PDA

View Full Version : Wow, Illegal Immigrants don't mind breaking our election laws. Imagine that.

LiveLaughLove
2/3/2012, 04:24 PM
I'm sure this news station is simply racist, fascist pigs that hate poor people.

http://www.nbc-2.com/story/16662854/2012/02/02/nbc2-investigates-voter-fraud?autoStart=true&topVideoCatNo=default&clipId=6703054

http://www.nbc-2.com/story/16666098/2012/02/02/nbc2-investigates-voter-fraud-part-2?autoStart=true&topVideoCatNo=default&clipId=6703292

My usual disclaimer: I hope the videos work.

badger
2/3/2012, 04:35 PM
Illegal immigrants allegedly take the jobs most Americans don't want. It would make perfect sense that they're also taking the voting rights most Americans don't exercise.

SanJoaquinSooner
2/3/2012, 04:36 PM
non-citizen does not equal illegal immigrant.

LiveLaughLove
2/3/2012, 04:41 PM

OK, non-citizens don't mind breaking our election laws. Feel better now?

okie52
2/3/2012, 04:44 PM

Probably no correlation between the two.

Nothing to see here. Move along.

SanJoaquinSooner
2/3/2012, 06:21 PM
OK, non-citizens don't mind breaking our election laws. Feel better now?

I feel turrible. Okie was salivating at that title, only to be disappointed.

okie52
2/3/2012, 07:12 PM
I feel turrible. Okie was salivating at that title, only to be disappointed.

I'm still "giddy"about it San joaquin. Just more bad press for illegals. It's been a good day.

cleller
2/3/2012, 09:37 PM
To register to vote in a country you are not a citizen of is some high handed, arrogant crap. Move them to the top of the list for a revoked visa (if they are the sweet little non-illegals) or deportation (if they are the blatantly illegal-but-feel-sorry-for-me variety).

Of course, all the people they confronted lied. "I don't know how it happened." "How am I supposed to know?"

Obviously, some angry conservative taxpayer must be at fault. Again.

TheHumanAlphabet
2/4/2012, 05:45 AM

not technically, but frequently itis the case.

olevetonahill
2/4/2012, 09:21 AM

Jaun Guess it boils down to semantics then
Cause to me If yer an Immigrant and Ya break the Law yer Illegal

badger
2/4/2012, 12:02 PM
To register to vote in a country you are not a citizen of is some high handed, arrogant crap. Move them to the top of the list for a revoked visa (if they are the sweet little non-illegals) or deportation (if they are the blatantly illegal-but-feel-sorry-for-me variety).

Of course, all the people they confronted lied. "I don't know how it happened." "How am I supposed to know?"

Obviously, some angry conservative taxpayer must be at fault. Again.

I am probably still registered to vote back in the Norman district I used to live in, as well as the Wisconsin district I haven't lived in for more than 10 years.

I remember when they tried to make the Tulsa mayoral campaign about Kathy Taylor voting twice (in Florida and Oklahoma). Derp.

I don't like voting shenanigans, don't get me wrong. However, if most Americans don't take their right to vote seriously enough to actually go vote in most elections (or any elections), this sounds like one of those things that people don't have a right to complain about unless they vote. You know what they say, "If you don't vote, you can't complain."

OMG! Foreigners are registered to vote here and may be participating in elections here! Sooooo... when is the last time YOU exercised YOUR right to vote, fellow American citizen?

olevetonahill
2/4/2012, 12:30 PM
I vote in every election and Im ONLY registered Here

yermom
2/4/2012, 12:35 PM

am i an illegal citizen when i break the law then?

olevetonahill
2/4/2012, 12:56 PM
am i an illegal citizen when i break the law then?

Guess so, Ya dayumd ole crook :drunk:

SanJoaquinSooner
2/4/2012, 02:27 PM

illegal immigrant is a bit of a misnomer. It's not a legal classification. Most people mean "illegally present alien" when using the phrase illegal immigrant. There are lots of aliens who are in the U.S. legally under non-immigrant visas - e.g., students with J-visas, workers with H1B visas, tourists with tourist visas. If they overstay their visas they are technically illegally present. Some people would call them illegal immigrants though.

If they intend to stay as residents permanently, then it may make sense to call them illegal immigrants. If they missed the bus to the airport to take them back to Bejing, that caused them to overstay their visas, then it doesn't make sense to call them illegal immigrants.

But if a legally present immigrant parks in the red zone, I wouldn't call her an illegal immigrant - but rather an immigrant who is illegally parked.

On the other hand, she may be an alien who is illegally present and she's parked illegally in order to meet with an attorney about marrying a U.S. citizen in order to become legally present. Even if she pulls the marriage off and gets the green card, she will not be given amnesty for the parking ticket.

Non-(U.S.) citizen is a well-defined term: Anyone who is not a citizen is a non-citizen (legally present or not).

SanJoaquinSooner
2/4/2012, 02:44 PM
Y'all looking for the nearest voting booth?

http://www.keeptalkinggreece.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/illegal-immigration.jpg

olevetonahill
2/4/2012, 07:15 PM

http://www.keeptalkinggreece.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/illegal-immigration.jpg
Heh

Ya know Im just jackin with ya. :boxing:

SanJoaquinSooner
2/4/2012, 08:01 PM

cleller
2/5/2012, 09:42 AM

Reminds me of what an inhospitable stinkhole most of Miami was when we went to the 2001 Orange Bowl. Or the rude American Airlines workers who would not speak English when we passed thru the Miami airport in 2009. This, in marked contrast to the excellent people we encountered during our flights with LAN-Peru.

cleller
2/5/2012, 05:24 PM
OMG! Foreigners are registered to vote here and may be participating in elections here! Sooooo... when is the last time YOU exercised YOUR right to vote, fellow American citizen?

Personally, I vote anytime there is an election, bond issue, etc.

Another issue with non-citizens voting, (as if the situation needs further condemning) is that they might tend to vote for candidates or agendas at odds with the best interests of our nation. For instance a large enough voting block could influence the way taxes are spent or gathered, add or repeal laws that influence illegal immigration, elect officials that favor their causes.

Imagine if 200 Americans went over France and established a voting block in some little village. They could vote in some Ugly American that would build a Walmart on top of a vineyard.

SanJoaquinSooner
2/5/2012, 06:22 PM
Personally, I vote anytime there is an election, bond issue, etc.

Another issue with non-citizens voting, (as if the situation needs further condemning) is that they might tend to vote for candidates or agendas at odds with the best interests of our nation. For instance a large enough voting block could influence the way taxes are spent or gathered, add or repeal laws that influence illegal immigration, elect officials that favor their causes.

Imagine if 200 Americans went over France and established a voting block in some little village. They could vote in some Ugly American that would build a Walmart on top of a vineyard.

Of course, this is also an argument against allowing Democrats and Republicans to vote.

cleller
2/5/2012, 10:31 PM
Of course, this is also an argument against allowing Democrats and Republicans to vote.

How so?

Ballots are open to Independents. House bills, state questions, bond issues, etc have nothing to do with political parties. The simple truth is that elections are valid only if the voters are legitimate citizens/representatives of the jurisdiction in question.

Maybe you drive a truck. Does that give you the right to vote in Teamsters elections? How about if you watch football, do you now have a right to vote on the Heisman?

You can spin it any way you want to sound accepting or tolerant, but its pure malarkey. If you're not a legal citizen, you've got no business voting.

Turd_Ferguson
2/5/2012, 10:51 PM
How so?

Ballots are open to Independents. House bills, state questions, bond issues, etc have nothing to do with political parties. The simple truth is that elections are valid only if the voters are legitimate citizens/representatives of the jurisdiction in question.

Maybe you drive a truck. Does that give you the right to vote in Teamsters elections? How about if you watch football, do you now have a right to vote on the Heisman?

You can spin it any way you want to sound accepting or tolerant, but its pure malarkey. If you're not a legal citizen, you've got no business voting.Pssss...Juan has illegal kin folk over here...

SanJoaquinSooner
2/5/2012, 11:12 PM
How so?

You can spin it any way you want to sound accepting or tolerant, but its pure malarkey. If you're not a legal citizen, you've got no business voting.

How so? by voting on propositions that give themselves tax cuts while increasing their entitlements. Donks and Pubs vote contrary to the interest of the nation all the ****ing time.

SanJoaquinSooner
2/5/2012, 11:55 PM
[QUOTE=Turd_Ferguson;3449732]Pssss...Juan has illegal kin folk over here...[/QUOTE

Yeah, they begged me to smuggle them into the country so they could vote for Nanci Pelosi and get some in-state tuition at UC Berkeley.

kbsooner21
2/6/2012, 12:15 AM
[/QUOTE

Yeah, they begged me to smuggle them into the country so they could vote for Nanci Pelosi and get some in-state tuition at UC Berkeley.

Damn, you got a lot of kin folk huh? :D

cleller
2/6/2012, 08:32 AM
How so? by voting on propositions that give themselves tax cuts while increasing their entitlements. Donks and Pubs vote contrary to the interest of the nation all the ****ing time.

I think that the notion of democracy excludes the possibility of this. Since the entire concept revolves around representative government, and the will of the people.

You or I may not like the outcome, but that is the way it works.

From Merriam-Webster:

Democracy:
a : government by the people; especially : rule of the majority
b : a government in which the supreme power is vested in the people and exercised by them directly or indirectly through a system of representation usually involving periodically held free elections

SanJoaquinSooner
2/6/2012, 10:55 AM
I think that the notion of democracy excludes the possibility of this. Since the entire concept revolves around representative government, and the will of the people.

You or I may not like the outcome, but that is the way it works.

From Merriam-Webster:

Democracy:
a : government by the people; especially : rule of the majority
b : a government in which the supreme power is vested in the people and exercised by them directly or indirectly through a system of representation usually involving periodically held free elections

My point was that sometimes those legally able to vote, do so contrary to the best interest of the country. I'm not arguing that they shouldn't be allowed to vote. That's something Rush-is-my-clone and Sic Em would argue.