PDA

View Full Version : Adron Tennell

jk the sooner fan
2/6/2012, 10:34 PM
just saw on the local news here that he was arrested for sexual contact with a student - he was a substitute teacher in the Irving School system

not sure what the extent of his alleged charges are - but things haven't changed for him - he couldnt catch a pass when he was on the team and now he can't catch a break

jk the sooner fan
2/6/2012, 10:34 PM
http://www.myfoxdfw.com/dpp/news/education/Irving-Substitute-Teacher-Adron-Tennell-Charged-with-Improper-Relationship-020612

8timechamps
2/6/2012, 10:35 PM
Saw this today. Makes me sad.

Soonerjeepman
2/7/2012, 10:25 AM
read some of the comments...

he was WRONG no doubt...but I've seen some HS girls and they DO NOT act like the old HS girls...a coach buddy was approached many times by girls....when he told them "ya know I'm dating ____(another teacher)..." they said, cool...bring her along...WTH?

PLEASE understand he was wrong in every sense of the word...just some of these kids think sex is like drinking water...

oumartin
2/7/2012, 10:44 AM
What's she look like? ;)

Curly Bill
2/7/2012, 10:48 AM
The teacher-student dealio is an automatic felony in the state of Texas. It's no longer just the loss of a job, or losing your teaching certificate, though if he was a sub he wouldn't necessarily have been certified to begin with.

Soonerjeepman
2/7/2012, 10:51 AM
he'll also be labeled a child sex offender....has to reg everywhere he lives and put it on all applications for ANY job...if he is convicted...

LVSOONER15
2/7/2012, 12:45 PM
That is pretty dumb move to try to hook up with a highschooler.

jk the sooner fan
2/7/2012, 12:45 PM
What's she look like? ;)

like an underage minor

jk the sooner fan
2/7/2012, 12:46 PM
That is pretty dumb move to try to hook up with a highschooler.

agreed - he's 24 and i'm betting has the emotional maturity of a gnat..a stupid life changing move on his part - he'll carry this around for a very long time

BeaSooner
2/7/2012, 12:55 PM
Geez - regardless of whether she was a little tramp....don't the schools train new employees on consequences associated with this?

badger
2/7/2012, 01:13 PM
Geez - regardless of whether she was a little tramp....don't the schools train new employees on consequences associated with this?

Full disclosure: I'm a girl.

If they're so hell bent on teaching us sex ed in school to exact political specifications, they should educate students on sexual abuse, including what qualifies as sexual abuse as per state and federal laws.

Scare the kids a little with things like sex offender registry, losing your job, or causing those you care about (like teachers or overage kids if that is the state law) to be jailed, labeled as "sex offenders" and losing their jobs.

Such measures might be more effective at deterring sex than "abstinence only" education. Kids can understand "JAIL" and "JOB LOSS" a lot better than STDs, pregnancy and AIDS.

Curly Bill
2/7/2012, 01:20 PM

I assure you every public school employee is made aware of what can happen to them if they cross that line. Still, it happens with considerable frequency.

jk the sooner fan
2/7/2012, 01:29 PM
i have a friend that did some substitute teaching - i dont think the selection process or training is near as stringent/thorough as you'd think

if you have a degree and a pulse, you can substitute...and i think the training is on par with "go stand in the room and make sure they dont kill each other"

Curly Bill
2/7/2012, 01:32 PM
i have a friend that did some substitute teaching - i dont think the selection process or training is near as stringent/thorough as you'd think

if you have a degree and a pulse, you can substitute...and i think the training is on par with "go stand in the room and make sure they dont kill each other"

Oh yeah, to be a substitute doesn't take much other than to be willing, and you do have to pass a background check.

EatLeadCommie
2/7/2012, 02:01 PM
Being a sub doesn't require squat. I know a girl who might seem normal otherwise, but can't read or write beyond an elementary school level because of a learning disability. She's a substitute teacher.

starclassic tama
2/7/2012, 02:03 PM
you don't need a degree, or training or anything. show up to a workshop for a few hours, get "certified" and have at it

badger
2/7/2012, 02:09 PM
Substitute teacher days were quite fun for us kids back in K-12. Usually involved watching a video, slideshow, filmstrip or microfiche (ok, not really microfiche).

In college, however, sub days were uber lame. The GA would be all like "Oh boy, I get to teach and I've got a big ol' lesson plan for you guys that will take up 5 minutes past the designated end time with absolutely no power points so you have to pay attention to ME!"

Or, that one sub for Spanish that said we could leave whenever we felt prepared enough for the upcoming test. Her first lesson in the review?

"On-ce," she said. "It's spelling like the word 'once,' but it is pronounced 'on-ce' and means eleven."

Immediately after she utters this, a majority of room leaves.

We had known "on-ce" since the first week of class and it was now the second month of the semester.

Soonerjeepman
2/7/2012, 02:25 PM
being a teacher...

#1 teacher/student relationships DON'T occur "considerable frequency" at least doesn't make the news or the RUMORVILLE...which believe me is strong...does it sure...just like every profession there are things bad..but since it deals with kids it gets the attention...NOT condoning just saying..

#2 subs..yes for the most part of just stand in's...I'd rather have someone who KNOWS what is going on so the day is not a waste but unfortunately that isn't always the case. In my district, they must have at least 60 hours..and even now they are pushing for degrees...

Widescreen
2/7/2012, 03:10 PM
People generally know that robbing a bank will land you in prison. But if they feel like they won't get caught and they're a scumbag, they'll try it anyway.

papawlambert
2/7/2012, 04:48 PM
Well I had a couple female teachers that I wish would have abused me.

ouduckhunter
2/7/2012, 06:37 PM
Makes me sad. I hope that this didn't really happen for both his and the girl involved's sake.

Ruf/Nek7
2/7/2012, 07:24 PM
I knew this kid very well. I grew up playing football with him and remained close to him while attending OU. This comes to a complete shock to me, his family, and the community who knows Adron. This is terribly sad news. What pisses me off the most is the fact that idiot shorthorns are making snide remarks about OU. As if OU is what provoked him to do something so absurd. Idiots

Seamus
2/7/2012, 07:27 PM
Seamus would have given either nutty to have a chance with my 9th-grade algebra teacher.

For the life of me, I cannot recall her name, but i do remember two of her favorite songs from the time: "Cars" by Gary Numan and "Love Stinks" by J. Geils Band.

Damn, she was something ...

papawlambert
2/7/2012, 07:34 PM
I really believe some of these kids set up their teachers if something isn't going their way. I hope things go well with him if he is innocent.

jumperstop
2/7/2012, 08:31 PM
When does a sub have time for one-on-one time with a student? Would this be before or after they pop in the movie?

TXBOOMER
2/7/2012, 09:43 PM
Anyone that is working as a teacher at a school that hooks up with a student deserves to have their nuts cut off. Not saying Adron did, he deserves due process, but if he did I throw him in that category.

usmc-sooner
2/7/2012, 09:58 PM
I find it absolutely disgusting how people suggest a 16yo sets up a 24 yo by having sex with him.

LVSOONER15
2/7/2012, 11:26 PM
Come on pooh, what you thinking

prrriiide
2/7/2012, 11:43 PM
I find it absolutely disgusting how people suggest a 16yo sets up a 24 yo by having sex with him.

You obviously don't know some of the 16 year olds of today. You remember the drunken sex orgies in the frat houses when you were in college? That's high school in a lot of cases today. There are girls that it's a bragging point as to which members of the football team tag-teamed them after the game. Believe me, most of these kids know exactly what they are doing sexually. They do have internet access, you know. Monkey see, monkey do. If AT was stupid enough to get busy with a minor, well, that's too bad for him. But I have no doubt that the attraction and activity was a two-way street.

Jason White's Third Knee
2/7/2012, 11:57 PM

Full disclosure: I'm a girl.

If they're so hell bent on teaching us sex ed in school to exact political specifications, they should educate students on sexual abuse, including what qualifies as sexual abuse as per state and federal laws.

Scare the kids a little with things like sex offender registry, losing your job, or causing those you care about (like teachers or overage kids if that is the state law) to be jailed, labeled as "sex offenders" and losing their jobs.

Such measures might be more effective at deterring sex than "abstinence only" education. Kids can understand "JAIL" and "JOB LOSS" a lot better than STDs, pregnancy and AIDS.

Badger is a girl?

Huh.

NYC Poke
2/8/2012, 12:37 AM
I suppose a certain Wooderson quote would be unwelcome at this point . . .

XingTheRubicon
2/8/2012, 09:46 AM
Hows the new crop of freshmen looking this year?

XingTheRubicon
2/8/2012, 09:47 AM
Yes they do

badger
2/8/2012, 10:12 AM

I know it's an old fart thing to think that kids are much worse than they were when we were young, but pregnancy pacts and the things in that movie "Mean Girls" is kind of crazy to me, even though I was in high school but 10 years ago.

My guess is kids just have too much time and money on their hands compared with what they used to be expected to do back in farm chore days, or child labor in the factory days, or beg on the streets for food and money (or steal both) for the family days. No wonder the teachers bogged us down with pointless busy work. They were trying to keep us from being b!tchy manipulative pregnancy pacting teens plotting revenge against older men via rape allegations after sex that is never considered consensual...

...wha????????

jk the sooner fan
2/8/2012, 10:26 AM
i really dont think it's a "now vs. way back when thing"

people have been screwing since the dawn of time - and teachers have been screwing students since the invention of school

the difference now is that we have a 24 hour news cycle and absolutely everything is up for public consumption on the internet

to me -it's a morals/values thing, but i shant go there as it's fruitless

OUVarsityXV
2/8/2012, 10:41 AM
Had a class with him. Seemed like the nicest guy, but as with 98% your dick will get you into trouble every time! Before you make a bad decision go and crank one out. I promise you won't want to have sex after and if you do your limp.

LVSOONER15
2/8/2012, 10:45 AM
Had a class with him. Seemed like the nicest guy, but as with 98% your dick will get you into trouble every time! Before you make a bad decision go and crank one out. I promise you won't want to have sex after and if you do your limp.

Wow, but it is true. Gotta stay tame. lol

Widescreen
2/8/2012, 11:25 AM

people have been screwing since the dawn of time - and teachers have been screwing students since the invention of school

Yep. Sting even sang about it in the early 80's.

okiediva
2/8/2012, 02:10 PM
Pooh was nothing but a good kid while at OU. I had the chance to get to know him and he was always great to my son. He and his gf now fiancé at the time were always very kind. I am in total shock that he has been arrested at all and for this is incomprehensible to us. He is a really good father and just an overall good guy. I truly hope these charges are not true

jk the sooner fan
2/8/2012, 02:14 PM
there are TONS of nice people that do stupidly criminal things

happens every day

being a good kid or a nice guy - never precludes one from what we're all capable of.......we really need to get over being surprised at things like this

okiediva
2/8/2012, 02:34 PM
I didn't say he didn't do it because he was a nice guy. Since he hasn't been found guilty I will presume he's innocent. I do hope the charges are not true. Who wouldn't?

picasso
2/8/2012, 02:39 PM
I knew this kid very well. I grew up playing football with him and remained close to him while attending OU. This comes to a complete shock to me, his family, and the community who knows Adron. This is terribly sad news. What pisses me off the most is the fact that idiot shorthorns are making snide remarks about OU. As if OU is what provoked him to do something so absurd. Idiots
Pretty shallow is that's their logic.

jk the sooner fan
2/8/2012, 02:43 PM
I didn't say he didn't do it because he was a nice guy. Since he hasn't been found guilty I will presume he's innocent. I do hope the charges are not true. Who wouldn't?

sorry - my comments were in general - not specifically directed at you - several others have said similar things - and yes, of course you'd hope the charges are not true

8timechamps
2/8/2012, 02:48 PM

the difference now is that we have a 24 hour news cycle and absolutely everything is up for public consumption on the internet

to me -it's a morals/values thing, but i shant go there as it's fruitless

I agree.

How many cultures in the world not only allow, but push kids into marriage with older men? The big difference is our society and morals/values. Do I think it's sad and disgusting? Sure I do, but it's no different now than when I was in school.

usmc-sooner
2/8/2012, 06:38 PM
You obviously don't know some of the 16 year olds of today. You remember the drunken sex orgies in the frat houses when you were in college? That's high school in a lot of cases today. There are girls that it's a bragging point as to which members of the football team tag-teamed them after the game. Believe me, most of these kids know exactly what they are doing sexually. They do have internet access, you know. Monkey see, monkey do. If AT was stupid enough to get busy with a minor, well, that's too bad for him. But I have no doubt that the attraction and activity was a two-way street.

This is why the 16 year old doesn't set up a 24 year old. You expect a 16 year old to make a kid like decision to have sex, that's why they have an adult supervising them. Hoping that the 24 year old will say no I can't have sex with a kid in my class.

Now if you're saying that she came on to him, he said no, and she lied and said they did, well I could understand a set up like that.

budbarrybob
2/8/2012, 07:18 PM

I worked at a youth shelter 18 yrs ago and found that there were girls Then that would have sex with anyone on a bet, a dare or to F' up their lives (pun intended) What made it scary was that even with their "track record" all they had to do was claim rape and watch and laugh while "due process" for a man takes place. Not saying this is what happened with AT but I hope he's innocent and can prove such.

usmc-sooner
2/8/2012, 07:47 PM
I worked at a youth shelter 18 yrs ago and found that there were girls Then that would have sex with anyone on a bet, a dare or to F' up their lives (pun intended) What made it scary was that even with their "track record" all they had to do was claim rape and watch and laugh while "due process" for a man takes place. Not saying this is what happened with AT but I hope he's innocent and can prove such.

I get that about kids they will do stupid things. But if the adult refuses to have sex with them they can't charge him with anything. That's all I'm saying. Have enough self control to say no. Their are plenty of hot 24 year olds out there that you could be boning or anyone 18 and over.

Seamus
2/8/2012, 10:25 PM
Not saying anything against anyone involved in this case, but before you dismiss any possibility of student guilt/complicity, check out the movie "Thirteen."

Disturbing.

8timechamps
2/8/2012, 11:07 PM
I have a neighbor that is a county judge (I guess that's what it's called, he's a judge for the county I live in). A few years ago he told me that he wouldn't allow his daughter to have friends over to spend the night if his wife wasn't going to be there with them the entire time. He said he's seen too many cases and it had made him paranoid (the paranoid part was my addition, I think he said something like "cautious").

Just my two cents.

okienole3
1/3/2013, 12:29 PM
Anyone know what came of this?

cvsooner
1/3/2013, 12:48 PM
According to a tweet from Brennan Clay, Tennell came by practice yesterday, for whatever that's worth.

goingoneight
1/3/2013, 12:53 PM
There's a charges dropped like a perfect pass joke in here somewhere.

Curly Bill
1/3/2013, 01:45 PM
For such a gifted athlete he was pretty terrible as a receiver.

sooneron
1/3/2013, 02:02 PM

Isn't that where being moved to DB comes in?

Curly Bill
1/3/2013, 03:35 PM

In his case that would have prolly been very wise. To get him though, because he was a Rivals top-100 dude, we may have had to promise we wouldn't move him??? Whatever, it obviously didn't work out.

VA Sooner
1/3/2013, 04:13 PM
I wondered what had happened to Adron... things haven't worked out for him (sigh...)

olevetonahill
1/3/2013, 04:24 PM
https://twitter.com/AdronTennell

olevetonahill
1/3/2013, 04:27 PM
Pretty sure it was dropped. Wonder why we hear all about the Big splash when Charges are filed , Yet never hear about the Dropped part?

Tennell rejoins team

Following an arrest last month for alleged sexual misconduct, Adron Tennell’s league suspension has been lifted and the veteran wide receiver has joined the team.

The 24-year-old Tennell, a substitute teacher at Irving (Texas) High School, is alleged to have had inappropriate contact with a 16-year-old student at an off-campus location on Jan. 23, Irving Independent School District director of school safety and operations Pat Lamb told an Irving newspaper.

After an investigation by the Irving Police Department, Tennell was arrested Feb. 4, but AFL commissioner Jerry Kurz recently spoke with Tennell’s legal representative and was satisfied enough with what he heard to lift the suspension. The charges have not yet been dropped.

“He’s here, he’s ready to go and we’re happy to have him back,” Olson said.

“It’s an ongoing legal matter,” Shock general manager Ryan Rigmaiden said. “We haven’t heard anything more than that.”

Tennell played in six games for the Shock last season and was a big boost for Spokane’s offense. He caught 42 passes for 469 yards and 13 touchdowns.
Shock moves

StoopTroup
1/3/2013, 04:33 PM
AT: When you acknowledge your critics, you give them your power and validate their words. They are not important until you respond.

cvsooner
1/3/2013, 05:44 PM
This was sad from his Twitter: "Watching the guys practice today made me miss playing at Oklahoma." Hard to hate on a guy like that.

StoopTroup
1/3/2013, 06:46 PM
No dOUbt!

Tear Down This Wall
1/4/2013, 01:55 AM
There have been two continuances. Court date is now next Wednesday, January 9, 9:00 a.m.

The girl's dad found text messages between Tennell and his daughter re: sexual intercourse, time and place, and everything, and turned them over to the police.

He was 24 at the time, she was 16. If you were the dad and found the messages on your daughter's phone, would you have pressed charges? I'd say, yes.

olevetonahill
1/4/2013, 02:04 AM
There have been two continuances. Court date is now next Wednesday, January 9, 9:00 a.m.

The girl's dad found text messages between Tennell and his daughter re: sexual intercourse, time and place, and everything, and turned them over to the police.

He was 24 at the time, she was 16. If you were the dad and found the messages on your daughter's phone, would you have pressed charges? I'd say, yes.

Link?

thecrimsoncrusader
1/4/2013, 08:15 AM
Link?

You don't need one. You should trust people more!

OkieThunderLion
1/4/2013, 11:39 AM

Great blocker. Just very unnatural ball skills. Did okay in Arena, if I recall.

OkieThunderLion
1/4/2013, 11:41 AM
Don't see many DBs with a frame like that. Built like a shooting guard. Really skinny.

sooneron
1/4/2013, 12:28 PM
Don't see many DBs with a frame like that. Built like a shooting guard. Really skinny.

sarcasm.

Tear Down This Wall
1/4/2013, 01:22 PM
Link?

http://www.dallascounty.org/applications/english/record-search/rec-search_intro.php

Go to Criminal Background and pop in the name Tennell, it'll give you the case numbers for both charges. Then go to the Public Access and pop in the case numbers.

This isn't rocket science. Most counties in Texas have their case information online.

Oklahoma has this: http://www.oscn.net/applications/oscn/casesearch.asp and this: http://www1.odcr.com/

From the affidavit for warrant of arrest:
"The victim's father provided the victim's cellular phone to the affiant and gave his consent to examine its contents. Numerous text messages between the victim and defendant were found on the victim's phone which corroborate...."

olevetonahill
1/4/2013, 01:30 PM
http://www.dallascounty.org/applications/english/record-search/rec-search_intro.php

Go to Criminal Background and pop in the name Tennell, it'll give you the case numbers for both charges. Then go to the Public Access and pop in the case numbers.

This isn't rocket science. Most counties in Texas have their case information online.

Oklahoma has this: http://www.oscn.net/applications/oscn/casesearch.asp and this: http://www1.odcr.com/

From the affidavit for warrant of arrest:
"The victim's father provided the victim's cellular phone to the affiant and gave his consent to examine its contents. Numerous text messages between the victim and defendant were found on the victim's phone which corroborate...."

Seeing as I'm NOT from saxet and have very little interest in what goes on there . Why in hell would I know this ?

Now aside fromk yer arsehole comments Thanks for the Link.

Tear Down This Wall
1/4/2013, 01:43 PM
What does Texas have to do with it? Case dockets are a matter of public record in any state. Some states have the stuff online.

A question was asked here about the case. I looked it up. You wanted a link for proof...as if I'd sit and make stuff up about a former player who barely made a dent on the field while he was here.

Relax.

http://www.vh1.com/celebrity/bwe/images/2010/04/JESUS-CHRIST-FERRIS-BUELLER-PARKING-ATTENDANT-05.jpg

olevetonahill
1/4/2013, 01:47 PM
I used to think you were an OK guy. But I've seen glimpses of yer dooshness. Now I get a face full way to go dude.

Im sure Most places do have that shat on line, But if your Not from there you moren likely aint familiar with how to access it.
Plus you only posted a link to what his charges are and When he will face them, Its already been postponed twice so why not again?
Plus I'd Link to all the other shat you spouted about him. Like The girls Dads statement etc.

ashley
1/4/2013, 02:00 PM
you don't need a degree, or training or anything. show up to a workshop for a few hours, get "certified" and have at it

In Texas you have to have 60hrs. college credit.

Tear Down This Wall
1/4/2013, 02:31 PM
I used to think you were an OK guy. But I've seen glimpses of yer dooshness. Now I get a face full way to go dude.

Im sure Most places do have that shat on line, But if your Not from there you moren likely aint familiar with how to access it.
Plus you only posted a link to what his charges are and When he will face them, Its already been postponed twice so why not again?
Plus I'd Link to all the other shat you spouted about him. Like The girls Dads statement etc.

O.....kay?