2012, 11:58 PM
http://youtu.be/Po2mgLTZiEw

BigTip
2/13/2012, 08:22 AM
He and Haas finished 4th, (out of 156 teams) four strokes off the winners.

Boomer!

sooneron
2/13/2012, 10:46 AM
They listed him out of Oklahoma Golf and Country Club. I'm guessing that was supposed to be OKC CC? The boys back at the Trails musta felt slighted...

Herr Scholz
2/13/2012, 11:06 AM
I saw Stoops make some nice approach shots. He's definitely got some game.

sooneron
2/13/2012, 11:11 AM
As much as I would love to play Pebble, yeah, I know I can for a measly $600. I would NOT want to be out there with a 14 hdcp on spectator lined fairways!

Mississippi Sooner
2/13/2012, 11:18 AM
As much as I would love to play Pebble, yeah, I know I can for a measly $600. I would NOT want to be out there with a 14 hdcp on spectator lined fairways!

No kidding. I would constantly be yelling at people to "get back! No, farther than that! Get way back!"

picasso
2/13/2012, 02:46 PM
Yeah but you could hit a 200 yard squeaker of a drive and drop your driver on the ground like Romano and botox face Lopez. Classy.

sooneron
2/13/2012, 02:55 PM
I didn't see Romano clown, but Lopez must have been hammered or something. Dude acted like a horse's ***.

oudivesherpa
2/13/2012, 03:35 PM

Front nine or back nine?

BulverdeSooner
2/13/2012, 05:12 PM
I ponied up the $672 and played it from the tips in August of 2007....played the ball down and counted everything. At the time, I played quite a bit and held a low single digit Handicap (let's call it a 2.5). That all being said, I hit the ball very well, ground out several good pars, and totally disagree with the "Pebble is easy unless in US Open condition" comment.

I shot 36 -- 43, and had four birdies (2, 3, 4, 7) on the front and one (18) on the back. For whatever reason (excluding 8 and 9), I thought the front was much easier. For the average golfer that grew up playing Heritage Hills GC (Claremore), or add/edit / insert your local flavor....it is very difficult to maintain your mental focus amid the scenery and layout of PB. I was actually -2 thru the postage stamp, which I nearly aced, and I missed the green on 8 by 6" (missed the pin by 10') which translated to a bogey...followed by a 3-putt on 9 becaus Ie I was on the wrong side of the hole with my approach.

Those greens are TINY, odd shaped, and one must both put their drives in position on the correct side of the fairway and hit the ball on the correct place on those greens. We all saw what some of the small putts did to Charlie Wi and Tigger Weeds yesterday. There is nothing like grinding over a 5' putt that slides a foot and that you could easily knock 4' past the hole at Pebble. It was pure enjoyment, and I'd pony up to play it again (will try to do so if I can get the game back in good form again), and I would recommend it -- for the history of playing an awesome GC (sure, some of the holes are relatively simple, others are nightmares).
If you play it, either take it all in, enjoy the hell out of it, and don't worry about your score, or prepare yourself by understanding the slope, undulations in the fairways, leaves on approaches, and correct ball placement on the greens -- regardless of where the pins are located. An 8' birdie putt on one side of some of those greens is way more difficult than a 20' putt from the other.

For Bobby to card 82, that is outstanding golf...regardless of the tees he played from. Thanks for sharing the interview with him and the swing analysis. Good stuff. I'd like to see what Sammy Bradford could do out there in the Pro-Am format!

SoonerMom2
2/13/2012, 05:28 PM
That is AWESOME to come in 4th out of 154 teams. Love the music in the background of the video!

setem
2/13/2012, 06:55 PM
I ponied up the $672 and played it from the tips in August of 2007....played the ball down and counted everything. At the time, I played quite a bit and held a low single digit Handicap (let's call it a 2.5). That all being said, I hit the ball very well, ground out several good pars, and totally disagree with the "Pebble is easy unless in US Open condition" comment.

I shot 36 -- 43, and had four birdies (2, 3, 4, 7) on the front and one (18) on the back. For whatever reason (excluding 8 and 9), I thought the front was much easier. For the average golfer that grew up playing Heritage Hills GC (Claremore), or add/edit / insert your local flavor....it is very difficult to maintain your mental focus amid the scenery and layout of PB. I was actually -2 thru the postage stamp, which I nearly aced, and I missed the green on 8 by 6" (missed the pin by 10') which translated to a bogey...followed by a 3-putt on 9 becaus Ie I was on the wrong side of the hole with my approach.

Those greens are TINY, odd shaped, and one must both put their drives in position on the correct side of the fairway and hit the ball on the correct place on those greens. We all saw what some of the small putts did to Charlie Wi and Tigger Weeds yesterday. There is nothing like grinding over a 5' putt that slides a foot and that you could easily knock 4' past the hole at Pebble. It was pure enjoyment, and I'd pony up to play it again (will try to do so if I can get the game back in good form again), and I would recommend it -- for the history of playing an awesome GC (sure, some of the holes are relatively simple, others are nightmares).
If you play it, either take it all in, enjoy the hell out of it, and don't worry about your score, or prepare yourself by understanding the slope, undulations in the fairways, leaves on approaches, and correct ball placement on the greens -- regardless of where the pins are located. An 8' birdie putt on one side of some of those greens is way more difficult than a 20' putt from the other.

For Bobby to card 82, that is outstanding golf...regardless of the tees he played from. Thanks for sharing the interview with him and the swing analysis. Good stuff. I'd like to see what Sammy Bradford could do out there in the Pro-Am format!

TLDR!

BigTip
2/13/2012, 08:28 PM
Bulverde Sooner, thanks for the write up.

Sooner91ATL
2/13/2012, 08:39 PM
I shot a 114 at Stone Mountain Lakemont course here in Atlanta last Friday. Pretty sure that puts me out of the running for Pebble Beach at any point unless I quit my job and live on the course. But, even shooting a 114 is pretty dang fun.

StoopTroup
2/13/2012, 08:56 PM
Good to see Bob having some fun.

picasso
2/13/2012, 09:54 PM
I didn't see Romano clown, but Lopez must have been hammered or something. Dude acted like a horse's ***.
Yeah Roman has toned it down since he caught hell from the public when he USED to act like a horse's *** there. But, anyone who hits a shot and just drops their club and walks off is a doosh in my book.

picasso
2/13/2012, 09:57 PM

Cool! I've played a ton at Heritage Hills.

boomersooner28
2/13/2012, 10:12 PM
#8 at Heritage Hills....not sure why, but I HATE that friggin hole! lol

picasso
2/13/2012, 11:51 PM
#8 at Heritage Hills....not sure why, but I HATE that friggin hole! lol
I think that hole is actually better than the 2 par 5's on the back.

BulverdeSooner
2/15/2012, 11:15 AM
Not to hijak from the Bob rocks Pebble thread, but all 4 of the par-5's at HH are very risk/reward based holes, and are all dependent on a good and well positioned teeshot. If you hit the left side of the fairway on 2, for example, and pound it, you're left with a relatively simple second shot into the green that shouldn't be more than 190 / 225, which puts a comfortable iron in your hand. As for #8, STAY LEFT/LEFT Center. Depending upon flag position, the green actually is more receptive to a ball coming in from the right/right center based on the angle...but there are a ton of trees that happen to be in your way. The three tiers in the green make it important to place your approach on the right level. # 12 is the toughest, IMO, because it is very easy to drive the ball through the FW and OB....yet it is also easy to miss it just enough and leave it in the sticks on the right. 15 is my favorite because it is pure power and ability to work the ball (right to left). I've eagled that one many more times than the others.

You could theoretically play them all with a 3W, 6-iron, wedge and eliminate the risk.

StoopTroup
2/15/2012, 11:46 AM
Sounds like good advice. Some of you can get rid of your GPS Devices now.

boomersooner28
2/15/2012, 05:31 PM
Not to hijak from the Bob rocks Pebble thread, but all 4 of the par-5's at HH are very risk/reward based holes, and are all dependent on a good and well positioned teeshot. If you hit the left side of the fairway on 2, for example, and pound it, you're left with a relatively simple second shot into the green that shouldn't be more than 190 / 225, which puts a comfortable iron in your hand. As for #8, STAY LEFT/LEFT Center. Depending upon flag position, the green actually is more receptive to a ball coming in from the right/right center based on the angle...but there are a ton of trees that happen to be in your way. The three tiers in the green make it important to place your approach on the right level. # 12 is the toughest, IMO, because it is very easy to drive the ball through the FW and OB....yet it is also easy to miss it just enough and leave it in the sticks on the right. 15 is my favorite because it is pure power and ability to work the ball (right to left). I've eagled that one many more times than the others.

You could theoretically play them all with a 3W, 6-iron, wedge and eliminate the risk.

My problem is "knowing where I need to hit it" and ACTUALLY hitting it there are farrrr from the same thing! LOL I am a 15 handicap