PDA

View Full Version : OU men vs. Mizzou tonight

badger
2/6/2012, 09:11 AM
This much about the Oklahoma-Missouri basketball series hasn't changed a lick: Norm Stewart looks back on the night Billy Tubbs made PA history with his "regardless of how terrible the officiating is" remark and cracks, "I thought it was a great line. He was getting his *** kicked. He had to do something."

Link (http://www.tulsaworld.com/sportsextra/OU/article.aspx?subjectid=92&articleid=20120206_92_B1_ULNSil645704)

I was sad when they said last Saturday's game was Billy Tubbs' final commentary of the season (the womens game hosting OSU). He still hates the refs... not hate, but disagrees, I guess :)

The game is 6 p.m. tonight at LNC.

TV: ESPNU

Radio: KOKC 1520 AM in Oklahoma City
KTBZ 1430 AM in Tulsa
Sirius 92, XM 190

The SS.com preview is here. (http://www.soonersports.com/sports/m-baskbl/spec-rel/020512aab.html)

The first 500 OU students in attendance will receive a free "You're My Boy Krug" t-shirt.

^^^lol^^^

Soonerjeepman
2/6/2012, 09:23 AM
it will be a tough game...if isu can hit 15 3's and win by 7....that's 45 fricking points on 3's....oh well...hopefully we can pull out a few more wins...like the article said today...we have NO depth..the guys are getting tired...

kbsooner21
2/6/2012, 09:45 AM
Mizzou coming off a huge emotional win vs. KU.

This is as good a spot as any to catch them.

Boomer.....
2/6/2012, 09:55 AM
http://i936.photobucket.com/albums/ad203/SEMIweather/006.jpg

badger
2/6/2012, 11:20 AM
Another fun Billy Tubbs/Mizzou story here. (http://www.tulsaworld.com/blogs/sportspost.aspx?After_all_these_years_Tubbs_Stewar t_still_call_it_like_they_see_it/12-14064)

A tidbit:

"Everybody's kind of shocked Missouri's getting out of the league, but way back when, it was common knowledge among coaches that Missouri thought they should have been in the Big Ten. That's where they wanted to be. If Missouri was offered membership in that conference, they've have gone in a heartbeat…

"Am I sad they're leaving? If Norm (Stewart) was still in the league, yeah, I'd hate to see them go. But I'm not hung up on it. Really, I'd have given them three days to make up their mind during that whole (stay-or-go decision-making process). If they didn't make up their mind in three days, I would have kicked their butt out. 'Let me know something Monday, and if you can't make up your mind you're gone.'"

badger
2/6/2012, 06:59 PM
TIPOFF IN A FEW MINUTES!

BOOOMERRRRR!

badger
2/6/2012, 07:05 PM
We are beating the No. 4 team in the country!

by two less than a minute into the game, hehe

badger
2/6/2012, 07:10 PM
Oh wow oh wow oh wow!

13-10 OU leads off of SIX FOR SIX SHOOTING. First TV timeout!

badger
2/6/2012, 07:14 PM
fitz with nice jumper. we did finally miss a non-free throw shot (we are 0 for 3 on the line right now)

OU still leads 15-12 with under 14 left in first half

badger
2/6/2012, 07:17 PM
Mizz about to get some shooting foul shots, but till the second TV timeout ends, we lead 17-16!

badger
2/6/2012, 07:23 PM
ou REALLY shooting well. 22-21 we lead with under 10 to go in the first half

badger
2/6/2012, 07:27 PM
24-23 we still lead at third TV timeout. can't make a free throw to save our lives. turning over the ball as much as the womens team. we should be ahead by more off of our field goals.

badger
2/6/2012, 07:35 PM
Are we really 0 for 7 from the free throw line? DIEEEEE charity stripe DIEEEEEEEE

31-27 us with 3ish left in first

badger
2/6/2012, 07:36 PM
Box score link:
http://scores.espn.go.com/ncb/boxscore?gameId=320370201

33-32 ou leads with just under 3 left in first half.

badger
2/6/2012, 07:45 PM
trailing 36-33 at the half. maybe if i change shirts we'll win the second half?

badger
2/6/2012, 08:05 PM
I am not giving anymore game updates till the news improves!

Ou down 9 with 18 left

badger
2/6/2012, 08:19 PM
Down 3 with 12ish left. Go us!

OU_Sooners75
2/6/2012, 08:25 PM
So OU doesn't have anybody that can shoot better in CJ Washington's position?

OU_Sooners75
2/6/2012, 08:26 PM
God we need more depth!!!!!

Eielson
2/6/2012, 08:29 PM
So OU doesn't have anybody that can shoot better in CJ Washington's position?

CJ has a solid shot for a 4.

OU_Sooners75
2/6/2012, 08:36 PM
CJ is sporadic to say the least.

2 or 3 point blank shots don't even draw iron.

Eielson
2/6/2012, 08:40 PM
I can't watch this game, and it appears he's struggling tonight, but I've always felt comfortable with him shooting the ball. I sometimes forget we got him as a JUCO instead of straight out of high school, but if he were a sophomore instead of a senior, I'd be really interested to see how he turned out.

badger
2/6/2012, 08:43 PM
Ou down five at final tv timeout

Eielson
2/6/2012, 08:48 PM
Anybody need a link to the game?

Eielson
2/6/2012, 08:48 PM
NOOOOOO! Pledger gets called for a travel just before hitting a three that would've brought it within 1.

Eielson
2/6/2012, 08:49 PM
If we were 10-17 on FT's, we'd be winning...

opksooner
2/6/2012, 08:49 PM
Anybody need a link to the game?

Got one? All I have is cbsSportsline.

Eielson
2/6/2012, 08:51 PM
Got one? All I have is cbsSportsline.

Real blurry, but yes.

http://www.firstrowsports.eu/watch/106328/1/watch-%284%29-missouri-vs-oklahoma.html

Eielson
2/6/2012, 08:52 PM
Kim English knocks down a crucial three to put Mizzou up 5 with just under a minute to go.

opksooner
2/6/2012, 08:55 PM
Thanks. Got it.

kbsooner21
2/6/2012, 08:56 PM
Make a &%@#*&% free throw and this isn't even a close game! ARGHHHHHH

Eielson
2/6/2012, 08:59 PM
3.9 seconds to get a three pointer.

Eielson
2/6/2012, 09:00 PM
Osby to the line with 2.5 seconds...missed first...

Eielson
2/6/2012, 09:01 PM
Pledger got a good look off the missed free throw. Couldn't get it to go.

:(

kbsooner21
2/6/2012, 09:01 PM
What a joke...

Eielson
2/6/2012, 09:02 PM
Maaaaaan. That couldn't have worked out better. I thought Pledger was gonna knock it down. I think we shoulda had this one. :/

opksooner
2/6/2012, 09:02 PM
This. Team. WILL. Learn. How. To. Win!

Book it.

kevpks
2/6/2012, 09:03 PM
1000 free throws in practice the rest of week. After that, shoot 1000 more. It's inexcusable to throw away that many free points.

kbsooner21
2/6/2012, 09:05 PM
This. Team. WILL. Learn. How. To. Win! When they get some D1 players!

Book it.

FIFY :D

Eielson
2/6/2012, 09:06 PM
FIFY :D

This team has plenty of D1 players.

badger
2/6/2012, 09:06 PM
Wow... how am i supposed to make it through the womens game now?!

Hard to stomach that we lost on free throws :(

opksooner
2/6/2012, 09:07 PM
Another three shooter and a ball handler would do wonders.

Kruger will get it done.

The difference between this year and last is night and day.

kbsooner21
2/6/2012, 09:11 PM
Another three shooter and a ball handler would do wonders.

Kruger will get it done.

The difference between this year and last is night and day.

Totally agreed. Krug is doing a helluva job!

badger
2/6/2012, 09:12 PM
My heart is out of it now. :( ou women lead baylor early and i cant even enjoy it :(

AlboSooner
2/6/2012, 09:13 PM
Can't wait till next year. Tough loss tonight, but the future looks bright.

kbsooner21
2/6/2012, 09:15 PM
This team has plenty of D1 players.

Yea, for a team that's won 3 games in conf play.

Don't get me wrong, these kids play hard and Krug's got them going in the right direction, but to be a top team, most of these guys wouldn't sniff the floor.

badger
2/6/2012, 09:27 PM
Can't wait till next year. Tough loss tonight, but the future looks bright.
we're only one win away from tying last year's total if i'm not mistaken against much tougher competition (having to play big 12 north teams twice for example).

Eielson
2/6/2012, 10:17 PM
Yea, for a team that's won 3 games in conf play.

Don't get me wrong, these kids play hard and Krug's got them going in the right direction, but to be a top team, most of these guys wouldn't sniff the floor.

With the addition of a couple players, this team is capable of being a Sweet 16 team next year. Osby and Pledger could play on any team in the country.

TopDog8025
2/6/2012, 11:38 PM
http://isportsweb.com/2012/02/06/oklahoma-basketball-sooners-lose-a-nail-biter-to-missouri/

Boomer.....
2/7/2012, 08:19 AM
Great bounce back against a team that literally ran us out of their building. If we'd only have shot free throws like we have the rest of the year we win that game. Sucks!

rdusooner
2/7/2012, 10:44 AM
I was so excited during last nights game that I told my wife, "If we manage to win this thing, you can book that cruise you have wanted, tonight". Maybe its a good thing we lost...

Seriously though, as heartbreaking as that loss was, its clear this team is improving exponentially.

PLaw
2/7/2012, 10:57 AM
Props to Krug and the boys. There is marked improvement and I think we have something to give us hope for the future.

But, seriously - how embarrassing to have the No. 4 team in the land in your house and the joint be less than 50% of capacity. The town of Norman and the student body should be ashamed. Come on, people. Get out a support the boys now and not wait for the Schooner to leave your a$$ behind next year.

BOOMER

badger
2/7/2012, 11:09 AM
I am not able to make any games this year so I probably have no room to judge the attendance figures.

My dearly beloved husband NP had to watch the final minutes of the game from a restaurant hundreds of miles away and I texted him updates throughout before then. His responses were funny --- "ugh" "sigh" "meh" as I was telling of our free throw and second half scoring woes early on.

Overall, a very sad night in Sooner basketball, combined with the womens game. But, hopefully good learning experiences for both teams.

OU_Sooners75
2/7/2012, 12:07 PM
My heart is out of it now. :( ou women lead baylor early and i cant even enjoy it :(

You take this crap too seriously.

OU_Sooners75
2/7/2012, 12:09 PM
Free Throws....Free Throws.....Free Throws

You cannot miss more than you make and expect to beat anyone in a close game.

OU hits 1/4 of their missed FTs and OU wins.

Last night, I thought OU played great. I was proud of them. But their free throw shooting failed them when the rest of the year it has helped them.

Good Job guys....Good job Coach Kruger!

This year we may not even make the NIT, but I have no doubt that the future is looking bright once again!

fwsooner22
2/7/2012, 12:12 PM

Crap ? When did Sooner Sports become Crap on a Soonerfans board. That oughta get ya banned for awhile.

Thanks for your passion for Sooner Basketball Badg... I watched every second and felt the same as you did........

OU_Sooners75
2/7/2012, 12:17 PM
Crap ? When did Sooner Sports become Crap on a Soonerfans board. That oughta get ya banned for awhile.

Thanks for your passion for Sooner Basketball Badg... I watched every second and felt the same as you did........

Crap as in sports. Not as in OU sports, just sports in particular.

But thanks for dumbing down the thread.

fwsooner22
2/7/2012, 12:36 PM
Crap as in sports. Not as in OU sports, just sports in particular.

But thanks for dumbing down the thread.

The thread is about OU basketball not "sports in particular". How would anybody know what you meant ? So really WHO is "dumbing down the thread".

badger
2/7/2012, 12:54 PM

I couldn't enjoy for many reasons... my dear NP being out on business and having to text him updates for both games, knowing that inevitably reffing and being on the road would take over and we'd lose by 30ish again, you name it.

It's a generic word so I'm not taking it to heart.

The thread is about OU basketball not "sports in particular". How would anybody know what you meant ? So really WHO is "dumbing down the thread".

I appreciate the defense but I don't need it, thanks anyway. I do take this too seriously sometimes. I mean, you don't see anyone else Android app-ing in updates at every TV timeout. :D

OU_Sooners75
2/7/2012, 02:17 PM

Considering you were too stupid to understand the context of the post....I would say you were.

Now move along kiddo!

OU_Sooners75
2/7/2012, 02:19 PM
I couldn't enjoy for many reasons... my dear NP being out on business and having to text him updates for both games, knowing that inevitably reffing and being on the road would take over and we'd lose by 30ish again, you name it.

It's a generic word so I'm not taking it to heart.

I appreciate the defense but I don't need it, thanks anyway. I do take this too seriously sometimes. I mean, you don't see anyone else Android app-ing in updates at every TV timeout. :D

We all knew that both teams would have rough seasons. So to be upset about them is taking it too seriously.

Sports is for entertainment value. Not something you should base your life around.

badger
2/7/2012, 03:05 PM
We all knew that both teams would have rough seasons. So to be upset about them is taking it too seriously.

Sports is for entertainment value. Not something you should base your life around.

The women started the season in the top 25 and men were actually getting votes in one of the top 25 polls early on... the men were even identified as a "bubble watch" team last week, while the women are still consistently named in Bracketology as upper mid-tier seeded non-auto bid.

Rough seasons? meh.

OU_Sooners75
2/7/2012, 06:50 PM
The women started the season in the top 25 and men were actually getting votes in one of the top 25 polls early on... the men were even identified as a "bubble watch" team last week, while the women are still consistently named in Bracketology as upper mid-tier seeded non-auto bid.

Rough seasons? meh.

The women are going to make the NCAA tourney...men not so much.

There was hope for a little bit...but it won't happen...and if the men cannot win two or more games the rest of the year, we won't even make NIT.

Women, we knew were going to have a rough year with the injuries they started the season with. They are still a good team, but not like they have been under Coale, though this is a heck of a coaching year by her. If the OU women can finish second in the league, that is quite an accomplishment with all the injuries they have suffered this year.