PDA

View Full Version : Orion Music + More festival

TheUnnamedSooner
2/9/2012, 03:57 PM
So, Metallica has decided to start their own 2 day festival and will be headlining both nights. Over 22 bands from different cultures including punk and country as well as some non music interactive activities. Looks to be pretty interesting, and I'm considering making the trip to Jersey.

Metallica themselves put on a great live show and announced that one night they will play the black album in its entirety (for 20 year anniversary) and the other night they will play Ride the Lightning album (for the hell of it).

What do you guys think? Success or fail?

www.orionmusicandmore.com

GDC
2/9/2012, 08:05 PM
Fail. Metallica ceased to exist after AJFA.

Pricetag
2/9/2012, 11:22 PM
I've not been huge on their stuff after The Black Album, but I don't see how either of their shows wouldn't be fun.

delhalew
2/10/2012, 12:51 AM
Death Magnetic led me to believe they still can throw it down like back in the day, when so inclined. Even on the Black Album, they still were incredible live.

I just wish we still had Cliff. That would have saved from some real crap albums.

SoonerTerry
2/10/2012, 10:50 AM
Ride the Lightning.. would love to see them play that.

TheUnnamedSooner
2/10/2012, 11:16 AM
Ride the Lightning.. would love to see them play that.

Agreed. A couple years ago they did MOP, that would have been awesome to see as well.

TheUnnamedSooner
2/10/2012, 11:25 AM
Death Magnetic led me to believe they still can throw it down like back in the day, when so inclined. Even on the Black Album, they still were incredible live.

I just wish we still had Cliff. That would have saved from some real crap albums.

I liked DM as well. Some pretty good stuff in there. The EP they released a month or so ago, Beyond Magnetic, was pretty good too. I think they released that to counter the whole Lou Reed thing, which was complete ****.

It would be very interesting to see what kind of music would have been put out had Cliff survived. I like Rob though, he seems to bring a new energy to the band. Also, I think it was good that they got rid of Bob Rock.

delhalew
2/11/2012, 09:49 PM
I liked DM as well. Some pretty good stuff in there. The EP they released a month or so ago, Beyond Magnetic, was pretty good too. I think they released that to counter the whole Lou Reed thing, which was complete ****.

It would be very interesting to see what kind of music would have been put out had Cliff survived. I like Rob though, he seems to bring a new energy to the band. Also, I think it was good that they got rid of Bob Rock.

Truth.