PDA

View Full Version : Per Cale Gundy: Jaz Reynolds cleared to play...

OU_Sooners75
2/8/2012, 10:48 PM
football again!

Per Cale Gundy, Jaz Reynolds (@Jaz_R16) was cleared to play and will be good to go this season. #fb #BOOMER

8timechamps
2/8/2012, 11:09 PM
Stoops said in his recruiting press conference that Jaz would be back for the fall. He didn't think he was going to be back for summer workouts. So, if he's cleared for summer workouts and spring ball, that's even better.

LVSOONER15
2/8/2012, 11:11 PM
Great news for Jaz. Hopefully this will be a big breakout season for him.

8timechamps
2/8/2012, 11:13 PM
Great news for Jaz. Hopefully this will be a big breakout season for him.

He stepped his game up toward the end of the year (not that he could have done it any sooner), and I think he's going to have a big year. I think ESPN predicted Jaz as the #1 player set to have a breakout season. We're going to be crazy loaded at WR next season.

47straight
2/8/2012, 11:24 PM
Great news.

pappy
2/9/2012, 01:11 AM
Fantastic. He has great hands.

OUstud
2/9/2012, 02:06 AM
Yes!

BoomerJ
2/9/2012, 11:00 AM
You take the four scholarship WR's that have experience, the five big fish that Norvell reeled in, the new TE's coming in, our returning RB's plus the new ones (Can't wait to see Williams), and an improved line -One would think that we'll have less three and out's and perhaps give LJ more help in the redzone. One could hope anyway.

LVSOONER15
2/9/2012, 11:05 AM
We really do need an effective run game. 2nd or 3rd and long cinversions are not cutting it. But I do see more offensive output this season.

oudavid1
2/9/2012, 11:12 AM
Jaz was pretty decent his freshman year, sat out a year, pretty decent last year. Tons of potentially, hopefully he is good to go at least by summer. If not, dont see how he is ready to crack the lineup.

rekamrettuB
2/9/2012, 11:34 AM
Fantastic. He has great hand.

FIFY

Great news for Jaz. That would bve tough to be told you couldn't do something you loved.

LostCreekSooner
2/9/2012, 02:06 PM
Stoops said in his recruiting press conference that Jaz would be back for the fall. He didn't think he was going to be back for summer workouts. So, if he's cleared for summer workouts and spring ball, that's even better.

But...but... but??? Now I am very confused. I thought Stoops always lies and under-reports injuries???

8timechamps
2/9/2012, 02:17 PM
But...but... but??? Now I am very confused. I thought Stoops always lies and under-reports injuries???

You just read too many posts here. :)

Boomer.....
2/9/2012, 02:42 PM
Awesome news for Jaz! That was a scary deal that he went through.

picasso
2/9/2012, 02:46 PM
You take the four scholarship WR's that have experience, the five big fish that Norvell reeled in, the new TE's coming in, our returning RB's plus the new ones (Can't wait to see Williams), and an improved line -One would think that we'll have less three and out's and perhaps give LJ more help in the redzone. One could hope anyway.
I think we're going to score some points.

The Maestro
2/9/2012, 03:57 PM
http://images.cheezburger.com/completestore/2009/6/11/128892135171133468.jpg

redkid
2/9/2012, 04:35 PM
The WR corp this yr is awesome,,whats everyones take on Sterling S to take over for Broyles?,,about the same ht-wt and a great athelete. I know its hard to predict the future,,but he appears to be the real deal.

starclassic tama
2/9/2012, 04:53 PM
The WR corp this yr is awesome,,whats everyones take on Sterling S to take over for Broyles?,,about the same ht-wt and a great athelete. I know its hard to predict the future,,but he appears to be the real deal.receivers have potential but have a TON to prove. i wouldn't say they are awesome yet by any means. shepard looks to be the real deal, but don't rush. remember broyles didn't have a huge impact until his redshirt freshman year, and even then only caught about 45 passes or so.

birddog
2/9/2012, 08:40 PM
so, our projected starting wr's and running backs would be?

8timechamps
2/9/2012, 08:43 PM

RB: Whaley

WR: Stills
WR: Reynolds
SL: ????

Mazeppa
2/9/2012, 09:23 PM

Does it really matter?

StoopTroup
2/9/2012, 11:21 PM
If not, dont see how he is ready to crack the lineup.

Very inciteful. LOL

BoulderSooner79
2/10/2012, 12:17 AM

We're going full on Belldozer, so whoever can block the best.

MichiganSooner
2/10/2012, 10:09 AM

You sound like all these guys will be on the field for every play. Who blocks? Who throws to them? No room for a quarterback with all the receivers on the field.

MichiganSooner
2/10/2012, 10:31 AM
He stepped his game up toward the end of the year (not that he could have done it any sooner), and I think he's going to have a big year. I think ESPN predicted Jaz as the #1 player set to have a breakout season. We're going to be crazy loaded at WR next season.

He was great early in the season when Ryan was also on the field. Did any receiver really step it up later in the season? I think drops were a major problem later in the season. I agree that Jaz should have a fine season with some of the receiver additions to the team.

stoopified
2/10/2012, 11:35 AM
Fantastic. He has great hand.FIFY :D

SoonerTerry
2/10/2012, 11:43 AM
Jaz is a great kid with incredible skills, I really glad to see this for him.

BoomerJ
2/10/2012, 11:56 AM
You sound like all these guys will be on the field for every play. Who blocks? Who throws to them? No room for a quarterback with all the receivers on the field.

The point was about depth, talent, and compitition, plus giving Jones more weapons. Jones wasn't the most accurate passer at times last year, but it wasn't all his fault. If our experienced receivers get a stretch of the dropsies like they did at times last year, Norvell won't be afraid to put in some of the incoming talent. Stoops told Gardner that they plan to air the deep ball more next year, for what it's worth. I know they have to learn the offense and be able to block, but as has already been said, we are stacked at WR.

We get what looks like another Brody in the TE Green and a couple that can catch the ball. Competition at the RB spot should be very interesting this year. Whaley impressed last year before he got hurt. I hope he can come back like before, but there's no starter yet. Williams may prove to be the man.

Read my last sentence, "One could hope anyway".

cvsooner
2/10/2012, 01:04 PM
What's not been mentioned a whole lot is the fact that we successfully recruited some studly WRs and TEs precisely BECAUSE our record-setting passing senior QB will be here, quirks and all.

Curly Bill
2/10/2012, 01:22 PM
What's not been mentioned a whole lot is the fact that we successfully recruited some studly WRs and TEs precisely BECAUSE our record-setting passing senior QB will be here, quirks and all.

I'm not saying this isn't so, but is there actual proof of it?

BoulderSooner79
2/10/2012, 01:33 PM

I'm not saying this isn't so, but is there actual proof of it?

There was a quote from Gardner to that effect, but players say a lot of stuff. But Gardner is a JUCO transfer, so he has to be assuming he'll play right away. Since true FR rarely play a lot, I'd give the credit to Norvell for most these guys.

Curly Bill
2/10/2012, 01:35 PM
If some of those guys chose to come here because LJ is still here, or it was a factor in their decision, that's cool with me. I just hadn't seen that, and I like to think it's more about they knew OU would be set at QB regardless of who the actual dude is.

OU_Sooners75
2/10/2012, 04:18 PM

Depends on if Whaley is back to 100%.

That said, lets assume he is.

WR: Stills
WR: Reynolds/Gardner
WR: Neal/Metoyer
RB: Whaley/Williams/Finch/Clay

I think Shepard Redshirts.

OU_Sooners75
2/10/2012, 04:19 PM
If some of those guys chose to come here because LJ is still here, or it was a factor in their decision, that's cool with me. I just hadn't seen that, and I like to think it's more about they knew OU would be set at QB regardless of who the actual dude is.

Gardner has mentioned one reason he came to OU and not Arkansas was because Jones was the better QB over Wilson (Arkie QB).

cvsooner
2/10/2012, 05:08 PM
Landry had dinner with Gardner during his weekend visit. I can't help but think he played a role with other recruits as well.

http://s.coop/7z0g