PDA

View Full Version : Where to eat in Tulsa?

SOONER44EVER
2/3/2012, 11:08 PM
The wife an I are taking the kids to Tulsa tomorrow for the 66ers game. Since Casa Bonita is closed (kid's fav. place), what do you guys reccomend that's any good without breaking my wallet? We're looking for somewhere to eat in the afternoon that's preferably not a chain place. Any ideas?

GDC
2/3/2012, 11:22 PM
I like the curry at India Palace 71st and Lewis. Also Margaret's has great German food in The Farm shopping center.

StoopTroup
2/4/2012, 12:37 AM
If you want Mexican Food that's not to expensive....

http://www.eltequilatulsa.com/index.htm

Turd_Ferguson
2/4/2012, 01:27 AM
In

boomersooner001
2/4/2012, 01:41 AM
Fiesta Cozumel. Great mexican food and it's not expensive. It's just south of the old Casa Bonita

2165 S Sheridan

SOONER44EVER
2/4/2012, 01:48 AM
Thanks for all the suggestions.

badger
2/4/2012, 12:05 PM
This guy's reviews are pretty reliable:

Linky (http://www.tulsaworld.com/scene/food/restaurantguide/)

Since you're gonna be downtown, try Joe Mamma's Pizza. (http://joemommas.com/) 112 South Elgin Ave. Owned and operated locally, like a Hideaway except not associated with Stillwater :D

StoopTroup
2/4/2012, 04:25 PM
Joe Mamas is good but kind of expensive IMO. You can get a decent pie at 21st and Harvard called "Umbertos". It's next to Empire Optical across the street from Quik Trip.

If you want Greek Food almost as good as "The Greek House" in Norman, Jim's Coney Island is owned by a Local Greek Family and they are right there at 19th and Harvard. They have a 1/2 Chicken Dinner that is awesome and the Gyro meat as well as Coneys.

You want a burger? 22nd and Harvard there is "Brownies Hambugers". They are a Tulsa Tradition and now that the New Owners have taken over from Bill the original Owner (RIP Bill) they are trying to keep it going and as good as it always was.

You don't want the thin greasy burger? Go right up 21st to Utica Square at around Yorktown. There is a Goldie's Hamburger there also an Olive Garden. In Utica Square there is a place called Queenies that is a sandwich place that is fantastic. Also the Polo Grill but it's expensive.

CowboyMRW
2/4/2012, 05:20 PM
Incredible Pizza

Tulsa_Fireman
2/4/2012, 05:48 PM
Albert G's.

I win.

And after seeing roaches in Joe Momma's, I won't go back. Which breaks my heart because their cuban is orgasmic.

StoopTroup
2/4/2012, 05:55 PM
Albert G's.

I win.

And after seeing roaches in Joe Momma's, I won't go back. Which breaks my heart because their cuban is orgasmic.

What's wrong with a little roach? They eat them on fear factor...

Yeah....for the price they are charging for pizza....there shouldn't be any critters around.

Whet
2/4/2012, 07:14 PM
Lotaburger

StoopTroup
2/5/2012, 03:08 AM
That commercial for Hot Wing Chicken Tenders at Carls Jr. for the Super Bowl.....yum....LMAO!

cleller
2/5/2012, 09:49 AM
Guess its too late to help the OP, but for other Tulsa visitors both locations of South of the Border along Memorial are good. Nothing remarkable to look at, but solid. Senior Tequila is good, too.

Then there is the always good Ri-Le restaurant almost hidden at 91 and Yale. Very well established. Mr. Le is tops.

ouwasp
2/5/2012, 02:05 PM
Diamond Jack's is an under-appreciated eating spot! NE corner of 71st and Yale, off the road a bit. Great drip-beef sandwiches...

kbsooner21
2/5/2012, 11:53 PM
Diamond Jack's is an under-appreciated eating spot! NE corner of 71st and Yale, off the road a bit. Great drip-beef sandwices...

First time I've heard of it. When I'm in Tulsa I'm within a mile or two of that intersection every time. I'm there next trip :D

cleller
2/6/2012, 08:55 AM
Diamond Jack's is an under-appreciated eating spot! NE corner of 71st and Yale, off the road a bit. Great drip-beef sandwiches...

Glad someone is making a go of that building at last. I've lost count of how many restaurants have been there. Went to the old Jack's a time or two, but not to this location.

(it used to be up on 51st, and lost its building to the I-44 widening)

Prodigal
2/6/2012, 11:28 PM
If you want Mexican Food that's not to expensive....

http://www.eltequilatulsa.com/index.htm

This on a regular basis for 8 years.

StoopTroup
2/6/2012, 11:56 PM
Guess its too late to help the OP, but for other Tulsa visitors both locations of South of the Border along Memorial are good. Nothing remarkable to look at, but solid. Senior Tequila is good, too.

Then there is the always good Ri-Le restaurant almost hidden at 91 and Yale. Very well established. Mr. Le is tops.

Bin le on 31st before you get to Sheridan is where Ri-le got its start and the General and his Wife are still there fixing the same great food Ri-le is doing. If you haven't had the drip coffee, you are missing out on one of life's simple pleasures. Hot Ginger Chicken with Medium Sweat or The Deluxe is teh awesome.

Soonerchaz
2/7/2012, 01:57 AM
Bin le on 31st before you get to Sheridan is where Ri-le got its start and the General and his Wife are still there fixing the same great food Ri-le is doing. If you haven't had the drip coffee, you are missing out on one of life's simple pleasures. Hot Ginger Chicken with Medium Sweat or The Deluxe is teh awesome.

Both are fantastic. The pho is a must.

Mr. Le is such sweet man. We adopted our son from Vietnam back in '07...when he was 3 1/2. Fluent in Vietnamese and didn't know a lick of English. We visited Ri Le on a very regular basis those first few months and Mr. Le would quietly talk to our son in Vietnamese...asking him what he wanted to eat. Of course now our boy is a typical 8 year old spaz.

Chopsticks at 61st/Sheridan has some of the freshest and tastiest Asian food in town.

SicEmBaylor
2/7/2012, 02:03 AM
Night Trips

IB4OU2
2/7/2012, 09:50 AM
Kilkeneys, Andolini's, Ricardos, Tucci's, Tie Kei's, Stone Horse or Los Cabos to name a few.

Mississippi Sooner
2/7/2012, 10:03 AM
Kilkeney

Oh my god!

GDC
2/7/2012, 10:38 AM
Cancun

Prodigal
2/7/2012, 11:48 AM
Cancun

It's been 5 years since I stopped working near there and I haven't been back since. I was there 2 times per week from 2001-2005. I alternated Atomic Burrito and Cancun for lunch.

Has Cancun changed much?

GDC
2/7/2012, 10:10 PM
It's still darn tasty, and the old lady still won't let you share plates!

sooner59
2/8/2012, 12:13 AM
If you like Thai, I would recommend Lanna Thai at 71st and Memorial. The real deal. If you like Caribbean/Jamaican, Hibiscus on Peoria.