PDA

View Full Version : 60 yr. OU fan taking a sabbatical

papawlambert
2/5/2012, 11:35 AM
I will check in from time to time.

Soonermagik
2/5/2012, 11:43 AM
Ah... just pull for OU until they play West Virginia. Family comes first and OU takes a back seat to your Grandson. Good luck to Josh and I will be pulling for him except when they play OU. ;)

picasso
2/5/2012, 12:16 PM
That John Denver's full of crap, man.

LVSOONER15
2/5/2012, 01:14 PM
I thought the Rockies were more rockier than this.

picasso
2/5/2012, 01:59 PM
Well, he was right about country roads and mountain momma's.

OkieThunderLion
2/5/2012, 02:55 PM
Josh was hoping to take Hunnicut's job from him
Good luck with that!

Soonerjeepman
2/5/2012, 03:57 PM
don't be dissin my JD....grrr.....:frown:

8timechamps
2/5/2012, 04:18 PM
GREAT NEWS! You have to be very proud of him!

Best of luck to him at WVU.

Aries
2/5/2012, 05:31 PM
This is why I decided not to have grandchildren. :)

papawlambert
2/5/2012, 05:35 PM
Thanks for the good wishes to my Grandson. .

Papaw

VA Sooner
2/5/2012, 10:28 PM
Good luck to your grandson... we'll see you back when he graduates. I'm sure this site will still be around.:nevreness:

StoopTroup
2/5/2012, 10:35 PM
Thanks for the good wishes to my Grandson. Hunnicut is a fine young man. I would be disappointed with Josh if he didn't have confidence in himself.
You know that I will be rooting for the Sooners next year.
Papaw

Good Luck to your Grandson. Hopefully he won't have to kick against OU while he's at WV. I'm rooting for a shut out against them along with him getting an All American Ranking as WVs Kicker though.

God Bless Papa :D

C&CDean
2/6/2012, 04:08 PM
You don't have to pull for the team your grandkid plays on. You pull for your grandkid.

It's like when Switzer coached the Cowboys, or like now with AD playing for the Viqueens. I pull for the player, but hope the damn team loses. It's easy.

papawlambert
2/6/2012, 05:05 PM
C&CDean,
I thought you meant I could root for Hunnicut, but not the Sooners.

soonerboy_odanorth
2/6/2012, 05:16 PM
You don't have to pull for the team your grandkid plays on. You pull for your grandkid.

It's like when Switzer coached the Cowboys, or like now with AD playing for the Viqueens. I pull for the player, but hope the damn team loses. It's easy.

Or like Dean, rooting for those inbred fudge packers. :D

BigTip
2/6/2012, 05:23 PM

LOL

Biggest laugh I had today.

olevetonahill
2/6/2012, 05:47 PM
Wouldnt it be cheaper to just disown the Kid instead of buyin all new gear an **** ?

SouthCarolinaSooner
2/6/2012, 05:50 PM
I'd rather have no grandson, than a grandson who is a kicker

soonerboy_odanorth
2/6/2012, 06:11 PM
C&CDean,
I thought you meant I could root for Hunnicut, but not the Sooners.

"Grandson, I know you wanted to play for OU, and I'm sorry that didn't work out. But we are thrilled for you that you have the chance to play for West Virginia. One thing though, now that we are conference partners... If it ever comes down to a game-winning extra point or field goal for your Mountaineers against OU, I just want you to play a little word association in your head:

Think the words, "Last Will and Testament" and "Inheritance".

That's it! Good luck, Grandson!"

papawlambert
2/7/2012, 04:50 PM
southcarolina person,
It appears life would be better if you never had Grandkids.

8timechamps
2/7/2012, 08:45 PM
southcarolina person,
It appears life would be better if you never had Grandkids.

Probably spoken by someone that has no kids/grandkids. If I didn't have kids (and hopefully someday grandkids), life would be pretty boring.

papawlambert
9/7/2013, 02:42 PM
Alright,
Hopefully my Grandson will help WVU stay in the game today.

okiewaker
9/7/2013, 02:59 PM
I would be on cloud nine if my son were a kicker on a college roster,,hell,,,even backup. Don't have a grandson,,,yet.

stoopified
9/7/2013, 03:07 PM
As a man who has been an OU fan since 1969(age 9)<I cannot imagine taking a sabbatical from OU football.To me that is as unnatural as taking a sabbatical from breathing.Maybe if I had close family member or members in life-threatning medical issues.Even then I think I would hang on to Sooner football as stress release and much needed distraction,much the same way my Sooners were a much needed tonic after 9/11.

papawlambert
9/7/2013, 04:08 PM
I will now call myself a 61yr fan, but I'll guarantee if you had a son or grandson playing D1 ball I would hope you would root for him.
Josh's big ambition is to beat Texas with his leg.