PDA

View Full Version : Superbowl commercials

8timechamps
2/6/2012, 03:34 PM
I thought they pretty much sucked. There were a couple that made me chuckle, but otherwise a lot of car commercials and "trying too hard" to be funny.

My favorite was the Pepsi Commercial with Flav-a-flav. 90% of that commercial sucked, until the end (the part with Flav-a-flav). The Audi 'Vampire' one was good too.

kbsooner21
2/6/2012, 03:40 PM
M&M commercial was the best.

Also liked the Doritos with the dog..."Yuh ain't seen nuthin..."

SicEmBaylor
2/6/2012, 03:43 PM
The Cox commercial was great, but I suppose it was local.

This kid is in the living room with his mom and they're checking out all of the pay-per-view content and movies available. The kid starts out liking dinosaurs so they browse dinosaur movies. He comes back in dressed as a cowboy and says, "Now I like cowboys!" So the mom starts browsing cowboy movies. This goes on with the kid constantly changing his interests and the mom looking at all the movies that cover that interest.

Finally, the kid comes back in the room and says "Now I like girls!" and he reaches for the remote but mom grabs it and says -- No, sir, I don't think so!

olevetonahill
2/6/2012, 04:01 PM
M&M commercial was the best.

Also liked the Doritos with the dog..."Yuh ain't seen nuthin..."
I liked that one Plus "There Weego" and the Fat dog

jumperstop
2/6/2012, 04:57 PM
The Cox commercial was great, but I suppose it was local.

This kid is in the living room with his mom and they're checking out all of the pay-per-view content and movies available. The kid starts out liking dinosaurs so they browse dinosaur movies. He comes back in dressed as a cowboy and says, "Now I like cowboys!" So the mom starts browsing cowboy movies. This goes on with the kid constantly changing his interests and the mom looking at all the movies that cover that interest.

Finally, the kid comes back in the room and says "Now I like girls!" and he reaches for the remote but mom grabs it and says -- No, sir, I don't think so!
This isn't a Superbowl commercial. I saw this like three months ago....and it's not even that funny.

I was working for the first half of the game so I didn't see those, but the commercials haven't been funny for like 10 years now. At least no funnier than commercials I see any other time of the year. They all try to hard to be funny or racey, that they forget to even advertise the damn product. And the fact that they show all the funny ones on the Today show the week before takes away the anticipation of "watching the commercials". People just need to stop making a big deal about the Superbowl Commercials, they are pretty much non existant in the form that made them famous.

IBleedCrimson
2/6/2012, 10:33 PM
This isn't a Superbowl commercial. I saw this like three months ago....and it's not even that funny.

I was working for the first half of the game so I didn't see those, but the commercials haven't been funny for like 10 years now. At least no funnier than commercials I see any other time of the year. They all try to hard to be funny or racey, that they forget to even advertise the damn product. And the fact that they show all the funny ones on the Today show the week before takes away the anticipation of "watching the commercials". People just need to stop making a big deal about the Superbowl Commercials, they are pretty much non existant in the form that made them famous.

S4pvEeQDIUA

Lott's Bandana
2/7/2012, 01:53 PM
I thought they pretty much sucked. There were a couple that made me chuckle, but otherwise a lot of car commercials and "trying too hard" to be funny.

My favorite was the Pepsi Commercial with Flav-a-flav. 90% of that commercial sucked, until the end (the part with Flav-a-flav). The Audi 'Vampire' one was good too.

8time nailed it. Wrote zackly what I was thinking. Flav made me laugh out loud.

There was a plethora of dogs this year. Apparently cute doggies sell ****.

Pricetag
2/7/2012, 01:58 PM
I got the biggest unexpected laugh from the chick headbutting John Stamos over the Greek yogurt.

jumperstop
2/7/2012, 04:30 PM
S4pvEeQDIUA
Why I am a cynical *******, you have to admit that "The Superbowl Commercials" just aren't as funny or creative as they were 15-20 years ago. Maybe it was because I was a lot younger or something, but now they mostly seem like they are just normal commercials, where as back then they were all funny or creative. This year there was the doritos one and maybe a couple others that were funny, but most of the others were either for stupid shows on NBC that nobody is going to watch or not new ideas. 15-20 years ago they would come up with new ideas for "The Superbowl Commercials", now adays advertisers are content using idea they've used the past five years. (I'm specifically thinking of those ****ing baby commercials....Anyone who is taking finacial advise from a baby is retarded anyways....and these were barely funny the first time I saw them 5 years ago)

jumperstop
2/7/2012, 04:34 PM
8time nailed it. Wrote zackly what I was thinking. Flav made me laugh out loud.

There was a plethora of dogs this year. Apparently cute doggies sell ****.

Although it's not a Superbowl Commercial, I love the Star Wars VW dog commercial....
6ntDYjS0Y3w

reflector
2/7/2012, 08:09 PM
I liked the Ferris Bueller commercial. I don't remember what they were selling, but the commercial did make me smile.

jumperstop
2/7/2012, 08:15 PM
I liked the Ferris Bueller commercial. I don't remember what they were selling, but the commercial did make me smile.
That was a good one too. I think it was for a Honda.

reflector
2/7/2012, 08:20 PM
That was a good one too. I think it was for a Honda.

I still like to watch that movie. That may have had a lot to do with why I liked the commercial.

jumperstop
2/7/2012, 08:33 PM
I still like to watch that movie. That may have had a lot to do with why I liked the commercial.

One of my fiance's favorite movies too...

reflector
2/7/2012, 08:36 PM

You have more than one fiance?

8timechamps
2/7/2012, 09:10 PM

Maybe jumperstop lives in Utah?

jumperstop
2/7/2012, 10:49 PM

One is almost too much, why would I want two?

Pricetag
2/8/2012, 01:38 AM
Remember the Bud Bowl, where the bottles actually played football? Those were my favorite spots back in the day. I was a major Budweiser homer. Bud Light was like OSU, as far as I was concerned.

kbsooner21
2/8/2012, 09:29 AM
Remember the Bud Bowl, where the bottles actually played football? Those were my favorite spots back in the day. I was a major Budweiser homer. Bud Light was like OSU, as far as I was concerned.

HAHA! Same here, still to this day :D