PDA

View Full Version : Is Oklahoma going to better than Arkansas in 2012?

oudavid1
2/4/2012, 12:22 AM
And if so, by how much?

Just curious what you guys think.

setem
2/4/2012, 12:34 AM
Why the hell have we started this rivalry with the Pigs? They had a good year but their program is nothing compared to OU's. 2012? How about we will always be better than Arkansas?

With the new guys we have coming in, I am so excited about the next coming years.

oudavid1
2/4/2012, 12:38 AM
its not really a rivalry thing, i was just interested in the topic because the teams are in similar situations going into 2012 so i was curious what you guys think. I think in a neutral site game, they would be (slightly, maybe 2.5) favored.

LVSOONER15
2/4/2012, 12:48 AM
If our D could be more aggresive and play with real intensity every game, we are way better.

Mazeppa
2/4/2012, 12:54 AM
Oklahoma is always better than Arkansas.

MeMyself&Me
2/4/2012, 08:55 AM
Oklahoma is always better than Arkansas.

This.

setem
2/4/2012, 09:18 AM
Because we both went after DGB and Norvell told on Patrino basically ruining both OU and Arkies chance with him and Gardner is now ours...Arkansas is pissed with us. I hope we play because we will shut their *** down just like we did in 2002! I have been a Razorback sympathizer because I lived in Bentonville for 5 years but that is no more! SCREW THE PIGS AND THEIR INBRED ASSES!

WE GOT GARDNER!

rekamrettuB
2/4/2012, 09:54 AM
Hell who cares...if they meet in the Cotton Bowl we will find out.

stoopified
2/4/2012, 10:00 AM
Oklahoma is always better than Arkansas.True dat

picasso
2/4/2012, 10:20 AM
Who gives a **** about Arky? They've been irrelevant since Clinton left office.

picasso
2/4/2012, 10:21 AM
Arky has always been afraid to play Tulsa home and home. That's all you need to know right there.

badger
2/4/2012, 11:05 AM
meh, don't really care. it's like asking if were better than oregon. doesn't matter, because we probably won't play them,

yermom
2/4/2012, 11:14 AM
Arkansas sucks almost as much as Tennessee

Flagstaffsooner
2/4/2012, 11:17 AM
Yes, because most of our playerers can read a write and know what toothpaste is for.

PDXsooner
2/4/2012, 12:41 PM
A lot of teams could do what Arkansas has done in the SEC...in their best years they basically beat the middle and lower tier teams and pretty much lose to the best teams every year.

Arkansas pulls the big upset on a Bama/LSU type every 5 years and they throw a parade in Fayetville when they do.

Otherwise they're a non factor.

yermom
2/4/2012, 12:44 PM
i think "aggies" is the term you are looking for

starclassic tama
2/4/2012, 02:12 PM
OU has a better quarterback, better receiving corps and offensive line coming back. defense is the question, if they play up to their potential no doubt

AzianSooner
2/4/2012, 02:25 PM
This question confuses me. I wonder if this question pops up in my mind because I think Ark team is a hot growing team that is in the league of Multiple National championship holder and contender like OU or because I feel OU is an incompetent team right now.

This is what I call... a degrading inconfident question about OU to me.

Seamus
2/4/2012, 02:44 PM
Incompetence doesn't get you a 10-3 record.

StoopTroup
2/4/2012, 03:24 PM
its not really a rivalry thing, i was just interested in the topic because the teams are in similar situations going into 2012 so i was curious what you guys think. I think in a neutral site game, they would be (slightly, maybe 2.5) favored.

What are the similar situations you speak of?

En_Fuego
2/4/2012, 03:29 PM
The question ..............?

oudavid1
2/4/2012, 09:37 PM
Arkansas sucks almost as much as Tennessee

DUDE! Not true. Tennessee is WAY WORSE than Arkansas. Which is why I am going to learn to drink more.

What are the similar situations you speak of?

Good QB returning, good running back returning, decent receiving core, and a decent defense at best. I think OU/Arky are pretty similar.

OU_Sooners75
2/4/2012, 09:52 PM
And if so, by how much?

Just curious what you guys think.

Why do you ask such a stupid question?

1. We are not in their league.
2. We do not play them.

IMO, yes we will be better than them. IMO, OU was better than them last year.

OU_Sooners75
2/4/2012, 09:54 PM
Because we both went after DGB and Norvell told on Patrino basically ruining both OU and Arkies chance with him and Gardner is now ours...Arkansas is pissed with us. I hope we play because we will shut their *** down just like we did in 2002! I have been a Razorback sympathizer because I lived in Bentonville for 5 years but that is no more! SCREW THE PIGS AND THEIR INBRED ASSES!

WE GOT GARDNER!

DGB was destined to go to Missouri.

Name the last 5 star recruit OU has landed without getting an official visit...hell, name the last team that has gotten a 5 star recruit without getting an official visit.

StoopTroup
2/4/2012, 10:03 PM
Good QB returning, good running back returning, decent receiving core, and a decent defense at best. I think OU/Arky are pretty similar.

You forgot we both wear red and have animals as our mascot.

Seriously....nothing like we run the same defense or offense? We have Coaches that are from programs they used to be at together?

Maybe we both have a player that was born in Hawaii? lol

Oklahoma has the same number of letters in it as....Arkansas?

8timechamps
2/4/2012, 10:46 PM
Arkansas is hot right now only because of recruiting, in reality, they are a decent team but didn't show me any reason to believe they are going to be anything special next year. Their signature win last season was against South Carolina. Otherwise, they lost (badly) to the only elite teams they played.

Because half the country believes the SEC is the greatest conference in the country, Arkansas gets an extra bump because they are in the SEC. Truth is, the SEC had two excellent teams last year, and a boatload of good to mediocre teams. Top to bottom, the SEC was not the best conference in the country last year. But, they churned out the best team in the country, so the "SEC rulez" love-fest continues in the media.

LASooner
2/5/2012, 02:57 AM
And if so, by how much?

32... the difference in teeth between an OU fan and an Arkansas fan.

StoopTroup
2/5/2012, 03:19 AM
heh.

I seen a couple of Arkansas Fans Cousins that still had some teeth but I think they might be related to the Clinton's and have a decent Dental Plan.

picasso
2/5/2012, 10:08 AM
Arky is living vicariously through the top teams in their conference.

setem
2/5/2012, 10:57 AM
DUDE! Not true. Tennessee is WAY WORSE than Arkansas. Which is why I am going to learn to drink more.

Why do you kiss the *** of so many teams? You said on here once you were Vols fan! You are either a Sooner or not? You seem to have some love for the SEC. I am not saying you can't appreciate what other teams are doing but for **** sake man, give OU some love!

PIGS BLOW!

Boomer Mooner
2/5/2012, 11:40 AM
Why do you kiss the *** of so many teams? You said on here once you were Vols fan! You are either a Sooner or not? You seem to have some love for the SEC. I am not saying you can't appreciate what other teams are doing but for **** sake man, give OU some love!

PIGS BLOW!

Same with his posts about how much better Austin is than Norman. What's the purpose? It's OK man, if you don't want to love being a Sooner fan by all means pick another team. Maybe Arkie came up because the team colors are close enough you won't have to buy a new bedspread?

oudavid1
2/5/2012, 12:44 PM
You forgot we both wear red and have animals as our mascot.

Seriously....nothing like we run the same defense or offense? We have Coaches that are from programs they used to be at together?

Maybe we both have a player that was born in Hawaii? lol

Oklahoma has the same number of letters in it as....Arkansas?
OK OK! You win!

oudavid1
2/5/2012, 12:49 PM
32... the difference in teeth between an OU fan and an Arkansas fan.

and....thread.

PIGS BLOW!

I am Sooner Born and Sooner Bred. But I also had family members (one, which I am named after) who played at Tennessee as well and I have always loved the Vols. But if/When(2014) Tennessee and Oklahoma plays, I want Oklahoma to beat em by 80.

Same with his posts about how much better Austin is than Norman. What's the purpose? It's OK man, if you don't want to love being a Sooner fan by all means pick another team. Maybe Arkie came up because the team colors are close enough you won't have to buy a new bedspread?
I like being objective. Anyone would argue that. Oklahoma is what it is. That is why it is so great being better than texas. Texas has NO EXCUSE to lose to Oklahoma. And then....
http://ww2.hdnux.com/photos/06/24/11/1655361/3/628x471.jpg

CobraKai
2/7/2012, 02:54 PM
I think we will have another awful year in which we run off several players and coaches (10-3 and top 15). I think Arkansas is poised to have another monumental, historic, amazing season (11-2 and top 10).

Shakadoodoo
2/7/2012, 03:06 PM
There are to many variables to know that. Let's wait till we know everyone who flunks out, gets suspended, has domestic issues, gets hurt, ect... plays out. We will be able to answer that question better then.

Scott D
2/7/2012, 05:04 PM
Besides, it's about time for Petrino to quit on this team and race for a new job.

rainiersooner
2/7/2012, 06:49 PM
Arky has always been afraid to play Tulsa home and home. That's all you need to know right there.

Total non-sequitor, but why is it called home and home? Shouldn't it be home and away? Because home and home is like apples and oranges really if you think about it.