PDA

View Full Version : Guess who still didn't get inducted into the Rock n Roll HOF.

oumartin
2/9/2012, 01:44 PM
That's right.

Rush.

Curly Bill
2/9/2012, 01:44 PM
That's cause they sucked! ;)

Mississippi Sooner
2/9/2012, 01:52 PM
Damn Canadian discrimination is what it is!

But seriously, I've decided I give the R&R HOF about as much credibility as the Grammy Awards, and for the same reason. Just look at the crap they've chosen and who they've left out.

C&CDean
2/9/2012, 02:02 PM
What makes Rush different from all the other bands (both admitted and not) is that they continue to evolve and are not "has beens" - and may never be. You don't go to a Rush show and go "wow, I remember when Neil could really drum" or "ain't it sad how Geddy has lost it?" They still tear it up, and it seems like you've gotta be washed up to be admitted to the POS HOF.

Boomer.....
2/9/2012, 02:43 PM
Slappin' da baas!

setem
2/9/2012, 02:46 PM
The real question is...WHY THE **** HAS NICKELBACK NOT BEEN INDUCTED!

WITH ARMS WIDE OPEN! YEAAAH!

Sooner24
2/9/2012, 03:02 PM
What about The Moody Blues?!?

oumartin
2/9/2012, 03:26 PM
Nickelback didn't sing with arms wide open.

But yes, why isn't Creed in there as well.

I like Rush, Nickelback and even some Creed

rekamrettuB
2/9/2012, 03:35 PM
BOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

TheUnnamedSooner
2/9/2012, 03:49 PM
What makes Rush different from all the other bands (both admitted and not) is that they continue to evolve and are not "has beens" -

It's difficult to become a "has been" when you "never were".

SoonerTerry
2/9/2012, 03:51 PM
That's cause they sucked! ;)

You should be punchin yerself in your unmusical eye....:playful:

SoonerTerry
2/9/2012, 03:53 PM

your dead to me

C&CDean
2/9/2012, 04:49 PM

So you're still pissed about Milli Vanilli, aren't you?

TheUnnamedSooner
2/9/2012, 04:56 PM
So you're still pissed about Milli Vanilli, aren't you?

You know, Rush's music isn't bad.... until Geddy opens his mouth.

proud gonzo
2/9/2012, 05:00 PM
over-rated, clap clap clap-clap-clap

C&CDean
2/9/2012, 05:00 PM
You know, Rush's music isn't bad.... until Geddy opens his mouth.

Like scotch, it's an acquired taste. To be honest, my favorite Rush album doesn't even have Peart playing drums. It's their first one titled "RUSH." Not a bad cut on the album. Nobody listens to it (other than Working Man) but it's their best work IMO.

SanJoaquinSooner
2/9/2012, 05:02 PM
I was disappointed Donna Summer didn't make it this year.

pphilfran
2/9/2012, 05:05 PM
Finding My Way

C&CDean
2/9/2012, 05:34 PM
Finding My Way

Need Some Love

OUstud
2/9/2012, 05:36 PM
What makes Rush different from all the other bands (both admitted and not) is that they continue to evolve and are not "has beens" - and may never be. You don't go to a Rush show and go "wow, I remember when Neil could really drum" or "ain't it sad how Geddy has lost it?" They still tear it up, and it seems like you've gotta be washed up to be admitted to the POS HOF.

I think the Chili Peppers still have it. "I'm With You", which came out in August, is a very good album.

StoopTroup
2/9/2012, 07:10 PM
Now that Linda is dead, I hardly listen to my Wings Albums. :D

GDC
2/9/2012, 08:03 PM
Like scotch, it's an acquired taste. To be honest, my favorite Rush album doesn't even have Peart playing drums. It's their first one titled "RUSH." Not a bad cut on the album. Nobody listens to it (other than Working Man) but it's their best work IMO.

I like the entire album also.

swardboy
2/9/2012, 08:15 PM
Grand Funk Railroad. Heartbreaker....

S.PadreIsl.Sooner
2/9/2012, 09:22 PM
Chicago isn't even in the HOF!

Talk about a band that innovated and had monstrous commercial success!

sooneron
2/9/2012, 11:18 PM
Chicago isn't even in the HOF!

Talk about a band that innovated and had monstrous commercial success!

and then totally turned to ****...

delhalew
2/9/2012, 11:24 PM
Now that Linda is dead, I hardly listen to my Wings Albums. :D

I listen to them enough for both of us.

jk the sooner fan
2/9/2012, 11:33 PM
i dont get the Rush hate -....if you truly like r&r - it's one thing to say you don't like their music - but to say they suck, etc etc

makes no sense

they're a fun concert

bigfatjerk
2/10/2012, 08:36 AM
I think they are biased against libertarians, especially Ayn Rand types like Neil Peart.

bigfatjerk
2/10/2012, 08:41 AM
I don't think Rush had a bad album. Even the one with covers they did about 5 years back wasn't bad. My favorite is 2112, Fly By Night, or Farewell to Kings.

XingTheRubicon
2/10/2012, 10:29 AM
I was told back in the 80's that Rush enthusiasts, for whatever reason, cannot write in cursive.

SoonerTerry
2/10/2012, 10:47 AM
I don't think Rush had a bad album. Even the one with covers they did about 5 years back wasn't bad. My favorite is 2112, Fly By Night, or Farewell to Kings.

temple of syrinx

C&CDean
2/10/2012, 11:06 AM
Heh. From way back in the day:

Pwn8RV9aaSo

starclassic tama
2/10/2012, 04:36 PM
Nickelback didn't sing with arms wide open.

But yes, why isn't Creed in there as well.

I like Rush, Nickelback and even some Creedhahaha please tell me this is a joke

GDC
2/12/2012, 08:25 PM
http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-31749_162-57339234-10391698/rock-and-roll-hall-of-fame-inductees-wheres-rush-kiss/

Even the CEO of the RARHOF thinks Rush should be in.

sooneron
2/13/2012, 10:20 AM
I'm not the biggest Rush fan, but I do realize their musicianship and ability. And it is zehr gut. I like quite a few of their songs, but have never ponied up for an album for whatever reason. Saying that, they SHOULD DEFINITELY be in the HOF. Of course the HOF succs and we all know that by now...

Phil
2/13/2012, 01:18 PM
Some of you may be getting some unexpected punishment.

SoonerAtKU
2/13/2012, 01:27 PM
What the **** is a Laura Nyro?

I have a deep and abounding dislike of Rush. I can't listen to it and I certainly can't discuss it with fans. With that being said, they certainly belong in the Hall of Fame. The story of rock music isn't complete without mentioning them. That's my central requirement for any hall of fame inductee. KISS is another one that is confusing and criminal to have left out.

Looking back at the years of inductees, it appears that 2000 is when the selection group began to **** the bed in earnest. Bonnie Raitt? Lovin' Spoonful?

stoopified
2/13/2012, 04:50 PM
Rush gets in right after the Archies. :)

StoopTroup
2/13/2012, 05:38 PM
Bonnie Raitt was pretty popular to a lot of Women. She certainly isn't on the Level of Super Groups but as a Rock Artist and really a Single Name Act....she did enough to make it in IMHO.

Just because you might not have ever heard someone ever play or bought one of their albums just doesn't make the RNRHOF a joke. I think putting it in Cleveland was a huge mistake though.

Memphis, LA, NY or even Chicago would have been better.

Anyway. Rush will get in eventually. Maybe one or two of them have to die or pass on before the band stops doing Albums but they will get in someday.

sooneron
2/14/2012, 12:01 PM
IMO, The Cars should be in by now.

SoonerAtKU
2/14/2012, 02:45 PM
...she did enough to make it in IMHO.

Moreso than KISS? They were the biggest rock band in the world at one point. They were a movement and transcended rock music into other media, into fashion, into merchandizing. The story of rock music is incomplete without mentioning KISS. You could skip over Bonnie Raitt and not have anyone bat an eyelash.

StoopTroup
2/14/2012, 04:18 PM
Moreso than KISS? They were the biggest rock band in the world at one point. They were a movement and transcended rock music into other media, into fashion, into merchandizing. The story of rock music is incomplete without mentioning KISS. You could skip over Bonnie Raitt and not have anyone bat an eyelash.

I think you miss the whole point of HOF.

I don't think I ever said that Kiss shouldn't be in the HOF but I do think that if the HOF just started putting in 100 Bands, Acts or individual Artists a year that it would cheapen the significance of being inducted into the HOF. If folks think that putting in Bonnie Raitt cheapens the significance then I think that's really just politics and Fandom trying to promote a certain Band or Act into the HOF. I think it's probably good if Satans Army started asking the folks in the Music Industry why Rush or Kiss hasn't been inducted. Maybe you should start a Fan Blog and become a Spokesperson for Gene and his fellow band members. Maybe he'll ask you to come to the induction.

Wishboned
2/14/2012, 09:23 PM
What do you expect when this is the audience the HoF is pandering to...

http://www.buzzfeed.com/mjs538/who-is-paul-mccartney

SoonerLaw09
2/15/2012, 01:17 PM
As a forever Rush fan, I'll agree that them being blown off for so long is a crime. They put Genesis in, why not Rush? BTW love that old clip Dean put up...watch "Beyond the Lighted Stage" to learn what Rush has meant to so many musicians. I used to play bass, haven't picked it up in years, but when my son is old enough I'll give it to him. It's a black and white Fender Jazz just like Geddy plays. Also on "Beyond" there are a lot of great old clips, a few from that show where they were playing a high school auditorium...it's kick *** fun.

I went to their show in Wichita on the Time Machine tour and saw them play Moving Pictures from start to finish. It was just flat out awesome.

SoonerLaw09
2/15/2012, 01:18 PM
Oh, and I agree with ron, The Cars ought to be in as well. Defining members of the new wave movement.

SoonerAtKU
2/15/2012, 05:22 PM
I think you miss the whole point of HOF.

And just what IS the point of the Hall of Fame, then?

I think you're also missing my point. I don't like KISS or Rush in the slightest. I find them both to be annoying and borderline unlistenable. This isn't about personal preference for me at all, in this case. I'm trying to take an objective look at what they're trying to accomplish with their inductees. I can't get a grip on where the priorities lie or what they want the HOF to be. If you know, please enlighten me.

SoonerLaw09
2/15/2012, 05:28 PM
And just what IS the point of the Hall of Fame, then?

I think you're also missing my point. I don't like KISS or Rush in the slightest. I find them both to be annoying and borderline unlistenable. This isn't about personal preference for me at all, in this case. I'm trying to take an objective look at what they're trying to accomplish with their inductees. I can't get a grip on where the priorities lie or what they want the HOF to be. If you know, please enlighten me.

Because you have no taste, your opinion is invalid. And I'm going to ask that you stop posting in this thread. :D

SoonerAtKU
2/16/2012, 09:29 AM
Just because I can't listen to a dude with a ponytail music-wank about free will over a drum machine playing an arrhythmic EKG beat...

;)

GDC
2/16/2012, 09:43 PM
Just because I can't listen to a dude with a ponytail music-wank about free will over a drum machine playing an arrhythmic EKG beat...

;)

This post and poster are wrong on so many levels it pains me to even grace it with a reply. You, sir, are a wanker.