PDA

View Full Version : WINNER OF THE RECRUITING TROPHY AGAIN IS.....

StoopTroup
2/4/2012, 09:53 PM
fexas. I'm sure it will be another nice piece of hardware for the Trophy Case....LMAO

http://www.sportstvjobs.com/sports-jobs-news/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/recruiting-national-championship-trophy1.jpg

Recruiting Nation scoured every league and named the recruiter of the year in each conference.

Who landed the honor in the Big 12?

http://a.espncdn.com/i/teamlogos/ncaa/med/251.gifBo Davis of Texas.
http://espn.go.com/blog/big12/post/_/id/45041/who-is-the-big-12-recruiter-of-the-year

Flagstaffsooner
2/5/2012, 07:27 AM
Hey, that trophy means alot to those in tex-***.

http://thumbs.dreamstime.com/thumblarge_545/12864756158kKTvj.jpg

LVSOONER15
2/5/2012, 10:53 AM
Glad to see them underachieve again this year.

Sooner_Tuf
2/5/2012, 03:16 PM
He did take some Louisiana talent away from LSU. Geaux Beaux!

GDC
2/5/2012, 07:00 PM
CBS Sports named Norvell as recruiter of the year...

papawlambert
2/5/2012, 07:23 PM
You can be the best recruiter around, but Mackie Brown will ruin them.

StoopTroup
2/5/2012, 10:04 PM
You can be the best recruiter around, but Mackie Brown will ruin them.

Not really. He's just arrogant enough to accept a Trophy that not only doesn't mean anything but doesn't really exist.

Mississippi Sooner
2/6/2012, 09:20 AM
The nice thing about this trophy is that it doesn't require one of these:

badger
2/6/2012, 09:37 AM
Texas mass-produced crystal footballs because back when they were just playing white players they didn't issue crystal footballs for national championships.

(I can't really talk, can I? Didn't OU do the same thing a few years ago?)

Dio
2/6/2012, 01:51 PM
All hail Mr. February!

BigTip
2/6/2012, 06:13 PM
This will give more fuel to what I have been saying for years. Great recruiter, crappy coach. Has there anyone that has done so little with so much in the history of college football? Doubtful.

soonerboy_odanorth
2/6/2012, 06:20 PM
Texas mass-produced crystal footballs because back when they were just playing white players they didn't issue crystal footballs for national championships.

(I can't really talk, can I? Didn't OU do the same thing a few years ago?)

Nope. There is exactly one crystal football in the Switzer Center. The rest are the Bowl trophies (such as '85 season Orange Bowl) and/or the trophies that were handed out for championships by the FWAA, AP, UPI, etc...

soonerboy_odanorth
2/6/2012, 06:22 PM
This will give more fuel to what I have been saying for years. Great recruiter, crappy coach. Has there anyone that has done so little with so much in the history of college football? Doubtful.

And yet, he has as many crystal footballs as Stoops. And you're saying Switzer hired a crappy coach? (Brown was our offensive coordinator in '84.)

stoopified
2/7/2012, 10:41 AM
And yet, he has as many crystal footballs as Stoops. And you're saying Switzer hired a crappy coach? (Brown was our offensive coordinator in '84.)I dunno that Mack is crappy but he is a much betterrecruiter than coach.As for comparison to Stoops? 1NC and 2 conference titles in 28 years pales in comparison to Stoops 1 NC and 7 conference titles in 13 years.

Herr Scholz
2/7/2012, 01:44 PM
Stoops has definitely owned the conference. But both coaches have a single national title as HC as well as 3 BCS bowl wins.

GDC
2/7/2012, 10:11 PM
And your point is?

StoopTroup
2/8/2012, 01:35 AM
And your point is?His point is that conference championships don't mean squat to them or they would really be upset....LMAO

Salt City Sooner
2/8/2012, 02:59 AM
And yet, he has as many crystal footballs as Stoops. And you're saying Switzer hired a crappy coach? (Brown was our offensive coordinator in '84.)
Lowest scoring year of the entire Switzer era (OU was held under 20 points 6 times). Just sayin'.

GDC
2/8/2012, 04:55 PM
His point is that conference championships don't mean squat to them or they would really be upset....LMAO

He didn't mention head to head records either...

soonerboy_odanorth
2/9/2012, 04:39 PM
Of course the real question is whether or not you would even remotely consider a swap of Mack Brown for Bob Stoops. My answer and the answer from every single Sooners fan has to be, "HELL NO!"

But I'm pretty sure you could collect a couple thousand petition signatures from Tejanos endorsing the same. Hell, Herr would probably use his favorite pen.

papawlambert
2/9/2012, 04:47 PM
I had rather have Guy Morriss of now Texas A&M Commerce than Mackie. If you don't know Guy, former Baylor coach, check last weeks Dallas paper and see what Dallas area HS coaches think of him. I would still rather have him than Mackie.

StoopTroup
2/9/2012, 11:03 PM
The last time I checked a Dallas newspaper was to see if they had another nice photo of Superman molesting Chrissy in the EZ.

sooneron
2/10/2012, 10:25 AM
I giggle every time that I hear :mack: & his staff being hailed as some end all recruiters. Crikey people, how hard do you think it is to sell austin and the facilities down there to a texas kid that has always wanted to be a whorn? Yeah, he got a couple from Looseyanna... Check out their current qbs they have on roster, heh- :mack:

Then, take a look at where our class hails from... they're from ALL OVER the country. That is the sign of good recruiting.