PDA

View Full Version : China and Canada Reach Deal On Oil and Uranium

sappstuf
2/9/2012, 03:58 PM
That is some nice work Obama...

China and Canada declared Thursday that bilateral relations have reached "a new level" following a series of multibillion-dollar trade and business agreements to ship additional Canadian petroleum, uranium and other products to the Asian superpower.

Prime Minister Stephen Harper and the Chinese leadership said Thursday their new energy and economic co-operation agreements — as well as billions of dollars of private-sector deals — signed by the two countries over the past few days are unprecedented and will only open the door to additional trade and investment.

http://www.ottawacitizen.com/business/China+Canada+reach+deals+uranium+travel/6125940/story.html

okie52
2/9/2012, 04:05 PM
Regardless of how you view Obama's role on Keystone, if the US loses crude oil due to keystones rejections it will be bad politics for Obama.

cccasooner2
2/9/2012, 04:08 PM
Good for China and Canada. I like it.

Turd_Ferguson
2/9/2012, 04:08 PM
Regardless of how you view Obama's role on Keystone, if the US loses crude oil due to keystones rejections it will be bad politics for Obama.No it won't, just wait until all of the excuses get thrown out below this post...

Edit: I'm not fast enough on my postings...

TheHumanAlphabet
2/9/2012, 08:06 PM
Good for China and Canada. I like it.

WHy? This will only make oil/fuel in the U.S. more expensive. It will once again help China corner the market on a mineral and ultimately, China when in control of all the minerals will dictate to people how to do things.

Soonerjeepman
2/9/2012, 08:24 PM
oh..wait...he's making sure the Catholic employers have their employees birth control covered by insurance...to worry about the ECONOMY...

cccasooner2
2/9/2012, 09:25 PM
WHy? This will only make oil/fuel in the U.S. more expensive. It will once again help China corner the market on a mineral and ultimately, China when in control of all the minerals will dictate to people how to do things.

Sounds like China has been Americanized!

badger
2/9/2012, 10:56 PM

Meh, Iran and Venezuela have been oil rich for years and they have yet to be seen as anything but crazy by the rest of the world

SoonerProphet
2/10/2012, 06:11 PM
"Rejecting the Keystone XL pipeline isn't in America's or Canada's interests. If Obama does so, Ottawa will cozy up to Beijing."

http://nationalinterest.org/commentary/keeping-canada-close-6472

soonercruiser
2/10/2012, 09:41 PM
oh..wait...he's making sure the Catholic employers have their employees birth control covered by insurance...to worry about the ECONOMY...

Obama would build the pipeline if it was blowing birth control pills at the Bible Belt!
:ghost: